Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,154 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA (24689 Views)

Man Arrested By NDLEA While Sleeping Near Indian Hemp Farm In Edo. Photo / Man Hid Cocaine In Shoe Soles, Arrested By NDLEA (pics) / Dangote Truck Carrying Marijuana In Edo Busted By NDLEA (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by gulfer: 10:11am On Dec 03, 2016
Less than two weeks after a Nigerian, 38-year-old Chijioke Obioha, was executed in Singapore for smuggling 2.6kgs of cannabis into the country, another 38-year-old man, Augustine Uchenna, has been arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency in Lagos for trying to smuggle 10.2kg of cannabis to China, another country that punishes drug importation with death.

NDLEA spokesperson, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, said Uchenna, a safety equipment trader in Lagos, was nabbed at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport during the outward screening of passengers on an Ethiopian Airline flight to China.

NDLEA commander at the airport, Ahmadu Garba, said that the weeds were discovered inside garri, bitter leaf, bitter cola and other spices, which Uchenna said he was travelling with.

The suspect said during interrogation that he was simply not aware that drug trafficking in China was punishable by death.

He told NDLEA officials, “My friend in China promised to pay me N600,000 for the cannabis. This is my first time of smuggling drug,even though I have been going to China since 2011. The economic recession affected my business and my rent is also due.”

Uchenna, an Enugu State indigene said he is married with three children and was desperate to make ends meet.

NDLEA Chairman, Col. Muhammad Abdallah (retd.), said the agency had taken measures to improve screening for narcotics at the nation’s airports.

He said, “All countries with death penalty for drug trafficking and source countries are all high risk destinations. The main objective of drug control is to promote public health and security.

“I am glad that the arrest was made here thereby preventing the suspect from facing the death penalty in China.”

http://punchng.com/ndlea-nabs-man-trying-export-cannabis-china-garri-bitter-leaf/

1 Like

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by saucydann: 10:18am On Dec 03, 2016
some Nigerians tryna get rich by all means!!!

11 Likes

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by sweetval: 10:20am On Dec 03, 2016
Recession... Diariz Buhari.. undecided
Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by Barrywilly(m): 10:49am On Dec 03, 2016
Augustine Uchenna, una well done o. Name checked. Na one of them again

143 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by osemoses1234(m): 11:32am On Dec 03, 2016
Nah dem u no see d head

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by Pilate2016(m): 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
Get rich or die trying. Thank God you were caught in Naija. I know that NCAN members South West zone will soon arrive but they should know that a drug peddler is better than a Ritualist.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by Godprotectigbo2(f): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
grin grin grin grin

nwoke oma unclezuma i c u

kedu ka eke si anyala anwu cool cool cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Nwanyi Oma are you there?

Godprotectigbo2

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by arma: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
Na dem Igbos!!!Na dem Igbos!!!Na dem Igbos!!!

155 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by NaLaugh: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
Look at him putting on his most innocent face. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by illusionsbyafo(m): 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
Name Checked...... Comment passed.... am out...

12 Likes

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by Rilwayne001: 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
Cannabis or UGWU, why are you lying against the guy now

Our Eastern brethren exports UGWU and not cannabis or drugs or whatever.

angry

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by legendte(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
I am disappointed

1 Like

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by lyterydim(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
Am proud to be from the hustling clan,
It's better to do this than wasting innocent soul all in the name of Allah,

Oya zombies prove me wrong,
If wasting of life is better than this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by afeezco1(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
See his head like fowl angry

Na dem again

The developer cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by Tolulopefinest(m): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
legendte:
I am disappointed

Hun...... The same tribe right?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by bilqee: 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
NDLEA

1 Like

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by hannyjay(f): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
Why NDLE nt allow dis idiot to go to china. I wish he was arrested in china, anyways NARROW escape

6 Likes

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by Olive33: 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
bad

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by ritababe(f): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
Barrywilly:
Augustine Uchenna, una well done o. Name checked. Na one of them again

they dont even mind the death penalty

18 Likes

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by lyterydim(m): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
ritababe:

they dont even mind the death penalty
Yes we don't mind it get rich all die trying,

What of your kinsmen
Who wasted thousand of soul in the name of Allah?

Are they better than us ?

4 Likes

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by mikaelzX(m): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
Even the NDLEA chairman understands the guys desperation, by thanking God the drugs weren't detected in China grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by DaFlash: 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by ettybaba(m): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
He is from Facebook/Nairaland Republic of Biafra.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by centboy123456(m): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
NANC (nairaland association of name checkers) reporting for duty

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by JesusmyGod1: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
hahahahaha let me check the name...

hit like if u think he is from land of the dead Biafra

17 Likes

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by victorvezx(m): 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
. Na dem again oh

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by littlemistress: 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by Ododoeye0020(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
Augustine Uchenna, na dem SE NCAN OSHOGBO BRACH STATE OF OSUN

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by wunmi2odun(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
Clicked on topic and glad I wasn't disappointed. Na them Igbos again. Get rich or die trying people. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Trying To Export Cannabis To China In Garri, Bitter Leaf Nabbed By NDLEA by Ekpekus(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
The law ultimately wins. I know this might not have been his first in the game...

Abeg, El-classico on mind

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother Of Kolade Johnson, Killed By SARS Thank Nigerians For Their Help &support / Soldier Advising Youth In Kubwa, Abuja Against Looting Food Items Meant For NYSC / NDLEA Arrests South African With Meth Consignments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.