Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask (15153 Views)

Please Suggest Me Some SEO For My Site / 9 Questions To Ask Your Web Designer After Handing Over Your Website / Who's Got Some SEO Tips? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by D34lw4p(m): 11:11am On Dec 03, 2016
Answers to SEO FAQs You Were Too Embarrassed to Ask

1) What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It refers to techniques that help your website become more visible in organic search results for the people who are looking for your brand, product, or service via search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.

2) What's the difference between organic vs. paid results?
Organic results are the results that appear in search engines, for free, based on an algorithm.
Paid -- or inorganic -- search results appear at the top or side of a page.
These are the links that advertisers pay to appear on different search engines.

3) What are meta descriptions and do they still matter?
A meta description is the text that appears below your page in a search engine result that explains what the page is all about. In this example, the meta description is "Learn the elements needed to write a comprehensive blog post in just 9 easy steps."

Meta descriptions still matter, just not in the same way they used to. They used to be a place to optimize for keywords so crawlers would know more about your page contents; now, it's more important you write something compelling that makes readers want to click so you can improve conversion rates from SERP results to your website.

4) Should I optimize my domain name to include keywords?
Your primary domain should not include a keyword just for the sake of keyword optimization -- that can actually hurt your SEO. If your company name happens to have a keyword, that's fine, but don't go buying inboundmarketingsoftwarebloggingsoci(dot)com.
Get what I mean?

5) How do I know when I’m using the right number of keywords on a page?
Unfortunately, I can't tell you an exact number that is the "right" number of keywords on a page, mostly because that's the wrong way to think about keyword optimization.
There's no keyword density you should be aiming for -- in fact, using a keyword too many times can result in penalization due to "keyword stuffing." Just keep the reader in mind, and only use keywords when you need to. You'll find enough natural opportunities to include keywords that you won't even have to worry about reaching an arbitrary number.

6) What’s the difference between internal and inbound links?
Internal links are links on a page on your site that go to another page on your site.
Inbound links are other websites that link to your content. Both are valuable for SEO.

7) How many internal links do I need on each page of content?
Just like you should avoid stuffing too many keywords into your content, you should avoid stuffing too many links into your content. Only include them when it improves the reader experience.

cool Where is the "|" on my keyboard?.
its usually above the "Enter Key" on your keyboard.

9) Do I need to know code to do SEO myself?
You do not need to know how to code for every element of search optimization.
There are some more advanced SEO tactics that you will need a basic understanding of code for, but it isn't necessary for every part.

10) What is robots.txt?
This is a page that gives search engines information about the pages a company wants indexed or crawled. You can find this page by doing to YOURDOMAIN/robots.txt.

Source: www.nct.com.ng

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by nmreports: 6:51am On Dec 04, 2016
At the right timing.
Trying to resolve my SEO issues.

What's the importance of number 8?.

My site has been indexed... But Google hardly bring up topics on my website.
Tried Bing and Yahoo search and my site came up sometimes...

www.HRtechnique.com has discussion on DPR, NPower, NPVN, NCC etc.

Perfected all I am meant to do on search console.
Will check my robots txt on Monday.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by zumarock9(m): 6:51am On Dec 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by gameboy727(m): 6:55am On Dec 04, 2016
Just felt like commenting, even as I no understand anything up there.

A happy and blissful Sunday to everyone.

8 Likes

Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by HQuadreal: 6:58am On Dec 04, 2016
Thanks.
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 04, 2016
D feeling is mutual
gameboy727:

8 Likes

Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 04, 2016
lemme sit here and learn from the pros

1 Like

Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by larpah(m): 7:03am On Dec 04, 2016
Good job!
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by kinkonp: 7:05am On Dec 04, 2016
im here
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by sakalisis(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2016
shocked
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by Dandyboy57(m): 7:07am On Dec 04, 2016
Gurus---epp me oo----my ? Is--- Can i make money from page veiws if my blog is accepted by Google Adsense---if i have 2,000-3,000 page veiws--can dat fetch me some cash---pls no ves say am money conscious
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by mustymatic(m): 7:07am On Dec 04, 2016
Hmm

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by styca(m): 7:09am On Dec 04, 2016
Hi

@D34lw4p, Thanks for sharing.

This post has given me and idea. Maybe I should do a mammoth blog post like a glossary for terms used in SEO, and Internet marketing.

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by Afam4eva(m): 7:10am On Dec 04, 2016
nmreports:
At the right timing.

It is used as a separator in the title tag. For instance you have something like this in your title: <title>HTtechnique | The best website in the world</title>
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by Tolupage(m): 7:11am On Dec 04, 2016
How is number 8 relevant to SEO. Inform us
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by styca(m): 7:19am On Dec 04, 2016
nmreports:
At the right timing.

Hello,

If your pages has been indexed by the search engines as you said,

Then,

It's a matter of optimizing those pages to start ranking for the keywords you want.

However, I would want to understand what you meant by "But Google hardly bring up topics on my website."

To double check if your site has actually been indexed by google do this advance check:

site:"yoursite".com

It will pull up all pages that has been indexed.

I hope this helps and if you need further help, just drop a comment here.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by nmreports: 7:45am On Dec 04, 2016
styca:

Hello,

If your pages has been indexed by the search engines as you said,

Then,

It's a matter of optimizing those pages to start ranking for the keywords you want.

However, I would want to understand what you meant by "But Google hardly bring up topics on my website."

To double check if your site has actually been indexed by google do this advance check:

site:"yoursite".com

It will pull up all pages that has been indexed.

I hope this helps and if you need further help, just drop a comment here.

Thanks for the feedback.
I meant if I type a topic on my site the same way it is on Google it doesn't come up.

Will also do as you instructed.

However, in simple terms, how does one optimize those pages.
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by nmreports: 7:46am On Dec 04, 2016
Afam4eva:

It is used as a separator in the title tag. For instance you have something like this in your title: <title>HTtechnique | The best website in the world</title>

Thanks Afam4ever.
So in simple terms, is it a good thing to do?.
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by drehdinho(m): 7:47am On Dec 04, 2016
How would I have survived financially without the internet?
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by Afam4eva(m): 7:47am On Dec 04, 2016
nmreports:

Thanks Afam4ever.
Yeah, it is. But i'm still not certain if that's what the OP was referring to though.
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by realunclej(m): 7:54am On Dec 04, 2016
Booking space
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by nmreports: 7:57am On Dec 04, 2016
Afam4eva:

Yeah, it is. But i'm still not certain if that's what the OP was referring to though.

Thanks.
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by D34lw4p(m): 8:15am On Dec 04, 2016
styca:
Hi

@D34lw4p, Thanks for sharing.

This post has given me and idea. Maybe I should do a mammoth blog post like a glossary for terms used in SEO, and Internet marketing.

What do you think?
you can, if you've some better understanding on how seo works.
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by D34lw4p(m): 8:30am On Dec 04, 2016
Thanks @ you all.
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by hikmojj(m): 9:04am On Dec 04, 2016
lustychima:
D feeling is mutual
mutually inclusive!!!
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by Araoluwa005(m): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2016
gameboy727:

thanks for Specking for me

1 Like

Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by OBALORLA(m): 10:47am On Dec 04, 2016
To be very honest getting a better ranking via SEO is as easy as its hard.
going straight to the point, I'd first advise whoever is interested in serious blogging to use WordPress (i really do not have any explanation for that- I'm sorry).
next is to buy a domain, because if you are still using Bleep..com or xyz., it will still seem like you are joking. doing this will open u to opportunities and features inaccessible to people who haven't bought.
after doing the above, for WordPress, go to your backend and click on plugins on the menu list and select "add new". this will bring to you a page which will feature loads of free and paid plugins.
carefully look for Yoast SEO, then download it.
this plugin will serve as a guide to you whenever you are writing any post/topic. you will know whether what you are writing is optimized or not because it will tell you what you are doing wrong or right and point out what you can do to correct the mistake(s).

I can't really explain all but i assure you that if you go by the above, you'd be one step closer to achieving visibility on google's first page.

that is all i have been doing and its been fetching my 4months old blog www.nomadicnegro.com an impressive traffic rate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by D34lw4p(m): 10:53am On Dec 04, 2016
OBALORLA:
To be very honest getting a better ranking via SEO is as easy as its hard.
going straight to the point, I'd first advise whoever is interested in serious blogging to use WordPress (i really do not have any explanation for that- I'm sorry).
next is to buy a domain, because if you are still using Bleep..com or xyz., it will still seem like you are joking. doing this will open u to opportunities and features inaccessible to people who haven't bought.
after doing the above, for WordPress, go to your backend and click on plugins on the menu list and select "add new". this will bring to you a page which will feature loads of free and paid plugins.
carefully look for Yoast SEO, then download it.
this plugin will serve as a guide to you whenever you are writing any post/topic. you will know whether what you are writing is optimized or not because it will tell you what you are doing wrong or right and point out what you can do to correct the mistake(s).

I can't really explain all but i assure you that if you go by the above, you'd be one step closer to achieving visibility on google's first page.

that is all i have been doing and its been fetching my 4months old blog www.nomadicnegro.com an impressive traffic rate.
nice one, join us at: www.nct.com.ng
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by OBALORLA(m): 11:27am On Dec 04, 2016
D34lw4p:
nice one, join us at: www.nct.com.ng

bravo! I loved what I saw.
what can I do for u there?
I'm eager!
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by teemy(m): 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
nmreports:

Thanks Afam4ever.
also used in separating site menu links.
Re: Answers To Some SEO Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
Thanks!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Bloggers Struggling To Get More Traffic By Jon Morrow / How To Send Free Bulk Sms On The Internet / Bulk Sms Business In Nigeria: Steps-by-steps Guide On How To Start Successfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.