Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) (19355 Views)

Ugwunnaya Chiedozie Bags Abia State Sports Award 2020 / Moses, Oshoala Win At The Nigerian Sports Awards 2017. See List Of Winners. / FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Ipisi(m): 11:30am On Dec 03, 2016
Paralympic Gold Medalist EJIKE LUCY is the SportsWoman of the year in 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS)

The 5th edition of the Nigerian Sports Award has come and gone but would be remembered for a long time to come because of the glitz and glamour and the attendance by personalities from all parts of the country. Dignitaries were in no small amount present at the award ceremony.

Right from the beginning when nominations opened, it was clear that each categories will be keenly contested though the categories are not as many as previous years owing to the general performance of Nigerian sports in 2016.

A major high point of the night is the special recognition award dubbed #FirstSportingHeroes, where people who made Nigeria proud long time ago were recognized for their outstanding performances even till as far back as 1985.

Below are the list of winners of the awards in each categories and that of the special recognition also;

COACH OF THE YEAR 2016 – ARE FEYISETAN (Nigeria’s Powerlifting Coach)
FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR (MEN) 2016 – CHISOM EGBUCHULAM (Rangers International FC)
TEAM OF THE YEAR 2016 – RANGERS INTERNATIONAL FC (Winner, Nigerian Professional Football League)
SPECIAL SPORTS PERSON OF THE YEAR (MEN) 2016 – KEHINDE PAUL (Powerlifting)
SPECIAL SPORTS PERSON OF THE YEAR (WOMEN) 2016 – EJIKE LUCY (Powerlifting)
SPORTSWOMAN OF THE YEAR 2016 – EJIKE LUCY (Powerlifting)
SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR 2016 – KEHINDE PAUL (Powerlifting)
SPORTS JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR (TELEVISION) 2016 – MOZEZ PRAIZ (SuperSports)
SPORTS JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR (RADIO) 2016 – OLAWALE ADIGUN (Top radio)
SPORTS JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR (PRINT) 2016 – OLALEKAN OKUSAN (The Nation)
PHOTO JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR 2016 – AYODELE OJO (The Sun)

The special recognition awards are as follows;

League Management Company was given a Special Recognition Award

For the #FirstSportingHereos

-Joseph Yobo was given an award for being the first male footballer to attain 100 caps
-Maureen Mmadu was given an award for being the first Nigerian footballer to attain 100 caps
-Nduka Ugbade and 1985 golden eaglets were given an award for being the first Nigerian team to win a FIFA tournament
-Dream Team IV were given an award for being the first Nigerian team to win Olympic gold in football
-Sprint quartet were awarded for being the first Nigerian team to win gold in sprint at the Olympics (Sydney 2000)

http://get9jasports..com.ng/2016/12/5th-edition-of-nigerian-sports-award.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Ipisi(m): 11:43am On Dec 03, 2016
Lalasticlala come and see More photos from last night..

Photo 1 : SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR 2016 – KEHINDE PAUL (Powerlifting)
Photo 2: SPORTSWOMAN OF THE YEAR 2016 – EJIKE LUCY (Powerlifting)
Photo 3: The famous and world record ball juggler, Chinedu
Photo 4: Sound Sultan rounding off a wonderful night with an awesome rendition "BODMAS"

Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Eaglesence: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
Ok
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by specimenG: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
Good
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
grin
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by ylaa(f): 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
Thank God for them
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by gift01: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
Nigeria Sports Award needs more publicity. And the venue though- looks like a tin of sardine (everything jam packed)

1 Like

Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by richidinho(m): 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
Ok
Hope there is still one award left for our Desire Oparanozie, the scorer of today's winning goal

1 Like

Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by peterswagg(m): 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
ylaa:
Again? where my name?
I won't agree this time.
madam pardon my asking....please who you help...i mean who you help,are you a paralympian or what......
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by fammo: 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
Congratulations to the winners. Hope 2017 has good fortunes for Nigeria in 2017...
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by MrJorge(m): 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
Nice one.
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Rugger50: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
Hmm i guy is dey
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Unimaginable123: 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
My dearest cousin, Josephine Orji, a powerlifter that broke world record at the 2016 Rio Paralympics was nominated for "Sportswoman of the year" award. Though she she didn't win, we are still so proud of her.

1 Like

Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by AnyibestDede(m): 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
Am happy for wale adigun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by ylaa(f): 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
U r pardoned
Ask me again.

quote author=peterswagg post=51610175]madam pardon my asking....please who you help...i mean who you help,are you a paralympian or what......[/quote]
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by nerodenero: 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
Ijaya 1 of Topradio grin. Congratulations!
SPORTS JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR (RADIO) 2016 – OLAWALE ADIGUN (Top radio)

2 Likes

Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by aalangel(f): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
Enjoyed my dear colleagues; Charles and Juliet. So happy for Juliet especially. Two thumbs up.
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
lol.....I am happy for Wale adigun. Top radio crew will really be in an ectasy mood. it's so surprising that the team leader of Wale crew did not win anything. I actually meant Godwin.

Congrats to other winners. You worked for it,so it's time to celebrate

3 Likes

Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by passyhansome(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Mosesoly(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
Shout out to Olawale omo Adigun, the president Bachelor association of Nigeria, the sky is your starting point, may God continue to reward your hustle,always giving us the best in the world of sport everyday, and also those tips that makes us smile to the bank. Yomi kazeem, that guy too from equatorial Guinea and the Madrid fan too, may God bless you all

4 Likes

Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by tuna4servi(m): 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
Ok
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Vickiweezy(m): 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
What of national team players? no awards for them?
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Segadem(m): 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
Congrats to them all
...and congrats to Olawale Omo Adigun
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Segadem(m): 8:38pm On Dec 03, 2016
Good
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by paschal47(m): 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
...and the award for the best sports minister for the century goes to no other person than

Solomon dalung
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by oboy3(m): 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
Has anybody asked themselves why the hausa/fulani dont ever get special recognition for anything positive both local and international,check out lists of people making Naija proud,its always Igbo or Yoruba,yet these people have been ruling us since forever

am not hating,just sayin my mind

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by AkinPhysicist: 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
cool
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
Congratulations to the winners. God bless Nigeria.
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by Omisport01: 8:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
AnyibestDede:
Am happy for wale adigun
no be only u bro me see join he is too real for me oooo gud sport analysis
Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by BerryAnny(m): 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
Why wasn't Bet9ja qiven the best sport betting of the year?? And why is it category not among anyway?? Hmm,I smell corruption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) by franchuks(m): 9:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
Nice one. I thought Murphy Jemba would have won one of the awards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities Participating In HiFL Trolls One Another On Twitter / 9JAPREDICT BETTING: Register Now, Drop Your Username & Get N100 Activation Money / La Liga Wants El Clasico Venue To Be Moved From Camp Nou To Bernabeu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.