Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity (31861 Views)

Lockdown: Lagos Government Donates Food Items To Residents / Mother Reveals How A Health Tip She Learnt On Twitter Saved Her Daughter’s Life / Doctor Uses Slippers As A Neck Collar To Save Accident Victim(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by ObiOmaMu: 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
After several months of sourcing for funds for the survival of their child, the Sam family has lost 13month-old Michelle Sam to Symptomatic Heart Disease.

Michelle was suffering from several heart conditions that lay undetected until she fell sick and was diagnosed of Symptomatic Heart Disease last April.

Later on, the family cried out for help of N6m from the general public for a heart surgery in India. Luckily for them, they met the target and preparation started for the family to fly out the little girl out
of the country to begin her treatment.

However, the family was told the chances of Michelle surviving the surgery is very slim.
This prompted the father to channel his search to several American hospitals.

But unfortunately, the surgery could cost them from 30 to 40million Naira as against the initial cost of 6million in India.

In preparation for the America surgery, the family have to travel to Ghana to rerun some test before setting off to America for her treatment.

The consultants however, cut short their plans when, they were told, the hospital waiting list is too long for her to have the procedure in time, so her parents put all their efforts into raising money for a private operation to save their daughter’s life at the National Hospital in Abuja.

The mother said she knows other patients have been waiting a year for treatment, but Michelle can’t wait that long.

Mrs Sam said her baby was always in and out of hospital and was prone to a lot of infections.

She also disclosed that the pressure was already tough on the family, who desperately did not want to lose their daughter.

She said:
‘I have collapsed two times in hospital because of the stress, and have had to have counselling to help me deal with things. My husband had to be strong for the family and continue working as I’ve been off work for the last couple of months, looking after Michelle.
‘All I wanted was to help my baby, more than anything else in this world.’
Fast forward to November 15, the surgery was successfully carried out in Hospital for Humanity in Abuja by league of American doctors who were concerned about Michelle health and flew down to Nigeria for the surgery.

The joy of seeing their child recuperating was cut short on November 28, when 13 months old Michelle couldn’t bear the pain any longer and succumbed to death.

However, the left over proceeds from the donations from well meaning Nigerians has been used to set up a foundation in the name of Michelle Sam to help others going through the same predicament overcome it at early stage.

The family had also donated massively for another patient suffering from Heart surgery in Abuja few days after losing their own daughter.

Symptomatic Heart Disease is a birth defect of the heart in which there are holes between chambers of the heart, and the valves that control the flow of blood between these chambers may not be formed correctly.

This means that blood flows where it normally should not be able to, and extra blood flows to the lungs.

May God rest Michelle’s soul.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/12/baby-michelle-sam-dies-family-donates-funds-charity.html

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Onegai(f): 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
This is a beautiful way to turn your pain into joy for others. God bless this little angel who went back to Heaven.

147 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Just30: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
After several months of sourcing for funds for the survival of their child, the Sam family has lost 13month-old Michelle Sam to Symptomatic Heart Disease.

Michelle was suffering from several heart conditions that lay undetected until she fell sick and was diagnosed of Symptomatic Heart Disease last April.

Later on, the family cried out for help of N6m from the general public for a heart surgery in India. Luckily for them, they met the target and preparation started for the family to fly out the little girl out

However, the family was told the chances of Michelle surviving the surgery is very slim.

But unfortunately, the surgery could cost them from 30 to 40million Naira as against the initial cost of 6million in India.

In preparation for the America surgery, the family have to travel to Ghana to rerun some test before setting off to America for her treatment.

The consultants however, cut short their plans when, they were told, the hospital waiting list is too long for her to have the procedure in time, so her parents put all their efforts into raising money for a private operation to save their daughter’s life at the National Hospital in Abuja.

The mother said she knows other patients have been waiting a year for treatment, but Michelle can’t wait that long.

Mrs Sam said her baby was always in and out of hospital and was prone to a lot of infections.

She also disclosed that the pressure was already tough on the family, who desperately did not want to lose their daughter.

She said:
‘I have collapsed two times in hospital because of the stress, and have had to have counselling to help me deal with things. My husband had to be strong for the family and continue working as I’ve been off work for the last couple of months, looking after Michelle.
Fast forward to November 15, the surgery was successfully carried out in Hospital for Humanity in Abuja by league of American doctors who were concerned about Michelle health and flew down to Nigeria for the surgery.

The joy of seeing their child recuperating was cut short on November 28, when 13 months old Michelle couldn’t bear the pain any longer and succumbed to death.

However, the left over proceeds from the donations from well meaning Nigerians has been used to set up a foundation in the name of Michelle Sam to help others going through the same predicament overcome it at early stage.

The family had also donated massively for another patient suffering from Heart surgery in Abuja few days after losing their own daughter.

Symptomatic Heart Disease is a birth defect of the heart in which there are holes between chambers of the heart, and the valves that control the flow of blood between these chambers may not be formed correctly.

This means that blood flows where it normally should not be able to, and extra blood flows to the lungs.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/12/baby-michelle-sam-dies-family-donates-funds-charity.html

lalasticlala
it cost between 10000-20000 cedis in Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Eaglesence: 8:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by henrydadon(m): 8:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
embarassed

this is sad..one can only imagine the pain they are in..

23 Likes

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
Feeling bad. Thanks to the heartfull Nigerians sha.

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by shizzy7(f): 8:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
I hate seeing little babies suffer....

They're just too innocent and pure.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by steppin: 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
Which kain yeye title be this?

2 Likes

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by jantofubu(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
im moved sad
Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Arewa12: 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
Hmmmm may God almyt crown their effort...
Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
So sad but God used them as instruments of good will it is a tough loss my sympathy lies with them

1 Like

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by emvico(m): 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by darocha1: 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
good idea, i had always thought this should be the proper thing
Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Rugger50: 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2016
Good people still dey
Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by yomibelle(f): 8:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
Michelle Sam is dead buh she lives on through lives that will be saved by charity set up.

i commend her parents for donating the rest of the funds......may God massively reward them

15 Likes

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by ochallo: 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
When would Mayowa's family donate those millions of Naira left to Charity or they have already shared it, the way they wanted to share it before she died.?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
ochallo:
When would Mayowa's family donate those millions of Naira left to Charity or they have already shared it, the way they wanted to share it before she died.?
.....they should do the same, that money can save another cancer patient.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2016
Wow. Michelle is forever immortalized. The sacrifice will not go unrewarded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Acidosis(m): 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2016
That's the right thing to do.

RIP to the baby.

2 Likes

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by cocoberry(f): 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
shocked
Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Xuccess(m): 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2016
ObiOmaMu:

She said:

May the baby's soul rest....until she returns back..#Law_of_incarnation

@ the 2nd pics, is she grieving or posing for the camera?
Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2016
For this singular act God will give this family a replacement soon. What a blessed family.

Unlike the Mayowa's family that cashed into her ailment to scam Nigerians.

8 Likes

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by discman2k2(m): 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
steppin:
Which kain yeye title be this?

C'mon shut ur dirty mouth up!!! If it were a title on "tits or Cossy or nude " then ull b excited & contribute ur nonsensical nonsense.
Overbloated animal.
Gerarahiaaaaa men!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by pretydiva(f): 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
It is well
Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Tynasparks(f): 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
May the lord comfort her parents
Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by YeyeGirl(f): 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
R.I.P lil angel.. Its well!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
ochallo:
i support this

2 Likes

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by ventilation: 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
Before opening the thread I thought it's #savemayowa donation that was returned.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by JohnsonEmma(m): 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
Deliver us o Lord from every evil and keep us safe from all harm Amen.
Re: Family Donates Funds Nigerians Raised To Save Their Daughter's Life To Charity by FATM: 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
Hmmm.....God sees all, may the soul of the poor child rest in peace, don't always believe what you read in the media, anyways let God be the judge.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Craziest Thing That Happened To You Or You Have Witnessed In A Hospital / Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Nigerians, Prepare For More Hot Days & Warm Nights - NIMET Warns, Lists Way Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.