Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,339 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

I’ll Give Marriage Another Shot –toke Makinwa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’ll Give Marriage Another Shot –toke Makinwa (663 Views)

I’ll Give $10 Million To Any Man Who Marries My Daughter – Mike Tyson / Stop Saying You Will Give Marriage Another Chance- Akatugba Tells Toke Makinwa / I Might Give Marriage Another Shot – Toke Makinwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Give Marriage Another Shot –toke Makinwa by themomentng: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
Popular On-Air Personality, OAP, Toke Makinwa, has said she may consider getting married again.
Toke’s 18-month-old marriage to Maje Amaju Ayida hit the rocks when the latter impregnated his longtime girlfriend, Anita Solomon.
The 31-year-old recently officially divorced her husband over adultery, cruelty and irreconcilable differences.
In a chat with Encomium, the popular OAP, who recently revealed shocking experiences she had before her divorce, said she has not given up on marriage.
Asked if she could ever give marriage another shot, she said, “It was a journey, we all go through different stages, we learn from them.
“Marriage is a beautiful thing. Next time we would be talking, I might be a married woman, who knows. Life is a journey. You are allowed to grow, it is a journey of growth, and be open, do what you are supposed to do when you are supposed to do it, so that you can learn from your mistakes, become who you are supposed to be.”
On her perception about marriage, she said, “It is a beautiful institution. I am not coming from a bitter place, you would accept what happened.
“For me, it might be a marriage, for the next person, it might be a sick child. The most important thing is what you do with what you learnt from the situation.
“You are allowed to grow, it is a journey of growth, and be open, do what you are supposed to do when you are supposed to do it, so that you can learn from your mistakes, become who you are supposed to be.”
Speaking further, she said, “No one should see that your life is not perfect but I am here to change that. People should see you in your worst, which is how they can appreciate your success story. People should see you when you are down and under because you would still come up.
“If you reach the bottom, there is only one place to go which is the top. We need to eradicate shaming people to silence, most especially women. Women are held in high esteem.
“You can’t show to the world that you are heartbroken, you can’t show to the world that your marriage is not perfect, because people would look at you and think there is something wrong with you. But there is nothing wrong with that person.
“She is walking through life. She is becoming what she is supposed to be. It is important that we unmask ourselves, let go off this tradition because people die in silence. There is more to life than the shame.”
The OAP, popularly known for her online vlog, was recently backlashed after she literally advised youths in their 20’s to live their life to the fullest.
She had said: “Get a tattoo, kiss a stranger, have a one-night stand, party hard.”
But responding to criticisms generated by the advice, she said, “I was being misunderstood and that was also acceptable. I can’t reach everyone and by telling them this is what I meant.
“It is not every dog that barks at you that you throw a stone at. I was trying to say to people don’t take yourself serious, live and let live.”

Re: I’ll Give Marriage Another Shot –toke Makinwa by TreasuredLeidy(f): 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
OK. good for her
Re: I’ll Give Marriage Another Shot –toke Makinwa by sweetilicious(f): 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
Live and let others live exactly. People don't know what we are going through.

(1) (Reply)

Tanzanian Singer, Diamond Platnumz, Give Updates On His Son’s Birth / 11 Words Of Wisdom Every Nigerian Needs To Know To Scale This Recession Period / George Michael's Cause Of Death Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.