Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:10 AM

Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React (104273 Views)

66 Books Of The Bible In Audio Format - Youtube / What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? / Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Fidelismaria: 11:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

hoe hoe hoeloshi
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
ItzMePuffPuff:
Their strippers,Not brainless,they can understand.
☆☆☆☆
It's yer reasoning faculties in question
shen u can't grasp that all u said before was the exact reason this piecie is not art undecided.

Give it up, cupcake, you've never been the sharpest tool in the box or yard. The photo shoot itself is to convey a message; heck, messages even.

-A nude dark-skinned female to represent stripped, pillaged Africa;
-Chains to represent limitations, leash, stagnation;
-Bible to represent Christianity, missionaries/colonialists and, by extension, religion.

The whole set-up depicts either or both of the scenarios explained in my prequel posts.

Screw the euphemisms, Valerie, you're dumb.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Give it up, cupcake, you've never been the sharpest tool in the box or yard. The photo shoot itself is to convey a message; heck, messages even.

-Bible to represent Christianity, missionaries/colonialists and, by extension, religion.

The whole set-up depicts either or both of the scenarios explained in my prequel posts.

Laws o massy undecided cant u see that makes it no art.
☆☆☆☆☆
please undecided im "dumb" because i dont share yer viewpoints.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by pennytrate: 11:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
everyone got he's or her own cross to carry, mine is like a sky-scrapper undecided I got no time to worry about hers
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
How utterly revolting! The type of eyesore people put out there in the name of Art. This looks like a backyard, wannabe artist's impression of whatever vague message he was trying to pass across. True Art had just been bastardized.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
Fabulocity:
How utterly revolting! The type of eyesore people put out there in the name of Art. This looks like a backyard, wannabe artist's impression of whatever vague message he was trying to pass across. True Art had just been bastardized.

Art is art regardless of which side of the moral divide you stand on.

The true greats like Da Vinci and Michael Angelo sculpted/painted nude works.

Erm, what's "true art" again? Get it now?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 04, 2016
To me I see the message as women being chained by religion.
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by mofeoluwadassah: 12:06am On Dec 04, 2016
If its art as u've said,den y was it posted here on romance.
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 04, 2016
I can see few get it.
Only see the obvious
The Bible represents faith -Christianity
The chains -bondage and slavery
And the person is naked -stripped of dignity
Her race matters - represents the continent Africa
A lot of injustices took place on this continent under the guise of Christianity, slavery/bondage, loss of culture and tradition and the dehumanisation of the black man.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 04, 2016
JuicyLucy:
To me I see the message as women being chained by religion.
Or vice versa the loss of dignity and status due of religion

1 Like

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 04, 2016
Fabulocity:
Walk towards the light ...Art takes many forms an artist has the right to express their thoughts in a way that best purveys what they want to say.
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 04, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

You have just made my day no scarp it you have just made my whole month!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 04, 2016
This is so powerful.. embarassed
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 04, 2016
Raine80:

why undecided

1 Like

Raine80:

Or vice versa the loss of dignity and status due of religion

Soz I don't understand what you mean
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 04, 2016
ItzMePuffPuff:
why undecided

How can you not see the art? It's making us aware of slavery which is the same point you're making.
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by emorse(m): 12:14am On Dec 04, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

No, she's not. I might be a Christian but one with a discerning mind who appreciates art for what it is.

The photographer/visual artist is portraying religion as a chain, a leash which limits humanity in a way albeit an obscene display to jar our senses and, yes, to be controversial.

Whether I agree with the message being passed across is a different issue entirely but this is art and it's powerful. [/b]

Right outta my mouth
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 04, 2016
JuicyLucy:

Soz I don't understand what you mean
i agree with you! There is that better?
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 04, 2016
ItzMePuffPuff:
why undecided
You don't get it ...that's quite alright.

1 Like

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 04, 2016
JuicyLucy:

How can you not see the art? It's making us aware of slavery which is the same point you're making.
Babe,i dont need nor do i want a reminder of slavery.

1 Like

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 04, 2016
Raine80:

i agree with you! There is that better?

Are you being sarcastic now? I just didn’t understand the vise versa part. Agree or don't agree makes no difference to me.
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:17am On Dec 04, 2016
Raine80:

Art inclined, yes? Finally, a redeemer to salvage the image of the happy-go-lucky, sapheads who've registered their ignorance on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 04, 2016
JuicyLucy:

Are you being sarcastic now? I just didn’t understand the vise versa part. Agree or don't agree makes no difference to me.
I don't bicker online ma'am not my style I rephrased it in order to avoid any misunderstanding.
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 04, 2016
Raine80:

I don't bicker online ma'am not my style I rephrased it in order to avoid any misunderstanding.

OK.
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 04, 2016
Some talentless "artists", whom I refer to as faux artists have broken the record in being uncreative . It seems as if they're all running out of ideas and as a consequence, they resort to harbouring strange and unsusual ideas and tag it as art to sort of justify it. I've seen lots of bullshit art churned out by these bunch of people who are only desperate for fame and money without taking into recognition what true art is all about, expressing oneself in his own unique way. I've seen/ read about a lot of these strange and wacky arts in circulation- Like the artist who sold his shït in a can and called it art. Or is it the lady that vomits colored milk on a canvass and sells it for thousand if dollars. Her own version of "art". Or the one that littered the floor with beer bottles in his own representation of art. And then this one featured here, which I can't even interpete. It's not the nudity that bothers me, but the motive behind the display of such.
Maybe I'm not just an artsy person, or my idea and representation of art is too conventional. But I'd never agree in a thousand years that display such as this can be called art.
TheSonOfMark:

Art is art regardless of which side of the moral divide you stand on.

The true greats like Da Vinci and Michael Angelo sculpted/painted nude works.

Erm, what's "true art" again? Get it now?

1 Like

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 04, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Art inclined, yes? Finally, a redeemer to salvage the image of the happy-go-lucky, sapheads who've registered their ignorance on this thread.
Oh I am indeed ....
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:24am On Dec 04, 2016
ItzMePuffPuff:
Laws o massy undecided cant u see that makes it no art.
☆☆☆☆☆
please undecided im "dumb" because i dont share yer viewpoints.

God help your future kids for having the misfortune of being birthed by a dumbo. And the man who'd contemplate to sire them with you? I'd hold back the scathing remarks I have for him.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by RoyalBlak007: 12:25am On Dec 04, 2016
itzmeRainbow ..
always er'wer undecided.
Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 04, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

God help your future kids for having the misfortune of being birthed by a dumbo. And the man who'd contemplate to sire them with you? I'd hold back the scathing remarks I have for him.
Shut up Guy undecided u just go on and on.
U didnt even have a point 2 argue anymore!

6 Likes

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by MackBrooklyn: 12:32am On Dec 04, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

[size=20pt] God help your future kids for having the misfortune of being birthed by a dumbo. And the man who'd contemplate to sire them with you? I'd hold back the scathing remarks I have for him. [/size]

cheesy grin

Chei, this is _fucking wicked!!! cheesy cheesy

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:35am On Dec 04, 2016
Fabulocity:
Some talentless "artists", whom I refer to as faux artists have broken the record in being uncreative . It seems as if they're all running out of ideas and as a consequence, they resort to harbouring strange and unsusual ideas and tag it as art to sort of justify it. I've seen lots of bullshit art churned out by these bunch of people who are only desperate for fame and money without taking into recognition what true art is all about, expressing oneself in his own unique way. I've seen/ read about a lot of these strange and wacky arts in circulation- Like the artist who sold his shït in a can and called it art. Or is it the lady that vomits colored milk on a canvass and sells it for thousand if dollars. Her own version of "art". Or the one that littered the floor with beer bottles in his own representation of art. And then this one featured here, which I can't even interpete. It's not the nuditthat bothers me, but the motive behind the display of such
. Do the necessary research on nude art.
This piece - the art work being disputed - is as telling as the Monalisa, I dare assert. A one-theme picture with a thousand stories behind it. Racism, colonialism, the ills and pros of religion, the inhumanity of humans and the flickering light of hope in despair... I could write tens of stories from that piece.

Maybe I'm not just an artsy person, or my idea and representation of art is too conventional. But I'd never agree in a thousand years that display such as this can be called art.

I suppose this sums it up but, then again, it's why it is art - to be interpreted by the viewer in different ways...and to elicit diverging opinions and reactions.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 04, 2016
That interpretation makes a lot of sense. The truth is, I don't have much respect for modern day artists. The renaissance artists, in my opinion are the greatest. They created art because it was something they had a real passion for, not because they were hoping to sell their works off at some exhibit at an incredulously high price. And truly indeed, my expectation of what art entails is too mainstream. Art has apparently evolved.
TheSonOfMark:
. Do the necessary research on nude art.
This piece - the art work being disputed - is as telling as the Monalisa, I dare assert. A one-theme picture with a thousand stories behind it. Racism, colonialism, the ills and pros of religion, the inhumanity of humans and the flickering light of hope in despair... I could write tens of stories from that piece.

I suppose this sums it up but, then again, it's why it is art - to be interpreted by the viewer in different ways...and to elicit diverging opinions and reactions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sex Tape Of Apostle Chris Omatsola & Princess Tamaratokoni Okpewho Leaked Online / Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.