Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God (54534 Views)

Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? / Without God, Your Life Is Empty For God Is Life / A World Without God And Death of Civilization! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by JackBizzle: 4:59am On Apr 08, 2017
Blogthug:

that's quite falls, according to TH Huxley who coined the term agnosticism, an agnostic is neither a theist nor an atheist, it's the middle ground

Thanks for confirming your ignorance.
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Blogthug(m): 11:10am On Apr 08, 2017
[quote author=JackBizzle post=55369634]

Thanks for confirming your ignorance.

[/quote

imagine someone ignorant of the etymology of a word calling another person ignorant, lol no need to bother explaining anything to u, it will be like trying to teach maths to a fish
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by JackBizzle: 11:39am On Apr 08, 2017
Blogthug:

imagine someone ignorant of the etymology of a word calling another person ignorant, lol no need to bother explaining anything to u, it will be like trying to teach maths to a fish

An agnostic is an atheist.

Agnostics do not believe in a God or gods. They believe that it can't be proved either way. So they live a life without bothering about the question of God.

I am agnostic atheist.

Learn.

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by hopefulLandlord: 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2017
Gnostic and agnostic represents "Knowledge"

gnostic is someone who claims to know

agnostic is someone who doesn't claim to know

gnostic atheist is someone who doesn't believe in any god and also claims to know there is no god

agnostic atheist is someone who doesn't believe in any god but is not claiming to know there is no god

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by 4kings: 6:55pm On Apr 08, 2017
Blogthug:

we know from Nobel Prize winning scientific evidences that the universe (time space and matter) began to exists 13.8 billion years ago after the Big Bang , and we deduce that since its evident that our universe is not eternal, the cause will be timeless, spaceless and matterless hence supernatural, and God (capital G) by definition has those attributes

now if u claim not to know what caused the universe, are u Open minded to the idea that it could be God?
This "scientific evidence" is currently debated.
So it's not valid for this argument, at the moment.
I'm not an atheist oo, but using that theory is not valid anymore for this kind of debate, at-least for now.
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by 4kings: 7:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
Blogthug:

remember even as classic Deists don't believe in God intervening with humanity, we cannot say if God doesn't after we die.
Does your definition of God have a mind of his own or is it solely an impersonal creator as most deists think?

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:18am On Apr 09, 2017
IgboLoyalist , bro I think you should read this write up . And ask yourself : if God didn't reveal Himself to the deists how could they deduce that He as a creator exists . You can make more researches on natural theology - this should open up a whole new perspective of this matter .

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:26am On Apr 09, 2017
4kings:

Does your definition of God have a mind of his own or is it solely an impersonal creator as most deists think?

Bro , one question , Does God have the freedom of will ?

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by orisa37: 9:54am On Apr 09, 2017
God without Religion is LIFELESS, NO DISTINGUISHING AND IGNORANCE.
Religion without God is FAITHLESS AND STRICKEN WITH POVERTY.
Please mind your language!!!
Religion is a Visitor to The Host God.
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:01am On Apr 09, 2017
Blogthug:

Buddhism exactly? really? even in Nigeria alot of cultures believed in reincarnation, they believe that a late relative can be reborn, they go as far as naming the child with the name of the late relative, it's mostly due to a particular birth mark shared between the late relative and the baby or some other reasons like a kid dying at a young age and they think he didn't fulfil his mission in the world. were they Buddhists? no ofcoz ,

it's has been scientifically shown that humans are born with innate belief in God, but religion was made by man, just like how we are born with ability for speech and man made sign language smiley

I hope reincarnation is true because I'd love to live some more, even if it's with a different consciousness and no memory of previous life, non existence won't be a nice thing u know. but hey, it's all wishful thinking. remember even as classic Deists don't believe in God intervening with humanity, we cannot say if God doesn't after we die.

But either way , reincarnation is a superstitious belief ; I wonder why a deist would even subscribe to such beliefs .

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by 4kings: 3:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro , one question , Does God have the freedom of will ?
No. Its a necessary being.
If God is omniscient then it has no free will.
If God exists outside of time, then he also does not have free will here.

Anonynymous, Uyilredia and Deepsight what do you think?
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
4kings:

No. Its a necessary being.
If God is omniscient then it has no free will.
If God exists outside of time, then he also does not have free will here.

Anonynymous, Uyilredia and Deepsightwhat do you think?

Is it possible for the universe not to exist ? Is possible that the universe could have been designed differently ?

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by 4kings: 3:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Is it possible for the universe not to exist ? Is possible that the universe could have been designed differently ?
Yes
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
4kings:

Yes

Then God has the freedom of will . Its by God's will that the universe exists in the first place ; if he didn't decide to cause the existence of the universe then it wouldn't have existed . Its by his will that the universe exists . Therefore , since God has the freedom of will , its logical to conclude that God through his freedom of will should and can intervene in the affairs of man and the universe .

And that's where deism bleeped up angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
^^ 4kings just noticed that you emboldened the text of the second question meaning you responded to it . The same thing applies bro .

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by 4kings: 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Then God has the freedom of will . Its by God's will that the universe exists in the first place ; if he didn't decide to cause the existence of the universe then it wouldn't have existed . Its by his will that the universe exists . Therefore , since God has the freedom of will , its logical to conclude that God through his freedom of will should and can intervene in the affairs of man and the universe .

What rubbish is this?
You of all people should know the concept of a personal and impersonal God and also know a word called "random".

Most deists agree God has an impersonal attributes, and not a mind of his own in the sense you are looking at it from.

The cause of the creation of this universe is from an impersonal force and not a fully anthropomorphic being.
If this cause does not have personal attributes, then it can't initiate plans on his own and this universe was caused by necessary(possibly random) events that made it the way it is.
I hope you've been cleared.

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2017
4kings:

What rubbish is this?
You of all people should know the concept of a personal and impersonal God and also know a word called "random".

Most deists agree God has an impersonal attributes, and not a mind of his own in the sense you are looking at it from.

The cause of the creation of this universe is from an impersonal force and not a fully anthropomorphic being.
If this cause does not have personal attributes, then it can't initiate plans on his own and this universe was caused by necessary(possibly random) events that made it the way it is.
I hope you've been cleared.

What kind of garbage is this you posted as a rebuttal . Deism posits that God orchestrated creation of the universe but does not intervene with His creation .

Mister man go and find out where you belong and stop claiming to be a deist upandan cheesy I strongly doubt you know what deism is . I thought you said you are now a free thinker ? Seems like you freely spewed this garbage all by yourself
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by 4kings: 5:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

What kind of garbage is this you posted as a rebuttal . Deism posits that God orchestrated creation of the universe but does not intervene with His creation .

Mister man go and find out where you belong and stop claiming to be a deist upandan cheesy I strongly doubt you know what deism is . I thought you said you are now a free thinker ? Seems like you freely spewed this garbage all by yourself
I really don't like labels or grouping myself to a sect because of this kind of situation.

But let me ask you, have you asked or read on deists websites on how this orchestration may have taken place?
I follow some deists site(like deism.com and positivedeism.com even patheos.com) and also feeds tagged with deism on Quora and other online forums and i have observed that most consider this God as an IMPERSONAL BEING.
If this is the case then this "orchestration" is not thought as, the same way you are thinking about it.

Deists have different opinions on some issues, that's why i didn't want to attack your ignorant post straight up.

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

But either way , reincarnation is a superstitious belief ; I wonder why a deist would even subscribe to such beliefs .

reincarnation is a superstitious belief says a person who believes in three in one god that sent himself to be killed lmao. if reincarnation is a superstitious belief then your own belief is even worse idolatry and superstion.
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Blogthug(m): 10:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
4kings:

This "scientific evidence" is currently debated.
So it's not valid for this argument, at the moment.
I'm not an atheist oo, but using that theory is not valid anymore for this kind of debate, at-least for now.

what's this? did u not hear me say that the scientists that discovered evidences supporting Lemaitre's Big Bang won Nobel prizes? google it and research for yourself, well except they did the debate in your fathers compound lol
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Blogthug(m): 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

An agnostic is an atheist.

Agnostics do not believe in a God or gods. They believe that it can't be proved either way. So they live a life without bothering about the question of God.

I am agnostic atheist.

Learn.

newly indoctrinated atheist like you are always ignorant and incredulous, T H Huxley who coined the term agnosticism didn't want anything to do with Atheism or theism, hence he coined the term agnosticism , research alil, u won't die

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Blogthug(m): 10:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Gnostic and agnostic represents "Knowledge"

gnostic is someone who claims to know

agnostic is someone who doesn't claim to know

gnostic atheist is someone who doesn't believe in any god and also claims to know there is no god

agnostic atheist is someone who doesn't believe in any god but is not claiming to know there is no god

is this what they taught you in your atheism whatsapp group or u saw it on some meme ? lol, go an read T H Huxley and stop spewing ignorance, atheism and agnosticism are mutually exclusive, stop appealing to epistemic luck, it's a fallacy. I made a post about this a while back, go through it
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Blogthug(m): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

don't strawman what I said pls, I clearly stated that I HOPED for it to be true, don't conflate it with believing in it.

also if reincarnation according to you is superstitious it logically applies to believing in heaven or some hell. since there are no Empirical evidences for both, only anecdotal evidences on both sides and in religious books
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by hopefulLandlord: 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2017
Blogthug:

is this what they taught you in your atheism whatsapp group or u saw it on some meme ? lol, go an read T H Huxley and stop spewing ignorance, atheism and agnosticism are mutually exclusive, stop appealing to epistemic luck, it's a fallacy. I made a post about this a while back, go through it

I don't care about the post or origin; if you've got anything contrary to my post, kindly lay it out

1 Like

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Blogthug(m): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
4kings:

only few deists believes in impersonal creator actually, reason is because of evidences supporting intelligent design, and intelligence can only come from a mind, think about the information process in a DNA code . these and many more evidences for Intelligent design even help convinced late former renowned Atheist philosopher Anthony flew ( noted for redefining atheism as lack of belief) into dumping atheism for deism
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Blogthug(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
IgboLoyalist , bro I think you should read this write up . And ask yourself : if God didn't reveal Himself to the deists how could they deduce that He as a creator exists . You can make more researches on natural theology - this should open up a whole new perspective of this matter .

God revealed himself through designs in Nature , man seeing intelligent designs deducted that it must be from a supreme being or creative mind .only intelligence begets intelligence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Blogthug(m): 11:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

freedom of will is a human attribute based on empirical observation
God is not human
therefore God doesn't need to have freedom of will

God could have something different since supernatural , but if A is not B then A is not B

even if God has freedom of will, the fact that he can intervene in affairs of man if he wanted to doesn't mean u can start presupposing that he does, the fact that I can kill someone if I wanted to , doesn't in anyway mean I have killed anyone
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Blogthug(m): 11:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
4kings:

I really don't like labels or grouping myself to a sect because of this kind of situation.

But let me ask you, have you asked or read on deists websites on how this orchestration may have taken place?
I follow some deists site(like deism.com and positivedeism.com even patheos.com) and also feeds tagged with deism on Quora and other online forums and i have observed that most consider this God as an IMPERSONAL BEING.
If this is the case then this "orchestration" is not thought as, the same way you are thinking about it.

Deists have different opinions on some issues, that's why i didn't want to attack your ignorant post straight up.

study renowned deistic philosophers most didn't believe in an impersonal creator , an impersonal creator automatically refutes the idea of Intelligence design which is part of the core beliefs of deism, intelligence can only come from a mind , so u made a false dichotomy, it doesn't hav to either be impersonal or personal when it's a supernatural entity we talking about here
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by Blogthug(m): 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I don't care about the post or origin; if you've got anything contrary to my post, kindly lay it out

how can u gain true knowledge with this your " I don't care" attitude? ehn? Oya start from here

www.nairaland.com/3559976/proof-there-no-such-thing
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by hopefulLandlord: 12:02am On Apr 12, 2017
Blogthug:

how can u gain true knowledge with this your " I don't care" attitude? ehn? Oya start from here

www.nairaland.com/3559976/proof-there-no-such-thing

OGA, you're committing etymological fallacy
Re: Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God by JackBizzle: 2:28am On Apr 12, 2017
Blogthug:

newly indoctrinated atheist like you are always ignorant and incredulous, T H Huxley who coined the term agnosticism didn't want anything to do with Atheism or theism, hence he coined the term agnosticism , research alil, u won't die

Spoken like a true ignorant fellow.

Language evolves. "gay" does not mean the same thing it meant in the 19th century.

Origin of a word is very different from its use in modern times.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29) (Reply)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / What Is The Meaning Of Picking Ripe And Unripe Plantain In A Dream? / Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.