Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers (45967 Views)

1,000 Chinese Scammers Arrested Inside A House In Malaysia (Photos) / ‘I Called Them Before I Have Sex With My Wife’; Man Hypnotised By Scammers. PIC / 11-Year-Old Girl's Buttocks Burnt In Bayelsa For Buying Biscuit With Aunty's 100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Bishops10(m): 11:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
It was around 6pm yesterday, while I was washing some cloths, my cousin ran to our house and started saying "Emma I don enter trouble oo.. chai, which kind life be this??"

In my mind I was thinking he got into problem with someone or probably lost his phone,I never knew it was more than that. He was sweating profusely, I then told him to calm down and tell me what the problem is

Thus he started.

"This afternoon mumsy told me to go and send some money to Bishop,as I was about entering the bank,one guy approached me and asked me if I know Where they sell *Goko cleanser* around Alaba/Suru that he's just coming down from Delta,he came to get the drug for his sick mum.I told him I don't know the place and entered the bank premises so one guy standing close to the ATM started asking me what the guy is saying and I told him. meanwhile he has already met with the guy outside but on approaching him(the second guy) he started shouting ..."I don't have money..leave me" and the guy left him and was loitering outside the bank.

Note: The guy said he has 1.3m to buy the medicine

"So the guy at the ATM now said we should go and show him the place and that the medicine is not sold up to that amount so we can get the money and share the remaining later.so I followed them.We got to one old man's house around Agudu and the guy said we should greet the Baba with respect that he is very powerful which we did.

"They now said I should bring out my phone and every other thing I have and hand it to them I did I was told...handed over to them
1.My phone
2.The 6k I'm holding
Note: The Charm they used on him is in full action

"They now asked if I know where mumsy and Sis keeps their money or ATM,I said yes..they said i should go and bring it within 30mins and I shouldn't talk to anybody on the way or at home that if I do my belle will swell up and I will have accident and die
I ran home and took mumsy's
1.Phone
2.ATM
3.#600 from her handbag

"I went back to them and gave them everything, they asked me of the ATM Pin and I told them so they now said I should go to CMS bustop and bring sand,they even gave me T.fare and off I went on coming back to that place,alas I didn't see them,I asked people around and they said they don't know..That was when it dawned on me that I've been scammed and I started running home"

Meanwhile, before he came back from the back,mumsy has already started looking for him cause she put her Glo sim in a smaller phone and immediately Debit alert started flooding her inbox..20k...20k..20k. before you know it,they've collected close to or even more than 200k
she started running like mad woman looking for her son to know what's wrong she even went to the bank that they were making the withdrawals and met the security men there, complained to them of what's happening but they told her to go back that its late. Tomorrow she should go to one branch at Ikeja and complain

To cut whole thing short,

Meanwhile I was trying every means possible to block the Pin all to no avail,I checked my Quickteller app,the change pin there isn't bringing any other option when clicked.

I remembered UBA once sent me number of one of there staff as my personal manager,I immediately searched for the message,got the number and called the guy to know if at least he knows anyone in First bank that I can reach since he works with UBA and the bank in question is First bank. Sadly he said no but I should make use of Google to search for First bank's customer care contact of which I did.
I called the number I saw

What I heard was "Welcome to first bank blah blah blah...if you want to be serviced in English press one....e.t.c(My airtime was reading oo) I then pressed 0 waiting to be connected to a care agent...now second world war began.For over 5 mins nobody picked up and my airtime finished.

I Copied the Fb page address I saw,sent them message,I was hoping they will reply asap cause they made a post just a minute before I messaged them all to no avail

I resorted to mailing them,I think that's what they got and eventually blocked the card cause I called back the customer care after recharging since they didn't reply my mail and she said it seems the card has already been blocked cause she can't see it from her own end.
just like that my Aunty lost about 200+k yesterday in this Buhari regime

P.s Is there anyway we can track the criminals,maybe going to the bank on Monday to get the CCTV footage cause the boy said he can recognise one of them very well?

2 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by ogbenii: 11:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
Oooh...so sorry to hear that OP They will surely suffer it!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by fijiano202(m): 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
Moral of the scam is always mind ur business And dont follow strangers to anywhere

212 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by LouisBERG: 1:02am On Dec 04, 2016
This is worrisome......not in this economic recession. So sorry for the loss.
Be very observant and also learn how to mind your business next time.

#caLLmeBERG

11 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by HtwoOw: 3:42am On Dec 04, 2016
This your Uncle's story has kleg

But if it's true, sorry for your loss , never follow anyone anywhere

1 Like

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Kingbuhari(m): 5:56am On Dec 04, 2016
only greedy people that like short cut fall for this kind of scam... I have met this ppl many uncountable time , rather they turn around to be my victim, the last one I met said I should go and bring 1m so they can bought the chemical needed to print the dollars, I collected the TP they give me go play baba ijebu, luckily I won that day , they waited for me tired because I told them my uncle kept 10m under my care... always be conscious of urself u will never fall for such

153 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Bishops10(m): 11:35am On Dec 04, 2016
HtwoOw:
This your Uncle's story has kleg

But if it's true, sorry for your loss , never follow anyone anywhere
Did you read the writeup at all

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Bishops10(m): 11:41am On Dec 04, 2016
Kingbuhari:
only greedy people that like short cut fall for this kind of scam... I have met this ppl many uncountable time , rather they turn around to be my victim, the last one I met said I should go and bring 1m so they can bought the chemical needed to print the dollars, I collected the TP they give me go play baba ijebu, luckily I won that day , they waited for me tired because I told them my uncle kept 10m under my care... always be conscious of urself u will never fall for such
The boy is still young bro.....my elder bro once told me about this scenario...One will come telling that,that guy over there just came down from Ghana,he doesn't know how to speak our language and he has a lot of money with him,lets dupe him and run away...he will then tell you to go and bring money for them to buy chemical to wash the Dollar,in some cases you drop your phone with them. ..
Lagos is survival of the fittest

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Bishops10(m): 11:50am On Dec 04, 2016
Oga Seun no need saying Happy sunday cause you don't go to church but you must tell aunty Tonto Dike sorry Linda grin to prepare rice for I and Mynd44
Lalasticlala, Nwanne Ude Okochukwu kee way?? grin

2 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by serverconnect(m): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
too bad

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by kokosin: 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
Na buhari dey cause all dis things ooo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by opethom(m): 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
thats why I no dey attend to stranger, juju still exist don't doubt

3 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by soberdrunk(m): 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
Chai! Nah dis kain pikin person suppose carry go market exchange am with 2 "native fowl" use am do peppersoup, chop feel alright. It all boils down to "greed", its 'almost' impossible to scam someone who isnt "greedy" angry

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Chocogold: 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2016
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by mediagenius: 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2016
H
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by d33types: 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2016
Only greedy folks fall for these scams

4 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Afonjashapmouth: 1:45pm On Dec 04, 2016
Back from a serious long ban..... oya let another trouble begins..... on a second thought make i calm down watch traffic before i go cross road... grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by richidinho(m): 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2016

1 Like

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by johnshagb(m): 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
Jeez, that guy must be a dunce, no offence. The method they used on him ain't even sophisticated at all.

Go to the bank on Monday to check the cctv and ATM photos

8 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by notoriousbabe: 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
They did the same thing to my friend last year, the guy lost about 600k to them, he didnt tell anybody except me.
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Sultanchidi(m): 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2016
That prodigal son is a junkie. Greed

2 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Triniti(m): 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
this can only happen to a greedy person

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by richidinho(m): 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
notoriousbabe:
They dided Sam thing to my friend last year,the guy losted about 600k to them,he didnt told anybody except me
When are you going to be buried? oh english grin

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Temitoppe(m): 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
I had a similar experience january 2013 at akure. I just thank God for his grace over my life.
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by buJu234: 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
greed and quick money mentality that was his problem.

why must u follow or want to reap in a business that u havent invested time & energy it for atleast 48hrs?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by FcMilan: 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2016
Wen dey catch Those guys beat dem to stupor nw

some people go come here begin shout

No To Jungle Justice

but dem no go talk nw wen dem don do innocent boy bad thing...

Guy if u catch dem set dem on fire we don't need those guys on earth to cause more people harm

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by adebayo201: 1:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
LouisBERG:
This is worrisome......not in this economic recession. So sorry for the loss.
Be very observant and also learn how to mind your business next time.
#caLLmeBERG
#gospel

God bless you jare!
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by notoriousbabe: 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
richidinho:

When are you going to be buried? oh english grin
get out. How many English does you know?can you spoke English more than me?for your information I tooked A1 in my GCE.

10 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bishops10:
It was around 6pm yesterday, while I was washing some cloths, my cousin ran to our house and started saying "Emma I don enter trouble oo.. chai, which kind life be this??"

In my mind I was thinking he got into problem with someone or probably lost his phone,I never knew it was more than that. He was sweating profusely, I then told him to calm down and tell me what the problem is

Thus he started.

"This afternoon mumsy told me to go and send some money to Bishop,as I was about entering the bank,one guy approached me and asked me if I know Where they sell *Goko cleanser* around Alaba/Suru that he's just coming down from Delta,he came to get the drug for his sick mum.I told him I don't know the place and entered the bank premises so one guy standing close to the ATM started asking me what the guy is saying and I told him. meanwhile he has already met with the guy outside but on approaching him(the second guy) he started shouting ..."I don't have money..leave me" and the guy left him and was loitering outside the bank.

Note: The guy said he has 1.3m to buy the medicine

"So the guy at the ATM now said we should go and show him the place and that the medicine is not sold up to that amount so we can get the money and share the remaining later.so I followed them.We got to one old man's house around Agudu and the guy said we should greet the Baba with respect that he is very powerful which we did.

"They now said I should bring out my phone and every other thing I have and hand it to them I did I was told...handed over to them
1.My phone
2.The 6k I'm holding
Note: The Charm they used on him is in full action

"They now asked if I know where mumsy and Sis keeps their money or ATM,I said yes..they said i should go and bring it within 30mins and I shouldn't talk to anybody on the way or at home that if I do my belle will swell up and I will have accident and die
I ran home and took mumsy's
1.Phone
2.ATM
3.#600 from her handbag

"I went back to them and gave them everything, they asked me of the ATM Pin and I told them so they now said I should go to CMS bustop and bring sand,they even gave me T.fare and off I went on coming back to that place,alas I didn't see them,I asked people around and they said they don't know..That was when it dawned on me that I've been scammed and I started running home"

Meanwhile, before he came back from the back,mumsy has already started looking for him cause she put her Glo sim in a smaller phone and immediately Debit alert started flooding her inbox..20k...20k..20k. before you know it,they've collected close to or even more than 200k
she started running like mad woman looking for her son to know what's wrong she even went to the bank that they were making the withdrawals and met the security men there, complained to them of what's happening but they told her to go back that its late. Tomorrow she should go to one branch at Ikeja and complain

To cut whole thing short,

Meanwhile I was trying every means possible to block the Pin all to no avail,I checked my Quickteller app,the change pin there isn't bringing any other option when clicked.

I remembered UBA once sent me number of one of there staff as my personal manager,I immediately searched for the message,got the number and called the guy to know if at least he knows anyone in First bank that I can reach since he works with UBA and the bank in question is First bank. Sadly he said no but I should make use of Google to search for First bank's customer care contact of which I did.
I called the number I saw

What I heard was "Welcome to first bank blah blah blah...if you want to be serviced in English press one....e.t.c(My airtime was reading oo) I then pressed 0 waiting to be connected to a care agent...now second world war began.For over 5 mins nobody picked up and my airtime finished.

I Copied the Fb page address I saw,sent them message,I was hoping they will reply asap cause they made a post just a minute before I messaged them all to no avail

I resorted to mailing them,I think that's what they got and eventually blocked the card cause I called back the customer care after recharging since they didn't reply my mail and she said it seems the card has already been blocked cause she can't see it from her own end.
just like that my Aunty lost about 200+k yesterday in this Buhari regime

P.s Is there anyway we can track the criminals,maybe going to the bank on Monday to get the CCTV footage cause the boy said he can recognise one of them very well?
no jass was used on u they just tap into your greed which every human got which when manage well will save u

4 Likes

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by PAnaceA7(m): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
Common Lagos tactics...experienced one at Igando but didn't fall victim...I just dey tell d guy go help am na...na by force...d guy left me wen he saw I had no time for his rubbish.....

Just to confirm my instinct dey were scammers I still hung around there for 4mins without them noticing me and I saw they were looking for their next prey.... Lag is survival of the fittest ooo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by goshen26: 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
fijiano202:
Moral of the scam is always mind ur business And dont follow strangers to anywhere

In aunty Jenifa's voice " its good to mindeding my businezz"

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Delta Herbalist Arrested With Two Human Skulls (Pictures) / Men Brutalize Their kids With Hot Iron, Plank (graphic Pics) / Police Kill 5 Notorious Criminals In Katsina (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.