Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,914 members, 7,806,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name (18707 Views)

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Canaanland Is A Bad Name For Winners Chapel / Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by GoggleB(m): 8:43am On Dec 04, 2016
ebube93:

Listen when God made satan(when he's still angel) and gave him the name lucifer he gave him the name to beautify him the way he is, because he's handsome.
You can name your son Lucifer then if he his handsome..
I rest my case..
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by dayleke: 8:49am On Dec 04, 2016
Ile laawo ki a to s'omo l'oruko.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 04, 2016
Lol.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by orisa37: 9:02am On Dec 04, 2016
Lucifer is a Match which sparks against any surface. I learned that God was always jittery when Lucifer ignited. For that reason, other Angels teamed up to throw him headlong down to earth. You want your child to bear the name, bellum gera in your domain.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by jontim: 9:04am On Dec 04, 2016
We should all know that he bore that name before he was cast out of heaven.... Isn't it If so, then it is an heavenly name and not hell's name.... Opened to subtle evidence
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by EyeHateGod: 9:05am On Dec 04, 2016
orisa37:
Lucifer is a Match which sparks against any surface. I learned that God was always jittery when Lucifer ignited. For that reason, other Angels teamed up to throw him headlong down to earth. You want your child to bear the name, bellum gera in your domain.
@bolded where did you get this your own version of the Story from.. grin
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by sirjomore(m): 9:31am On Dec 04, 2016
problem is who made d name popular
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Ghost447(m): 9:32am On Dec 04, 2016
What is the difference between Lucy and Lucifer?
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by kevoh(m): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2016
African names are beautiful. I would worry more about why Africans have not started doing away with names of Jewish, Latin, Arabic, European e.t.c origin.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by ebuka10box(m): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2016
Y r some guys so annoying here,he asked for ur opinion on dis topic,its either you tell him what lucifer means nd not insulting d op.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Lexusgs430: 9:50am On Dec 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:
People do bear the Name.... But you don't expect Nigerians to Name their children that...our mentality is one kin.. But i do love the name Lucy..

While I love Ifa. Your Lucy & My Ifa = LucyIfa

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by EyeHateGod: 9:53am On Dec 04, 2016
Lexusgs430:

While I love Ifa. Your Lucy & My Ifa = LucyIfa
What does ifa mean?
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Lexusgs430: 9:55am On Dec 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

What does ifa mean?

What does Lucy mean?
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by sonmvayina(m): 9:57am On Dec 04, 2016
Mrrado7:
Is not a bad name... It means the bringer of light

exactely....lucifer is not a personal name...it is a title..so who is the light? And who is the light bringer?...so you see, lucifer is not the devil..lucifer is a woman...jesus is the light..as stated in John 8..so who is the light bearer or bringer...no other than MARY. his mother..she is the morning star.and the Who.re of babylon..just do a research..
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by EyeHateGod: 10:01am On Dec 04, 2016
Lexusgs430:

What does Lucy mean?
Light..
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by EyeHateGod: 10:04am On Dec 04, 2016
sonmvayina:

exactely....lucifer is not a personal name...it is a title..so who is the light? And who is the light bringer?...so you see, lucifer is not the devil..lucifer is a woman...jesus is the light..as stated in John 8..so who is the light bearer or bringer...no other than MARY. his mother..she is the morning star.and the Who.re of babylon..just do a research..
Lucifer is not a Title rather it's a name... Devil is a Title and not a Name...

Yes Base on the Bible Lucifer is Also Jesus it's kind of confusing..
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by sonmvayina(m): 10:09am On Dec 04, 2016
Lucifer is not a name it is Latin for light bearer..it is a title..that is the greatest deception in human history..it was used to hide the fact that lucifer is Mary the mother of jesus..Lucifer is a "she" not a he as the devil is always described..
she is Inanna in the babylonian version, Aphrodite in Greek religion, Venus in roman, Ishtar in Egyptisn version i think she is also Olokun in yoruba and benin version..

she is the who.re of babylon..
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by AyamBlaze: 10:18am On Dec 04, 2016
Best response so far.
youngice:
Because of What it connotes
Compared to other evil names in the Bible
Lucifer is a beautiful name
It means "bringer of dawn" or "son of the morning" and yes I can name my self lucifer
But I can't name my child such, wouldn't want to traumatize him and have people calling him the devil

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by vislabraye(m): 10:26am On Dec 04, 2016
ebube93:
I have been wondering why people see Lucifer as a bad name. And why people don't bear the name Lucifer cause I have checked to see what makes the name Lucifer a bad name. Please let's talk it out....

It's the person who bears that name that matters. Abi can you answer satan ?
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Lexusgs430: 10:40am On Dec 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Light..

Ifa - Oracle

LightOracle, such a good interpretation of LucyFar.......
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2016
Hian!
I guess someone has already said wat I want to say finish already. undecided

op pls name ya next child Lucifer, buh mek sure jollof rice will be available at d naming ceremony 4 flexin tinz cool

#TeamNameYaPikinAnyName #TeamTurnUpAtYoPartyAndFinishTheJollofRice grin
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by EyeHateGod: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Ifa - Oracle

LightOracle, such a good interpretation of LucyFar.......
I think Oracle Of Light Should make sense more do you know what Oracle is?
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Realfiness(m): 10:43am On Dec 04, 2016
HQuadreal:
hmm hmm clear throat. Good morning Uncle Lucifer.
Mehn that sounds like someone have a devil as an uncle.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by HQuadreal: 10:45am On Dec 04, 2016
Realfiness:

Mehn that sounds like someone have a devil as an uncle.
Those wicked uncles right ? Na So We See Am Ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Realfiness(m): 10:51am On Dec 04, 2016
Lucifer means "Bright Light" and also called "Morning Star". the two of them were used in the Bible for them same Angel. Funny enough we call God "Bright and Morning Star'
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by refreshrate: 11:16am On Dec 04, 2016
thesicilian:
You can name your child Lucifer if you wish

I tire o as if anybody is stopping him

1 Like

Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2016
jidxin:
wow very fooolish comment here. .so u mean if u were not brain washed by xtian would u even know names like lucifer exist.... think b4 u talk no offence pls.

bk to d topic. because d name is just 1 in d bible nd it belongs to d arch enemy of God nd most names re significant nd re meant to ve a positive effect on d life of d bearer

Let me just ignore.
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
GrandMufti:

CAIN.
nebucadnezzer grin. but all this is just a name it does not determine what the persons are, and why do we think it is okay to call people names like rihana, kim, beyonce or shakira do we even know what all this names means.

i will call my son nebucadnezzer when i have him grin it's just a name!
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by berrystunn(m): 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Who wants to name their kid the devil's name? I even hardly find people name their kid Jesus.

Both have the same name....

Means "bringing light" this name originally referred to the morning star,.. .
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by berrystunn(m): 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Lucifer is not a Title rather it's a name... Devil is a Title and not a Name...

Yes Base on the Bible Lucifer is Also Jesus it's kind of confusing..

same thing

Means "bringing light", this name originally referred to the morning star,
Re: Why Do People See Lucifer As A Bad Name by DeBlessedOne(m): 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
jidxin:
wow very fooolish comment here. .so u mean if u were not brain washed by xtian would u even know names like lucifer exist.... think b4 u talk no offence pls.

bk to d topic. because d name is just 1 in d bible nd it belongs to d arch enemy of God nd most names re significant nd re meant to ve a positive effect on d life of d bearer

Excuse me, Don't even go there! That is why we are still like this. Now go around and ask those bearing Success how successfull they are. See George "Bush". A man bearing Bush o, became a president. If it we're to be in niger, u name ur child Bush, you people will say the name will follow the child and drag him into the bush. Maybe it is only in Nigeria that names follow people. And that's our excuse for failure.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Comparison Between The Bible And Quran With Proof. / Thank God! Finally I Don Port! From Atheism To Jesus! Update* Conversion Story. / Pastor Enoch Adeboye Celebrates His 79th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.