Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy (18301 Views)

FG Dumps Cattle Colonies, Asks States To Tackle Herdsmen Themselves- Daily Trust / EFCC Submits Indicting Call Logs Between Ricky Tarfa And Judges / Nse Ekpenyong Arraigned For Certificate ‘Forgery’ (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by sarrki(m): 6:17am On Dec 04, 2016
There were indications on Saturday that the Federal Government is  no longer interested in pursuing the case of forgery of the Senate Standing Orders, 2015, allegedly masterminded by Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and his deputy, Ike Ekweremadu.

Investigations by SUNDAY PUNCH revealed that the Federal Government might have closed the case despite a fresh report of further investigation unearthing new facts about the forgery allegations.

SUNDAY PUNCH had exclusively reported that the police submitted a fresh report of investigation to the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice through the National Prosecution Coordination Committee.

In the fresh report, the police indicted Saraki and Ekweremadu.

The Federal Government had, on October 7, 2016, withdrawn the charges of criminal conspiracy before a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Jabi, Abuja.

Our correspondent gathered on Saturday that the AGF office received fresh police investigation some days after the charges were withdrawn.

Secretary of the NPCC and a Special Adviser to the AGF, Sylvester Imhanobe, confirmed to our correspondent that the AGF office received the report but that it would not change the earlier decision to withdraw the charges.

But a  source in the Federal Ministry of Justice told our correspondent that the Federal Government also, partly resolved to stop pursuing the case in order to “bolster the rapport” with the Senate, which President Muhammadu Buhari “desperately needs to push through a number of its policies”.

Saraki and Ekweremadu were earlier charged alongside a former Clerk to the National Assembly, Salisu Maikasuwa, and a former deputy clerk, Mr. Ben Efeturi,for allegedly forging the Senate Standing Orders, which were used for the inauguration of the Eight Senate.

All of them pleaded not guilty to the charges and were granted bail .

A  police operative told SUNDAY PUNCH on Saturday, that the SIP had addressed the loopholes the AGF identified in the former report.

He said, “The police have concluded investigations into the case and submitted the report to the NPCC. This was done about a month ago.”

Giving an insight into the report, a source at the Force Headquarters said, “Conspiracy is a very wide offence and Maikasuwa couldn’t have done what he did without the connivance of Saraki and Ekweremadu.”

When asked if the panel made any recommendation for the prosecution of the beneficiaries of the forgery, he stated, “There is no need to make any recommendation to prosecute them because the investigation did not exonerate them.”

Another source, who was familiar with the police probe, stated that the SIP was able to gather necessary evidences on how the alleged forgery was carried out.

The source said it was up to the AGF and the NPCC to decide whether to re-arraign Saraki, Ekweremadu and others.

It was gathered that the detectives were able to verify the extent of amendment to the Senate Standing Orders 2011, the individuals who authorised it, and the official who ordered the printing of the Senate Standing Orders, 2015.

Our correspondents gathered that the SIP had to bypass the Clerk, National Assembly, Mohammed Sani-Omolori, to get the necessary evidence and documents relating to the case.

http://punchng.com/forgery-fg-dumps-fresh-police-probe-indicting-saraki-deputy/

1 Share

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:18am On Dec 04, 2016
GOD bless SARAKI..... He fought for the masses and now they want to persecute him....

A MAN WHO TRULY LOVES THE MASSES

modath omenka progressive01 midolian grin

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by dec0four: 6:30am On Dec 04, 2016
Confused Administration... Abeg make una show mi luv...2day na my bday...

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by tigerclaws: 6:32am On Dec 04, 2016
grin

lol it's all about tinubu before now
Tinubu is of no use so why wasting their time cheesy

cc
ngeneukwenu omenka tonyebarcanista donphilopus modath

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by sarrki(m): 6:33am On Dec 04, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
GOD bless SARAKI..... He fought for the masses and now they want to persecute him....

A MAN WHO TRULY LOVES THE MASSES

modath omenka progressive01 midolian grin

Do I get you ? You said Saraki fought for the masses

"Conscience is an open wound only the truth can heal it" uthman Danfodio.

We need to all check our conscience if you can

categorically say that Saraki is with the masses

Then I don't see Nigeria getting out if this mess soon

15 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by Atiku2019: 6:36am On Dec 04, 2016
Saraki our man cool The New PDP Cartel schooling both ACN and CPC Cartel on Politics wow grin grin

I Stand With Tinubu smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

#Atiku2019

9 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by kcnwaigbo: 6:36am On Dec 04, 2016
sarrki:

Can you imagine your hypocrisy!!! You were the same person defending Buhari in the other thread for forging a Waec certificate and now you are forming holy and sanctimonious

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by kcnwaigbo: 6:38am On Dec 04, 2016
tigerclaws:
grin

lol it's all about tinubu before now
Tinubu is of no use so why wasting their time cheesy

cc
ngeneukwenu omenka tonyebarcanista donphilopus modath
Tinubu has been used and dumped just like everyone predicted. I wonder how on earth, he thought he could play godfather to Buhari

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:39am On Dec 04, 2016
sarrki:

When the daura cow.wanted to mortgage our future with his $30b loan it waa the senate headed by SARAKI that saved me and u...
When that same cow wanted to increase the prices of data plan it was that same SARAKI that saved us.....

beef aside SARAKI has protected our interest and we have to give him credit

IN ATIKU WE TRUST

ATIKU2019

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by sarrki(m): 6:40am On Dec 04, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Can you imagine your hypocrisy!!! You were the same person defending Buhari in the other thread for forging a Waec certificate and now you are forming holy and sanctimonious

He said Saraki is fighting for the masses

Do you agree with him?

4 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by sarrki(m): 6:42am On Dec 04, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

When the daura cow.wanted to mortgage our future with his $30b loan it waa the senate headed by SARAKI that saved me and u...
When that same cow wanted to increase the prices of data plan it was that same SARAKI that saved us.....

beef aside SARAKI has protected our interest and we have to give him credit

IN ATIKU WE TRUST

ATIKU2019

Lol the said 30billiib loan is sitter in the house

Will be cleared before they go on break

Trust any politician at your own peril

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by Abbycite(m): 6:42am On Dec 04, 2016
Ofcourse, the case at best was a distraction. Nothing tangible would av come out of it.......now that alliance and compromise is needed to stay relevant, PMB team has no option than to make friends with Saraki team.

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by Khd95(m): 6:42am On Dec 04, 2016
Dat eye wey saraki giv buhari dat day during prayers with that morocan king,u think say na ordinary eyegrin

kaaai,naija na one kyn comedy factory

8 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:43am On Dec 04, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Those @APC e-thugs are something else undecided

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:44am On Dec 04, 2016
sarrki:

Lol the said 30billiib loan is sitter in the house

Will be cleared before they go on break

Trust any politician at your own peril
until.then bro cool
Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by Monimatic(m): 6:47am On Dec 04, 2016
grin grin grin

Tinubu see ur life

u have been played.

Buhari has finally used, deceived and dumped Tinubu and his Afonja Zombies supporters---Quote me anywhere

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by Izonpikin: 6:48am On Dec 04, 2016
grin grin

Tinubu dumped = saraki no more trouble..

And to know fools ever thought the FG was serious fighting corruption..

Many nigerians are fools..big ones.. grin cheesy

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by tigerclaws: 6:55am On Dec 04, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Tinubu has been used and dumped just like everyone predicted. I wonder how on earth, he thought he could play godfather to Buhari
lol

10 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by tigerclaws: 6:58am On Dec 04, 2016
ngeneukwenu viewing

such a bad Sunday for my man ngeneukwenu grin

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by freeze001(f): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2016
I have always stated clearly that the forgery drama against the Senate leadership will come to naught simply because it holds no water and political interests override any spurious claims of integrity.

The same fate awaits that poorly played script of a trial at the CCT, it will get thrown out like the trash it is. Fighting corruption indeed! Zombies need divine intervention to cure their stupidity.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by kcnwaigbo: 7:10am On Dec 04, 2016
sarrki:

He said Saraki is fighting for the masses

Do you agree with him?
Yes of course!! He fought for us and prevented your illiterate president from increasing data tariffs

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by sarrki(m): 7:12am On Dec 04, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Yes of course!! He fought for us and prevented your illiterate president from increasing data tariffs

I rest my case

If truly Saraki is now your freedom fighter

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by gfullmoon(m): 7:16am On Dec 04, 2016
Saraki has consolidated his grip to the Senate Presidency. The easiest way to oust Senate President is through impeachment induced with carrot and stick, not Court or CCT except you want him to finish his tenure before conviction. Obj remains master of the game.

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by Paperwhite(m): 7:22am On Dec 04, 2016
I only pity APC fanatic zombies that almost killed themselves over this issue in the time pass especially NgeneUkwenu.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2016
sarrki:

No we won't get out of it anytime soon. No matter how evil our leaders are, they will always enjoy huge support and followership.
Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by id911(m): 7:25am On Dec 04, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Bruv! This Buhari's supporters are enemies of the masses. There are so many bad policies of this administration which needed senate approval which Saraki and co have thrown out in defense of the masses and yet these people still continue hailing a nonentity like Buhari and hate Saraki and senate. It's appalling! Not a Saraki fan tho

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by frankyychiji(f): 7:30am On Dec 04, 2016
sarrki:

Nigeria cannot get out of this mess until Buhari is sent back to Daura don't you just get it?

24 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by sarrki(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2016
frankyychiji:
Nigeria cannot get out of this mess until Buhari is sent back to Daura don't you just get it?

Wait till 2019 brother

Nothing you can do now

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 04, 2016
And someone will come and tell me we are fighting kwarraption....

19 Likes

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by HtwoOw: 8:17am On Dec 04, 2016
They'll find another charge

1 Like

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by malton: 8:20am On Dec 04, 2016
For me, this wasn't unexpected.

It heralds the arrival of a major strategic shift in alliance.

The president is trying to forge an understanding with the Saraki camp, all in a bid to preserve a parley - something which if you asked me, is a mistake of grave proportions.

This new found romance with Saraki is a reflection of the president's incompetence. It is impossible to know the extent of damage it'll cause yet, but it promises to be a costly one.

What more can we do than sit and watch as the drama unfolds.

For Tinubu, he should just consider Buhari a bad debt written off. The man is up to no good, judging by current trends.

Obviously this helps he and his team size up Mr. President. At least, now they can get a read on how he is going to behave.

Cut it loose, I'd say.

To be worth your grain as a man, you ought to see every action started to finish. Chickening out in the middle of it tells of a nitwit.

He's fast breaking with all the principles he has worked so hard to establish over a dream that may never come through.

Nothing is more indicating of a red flag than betraying the one who has given up so much for you for someone who has done nothing but try to put you down.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy by TheEastActivist: 8:51am On Dec 04, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Blame it on high dependencies on cheap Oshogbo weed...

The case was all about tinubu but now that tinubu is useless to the scheme of things, It will only get worse if fg continue with the persecution which the NC and the SS and SE is against...

This is plain suicidal BC of someone's gratification that have been demystified and thus the closing of the useless case.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu's Camp Unhappy Over Caretaker Tenure Extension, Says We Are Strategising / Political Rascals: Afenifere Knocks Iwuanyanwu, Seeks Clarity From Ohanaeze / Crisis Hits Plateau Assembly As Speaker Vows Not To Recognise 16 APC Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.