Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site (1125 Views)

Help With Moving Wordpress Site To Another Domain / Please Help Me Solve This Error Message On My Wordpress Site / I Need A Blockchain System For My Wordpress Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by tgmservice: 7:43am On Dec 04, 2016
So i just built this cool wordpress site for a client. And installed some all necessary stuffs.
I installed this secuirity plugin that lets me know by mail if someone is trying to login into my site.
The thing is that there is the particular ip address from ukriane that has always been trying the acess my wp-admin.
I have installed a plugin that enables change the www.mysite.com/wp-admin url but i still keep geting those notifications, though he keeps failing the login attempt.
I think its a matter of time before he succeds cause he his too persistent i need your help on how to stop this please
Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by daamazing(m): 8:06am On Dec 04, 2016
tgmservice:
So i just built this cool wordpress site for a client. And installed some all necessary stuffs.
I installed this secuirity plugin that lets me know by mail if someone is trying to login into my site.
The thing is that there is the particular ip address from ukriane that has always been trying the acess my wp-admin.
I have installed a plugin that enables change the www.mysite.com/wp-admin url but i still keep geting those notifications, though he keeps failing the login attempt.
I think its a matter of time before he succeds cause he his too persistent i need your help on how to stop this please
he's most likely using brute force, use google and move this to webmasters page and not programming
Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by Weezyval(m): 9:57am On Dec 04, 2016
tgmservice:

he is most likely trying to brute force, Google for a plugin that blocks an IP after a certain number of fail attempt. let's say 15 . just Google for a plugin to prevent brute force
Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 06, 2016
tgmservice:

He's not really a serious hacker bro. He's more like a kiddie probably sitting at one corner of his mom's bed trying out your site with an online tutorial he watched on bruteforce.

If you love to catch some fun. Lol wait a bit and see what's he's gonna be up to after that. Really seriously. Lol

If you don't have time for that get a plugin and block his IP.

(1) (Reply)

Software Developer / Can This Garden Robot That Watches And Water Your Plants Be Used In Nigeria?. / I Want To Learn Web Development, Which Softwares Should I Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.