Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

How Do I Cope? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do I Cope? (709 Views)

How Do Nigerians Overseas Cope With Racial Comments? / How Do Governors Like Ambode Cope With Governors Like Yahaya Bello At Meetings? / Resign If You Can’t Cope, Senate Tells Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 04, 2016
By October 2016, I was done with my nysc, while in service I met friends who advised me to go into internet scam so as to cope with life after service,but I'm a human being who believes in karma,i chose not to do that. After service,i held talks with my parents on the next step to take in life;my dad opted for me to continue with school,but I felt all these paper qualifications and yet one might not get to the level of Dangote! I've always wanted to be a business man, My fiancee just gave that wish a life by advising me to learn a business,so I told my dad i'd like to learn a business,then after learning i'd like him to invest on the business rather than investing on school bills. Presently, i'm learning a trade somewhere in lagos among the igbos.

The essence of this write up
It's been 1month and 2 weeks since I started learning. The truth is, I don't know if to say I'm hating everything that connects to the business. The traders,i mean the guys I get to see from Monday to Friday are uninspiring,basically illiterates,whenever I get to go to the shop,i just pray for my wristwatch to read 5pm so I can get back home. My boss,even if he understands his business, is basically an illiterate,i guess a pry6 holder or a secondary school graduate,he tries to dominate,and at times when he talks you just know this guy is an illiterate,but you can't challenge him. Recently, a cold war has ensued between us,cos I'm someone who is not easily controlled. He acts like I'm in some competition with him, he says things like this business I'm learning is harder than school, he tries to paint this picture of an education not being important and lesser,but, money greater. Even when he say all these, I don't reply,i basically don't talk to him or the traders around on a friendly basis,I just try to be professional in my dealings with them. I try to observe and pay attention whenever he's transacting a business, and I must say there is nothing hard about the business. Getting to stay with these guys make me sick,whenever I get to remember that I need to resume the shop the next day,i just go depressed.
I planned learning from him for just a year,it's clear I'm not happy with what I'm doing. But a 9 to 5 is something I wouldn't want. It's not as if I hate the business,infact i'd be happy the day I get start the business on my own,but this learning period, getting to learn from someone who hates what he can't conquer is depressing enough. Nairalanders,i typed this from the innermost chambers of my heart,just advice me in a constructive manner, I still want to be a businessman though,but it's clear I'm not happy with the environment,how do I cope?
Cc
Seun,i'd lyk your input too,knowing you're a businessman

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Tonyebarcanista
Harddon
Conquerewest
Bennyann
Blueagent
Re: How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2016
I'd be happy if nairalanders provide me constructive contributions,you never how far your advise could take a soul
Re: How Do I Cope? by HARDDON: 11:08am On Dec 04, 2016
Hi,

There r a few Questions you need to ask yourself having assertain the fact that you wud luv going into biz!

1) what sorts of biz gives me great joy?
Unlike what biznes men wud advise, bizness is not about making profits! That is textbook , stale n generally accepted definition which doesnt hold water in real life:

To me n other shrewd b guys out there, biznes is about providing quality solutions ( tru services or products) to d challenges of men in a field that gives u pleasure n in d process, making money off n gaining cheap adverts thru d best form of advert( word of mouth) .

With this kinda biz, u can work round d clock but it wud feel like u r playing ur favourite game on a PS console

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2016
I am wordless
Re: How Do I Cope? by propconsultants: 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
my broda that is the sacrifise u need to make and this is just the begening.......mind u u are learning so u r boss can say or do anything to u just bear it, is like when ur primary school teacher is scoding u.... remember u are learning by the time u finish as an aprentise u still countinue learning from ur customers. pls dont mind my write up
Re: How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
The thing is, I love rap. I'd lyk to be a rapper,but then I'm a realist. How do I get money to pay for studio sessions,the kinda family I come from,my dad wouldn't support my rapping career with funds,he would see me as a big joke, someone who is not a serious person.
As the saying goes,the best way to predict the future is by making it happen. That's the reason I decided to learn this business,so that in future i'd be in a very strong position to make happen whatever dream I nurse(d).
HARDDON:
Hi,

There r a few Questions you need to ask yourself having assertain the fact that you wud luv going into biz!

1) what sorts of biz gives me great joy?
Unlike what biznes men wud advise, bizness is not about making profits! That is textbook , stale n generally accepted definition which doesnt hold water in real life:

To me n other shrewd b guys out there, biznes is about providing quality solutions ( tru services or products) to d challenges of men in a field that gives u pleasure n in d process, making money off n gaining cheap adverts thru d best form of advert( word of mouth) .

With this kinda biz, u can work round d clock but it wud feel like u r playing ur favourite game on a PS console

Re: How Do I Cope? by bennyann: 9:11pm On Dec 04, 2016

I planned learning from him for just a year,it's clear I'm not happy with what I'm doing. But a 9 to 5 is something I wouldn't want. It's not as if I hate the business,infact i'd be happy the day I get start the business on my own,but this learning period, getting to learn from someone who hates what he can't conquer is depressing enough.

Hi dear,

First of all, it's advisable you learn to relate with people from all levels, whether they're higher, lower than you or just the same level with you. You have to learn to accommodate them because that's when life would be easier for you.

You have to do this by putting yourself in their shoes first. What I'm trying to say is they wish they had the opportunity you had. They envy it. Infact it's like an honour for you to be a student under them. So understand them, if possible come down to their level not forgetting you have a dream to accomplish there.

You're after something they have. So you have to be like them so you can easily be favored as long as it doesn't affect you negatively. See them as your equal, let them see you love and appreciate them, let them see some level of humility in you. This is so they can see and be convinced that you like to be around them.

I really admire your courage to learn a trade or business especially at the expense of a higher degree. It shows you're optimistic and determined to accomplish an aspect of your life. By the time you learn this skill and build upon it, you may eventually become somewhat fulfilled not just easily but faster.

But the question is, why that particular business? I know you said you do not hate it but you didn't say you love it either. So please, why the choice of that business?

And must it be a year's training? Can't it be less? Why one year? Especially, since you said it isn't a hard business.

Please when you answer these questions, we would see how to get to the next level.

Though it isn't advisable to run away from challenges. Many people can't do without their comfort zone. If it's that hard for you can't you change your trainer?

There's one thing I've learnt about life.

AND that's if it's my destiny to choose myself, there will be several choices available for me to choose from but if it isn't, there will only be one way in front of me and which it is a must for me to go by that way. That's my own personal experience of life's journey.

So please do well to answer the questions

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope? by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2016
illuminated93:
By October 2016, I was done with my nysc, while in service I met friends who advised me to go into internet scam so as to cope with life after service,but I'm a human being who believes in karma,i chose not to do that. After service,i held talks with my parents on the next step to take in life;my dad opted for me to continue with school,but I felt all these paper qualifications and yet one might not get to the level of Dangote! I've always wanted to be a business man, My fiancee just gave that wish a life by advising me to learn a business,so I told my dad i'd like to learn a business,then after learning i'd like him to invest on the business rather than investing on school bills. Presently, i'm learning a trade somewhere in lagos among the igbos.

The essence of this write up
It's been 1month and 2 weeks since I started learning. The truth is, I don't know if to say I'm hating everything that connects to the business. The traders,i mean the guys I get to see from Monday to Friday are uninspiring,basically illiterates,whenever I get to go to the shop,i just pray for my wristwatch to read 5pm so I can get back home. My boss,even if he understands his business, is basically an illiterate,i guess a pry6 holder or a secondary school graduate,he tries to dominate,and at times when he talks you just know this guy is an illiterate,but you can't challenge him. Recently, a cold war has ensued between us,cos I'm someone who is not easily controlled. He acts like I'm in some competition with him, he says things like this business I'm learning is harder than school, he tries to paint this picture of an education not being important and lesser,but, money greater. Even when he say all these, I don't reply,i basically don't talk to him or the traders around on a friendly basis,I just try to be professional in my dealings with them. I try to observe and pay attention whenever he's transacting a business, and I must say there is nothing hard about the business. Getting to stay with these guys make me sick,whenever I get to remember that I need to resume the shop the next day,i just go depressed.
I planned learning from him for just a year,it's clear I'm not happy with what I'm doing. But a 9 to 5 is something I wouldn't want. It's not as if I hate the business,infact i'd be happy the day I get start the business on my own,but this learning period, getting to learn from someone who hates what he can't conquer is depressing enough. Nairalanders,i typed this from the innermost chambers of my heart,just advice me in a constructive manner, I still want to be a businessman though,but it's clear I'm not happy with the environment,how do I cope?
Cc
Seun,i'd lyk your input too,knowing you're a businessman

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Tonyebarcanista
Harddon
Conquerewest
Bennyann
Blueagent

Bro, what you're facing is normal, very normal. One thing you should note is; whenever you're with people like that, they feel intimidated by the mere fact that you're educated and would do anything to lord over you....but that's no problem.

My happiness is that you're passionate about the business you set out to learn. There's never a sweet learning curve, even in school, lecturers treated us like glorified animals.
You've just got to be focused on learning the business very well. Let the learning process be your motivation, your driving force, allow your passion to learn be paramount to you. Try as much as you can to relate with them, come down a bit to their level, that's the surest way of learning business secrets...very vital! Your staying away and being all professional isn't helping, that makes them feel you're feeling like you're better than they are, just because you're educated. Trust me, I reside in Onitsha which is predominantly populated by these type of people. Some times you've got to play the fool to fool the fool. Learn how to get along with them, learn their mindset, because you will deal with a lot of them when you eventually start of your business.

Lastly, and most importantly, stay focused on your objective for being in such an environment and these things won't deter you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope? by bennyann: 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Bro, what you're facing is normal, very normal. One thing you should note is; whenever you're with people like that, they feel intimidated by the mere fact that you're educated and would do anything to lord over you....but that's no problem.

My happiness is that you're passionate about the business you set out to learn. There's never a sweet learning curve, even in school, lecturers treated us like glorified animals.
You've just got to be focused on learning the business very well. Let the learning process be your motivation, your driving force, allow your passion to learn be paramount to you. Try as much as you can to relate with them, come down a bit to their level, that's the surest way of learning business secrets...very vital! Your staying away and being all professional isn't helping, that makes them feel you're feeling like you're better than they are, just because you're educated. Trust me, I reside in Onitsha which is predominantly populated by these type of people. Some times you've got to play the fool to fool the fool. Learn how to get along with them, learn their mindset, because you will deal with a lot of them when you eventually start of your business.

Lastly, and most importantly, stay focused on your objective for being in such an environment and these things won't deter you.

illuminated93, he just voiced out or wrote down my mind.
Re: How Do I Cope? by mightyhazell: 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
smiley
Re: How Do I Cope? by pchukwudi: 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
1. The first step to knowledge is the addmission of ignorance.

2. The first thing to learn, before learning anything else, is attitude.

3 The illiterates of this era are not those who cannot read or write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.

illuminated93:
I'd be happy if nairalanders provide me constructive contributions,you never how far your advise could take a soul
Re: How Do I Cope? by mightyhazell: 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2016
Guy,u seem like a proud pasn!

Dazz dis saying in igbo language dat,..'If a kid/calf kneels down,he can suckle his mother properly,..

Loyalty is v important in biz. U sound like some1 who attempts 2 intimidate with his qualifications in sch,..remember ...'Never outshine thy master' - 48 laws of power!

U and I knw dat education is fast losing value in nigeria,quite regrettably!so ur man may not be so far 4m d truth wen he said biz is tougher,.. Cos there are no short cuts. Ppl buy grades n certs in schools. If u get sb whoz willing 2 train u in a profitable biz,all u need do is endure woteva discomfort u may be xperiencin and get ur prerequisites,..with ur education I hav no doubts u 'l be able 2 add greater heights and derefore excel wen u decide 2 start.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
I'm humbled by the amount of time you spent addressing my issue judging from your writings.
I try as much as I can to relate with the guys I see, mostly the guys under their masters. But the thing is, most of the issues these guys talk about are mostly mundane things,so on that level, I'm basically not involved in their discussions. Moreover, we both know how most rich igbo business men with little or no formal education behave when they know they have money than you do, so to the bosses I just greet them, nothing more.

On why I chose this particular business? There is no reason whatsoever other than making money. My reasons are in a way similar to Dangote's reasons for delving into business. In my opinion,i think Dangote's reason for delving into business is simply to make money. Dangote is not an innovator,unlike Bill Gate who we could all say loves things connected with computers and he got to make money doing what he loves best,i.e creating/innovating computer softwares.
bennyann:

Hi dear,

First of all, it's advisable you learn to relate with people from all levels, whether they're higher, lower than you or just the same level with you. You have to learn to accommodate them because that's when life would be easier for you.

You have to do this by putting yourself in their shoes first. What I'm trying to say is they wish they had the opportunity you had. They envy it. Infact it's like an honour for you to be a student under them. So understand them, if possible come down to their level not forgetting you have a dream to accomplish there.

You're after something they have. So you have to be like them so you can easily be favored as long as it doesn't affect you negatively. See them as your equal, let them see you love and appreciate them, let them see some level of humility in you. This is so they can see and be convinced that you like to be around them.

I really admire your courage to learn a trade or business especially at the expense of a higher degree. It shows you're optimistic and determined to accomplish an aspect of your life. By the time you learn this skill and build upon it, you may eventually become somewhat fulfilled not just easily but faster.

But the question is, why that particular business? I know you said you do not hate it but you didn't say you love it either. So please, why the choice of that business?

And must it be a year's training? Can't it be less? Why one year? Especially, since you said it isn't a hard business.

Please when you answer these questions, we would see how to get to the next level.

Though it isn't advisable to run away from challenges. Many people can't do without their comfort zone. If it's that hard for you can't you change your trainer?

There's one thing I've learnt about life.

AND that's if it's my destiny to choose myself, there will be several choices available for me to choose from but if it isn't, there will only be one way in front of me and which it is a must for me to go by that way. That's my own personal experience of life's journey.

So please do well to answer the questions
Re: How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
Thanks for your write up.
Yes I'm a proud human,but I'm not disrespectful,and I don't intimidate with my degree,its not as if I already have my masters,so why should I intimidate with my certificate. I just don't like it when people think they should be right all the time and shouldn't be questioned,i tend to dislike such persons and as a result,tend to avoid them as much as I can.
mightyhazell:
Guy,u seem like a proud pasn!

Dazz dis saying in igbo language dat,..'If a kid/calf kneels down,he can suckle his mother properly,..

Loyalty is v important in biz. U sound like some1 who attempts 2 intimidate with his qualifications in sch,..remember ...'Never outshine thy master' - 48 laws of power!

U and I knw dat education is fast losing value in nigeria,quite regrettably!so ur man may not be so far 4m d truth wen he said biz is tougher,.. Cos there are no short cuts. Ppl buy grades n certs in schools. If u get sb whoz willing 2 train u in a profitable biz,all u need do is endure woteva discomfort u may be xperiencin and get ur prerequisites,..with ur education I hav no doubts u 'l be able 2 add greater heights and derefore excel wen u decide 2 start.
Re: How Do I Cope? by bennyann: 9:17am On Dec 05, 2016
illuminated93:
I'm humbled by the amount of time you spent addressing my issue judging from your writings.
I try as much as I can to relate with the guys I see, mostly the guys under their masters. But the thing is, most of the issues these guys talk about are mostly mundane things,so on that level, I'm basically not involved in their discussions. Moreover, we both know how most rich igbo business men with little or no formal education behave when they know they have money than you do, so to the bosses I just greet them, nothing more.

On why I chose this particular business? There is no reason whatsoever other than making money. My reasons are in a way similar to Dangote's reasons for delving into business. In my opinion,i think Dangote's reason for delving into business is simply to make money. Dangote is not an innovator,unlike Bill Gate who we could all say loves things connected with computers and he got to make money doing what he loves best,i.e creating/innovating computer softwares.

I'm glad you said you try relating with them as much as you can. Besides I'm sure they won't always talk about mundane stuff - I hope at such a time you don't make it obvious in an annoying way that you're more of a saint than they are?

In issues like that you don't make it obvious you're better than them. There's nothing wrong with contributing and letting them know your views and your stand on such issues. You can smile while letting them know your stand as long as they're not taking advantage of you.

You have to mingle so you can influence some but make sure you don't get influenced negatively.

Everyone who has commented so far advised you to be focused on your goals. You have an objective so do everything possible to achieve it and do not let other factors ( whether they interest you or not) stop your dreams.

What you don't like or what you despise or things that make you uncomfortable mostly come once you've set your mind to achieve something. Some you may ignore them or do without them, some when you ignore them, they may work against you. So you should know which ones you'll participate in or try challenging so as to achieve your aim.

This time you're dealing with humans. You should set your mind in working with them in a way you'll never be at lost. Your boss is extremely important in this case before the others. Do all it takes to let your boss see he can count on you, let him see your humility and let him see he can trust you. Because I'm sure if you eventually start the same business you may really need him then. Because every business man has a secret to success most of their employees aren't aware of. So please be wise.

Your target should not only be to learn the skill, but to also study the environment, that is the people around that make the business thrive. If you're going to be a boss someday, you have to learn how socialization processes help to keep the business growing. That will be a plus to you. So please come down to their level and learn everything there is to that trade.

You've still not told me why the training is 1 year.,since you said it isn't a hard thing for you. Why isn't it less than a year?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope? by AceRoyal: 10:45am On Dec 05, 2016
Bro, school teaches you what you ought to know but life teaches you what you need to know.
One of the greatest lessons you will learn in life if u wanna be great is humility.
The sad truth is that you feel depressed because you still got pride in you.
I'm a graduate as well but my line of business keeps me in constant contact with illiterates and semi litrates.
"When in Rome,act like a Roman".
Bury your pride,learn the trade.when you are through,you been well educated will give you and edge and if you know what you are doing,you will dominate the market.
You are learning to be street smart.It ain't gonna be easy,but trust me it's gonna be worth it.
Cheers.
Re: How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 06, 2016
Even if I don't know you,in my heart of hearts I can tell you're a kind man. let me spill the whole truth.
The biz revolves around spare parts,but in this case,automobile accessories like;headlamp,pointers(basically lighthning parts for trailers),then we deviated a little,we sell horn,kick starter accessories,fuel pumps.
The location is trade fair,lagos. Most of our customers are people from west africa,they come, they buy.
The reason my dad gave for wanting me to stay a year or 2 is to enable his customers to know me very well, so that when I start off,some of them will buy from me.
In this business,there are people we call agents,these agents are citizens of other west African nations,but they reside in nigeria,these agents know the terrain of the market,tradefair. Even b4 customers come they inform the agents of their coming, so when they come ,the agents take them around to purchase goods.
How the agents make money
If an agent brings a customer to your shop, you need to give him a percentage of the total amount the customer paid. So for a Malian customer b4 coming,he calls a Malian agent who resides in nigeria of his decision to come and buy goods.
why my dad wants me to stay a year
He says he wants me to be familiar with these agents,he even wants me 2 stay 2 yrs with my boss,cos he believes such amount of time would help me master the biz and know all the agents. But in my opinion,i think he wants me to learn longer so it would afford him the opportunity to raise capital in a way that won't hurt him,like he would have an adequate time to save up,since he would be the one setting me up. In my opinion,i think 6months is enough time b4 starting off. As a strategy,when I kick off,i just need to increase the percentage level I give to these agents,that's how I plan doing mine.
About my boss teaching me his business secrets
In my opinion,in this business,i don't think the secrets to the business is all rocket science,i think the business secret is something you learn when you listen more than you talk. Let me drop some here:
When goods are cheap you buy,you keep in your wharehouse,when they get high you sell;hoarding.
You buy from importers, you should know what to buy,i.e you buy what you can sell in time.
However,the business secrets revolves around whatever it is that makes you profit and gives you an edge. From my observations, the business secrets is gotten by listening,observing, applying common sense and most importantly putting God first, I do this in prayers,i tell God to establish his will for me.

bennyann:

I'm glad you said you try relating with them as much as you can. Besides I'm sure they won't always talk about mundane stuff - I hope at such a time you don't make it obvious in an annoying way that you're more of a saint than they are?

In issues like that you don't make it obvious you're better than them. There's nothing wrong with contributing and letting them know your views and your stand on such issues. You can smile while letting them know your stand as long as they're not taking advantage of you.

You have to mingle so you can influence some but make sure you don't get influenced negatively.

Everyone who has commented so far advised you to be focused on your goals. You have an objective so do everything possible to achieve it and do not let other factors ( whether they interest you or not) stop your dreams.

What you don't like or what you despise or things that make you uncomfortable mostly come once you've set your mind to achieve something. Some you may ignore them or do without them, some when you ignore them, they may work against you. So you should know which ones you'll participate in or try challenging so as to achieve your aim.

This time you're dealing with humans. You should set your mind in working with them in a way you'll never be at lost. Your boss is extremely important in this case before the others. Do all it takes to let your boss see he can count on you, let him see your humility and let him see he can trust you. Because I'm sure if you eventually start the same business you may really need him then. Because every business man has a secret to success most of their employees aren't aware of. So please be wise.

Your target should not only be to learn the skill, but to also study the environment, that is the people around that make the business thrive. If you're going to be a boss someday, you have to learn how socialization processes help to keep the business growing. That will be a plus to you. So please come down to their level and learn everything there is to that trade.

You've still not told me why the training is 1 year.,since you said it isn't a hard thing for you. Why isn't it less than a year?
Re: How Do I Cope? by bennyann: 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
illuminated93:
Even if I don't know you,in my heart of hearts I can tell you're a kind man. let me spill the whole truth.
The biz revolves around spare parts,but in this case,automobile accessories like;headlamp,pointers(basically lighthning parts for trailers),then we deviated a little,we sell horn,kick starter accessories,fuel pumps.
The location is trade fair,lagos. Most of our customers are people from west africa,they come, they buy.
The reason my dad gave for wanting me to stay a year or 2 is to enable his customers to know me very well, so that when I start off,some of them will buy from me.
In this business,there are people we call agents,these agents are citizens of other west African nations,but they reside in nigeria,these agents know the terrain of the market,tradefair. Even b4 customers come they inform the agents of their coming, so when they come ,the agents take them around to purchase goods.
How the agents make money
If an agent brings a customer to your shop, you need to give him a percentage of the total amount the customer paid. So for a Malian customer b4 coming,he calls a Malian agent who resides in nigeria of his decision to come and buy goods.
why my dad wants me to stay a year
He says he wants me to be familiar with these agents,he even wants me 2 stay 2 yrs with my boss,cos he believes such amount of time would help me master the biz and know all the agents. But in my opinion,i think he wants me to learn longer so it would afford him the opportunity to raise capital in a way that won't hurt him,like he would have an adequate time to save up,since he would be the one setting me up. In my opinion,i think 6months is enough time b4 starting off. As a strategy,when I kick off,i just need to increase the percentage level I give to these agents,that's how I plan doing mine.
About my boss teaching me his business secrets
In my opinion,in this business,i don't think the secrets to the business is all rocket science, i think the business secret is something you learn when you listen more than you talk. Let me drop some here:
When goods are cheap you buy,you keep in your wharehouse,when they get high you sell;hoarding.
You buy from importers, you should know what to buy,i.e you buy what you can sell in time.
However,the business secrets revolves around whatever it is that makes you profit and gives you an edge. [/b] From my observations, the business secrets is gotten by listening,observing, applying common sense and most importantly putting God first [/b], I do this in prayers,i tell God to establish his will for me.

Now I understand. Even if you believe your dad wants you to stay longer so he can raise capital, he is also right in wanting you to stay that long so you can get to know the customers, especially the agents..

You know what to do already after studying the environment which you mentioned listening and observing.

Personally, I see this as marketing so I think you need to talk more also cheesy you have to learn how they talk to attract agents and customers. You have to learn how to be friendly, accommodating, patient, humble so as to draw these important people to yourself.

In your listening and observations please do not make unnecessary enemies for yourself. Especially amongst those you work with who you may think they aren't important now. We can't tell tomorrow you know.

Well-done dear. The business isn't a small one. I wish you the best and I hope to see and hear of you becoming your own boss soon. Because your spirit can't wait to grab it. wink

See you at the top!

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Don’t Accept Gifts – Aisha Buhari Tells Nigerians / Tinubu And Oyegun: How It All Started. / Zahra Buhari Changes Her Name On Social Media, Celebrates One Month In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.