Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan (38502 Views)

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Do you reside in their minds to assert otherwise?
You like playing with words don't you?
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by EyeHateGod: 10:54am On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:
@Naijadeyhia

You didn't do justice to the question I posed in the slightest. Your response was far below the belt, far far below what I was expecting.

Common you mean after the Google search and online research shocked you should have given him a little credit na...

6 Likes

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Common you mean after the Google search and online research shocked you should have given him a little credit na...
Hahah. Now that you draw my attention to it, I guess that's a pretty mean thing to do.

I'd give him a little pat on the small of his back next time. cheesy E nor easy

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Ranchhoddas: 11:03am On Dec 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You said this

Or forgotten so soon
The proper thing is that every one be punished or rewarded according to their deeds and that's what that bible verse looks like to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Ranchhoddas: 11:06am On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:

You like playing with words don't you?
Funny guy. You seem to have run out of things to say.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 04, 2016
So no one was able to answer my question? I'm sincerly disappointed.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Ranchhoddas: 11:10am On Dec 04, 2016
oluwaseyi000:

For if God did not spare angels when they
sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in
chains of darkness to be held for judgment
2 Peter 2:4
And so? Does this verse in any way talk about degree of punishment or have you forgotten the subject matter?
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Funny guy. You seem to have run out of things to say.

Nope. You guys are just being dishonest. But deep down you know what I'm saying is nothing but the gospel truth. You may not feel inclined to agree to that simply because you don't wanna lose face in front of your brothers.

Are you a theist now? I've stumbled on some of your posts in the past. Thought you were an atheist. Why is that?
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by enilove(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2016
Your problem is that you are spiritually INSANE.

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:
@Naijadeyhia

You didn't do justice to the question I posed in the slightest. Your response is far below the belt, far far below what I was expecting.

Again your Opinion and i see you are not intelligent in the least to know when an argument has been thrashed. Saving face is the in thing so i am not surprised

You only went about gathering the harvested wheats together with the tares in the process of aiming to counter my assertions, lumping everything together in a violent conflagaration and ended up destroying everything, losing out woefully on both sides.

Your opinion again. I took my time to go line by line with your post so its clear i dealt with each issue raised one after another. Any part i referred you to a previous post of mine or slashed out your post was because it was absolutely not worthy of any response

[b]Still it does not change the fact that God acts in random ways [/b]thus even if you are righteous till death, entering heaven is not yet certain. And also, you cannot abstain from sin completely. To hell with all that crap about discipline.

First you said i did not make sense in my response then you begin this comment with STILL which shows i actually made a lot of sense but you CHOSE to still CLAIM i did not which is like the gyrations of a drowning man as far as i can see.

No individual is a saint. We are all tainted with bad thoughts - the more effort you exert to overcome the urge, the more you are given to it. While some are consumed with it - and those are the ones sent to prison/sanctioned because they backed their thoughts with actions.

You are tainted with Bad thoughts and not me as I have been bought with a Price and am no longer my own. Even my thoughts have been bought with a price.

[s]You are walking your reason through a one-sided tunnel. At least be open-minded a little. That would help.[/s]

And when I made mention of confessing sins, I was actually alluding to the fact that sins can be confessed anywhere, anytime.

If this was truly your position then you shouldnt have said this below quote

NinjaX:
And. . . . . . . Even if you confess your sins away at church, new ones will take position almost immediately.

NinjaX There is no honour in deception and lies. Know this today!

I'm not a catholic, I'm an anglican, but that's not relevant to the discourse.

I was born Anglican but moved away from the stink of spiritual death and self righteousness associated with it. Ceremonial worship is not Relationship!

3 Likes

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Ranchhoddas: 11:41am On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:

Nope. You guys are just being dishonest. But deep down you know what I'm saying is nothing but the gospel truth. You may not feel inclined to agree to that simply because you don't wanna lose face in front of your brothers.

Are you a theist now? I've stumbled on some of your posts in the past. Thought you were an atheist. Why is that?
Lol. You cannot fathom the reality that there are humans who have succeeded in conquering their minds and are no longer held 'captive' by those desires that you think you cannot do without. I am not one of them but believe me bro there are many such people... To your query, I think I am a victim of the false dichotomy fallacy that is rife on this section- you are either Christian or atheist, for us or against us. It's not always the case as there are many stages towards self-realization. I like to think of myself as a seeker. I try to form my own opinions and not pander towards the views of any group.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:
So no one was able to answer my question? I'm sincerly disappointed.

On the contrary i am disappointed that you could not understand my submission and realize that my response effectively CLOSED THIS THREAD!

That shows your apparent level of reasoning and intelligence. No offence but next time you wish to open a thread try not to do so with TUNNEL VISION.

You made a lot of assumptions on your thread and even the scripture you quoted and attempted to explain was done wrongly which was why i had to take you back to verse 17 of it.

Your thread was wrongly packaged and lacked insight. Do a better job next time.

6 Likes

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by jonbellion(m): 11:46am On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:

Excellent point you have there!

Plus the fact that you can commit the most vile of atrocities during your lifetime, but only have to "seek repentance" from Yahweh at the last second in order to redeem thy soul before you transition to the realm beyond.

Food for thought: what if Hitler, BinLaden or Anini adopted the aforestated measure before they passed on?
Is this not a twisted motivation to execute evil deeds?
lol they did a cutaway of that in family guy
Bin laden repented at the last minute and made heaven
This
This bullshit is what christians believe
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:

How does the bolded worry or concern you? Is that the purpose of your thread? If yes then indeed you do have TUNNEL VISION.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by ElsonMorali: 11:49am On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:
Even the staunch christians have refused to show face. Lol. I understand.

Not all sins lead unto death for man's immortal soul.

What I wrote up there might seem like a contradiction but it's not. I simply allude to spiritual death when I use death in relation with the human soul.

It is true that no sinner shall see God after death. no matter how tiny or insignificant your sins are, they are still imperfections.

If the sins you are burdened with after death are not mortal sins that kill off the life of Christ in your soul, then after death, your soul will pass through a period of purgation in a state of existence we call Purgatory.

But if the sins on your soul at the end of your life is mortal sin, the type that kills your soul, then when you close your eyes in death, your soul will be eternally cut off from God for whom it was made and plunged into everlasting torment and grief.

A terrible sense of pain and loss, which is made even more terrible by the realization that the torture will never end.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Ranchhoddas: 11:57am On Dec 04, 2016
ElsonMorali:

What I wrote up there might seem like a contradiction but it's not. I simply allude to spiritual death when I use death in relation with the human soul.

It is true that no sinner shall see God after death. no matter how tiny or insignificant your sins are, they are still imperfections.

If the sins you are burdened with after death are not mortal sins that kill off the life of Christ in your soul, then after death, your soul will pass through a period of purgation in a state of existence we call Purgatory.

But if the sins on your soul at the end of your life is mortal sin, the type that kills your soul, then when you close your eyes in death, your soul will be eternally cut off from God for whom it was made and plunged into everlasting torment and grief.

A terrible sense of pain and loss, which is made even more terrible by the realization that the torture will never end.
Can you give examples of these mortal sins?
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Again your Opinion and i see you are not intelligent in the least to know when an argument has been thrashed. Saving face is the in thing so i am not surprised

Hahaha. Thrashed what? What you compiled up there can only be used to arouse brain-dead simpletons.

I think your burning passion for a mythical folk tale is beclouding your abilty to think straight.

Your opinion again. I took my time to go line by line with your post so its clear i dealt with each issue raised one after another. Any part i referred you to a previous post of mine or slashed out your post was because it was absolutely not worthy of any response

You call your confusion and escapist tactics dealing with issues? This guy sef

Most of what you wrote up there are not new to me.

First you said i did not make sense in my response then you begin this comment with STILL which shows i actually made a lot of sense but you CHOSE to still CLAIM i did not which is like the gyrations of a drowning man as far as i can see.

Keep flattering yourself. No offence taken.

You are tainted with Bad thoughts and not me as I have been bought with a Price and am no longer my own. Even my thoughts have been bought with a price.

Bought with the blood of a jewish man who has been dead for eons?

You are free to reject reason, but you definitely can't escape the abyss which is the consequence for refusing to allow reason guide your path.

You are walking your reason through a one-sided tunnel. At least be open-minded a little. That would help.

If this was truly your position then you shouldnt have said this below

NinjaX:
And. . . . . . . Even if you confess your sins away at church, new ones will take position almost immediately.

NinjaX There is no honour in deception and lies. Know this today!

Lol. You are one hell of a funny guy. Okay, I agree I lied if that makes your garri swell well.

I was born Anglican but moved away from the stink of spiritual death and self righteousness associated with it. Ceremonial worship is not Relationship!

Me neither.
Atleast this is something we agree on.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by ElsonMorali: 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Can you give examples of these mortal sins?

Grievous sins, especially those that cause scandal and harm to others souls.

Murder, firnication, adultery, stealing or fraud, sinning grievously against any of the ten commandments etc. I'm sure you get the idea.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:

Hahaha. Thrashed what? What you compiled up there can only be used to arouse brain-dead simpletons.

I think your burning passion for a mythical folk tale is beclouding your abilty to think straight.

You call your confusion and escapist tactics dealing with issues? This guy sef

Keep flattering yourself. No offence taken.

Bought with the blood of a jewish man who has been dead for eons?

You are free to reject reason, but you definitely can't escape the abyss which is the consequence for refusing to allow reason guide your path.

NinjaX:

Lol. You are one hell of a funny guy. Okay, I agree I lied if that makes your garri swell well.

Me neither.
Atleast this is something we agree on.

^^^^^

Your comments there are proof you have run out of what to say. You claim to agree that ceremonial worship is not Relationship yet you say YOU ARE ANGLICAN? Who are you deceiving?

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Lol. You cannot fathom the reality that there are humans who have succeeded in conquering their minds and are no longer held 'captive' by those desires that you think you cannot do without.

What you on about?
Who and who? Can you mention their names?

The issue with people like you is that you choose to see what your eyes sees. But don't wanna take the stress to stretch your sight beyond the planes of the ordinary.

Conquering the mind applies only to conquering usage of words and actions (this by the way is less difficult and can be worked out), but thinking, thoughts? Never.

I am not one of them but believe me bro there are many such people...

Yet you can authoritatively state with an air of confidence that you know those who have done so. You are a clown.

Assumptions as you may well know is the mother of all fuckery.

To your query, I think I am a victim of the false dichotomy fallacy that is rife on this section- you are either Christian or atheist, for us or against us. It's not always the case as there are many stages towards self-realization. I like to think of myself as a seeker. I try to form my own opinions and not pander towards the views of any group.

Nice one. The only portion of your post that makes sense.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
ElsonMorali:

I love this. The key word is compromisation. Good you agreed none can be 100% perfect. God would have to agree to a compromise on the parts we found difficult to overcome then. We as humans are greatly flawed. Thanks sir for being honest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2016
jonbellion:
lol they did a cutaway of that in family guy
Bin laden repented at the last minute and made heaven
This
This bullshit is what christians believe
This fact alone lays to waste the perfection of their religion.

Don't mind the apologists. No wonder it's easy for pastors to have them around their little fingers.

Arguing with them is a fruitless job. The fear of hell wouldn't let them see truth even if it hits them squarely in the face.
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by ElsonMorali: 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:

I love this. The key word is compromisation. Good you agreed none can be 100% perfect. God would have to agree to a compromise on the parts we found difficult to overcome then. We as humans are greatly flawed. Thanks sir for being honest.

Well, I hope I haven't misled you and I hope you haven't misread me.

For those who don't go hell because their sins were not mortal, will pass through purgation and after the last itty bitty imperfection has been purged, they will be in Heaven. Just to clear things up. And yes it's possible to live a life of perfection by the grace of God.

It just seems so impossible the more we advance technologically and materialism puts more toys in our hands to distract us from the real reason why we are in this realm of existence.

New cars are made every year, ditto new phones, designers' labels for clothes, bags, shoes etc.

It's a bedlam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Ranchhoddas: 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:

What you on about?
Who and who? Can you mention their names?

The issue with people like you is that you choose to see what your eyes sees. But don't wanna take the stress to stretch your sight beyond the planes of the ordinary.

Conquering the mind applies only to conquering usage of words and actions (this by the way is less difficult and can be worked out), but thinking, thoughts? Never.

Yet you can authoritatively state with an air of confidence that you know those who have done so. You are a clown.

Assumptions as you may well know is the mother of all fuckery.

Nice one. The only portion of your post that makes sense.
It's you who has a limited mind, because something is impossible for you to achieve, you then proceed to say that it's impossible for other people to achieve. You are using yourself as the standard for seven billion people. SMH for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ur parents pick your religion and you spend the rest of ur life fighting for something you didn't chose.
Talking about end time, it's not coming in this life time... The talk has been talked about in many life time,and in each life time, they saw "the signs "
That's why I like Catholic and Anglican, they don't bother themselves with end time talks.
I think all the sign may happen and God would not LA the trumpet, and none of them would happen and he will.
The best christian can do is leave everyday like it were ur last. And leave end time talk

3 Likes

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Well, I hope I haven't misled you and I hope you haven't misread me.

For those who don't go hell because their sins were not mortal, will pass through purgation and after the last itty bitty imperfection has been purged, they will be in Heaven. Just to clear things up. And yes it's possible to live a life of perfection by the grace of God.

It just seems so impossible the more we advance technologically and materialism puts more toys in our hands to distract us from the real reason why we are in this realm of existence.

New cars are made every year, ditto new phones, designers' labels for clothes, bags, shoes etc.

It's a bedlam.

Not at all. I completely understood what you meant. This is what I've been hoping someone would bring to my awareness. I really appreciate your unbiased response.

I have learnt something excitingly new on nairaland today which bears testament to the fact that creating this thread was not entirely a lost cause.

Your honesty is rare sir. Thought honest men has gone extinct. Do enjoy the rest of your day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Omudia11: 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lmao!
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by ElsonMorali: 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:

Not at all. I completely understood what you meant. This is what I've been hoping someone would bring to my awareness. I really appreciate your unbiased response.

I have learnt something excitingly new on nairaland today which bears testament to the fact that creating this thread was not entirely a lost cause.

Your honesty is rare sir. Thought honest men has gone extinct. Do enjoy the rest of your day.

You too. Have a great week ahead.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
It's you who has a limited mind, because something is impossible for you to achieve, you then proceed to say that it's impossible for other people to achieve.

Guy, you are embarrasing yourself. There are things which are beyond the abilities of mortals. Don't dare sweat it cause you can't fault reality, not even textbooks or geniuses can. And the topic of this thread is one of those. I understand I can't do everything, because I'm flesh and blood. But you on the other hand are being delusional so as to sound smart in public.

So because you can leap into the air, does that imply you can fly without any enhancement, just because you believe you can possibly think it through someday? Lol.

If scientists reasoned like you, aeroplanes wouldn't have been invented.

Take it or leave it, somethings need intervention; physical or spiritual that is.

You are using yourself as the standard for seven billion people. SMH for you.

I see You ain't arguing to know, but to swim in the euphoria winning arguments promises. You have a long way to go sir.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Ranchhoddas: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:

Guy, you are embarrasing yourself. There are things which are beyond the abilities of mortals. Don't dare sweat it cause you can't fault reality. And the topic of this thread is one of them. I understand I can't do everything, because I'm flesh and blood. But you on the other hand are being delusional so as to sound smart in public.

So because you can leap into the air, does that imply you can fly without any enhancement, just because you believe you can possibly think it through someday? Lol.

If scientists reasoned like you, aeroplanes wouldn't have been invented.

Take it or leave it, somethings need intervention; physical or spiritual that is.

I see You ain't arguing to know, but to swim in the euphoria winning arguments promises. You have a long way to go sir.
I am struggling not to use harsh words on you. Why on Earth would you presume to speak for seven billion people? Okay tell me precisely which thought(s) you think are impossible to overcome.

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am struggling not to use harsh words on you. Why on Earth would you presume to speak for seven billion people? Okay tell me precisely which thought(s) you think are impossible to overcome.

Sorry if I was harsh on you. Couldn't think of a better way to convey my message.

Thoughts that are impossible to overcome? For you to say this, now I do comprehend the direction your stance is coming from.

If you had read my Op with an open mind you'd have an insight to what I'm putting efforts to pass across.

When I say bad thoughts are difficult to overcome, I'm not merely referring to the urge to steal, rape, or kill e.t.c. I was basically driving at that passage in the bible that talked about a person who has already sinned by just fantasizing about an attractive woman in a sexual fashion. And then in other cases when you unconsciously make silent remarks at things, or people.

Savvy?
Re: Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan by Ranchhoddas: 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
NinjaX:

Sorry if I was harsh on you. Couldn't think of a better way to convey my message.

Thoughts that are impossible to overcome? For you to say this, now I do comprehend the direction your stance is coming from.

If you had read my Op with an open mind you'd have an insight to what I'm putting efforts to pass across.

When I say bad thoughts are difficult to overcome, I'm not merely referring to the urge to steal, rape, or kill e.t.c. I was basically driving at that passage in the bible that talked about a person who has already sinned by just fantasizing about an attractive woman in a sexual fashion. And then in other cases when you unconsciously make silent remarks at things, or people.

Savvy?
Why on God's green Earth would anyone think that everyone has these fantasies, desires which are simply a product of raging hormones? Think ninja think!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2019 Election: Prophet Joshua Iginla Issues Fresh Prophetic Warning! / DSS Arrests Tareri Avwomakpa Over Whatsapp Message Supporting Johnson Suleman / Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.