Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? (892 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Police Seize Pastor Fatoyinbo’s Passport, Conduct Search On His House, Office / Bible Parable And Sermon: The Prodigal Son and what it really means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
One ugly funny incident happened today while in church. Today in the church, after communication was usual fundraising tagged 2nd collection, and I was bored that I decided to visit my phone. I collected my friend's(Chipappii) phone too and launched our respective Xender apps to collect some files, one guy who is a member of M.O.D came and request for our phones. why? He said I was pressing phone in the church. I was surprised since the rule was not allow your phone to ring in the church.

I was reluctant and after some arguments, I handed my phone to him to avoid unnecessary attention.
When the mass was dismissed, I went to collect it and the guy said I should pay #11,000 or go home,,,, I was so angry that I was ready to go one-on-one.
It wasn't only me shaa,,,,the money you would pay depends on the phone you re using. while others are begging, I wasn't and raising my voice with anger because even if what I did may not be too good, it doesn't deserve such punishment.
In the end, I still gat my phone back! NO MONEY GIVEN

So my question is?
Is it necessary to seize one's phone when it's not disturbing anyone in any manner?

1 Like

Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by opethom(m): 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2016
who is the pastor to seize my phone?
Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
opethom:
who is the pastor to seize my phone?

Not from a pastor directly,,,,, but I tink the said guy is working under instruction

Its a Catholic church actually
Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by ifenes(m): 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2016
Amazing!

1 Like

Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
ifenes:
Amazing!
Wats amazing! cheesy
Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by herzern1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
11,000 naira to retrieve the phone I bouqht with my money??.....

Mr Man....Please Stop this expensive joke....

1 Like

Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
herzern1:
11,000 naira to retrieve the phone I bouqht with my money??.....

Mr Man....Please Stop this expensive joke....

Sounds like joke??
I don't knw if he was joking,,,,but what he told me??

11k for the two phones
Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by afanide: 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
I think he was joking abt the 11k. It will be refunded back to you free.
Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by Chipappii(m): 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
A very bleeped up situation considering the fact that some church ministers even use tablets to preach while their followers take notes with their various mobiles.. undecided
Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by ikorodureporta: 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
Chrismario:
One ugly funny incident happened today while in church. Today in the church, after communication was usual fundraising tagged 2nd collection, and I was bored that I decided to visit my phone. I collected my friend's(Chipappii) phone too and launched our respective Xender apps to collect some files, one guy who is a member of M.O.D came and request for our phones. why? He said I was pressing phone in the church. I was surprised since the rule was not allow your phone to ring in the church.

I was reluctant and after some arguments, I handed my phone to him to avoid unnecessary attention.
When the mass was dismissed, I went to collect it and the guy said I should pay #11,000 or go home,,,, I was so angry that I was ready to go one-on-one.
It wasn't only me shaa,,,,the money you would pay depends on the phone you re using. while others are begging, I wasn't and raising my voice with anger because even if what I did may not be too good, it doesn't deserve such punishment.
In the end, I still gat my phone back! NO MONEY GIVEN

So my question is?
Is it necessary to seize one's phone when it's not disturbing anyone in any manner?

Na busybody ushers na. Same way a guy approached while i was looking @ my phone during harvest thanksgiving collection. It was very embarrasing, but i just bone! Weda him know if na bible i dey check sef...Lalasticlala suppose know the guy..
Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 07, 2017
ikorodureporta:

Na busybody ushers na. Same way a guy approached while i was looking @ my phone during harvest thanksgiving collection. It was very embarrasing, but i just bone! Weda him know if na bible i dey check sef...Lalasticlala suppose know the guy..

Lol...d tin dae vex
Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by iceboy4752(m): 6:03pm On May 07, 2017
New strategy to rob members of their hard earned money. angry

2 Likes

Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by egopersonified(f): 6:16pm On May 07, 2017
This usher did nothing wrong. The wrong act was you actually giving him the phone. But, were you in the children's church? Because that is the only place personal items are seized in church.
Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by oaroloye(m): 7:14pm On May 07, 2017
All Roman Catholics are fools.

Serve you right!

You were at MASS- where you go to EAT AND DRINK GOD ALMIGHTY- and, instead of reverently looking on, as others participate, you turn away to matters you deem MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU?

You KNOW the RULE of YOUR FATHER, that he is the ALTER CHRISTUS to you- yet you not only BREAK the rule, you are ANGRY WITH YOUR CHURCH?

500 YEARS AGO, THEY WOULD HAVE TIED YOU TO A STAKE, AND SET FIRE AT YOUR FEET- AND NOT EVEN YOUR OWN MOTHER WOULD HAVE SYMPATHIZED.

No way YOU are a Roman Catholic!

They would NEVER disgrace their Church before PROESTANTS like this. Unless you are a JESUIT, trying to induce Protestants to behave like this.

ALBERTO RIVERA told us that that is one of your Dirty Strategies!
Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 07, 2017
Im trying so hard to get you

But still........
Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by Chipappii(m): 9:32pm On May 07, 2017
oaroloye:
All Roman Catholics are fools.

Serve you right!

You were at MASS- where you go to EAT AND DRINK GOD ALMIGHTY- and, instead of reverently looking on, as others participate, you turn away to matters you deem MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU?

You KNOW the RULE of YOUR FATHER, that he is the ALTER CHRISTUS to you- yet you not only BREAK the rule, you are ANGRY WITH YOUR CHURCH?

500 YEARS AGO, THEY WOULD HAVE TIED YOU TO A STAKE, AND SET FIRE AT YOUR FEET- AND NOT EVEN YOUR OWN MOTHER WOULD HAVE SYMPATHIZED.

No way YOU are a Roman Catholic!

They would NEVER disgrace their Church before PROESTANTS like this. Unless you are a JESUIT, trying to induce Protestants to behave like this.

ALBERTO RIVERA told us that that is one of your Dirty Strategies!

This one haff mad finish

Re: My Phone Seized;; Is It Really Necessary To Seize Phones In The Church? by Nobody: 7:17am On May 08, 2017
Chipappii:

This one haff mad finish

D guy be like mumu

(1) (Reply)

Who Calls Church Ponzi? On A Shallow Thinking Person. / Journey Out Of Christianity - Michael Runyan / Inscriptions Found On A Moringa Tree In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.