Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) (47739 Views)

Questions Trail Execution Of TETfund Projects In UNILAG, FUTA / TETFUND Projects In Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma - Thompson Jotham / Nigerian University Dump Hundreds Of Final Year Students Thesis/project In Trash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by uzo200(m): 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by dunkem21(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
henrydadon:

angry

No vex cheesy but you self know say na true I dey talk.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by daveP(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
Click like if you agree that "Our Lecturers have kepting mad again"

See the truth is that the system is/ was a failure so don't expect something that would never complete a perfect jigsaw puzzle to be one of the piece to fix in it.

And besides, not all courses studied have societal relevance or influence to change something in our current society instanta.

We need to be realistic here.

crop load of paperwork that our Lecturers themselves can't even understand or try to read.

Just like in my univ where we have over a hundred students in level 1 of history. During exam, Pls tell me if the market reads all the jumbo stories they write to earn their marks...... very laughable indeed.

Crash this system and rebuild it again, but Like Jesus said so for the body temple, many will react just like the leaders of the physical temple.....
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by buffalowings: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
The one we them no throw way

Wet in Dem use am do

1 Like

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
Almost all research projects done in Nigeria belong to the trash, even PG projects. From lab tests to actual methods, everything is faked. No surprise that the university chucked them out.

5 Likes

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2016
Icansing:
That what they do in Nigeria,, foolish people
ur mother yansh
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2016
post=51626034:
An Unidentified Nigerian University dump hundreds of final year students thesis/project in the trash.

According to a facebook user who shared the story, Dr raphael James Wrote:

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photos-university-dumps-hundreds-of.html

I am happy I didn't waste my time and money to submit my project. Still in the place were I typed it since 2012.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by MrigweC(m): 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2016
666Antichrist:
this is why I dropped out

Did I hear u well or are u seeking attention ??

1 Like

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by vioment: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2016
That is the truth about the current state of education in Nigeria, especially true for 99% of the universities. In universities, students graduate with 90% carry over secondary school knowledge and 10% or 5% new useful knowledge. Go figure.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Icansing: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2016
lilzcee:
ur mother yansh
for insulting my mum,, u and ur generation shall never see peace,, God punish u idiot
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by cocaineaddict(m): 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
dingbang:
grin acada Don cast
Runs man
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by obajoey(m): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
i remember my friend that went to do copy copy of one project, the true owner of the project used bank PHB as case study oo, na so my guy copy everything including bank phb as the case study not knowing that bank phb done change name to keystone, na so he carry d dubbed copy go meet H.O.D..lol the rest na story, we laugh ehen

5 Likes

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Igbunu4: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
durubrian:
I spent a lot of time, energy and MONEY on research (experiments, etc) for my project...

Now, I have the feeling that it would still be thrown away..

Chai.. I for just do ctrl C & ctrl V sef... Waste of money #KnowledgeGainedTho
As in (copy and paste)? Hahahaaa u are so funny. angry
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by MrPresident1: 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
Certificated ignoramuses cheesy
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by ireneony(f): 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
Thank God i went back to school.
I finished from uni in Nigeria but i was not fulfilled.
I'm currently studying in U.K.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by evansjeff(m): 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2016
Tolexander:
My supervisor told me during my final year project that "there is just a little difference between the usefulness of the undergraduate projects and uselessness".

i couldn't agree less, I also came to this conclusion after going through the nitty-gritty of project writing as a masters student, then I realized that almost all that is being done during the undergraduate levels are useless, just a mere criteria for graduation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by fghanni(m): 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
That's life. Samething will be done to certificate one day. Vanity.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by sekem: 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
Way to go!

I pray that soonest, they will start dumping certificates into the trash the same way!

Outdated and disfunctional edcational system is nothing but an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

1 Like

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2016
ireneony:

You don leave Italy?
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Jedidiah94(m): 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2016
That's how you will know that education in Nigeria is a waste of time. Just to get good grade a student will travel and rummage heaven and earth yet this is what will be the outcome. Get out of the university and you will know that more than 80% of what we were taught is useless in field. So If you can have your way to get the grade please do smartly while the knowledge or skills could be build with personal development. Who wanna tell me I'm wrong?
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Missmossy(f): 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2016
Its everywhere, besides it goes beyond a project research work. These lecturers know that and still frustrate you on a project work.

2 Likes

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Jedidiah94(m): 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
ireneony:

If we continue this way in Nigeria, serious-minded people can get fulfilment. I'm happy for you
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
Icansing:
for insulting my mum,, u and ur generation shall never see peace,, God punish u idiot
after insulting my people? smiley u are the sweetheart idiot here wink
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Macjayboy(m): 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
90% of those projects contains raw and uncut plagiarism anyways grin

1 Like

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Adaezemum(f): 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
That is why Nigeria can never move forward. because of the visionless leaders we have.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Uchexxy(m): 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
usmanktg2:
Give me the 'A' and throw it away. I don't care.
For a second there, I taught I was alone till I read your comment. wetin concern me as long as I don see my A?

2 Likes

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Mzsolmi(f): 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
Hian! This one is small nah compared to what they do in our department (architecture).after sweating,making researches, staying up all night,starving,wasting money,looking like a mad sombori,sleeping & living in the studio,contributing everyday money for fuel for generator once school off their gen,they'll just park everything in a room n later burn em or even lecturers will choose d best there n burn d rest

2 Likes

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by macphilip: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
As long as marks were awarded!
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by lashout1: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
[/font]The comments here shows that there is a huge gap somewhere.

Researches are valid technically valid for 10 year. only on exceptional topics will it be allowed to hold the root of the globe for a few added year(s).

With the way 1st degree research are done, how many of 50,000 copies will be green, else most of us should have known that the literatures we reviewed then wasn't suppose to exceed 10years dated backward. The globe is changing, so like knife kills' a gun do.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]The comments here shows that there is a huge gap somewhere.

Researches are valid technically valid for 10 year. only on exceptional topics will it be allowed to hold the root of the globe for a few added year(s).

With the way 1st degree research are done, how many of 50,000 copies will be green, else most of us should have known that the literatures we reviewed then wasn't suppose to exceed 10years dated backward. The globe is changing, so like knife kills' a gun do.
The comments here shows that there is a huge gap in our education.

1 Like

Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by seggzz(m): 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
wexyee:
i hate wen this stuff happens
imagine the number of graduates that keep graduating each year. How can you keep millions of Projects in a room? The best thing for universities to do is to create online library.
Re: University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2016
and akara sellers are looking for paper o. alright in most cases students are asked to submit soft copies of their projects in cdroms b4 graduation. this may be the reason why the university had to let go of the hard copies. they could have just incinerated them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

History Of Cultism/confraternities In Nigeria / Armless Ghanaian Maths Teacher Writing With Marker In Her Mouth (Photo) / University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.