Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? (22020 Views)

Poll: Is there any acceptable excuse for beating up your lover?

Yes: 23% (15 votes)
No: 76% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Please, Why Is This Man Not Happy On His Wedding Day? (photo) / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? / Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by God4: 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2011
annawhite:

we are helpless beings!but somehow we make the world go round
this is a nice response
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by pleep(m): 1:22am On Jul 17, 2011
It's funny, I think men and women shouldn't hit each other. Cuz when a woman hits you it's almost just as bad.
Lol, I remember one time my friends GF was hitting me and there was nothing I could do because I didn't want to hit a chick. But at the same time I didn't want to 'flee' from a woman haha.
So I said as evily as I could "if you were a guy I would kill you here and now" and she stopped  grin

the pen is mightier than the sword my friends!
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by pryzlez: 10:01am On Nov 18, 2012
Ebonyeyes: Its better to pick battles with opponents your own size. undecided

Coz if (as a woman) you fight a stronger opponent (a man), then yu surely deserve wa'eva comes your way...shikena
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by edelweiss(f): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
gameaddict: Hey people!

Could any of you educate me on why people think a man should never hit a woman? The issue has been on my mind lately, not because I'm itching to beat anyone( just so the stupid ones know. ) but because I've noticed so many people expressing the opinion that it is wrong and yet I can't find a reason to justify this.

What do you people think? Can anyone give a sensible and convincing reason for his/her opinion as clearly as possible so we can get this sorted.

To me, men and women are equals in every respect and i see no reason scientifically or sinfully( I don't think i should say religiously) why they can't engage in whatever form of physical exercise( forgive whatever thought this creates ) in their everyday interactions. Although it is a fact that most men bully women, the probability of doing the same to other males who they may perceive as weak is the same, given the right conditions. So before we label anyone a 'woman beater' ( yeah, you Chris Brown haters,  bring it on ), lets educate ourselves on the perception of this species.

Before you post, You should also know that the fact that women are 'expected' to be soft, charming and whatever, is not a reason. Most women also engage in fights and would not hesitate to throw blows if the opponent is perceived as a weak male.

Expecting sensible replies,
is dat supposed 2 b a joke or a question?
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by lipsyliscious: 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
@ op if I'm correct,ur question is we should give a logical reason 4 d saying dat a man should not hit a woman? Emotions are a part of us humans n we can't distance ourselves 4rm it. so wen women are involved considering d fact dat most men are physically stronger dan women,it would b unfair 2 let a man fight a woman as dis is not even fighting but beating. If u find dat reason is based on emotions n perceptions n is not logical den d logical reason I can find here is maturity! Y would u fight with sum1 who's not ur size? If u knocked her out would u say we're equals? I'm not physically as strong as a man n I won't expect him 2 hit me because he has an advantage! If u still find all my reasons based on emotion den u have 2 accept dat emotions,sentiments,e.t.c are a part of us n our brains do not control us in everything,dat is y we are social beings n dat is y d word 'morals' exist. In general it is an animalistic n chidish behaviour 2 engage in a physical combat weda u know d person or not
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by donlumex: 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2012
Criously...let's just do some analysis...
There r some things dat r nt just acceptable in d society.. One of em is a guy hitting a woman...anoda example is a dude hitting an adult back wen d adult hit him 4 doing something wrong...
Yes some women r aggressive but as a man u expectd to calm ur nerves down...n knw he to sort tins out b4 deh get outa control...
Am sure u won't take it lightly wit ur younga sis bf if she reports to u dat he hit ha n he inflicted injury on her...n u wnt also hit ur younga sist wu is year younger dan u...
N its nt abt d society alone labeling it dts its nt good d fact is wat is nt good is nt good,aint nothing to justify it...am sure if u lov ur lady even if she is wrong it won't occur to u dat u av to inflict an injury on her 2correct ha...n beating is 4 kids n children nobory beats an adult u only express ur dissatifaction verbaly...nt wit vandammes kicks...
N let's look at it...its only abt 10pecent of women dat hit n even less women respond to wen a hit em compared to abt 68pecent of men dt hit women...its also nt good 4 a woman to hit a man..
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 20, 2012
So sad I got late to the party. You see the Op's a case of human gender psychology and it is quite so simple. Every Gender has what they are good at. You see for women it is emotional or verbal assault and for men it is physical assault. But the simple thing is that usually confrontations move gradually from verbal assaults to physical. So at the initial stages the woman has the upper hand. They can talk and dramatise and cause wahala. A woman should know when to stop her verbal aggression otherwise she may reach a point where the man can become aggressive the way he knows best; physical aggression. So when you and your partner are in a heated argument as a man you should know when to walk away when you can't take it anymore and as a woman you should know when to stop talking. But some men don't walk away early enuff and some women don't shut up. If a man begins to walk away some women follow him and nag him. Some women even go as far as strangling his clothes first or pushing him when he is ignoring them rapidly moving the conflict to physical and more often than not getting their aszes whooped in the process because you can't win a man in his own game; physical. A woman should neva lock her man's collar and never slap or hit him cos if she does, the man may do the same to her and you know who is strongest physically. At this point the woman is fighting a losing battle.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 20, 2012
lipsyliscious: @ op if I'm ering d fact dat most men are physically stronger dan women,it would b unfair 2 let a man fight a woman as dis is not even fighting but beating..........

And as a woman you should not also EXTREMELY verbally assault your man cos 90% of women her verbally stronger during conflicts because when it gets to the point that you nag him and her becoming overly verbally assaulting he my get physical.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Shadydamsel(f): 8:39pm On May 02, 2013
izeek: when u hit a woman, what have u been able to prove other than the fact that,
1. u can and will always be able to beat her
2. you are stronger than she is ,
3. you have no self respect for your woman.
4. you have no self control hence u are an animal,
5. you saw no wrong in your father hitting ur ma.
6. you consider voilence the only conflict resolution means u know.
7. civilization has been able to elude your mental state.
8. that hitting her would have succesfuly passsed the message across.

guy i can go on and on, but u dont need to be told its not proper.

you hit her now, and still come back to sleep with her.
moreso at the point u are hitting her, and she is in tears, how do u feel?

on point
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Fulaman198(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
Only weakling men hit women, that and men with low self-esteem. Would you ever hit your dear mother? If not, never strike a woman

1 Like

Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 10:34am On Nov 29, 2013
@Fulaman198: Flawed logic. Would you ever hit your dear father? If not, never strike a man.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Chilug(m): 1:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
I just think its courtesy.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Fulaman198(m): 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
gameaddict: @Fulaman198: Flawed logic. Would you ever hit your dear father? If not, never strike a man.

A man is physically stronger than a woman, what do you prove by hitting a woman? I would never strike my father, but I would definitely strike a man hitting a woman. (Hopefully I won't get shot in the process if I'm in the western world).
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
@Fulaman198: Most times, yes, but there are exceptions where the woman is physically stronger than the man. In that case, what would you do? Add the assumption that the woman is the trouble maker and that she was the first to consistently hit at the person.

I am only trying to ascertain the concrete societal sentiments (and their evolution) that led some societies, especially the west, to follow certain conventions such as this.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Fulaman198(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
gameaddict: @Fulaman198: Most times, yes, but there are exceptions where the woman is physically stronger than the man. In that case, what would you do? Add the assumption that the woman is the trouble maker and that she was the first to consistently hit at the person.

I am only trying to ascertain the concrete societal sentiments (and their evolution) that led some societies, especially the west, to follow certain conventions such as this.

I doubt I will ever meet a woman physically stronger than me. With that said, I will never hit a woman. If a woman infuriates me, I give her the silent treatment.

I don't think it has anything to do with western society. I just don't believe in hitting women. In my mind it wreaks of physical incompetence and weakness.

A woman should respect a man though if she does not then she is a useless woman.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 12:57am On Dec 10, 2013
@Fulaman198: Believe it or not, your views are as much a product of societal elements as they are of certain inherent characteristics. Its the mix that makes you who you are. And these elements and characteristics are meant to evolve and consequently, can be shaped.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by LogansShadow: 3:33am On Dec 10, 2013
I think what women should just know is that hitting or verbally abusing a man and not expecting him to hit you is as hard as a junior colleague dissing you at work and even though you have the power to deal with him/her,you chose not to.
And pls spare us the woman are physically weaker than man.Weaker men get beaten by stronger men everyday and nobody discriminates against that.
Don't attack men verbally or physically and you will have no probs,how hard can that be,it's that simple.
Just know men gets hurt when verbally abused as much as you guyz get hurt when beaten and i think it's just the "super ego" influenced by the society that makes men think "women should not beaten no matter the situation".
Personally for me though,your partner should be an exception.
P.S-I've never beaten a woman in my adult life.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Fulaman198(m): 4:21am On Dec 10, 2013
Logan's shadow:
I think what women should just know is that hitting or verbally abusing a man and not expecting him to hit you is as hard as a junior colleague dissing you at work and even though you have the power to deal with him/her,you chose not to.
And pls spare us the woman are physically weaker than man.Weaker men get beaten by stronger men everyday and nobody discriminates against that.
Don't attack men verbally or physically and you will have no probs,how hard can that be,it's that simple.
Just know men gets hurt when verbally abused as much as you guyz get hurt when beaten and i think it's just the "super ego" influenced by the society that makes men think "women should not beaten no matter the situation".
Personally for me though,your partner should be an exception.
P.S-I've never beaten a woman in my adult life.

If you don't think women are physically weaker than men, either A. You are a weak man physically or B. You are obvilivious to how God naturally created humans. Being physically weaker does not make a woman inferior. It is just the way it is.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by BananaLegs: 10:45am On Sep 12, 2016
From what I gather from reading these other comments and listening to people who have the belief it's wrong for a man to hit a woman, the argument, for most people, is based completely around morality. Most people who hold the belief cling onto it simply because their parents told them it was sinful for a man to hit a woman at a young age and they haven't developed the ability to challenge the ideology. For those who hold the belief with a basic intellectual grasp, the reason is that women are defenseless from the attacks of a male, and anybody who challenges the concept is usually deemed violent, or a "wife-beater" (as you have already seen from the comments).

I personally agree with the idea that a man shouldn't hit a woman, but there are always instances where it's understandable not to do so. Women generally are weaker than males and don't cope as well during times of conflict, a male hitting a woman usually would do much more damage to a female physically and emotionally than if it were to be done to a male. But say if a woman twice my size was attacking me, in this situation it would be completely justified if I were to defend myself and hit her because 1. It was an attack out of defense, and 2. She is unlikely to sustain much physical pain as she was stronger than I was.

When it comes to hitting a woman I'd say the exact same thing as I'd say for a male hitting a male, It's only justified if it was an attack out of defense and if you genuinely felt that they were capable of doing you serious harm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Commandments Every Girlfriend And Wife Need To Follow During The World Cup / How To Find Nice Man Of Your Dreams And Receive A Marriage Proposal In Nigeria / SHE'S SHOCKED: I Went to Buy Corn And Met Her. This Is What Happened [PICTURE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.