Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,824 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

This Facebook Appeal Raisd Enough Money In 24 Hrs For Dying Mum's Wish For Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Facebook Appeal Raisd Enough Money In 24 Hrs For Dying Mum's Wish For Baby (493 Views)

Woman Cries As Husband Surprises Her On Her Birthday With IPhone, Money In Cake / “I Dont Wear Pant, If My Child Makes Suspicious Money In Ghana I Wont Take” / 4 Years Old Boy, Uses Siri To Help Save His Dying Mum's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Facebook Appeal Raisd Enough Money In 24 Hrs For Dying Mum's Wish For Baby by ovyekuju(m): 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
Strangers raised £2,500 in less than 24 hours through a Facebook appeal to grant a mum's dying wish.

Kirsty-Jade McCarron suffers from a terminal and rare disease which attacks her immune system.

She has always dreamed of taking her young daughter Skylar on a trip she will never forget.

Thanks to the kindness of a friend Kirsty-Jade was able to surprise the five-year-old with a trip to Disneyland Paris so she could meet the fairy-tale princesses she adores.

It may be one of the last trips the pair are able to go on, as Kirsty-Jade's condition is worsening.

Friend Dean Lewis decided to raise funds for the pair after finding out that Kirsty-Jade was considering selling off her possessions to pay for a holiday.

Dean told Lad Bible : "She asked me how much did I reckon the value of her car was.

"She said she was hoping to sell it and create memories with her daughter, Skylar, by visiting Disneyland Paris just once before she dies.

"To me this was it - I knew what I could do to bring at least some happiness to her and her daughter."

Dean wrote a Facebook post asking friends for donations, but didn't reveal the identity of the friend he was helping.

Within 24 hours he had raised enough cash - £2,500 in total - to send Kirsty-Jade and Skylar to Disneyland Paris in time for her fifth birthday.

Dean said: "After the funds were raised I called Kirsty to tell her what had happened.

"She burst into tears of joy. She couldn't believe it."

One of Skylar's biggest wishes was to meet Elsa from Frozen , so Dean bought a costume and arranged for a model to help him and Kirsty-Jade reveal the big news about their trip.

Kirsty-Jade wrote on Facebook: "Skylar truly is my hero and my inspiration and this for her will be magical. She will never forget this and neither will I."

Dean said the mum's condition is deteriorating, adding: "We don't know exactly how much time she's got left, but we know it's within a year or two as a maximum."

Watch video at http://www.bookspen.com/facebook-appeal-raised-enough-money-24-hours-grant-dying-mums-wish-little-girl/

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Amazing Fayose In Spiderman Costume / Lets Help Talk To Ourselves As Family. Do The Needful To Better Our Lives / LOST CONNECTION !!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.