Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development (35919 Views)

Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose / Arewa Youths In An Ongoing Meeting With Igbos In The North (photos) / Inside Details On Why Cabal Is Angry With Osinbajo - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by matrixme(m): 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
Some people just open their mouths and spill rubbish. The recession must be really eating deep into brains these days. After all the richest man in the country today is an Hausa man. You igbos hate yourselves and you think everyone project the same feeling towards you. There is barely any community today that doesn't allow an Igbo person to do business freely. Do we have to lay our lives down for you to prove a point? Well, I'm not like the idealistic young man who set himself on fire for Biafra's cause. Such a shame we got to know in 2016

8 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Princedapace(m): 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
amanikondo:

But, did Jonathan neglect the region? It is a simple question.

Does it matter...

Did u elect buhari to continue the so called failed things GEJ did?

Why are we like this in this country?

Na wa o.. Make una forget GEJ...buhari was elected to make things better...jareee if he can't..he would av allowed GEJ to continue his bad things na

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by TheRealestGuy(m): 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
me69:
What I know is that Ojukwu started it
What you know?

You don't know. about the first coup which was termed an "igbo" coup?

Or the counter coup?

Or the massive pogrom that went on unabated in the north against igbos?

Young man you know nothing so just shut your fvcking mouth!!!

Go and read Alexander Madiebo's book on the civil war for starters...yeah, you're welcome.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by madcollynzo: 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
CandyDiamond:

[/b]Your hypocricy stinks[b], they are not holding them and yet killing innocent IPOB protesters,setting up operation pyton army in east, lol trooping to other region in your one Nigeria.

Shut up your smelly mouth, why not reject monthly allocations to your region, and tell your leaders to do the needful instead of constituting nuisance everywhere. So you want to troop to other region and still want biafra. 2faced people

4 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by sade1994(f): 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
Dumb thread

3 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by madcollynzo: 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
ManMountain:

They will ask why you are not supporting them to go grin grin

Dont mind those loudmouthed ingrates. Victor Banjo that led their only offensive during the war was killed by the animal whose soul will surely rest in hell yet Yorubas dont even hold that against them. Wole Soyinka was jailed cos of their foolishness yet they insult him here daily, even their Azikwe fought against them. They will still insult Fayose, FFK and other notable Yorubas that speak for and support their biafra. Bunch of chest beating cowards.

8 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by adimsmt: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
RockHard:

Yeah, and yet since independence no single SE state is even mentioned among the top 5 economic contributors in Nigeria alone, not to talk of Africa. Doesn't charity begin at home again?? I think what you meant to say is that Nigeria will become the drug-trafficking capital of the world within 5 years. cheesy Sometimes I wonder the kind of egbo some of you smoke before typing. lol

I am Igbo, I disagree with mightyhazell about Igbo leadership, because even if will get Igbo president today he/she will still work with the same old people unless Nigeria is restructured please, but Mr Rockhard, yes SE states may not be among the 5 economic contributors in Nigeria as you said, but that is not the way to measure the contributions made by the Igbos in Nigeria. The Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria that in reality practice one Nigeria you may disagree with me but that is the truth and nothing but the truth. They are the only people that go in any part of this country called Nigeria help in the development of any area they found themselves no other tribes does that in Nigeria. The Yorubas will come to the SE do business at the end of the day he/she will repatriate their profit back to their respective states likewise the Hausas. Igbos will establish businesses, buy lands and build houses and the Igbos are well endowed with human resources and that is why about 80% of Igbo wealth are outside of the SE. Mr Rockhard, have ever sit down and imagine if just 50% of Igbo's investments in Nigeria go back to SE, just 50%. We as people are to blame for not investing at least 60% of our wealth in our area me included . Igbos have the highest percentage of middle class "ratio of the population" There is a reason for that.

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Icon79(m): 6:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
To Dr. Chinedu Nebo, I say "Truer words have never been spoken!"

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by me69: 7:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
TheRealestGuy:
What you know?

You don't know. about the first coup which was termed an "igbo" coup?

Or the counter coup?

Or the massive pogrom that went on unabated in the north against igbos?

Young man you know nothing so just shut your fvcking mouth!!!

Go and read Alexander Madiebo's book on the civil war for starters...yeah, you're welcome.
go to biafran war rehab you've been brainwashed
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by orimsamsam(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
justuschi50:
its obvious d IBO are wiser then other ethnic group Nigeria need a wise leader.
Wht are ur reasons
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by TheRealestGuy(m): 7:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
me69:
go to biafran war rehab you've been brainwashed
You're one of these indomie generation kids who has no idea of this country's chequered history.

Why I don't argue with peeps like you.

You can't read even if your life depended on it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by IAMBlesssed(f): 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=0xtr001r post=51648348]

You bile-filled creatures claim to be 'sophisticated' and educated yet your miserable lives are filled with wickedness and despicable acts. You are wont to leave the big log of wood in your greedy eyes to rant carelessly and senselessly about the dust in others eyes.

Little wonder you're termed, the Problem of Nigeria.[/quote Nnaa were nwayo oo...
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by CandyDiamond(f): 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
madcollynzo:

Shut up your smelly mouth, why not reject monthly allocations to your region, and tell your leaders to do the needful instead of constituting nuisance everywhere. So you want to troop to other region and still want biafra. 2faced people
Unmannered silly comments,reject monthly allocation in one Nigeria, why not the FG stop killing them and allow Biafrans to have self determination, so that they can forge ahead with their policy.
[/b]You have no concrete something to say[b],that is why you are insulting with fowl smelly words,get a life cheesy cheesy sad cool
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
na who know this man,wetin be im name again? Webo alomo bitters
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Duru1(m): 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
matrixme:
Some people just open their mouths and spill rubbish. The recession must be really eating deep into brains these days. After all the richest man in the country today is an Hausa man. You igbos hate yourselves and you think everyone project the same feeling towards you. There is barely any community today that doesn't allow an Igbo person to do business freely. Do we have to lay our lives down for you to prove a point? Well, I'm not like the idealistic young man who set himself on fire for Biafra's cause. Such a shame we got to know in 2016

How many became rich with only twenty (20) Naira and without the nepotistic indulgence of the so-called federal republic of Nigeria?
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by CandyDiamond(f): 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
adimsmt:

I am Igbo, I disagree with mightyhazell about Igbo leadership, because even if will get Igbo president today he/she will still work with the same old people unless Nigeria is restructured please, but Mr Rockhard, yes SE states may not be among the 5 economic contributors in Nigeria as you said, but that is not the way to measure the contributions made by the Igbos in Nigeria. The Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria that in reality practice one Nigeria you may disagree with me but that is the truth and nothing but the truth. They are the only people that go in any part of this country called Nigeria help in the development of any area they found themselves no other tribes does that in Nigeria. The Yorubas will come to the SE do business at the end of the day he/she will repatriate their profit back to their respective states likewise the Hausas. Igbos will establish businesses, buy lands and build houses and the Igbos are well endowed with human resources and that is why about 80% of Igbo wealth are outside of the SE. Mr Rockhard, have ever sit down and imagine if just 50% of Igbo's investments in Nigeria go back to SE, just 50%. We as people are to blame for not investing at least 60% of our wealth in our area me included . Igbos have the highest percentage of middle class "ratio of the population" There is a reason for that.
[/b]Well said[b], Igbos believe in fairness, equity and true justice, they believe in one Nigeria which allow freedom of movement, Igbos are good in trade and commerce but when they migrate to bring expertise to less competitive areas of Nigeria they will begin to do well and that bring about envy and bitterness from the region they reside.For example Lagos,Igbos came with their money and invest it,build trade fair complex,ladipo market, Alaba international, computer village etc,yet those who see theirself as host are not happy

4 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by bizza45: 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
damn I have never seen such hatred like this in my life b4, people wey suppose dey do beta things with their life, will come and dash seun money on Nairaland and still insult demselves
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by kettle84(m): 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
RockHard:

Yeah, and yet since independence no single SE state is even mentioned among the top 5 economic contributors in Nigeria alone, not to talk of Africa. Doesn't charity begin at home again?? I think what you meant to say is that Nigeria will become the drug-trafficking capital of the world within 5 years. cheesy Sometimes I wonder the kind of egbo some of you smoke before typing. lol
IMO and Abia are oil and gas producing states.

Anambra is the number one state with the highest number of indigenous industries in Nigeria.

Ebonyi is the number one rice producing state of all time in Nigeria .

Enugu state is the home of hospitality and serenity in Nigeria.

we have made giant strides out of the ashes of war and genocide in just 40yrs and counting to be the envy of our detractors.

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by kettle84(m): 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
sade1994:
Dumb thread
As long as you depend on the oil in Abia and imo, as well as igbo speaking areas they have the right to move anywhere and get allocations.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by kettle84(m): 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
mandarin:

Absolutely, the very people you can look up to as a pointer to younger generations harbor unbelievable resentments, this outburst is inimical to national developments. I wonder if ethnicity can ever be reduced to minimal levels with these kind of talk by such important citizens.
If I can take a little time to consider his position, Prof and co-travelers want other groups to fold their arms, allow his group to lead in every sphere throwing competition into the mud. Every other group should submit to their political will.
I've heard loads of complaints of neglects of the region as if the Southeast isn't receiving federal allocations like every other states.
These complaints are getting too much
it is getting to much to you because you enjoy seeing your region receive federal roads directly from federal ministry of works courtesy of the proceeds from resources from another man's backyard.

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by kettle84(m): 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
drnoel:

Pls name atleast 10 igbo honest politicians. If u can't find one u can add names from south south too.
if the answer to this question is yes then you deserve an answer to your question.

Are the following politicians honest
OBASANJO
Demeji bankole
TINUBU
Fashola
Olabode George
Gbenga Daniel
musiliu obanikoro
Alao Akala
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Chukazu: 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
stinechykee:
See them another Afonja bearing Igbo name on the loose

I do not "speak for an applause, i speak for posterity "
I don't dabble in frivolity that are tantamount to witch-hunt...have a nice day!
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by ElsonMorali: 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

Look, I'm not here to argue forth and back with you, I only asked you to provide where you got your statistics from or did you pull it out from dirty azz? I think you're the person who has failed to comprehend a simple logic. The conclusion I made was dreaming from your inference that there are more Igbos in Yoruba states than there are in Igbo land. So, it's logical that there will also be more Igbos than Yorubas in Yoruba land since most Southwest states have almost similar population figures with Southeast states. I took time to break it down for you because I noticed you are limited intellectually.

Neither am I interested in a back and forth with you.

But since you have eye problem, here's a quote from my post.

Are you aware there are almost as many Igbos in Yoruba land than there are in Igbo land itself

I'll leave you who are "intellectually unlimited" to figure it out. Take your time and seek for help from others.
Oh by the way, in the process you may wanna pick up a dictionary from your local bookstore and check out the meaning of rhetorics.

...you are welcome. smiley

1 Like

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by nworanco(m): 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=RockHard post=51644791]

Yeah, and yet since independence no single SE state is even mentioned among the top 5 economic contributors in Nigeria alone, not to talk of Africa. Doesn't charity begin at home again?? I think what you meant to say is that Nigeria will become the drug-trafficking capital of the world within 5 years. cheesy Sometimes I wonder the kind of egbo some of you smoke before typing. lol[/quote

Efulefe, do u red the Pro. Nebo statement very well ? He said eighty % of Igbo people's wealth are outside Igboland and this is exactly why the reasons he clamours for those wealth that made Lagos , Abuja, kano etc what they are today to be returned back to Igboland.
Get that knocked into ur empty skull.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Horlufemi(m): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
SharkTank:

Yorubas do not care about a corruption free govt. What they care about is position and appointment and that was the beef they had with GEJ forgetting that it was Tambuwal,, a Northerner that circumvented the system and forced himself into a position that was reserved for Yorubas. That said, through the years, Nigeria has gotten its reputation as a corrupt nation and all through that time, it was Yoruba nad Hausas that were ruling, Igbos never ruled. Corruption flourished under Yorubas and Hausas. Under OBJ a yoruba man, Nigerians assets were sold fraudulently, there was the Halliburton scam and even the Ota farm of OBJ is said to be a govt farm which he commandeered for himself

Yeah right, like SW people voted for OBJ. They don't like the man of you must know. Like I said it's a moral thing. I don't like OBJ, his party PDP and anything associated with PDP.

If you can quote me well I said most

How can you be in a country of many cultures and not be represented. That ain't right. I am still hoping for an Igbo president till today.

Anyways, We need to come together and fight against mediocre government in whatever form. We need to rid Nigeria of corruption we'll be better for it.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
... Greatness and industry runs in the average life of an igbo person. Great tribe, great people, great cuisine and great culture.

3 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by drnoel: 9:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
kettle84:
if the answer to this question is yes then you deserve an answer to your question.

Are the following politicians honest
OBASANJO
Demeji bankole
TINUBU
Fashola
Olabode George
Gbenga Daniel
musiliu obanikoro
Alao Akala

All dishonest men. Now name the igbo ones?
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by 0xtr100r: 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
Olabestonic001:
But, do you guys really believe that thrash you wrote up there? Which region was better before Nzeogwu and his ilks truncated our regional system? I can tell you authoritatively that most of your fathers were only fortunate to go to school due to Awo's free education. In all honesty, you guys are suffering from acute megalomania. You all needs to stop the blame game and bulldoze your way to victory.

I quite understand that you hail from a disgruntled tribe filled with bitterness and animosity towards other people. Your tribe boast of being 'sophisticated' and educated than other tribes in Nigeria yet you're deludedly being led sheepishly by an internationally acclaimed drug peddler cum treasury looter.

The reckless manner you lots are wont to rant carelessly on virtually every available media space shows that the much hyped Awo's free education was in vain.
To be frank, you and your fellow gullible kinsmen are simply bunch of integrity-challenged charlatans suffering from chronic cerebral amnesia.

Take your hypocrisy to OduaArewanistan republic. Igbos don't need you and all you ever stand for in life and hereafter.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by tit(f): 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
What did this nebo do for yeebhoe when he was minister?
Did he even help his brother?
Who e epp?
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by femolii: 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
Nebo or what did u call your self you are refferring to the comment of oba of lagos, ok what about the comment of that your useless kanu against the yorubas, what did u have to say about that nebo tell ur people to quite if their tired, useless nebo.
Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by PDJT: 10:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
me69:
Look, Igbo's have have to forgot all that nonsense about being superior to others and people envying them. That couldn't more far from the truth. Nobody is jealous of Igbo's.FACT!!!! When I hear all that I sometimes feel like if these people were White, they will be more racist than the White racist people or the Zionist Jews. Sad that we have people like this is our country.

Listen to this conversation at the Hoover institute, US, with Dr. Thomas Sowell.
Start from 11:50, if you can't afford to listen to it's all (15mins clip).
Or you can get the book - " Intellectuals and Race".
Dr. Sowell made several references about the advancement of Igbos in Nigeria against all odds. He compared the Igbos' situation in Nigeria to the Chinese in Malaysia.
Get the book, you won't regret it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ESlS2jrhXY

2 Likes

Re: Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development by winj: 12:29am On Dec 06, 2016
CandyDiamond:

grin grin grin grin grin grin,[/b]you are obviously facing frustration in your life[b],get your life back man shocked shocked shocked shocked

coming from a monkey like you? no chance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Photo Of President Buhari Picking His Teeth / Buhari Speaks With Fati Attahiru, Spouses Of Other Fallen Officers / Obiano Likely To Decamp To APC If He Wins & After Swearing In - Aye Dee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.