Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Oh Africa My Motherland! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oh Africa My Motherland! (379 Views)

Oh My Home, Dino Melaye Sings Passionately For PDP (VIDEO) / Reasons Why We Should Be Proud Of Nigeria Our Motherland / Oh Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oh Africa My Motherland! by Gazzy88(m): 7:13am On Dec 05, 2016
This particular piece is for the discerned and for those that think with their mind and not their eyes. While fiddling with the internet some days back searching for 2 things: inspiration & quality;I came across some wonderful engineering feats which left my mouth agape. Is it the Water bridge in Germany that isn't a notable feat to notify or the underwater Railway system in Austria? So many mouth-watering constructions occupies the West and China. The question that greeted me was... where is Africa? Moving away from brick and mortar construct, I swerved to the US to glance through the Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley is the world's capital for Tech- based companies. Google,EBay, Amazon,Instagra m,Whatsapp,Snapchat etc have their corporate offices situated there. My sojourn also took me to the Wall Street in New York where all the permutations of the world economy is being played out. Fortune-500 companies got their base in the Wall Street. The essence of my exploits was to find out what make those climes special than us. Where did we get it all wrong? Leadership? Political formations? Citizenry consciousness? Lack of critical evaluations? World over, no country has been developed waiting for foreigners to do the job for them. Within leads to without. Africans are the only solution to Africa problems. Expecting the West to help in formulating a synergy to grow Africa is another colonialism in the making. West can't understand Africa more than we do. Dubai,China, Japan,Singapore lend credence to my assertions. These nations picked their pieces and make a sensible puzzle. Almost everyone wants to visit those aforementioned countries. We can make Africa attractive as well if only we want to. I'm tired of hearing stories about Africans doing odd jobs abroad when we have abundant resources back home. Lebanese,chinese,Indians are everywhere in Africa. What do you think they are looking for? Let's start thinking aright. I'm Gbenga Amos and I'm just trying to make a little sense.

(1) (Reply)

Tuc Lauds Senate For Voting To Abolish State Local Govt Joint Account / Benue State Governor Employs Daughter Of His Staff Who Died In Church Collapes / Bob Marley And The Wailing Wailers, By Simon Kolawole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.