Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar (37779 Views)

How To Spend 4 Days & 3 Nights On The Obudu Mountains / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) / PICTURES: All About The OBUDU Mountain Resort, Nigeria.(you Should See!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by CertifiedNaija(m): 7:33am On Dec 05, 2016
Obudu Mountain Resort formerly known as the Obudu Cattle Ranch is a ranch and resort on the Obudu Plateau in Cross River State, Nigeria.

It was developed in 1951 by Mr. McCaughley, a Scot who first explored the mountain ranges in 1949.

He camped on the mountaintop of the Oshie Ridge on the Sankwala Mountains for a month before returning with Mr. Hugh Jones a fellow rancher who, in 1951, together with Dr Crawfeild developed the Obudu Cattle Ranch.

Although the ranch has been through troubles since, it has very recently been rehabilitated to its former glory. A recently added cable car from the base to the top of the plateau gives visitors a scenic view while bypassing the extremely winding road to the top.

Obudu Mountain Resort is a nature lover’s perfect paradise.
The much best time to visit is October to February, when the flowers are in bloom, the sky is clear and the air is cool.

This is ideal weather for trekking over the high ground and enjoy the extensive views that stretch out across the plateau.

http://www.certifiednaija.com/2016/12/never-seen-before-photos-of-obudu.html?m=1

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by CertifiedNaija(m): 7:34am On Dec 05, 2016
More photos

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by olatorich(m): 7:37am On Dec 05, 2016
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Teniolasmart: 8:24am On Dec 05, 2016
wow ........................every beautiful
going there to chyke babes

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 05, 2016
I plan visiting this place soon...who wanna go with me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Nutase: 8:35am On Dec 05, 2016
worworgirl:
mi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 05, 2016
Nutase:
mi
Guys only wink
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Nutase: 8:39am On Dec 05, 2016
worworgirl:
Guys only wink
angry why?? ?
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by sahapost: 8:45am On Dec 05, 2016
worworgirl:
I dey for your back already... Oya, make we start dey go wink ..lol
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Aminat508(f): 11:07am On Dec 05, 2016
undecided grin
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 05, 2016
Cant they do proper advert on Nairaland for the holiday's
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 05, 2016
cool
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Pavore9: 11:08am On Dec 05, 2016
We need to vigorously market our tourist destinations to Nigerians and foreigners.

11 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by ERONX(m): 11:09am On Dec 05, 2016
Nice, but ain't cool enough.
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 05, 2016
This is beautiful
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 05, 2016
worworgirl:
Guys only wink

Tah you too worski carry your pet instead,cos even lesbian no go follow u
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by donsteady(m): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2016
nothing new
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by sixbon2000(m): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2016
How recent are these pics? I was there two years ago and the cable cars weren't working

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by 50shot(m): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2016
these obudu cattle ranch sef is overhyped has the op visited daura cattle ranch bubus ranch

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Suntemi(m): 11:11am On Dec 05, 2016
worworgirl:
Guys only wink

U dey find mumu that will pay abi?

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by sdavirus: 11:11am On Dec 05, 2016
worworgirl:

All dressed and packed. What's with the hold up? smiley
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by ifyalways(f): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2016
Nice but over priced.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by meezynetwork(m): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2016
Obudu mountain resort is deteriorating. The facilities there is becoming outdated and the patronage is very low.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by kniru: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2016
where is the picture of the cattle? abi dem don chop am finish?
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 05, 2016
worworgirl:
Guys only wink

Does this mean yua looking for mugu to chop Ham not hunderstanding undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Pavore9: 11:16am On Dec 05, 2016
Keneking:
Cant they do proper advert on Nairaland for the holiday's

Even on TV stations! Unfortunately it is not our thing. Here in Kenya, beach resorts and tour companies have since October been bombarding the newspapers, radio and TV stations with one offer or the other for the holidays.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by pythonkid(m): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2016
a
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by eezeribe(m): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2016
Op, get your facts right. Obudu mountain resort is in Obudu, not calabar.

Calabar is the capital of cross river state, and Obudu is a local government area in cross river state.

From Calabar to Obudu is at least a six hour journey... You would have to go through odukpani, Biase, yakur, Ikom, and finally Obudu.... And these LGA's are quite large cos the state is one of the largest in southern Nigeria.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by wristbangle: 11:22am On Dec 05, 2016
worworgirl:

When are u going? Hope no be maga u dey find so? shocked

Between the publicity, awareness and adverts of our tourism centres (resorts, game reserves and others) in Nigeria is a far cry compare to other neighbouring countries like Kenya, SA, etc.

Just look at the revenue wasting away from poor publicity of this beautiful national park as we fail to harness the full potential of our resources instead focusing on trips to dubai, shanghai, miami, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by olaolulazio(m): 11:23am On Dec 05, 2016
Classy!
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Emescot(m): 11:24am On Dec 05, 2016
Mehn i must go to calabar one diz days, beautiful place
Re: Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 05, 2016
greg42:

Does this mean yua looking for mugu to chop Ham not hunderstanding undecided undecided
No
sdavirus:

All dressed and packed. What's with the hold up? smiley
I'm getting dressed, hold on a bit
Suntemi:

U dey find mumu that will pay abi?
Park for where fit you
justscorchone:

Tah you too worski carry your pet instead,cos even lesbian no go follow u
mumu dey flow for your blood stream ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Pics: The Days Of The Molue / 2 Die In An Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Graphic Pictures / Relocating To Kazakhstan..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.