Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,975 members, 7,799,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (681027 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by seuncyrus(m): 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Lorax:
Yes we all know that the materialistic nature of a lot of girls in Nigeria is disgraceful. But please don't pretend like guys in Nigeria don't also act in a disgraceful way towards those that have travelled out of Nigeria. That's the Nigerian way, they feel that once you are out of Nigeria you have made it. We are a product of our environment.
For those saying that Nigerian girls have low mentality, point of correction majority of Nigerians(men and women) living in have a low mentality. You think a Nigerian girl outside Nigeria will want a Nigerian man? Sorry it goes both ways. This country is messed up.

Very True...I don't want to go spiritual but I have to make reference to a preaching by Pastor Mensah otabil on mindsets. He said everyone is a product of "world views " , if you are a Nigerian , there's a way u see the world whether differently from someone who is from another country... the way an american will view issues relating to politics ,dating , religion etc is completely different from the way a Nigerian will view these things. ....we are all product of world views.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
seuncyrus:

Very True...I don't want to go spiritual but I have to make reference to a preaching by Pastor Mensah otabil on mindsets. He said everyone is a product of "world views " , if you are a Nigerian , there's a way u see the world whether differently from someone who is from another country... the way an american will view issues relating to politics ,dating , religion etc is completely different from the way a Nigerian will view these things. ....we are all product of world views.

You have a point

But the mentality there in Nigeria is too bad tho
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ugosample:

You have a point

extremely bad bra
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by seuncyrus(m): 12:01am On Jul 22, 2017
Ugosample:

You have a point

Toooo bad , and one of the things that make it "badder" than it should is the way we make every wrong doing on this planet earth look right. That's why I don't blame people like the Op that left uni to start allover in america.... when you live in a chaotic/disorderly environment for too long ...it builds your culture ...same thing when you live in an orderly society

Let's not spoil this beautiful thread with Naija talks grin

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2017
Bossman:
Yup! Renewed yearly. That's one of the way they maintain the good roads here, etc. For a regular car here in Illinois it's $108 yearly. Multiply that by the millions of cars on the road.

$108 shocked
I paid about $40 here in Tennessee
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2017
OluDare01:

$108 shocked
I paid about $40 here in Tennessee

Guy so u dey Yankee?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
Frank you no go kill person with laffffff enh .....
FrankNetter:

No mind them, they think we pick money on the ground here. That's why I called them sugar ants and not gold diggers. Sugar ants don't mind how small the sugar is. To them, all sugar na sugar.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
tescoman90:

Guy so u dey Yankee?
lol I don almost clock one year for here o.
It's been 11 months and 2 weeks

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Bossman(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
Sorry. I'm not sure I understand your question.

otokx:

Do they have a separate vehicle license?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
OluDare01:

lol I don almost clock one year for here o.
It's been 11 months and 2 weeks

When are you giving me a ride in your 2015 honda accord EX abi you think say i no know as e dey go?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
lionlee216:

When are you giving me a ride in your 2015 honda accord EX abi you think say i no know as e dey go?
No be 2015, na 2018 grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by electronic(m): 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
OluDare01:

No be 2015, na 2018 grin
Issokay
I dey look una...

A beg how much be student Honda price?
Something Affordable...
grin

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by femiAkinwumi: 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
Slam dunk! ! You said it all... He has more personal issues eating him up...

sirRiddy:
Baba park well joor lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
So because someone who is a Nigerian rapes your wife, all
Nigerians you meet or hear about are potential rapists. Can you see your folly?
You can decide to be patriotic or not, I am not going to hold you for that.
What I will not accept is your 2-year-old-like thinking of disparaging others
for their nationality or religion or any other kind of affiliation because of what others did.
People like you are the problem with America, Nigeria and the world. Your haughtiness
stinks to the heavens and you need a reality check. Apparently, you have learned nothing
here in America. Just because you have a better standard of living now, the beast in you
cannot be tamed again. Yes, many Nigerians are lazy. Many Nigerians are criminals.
But so are many other nationalities too including Americans. Also, there are many hardworking
and good natured people from Nigeria. Stop this crass display of backwardness and get in line.
I really thought you were just passionate but it is obvious you have real issues to deal with.
Bigotry and ignorance.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by abduldope(m): 10:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
FrankNetter:
Sugar ants

It's when you become successful (or enter yankee and upload some pictures on social media) you'll realize why some ladies are tagged "sugar ants".

Don't get me wrong, some people are indeed honorable , but honestly, this has to be said. Some nigerian ladies have no shame, like I said in my previous post, ladies in nigeria find it hard to approach a guy first, I guess I was wrong. Some of them even go as far as sending you nudes in a bid to start up conversation. I'm thinking of deleting my Facebook account, but no, I won't let them bully me with their nude pictures.

Even the ones that were forming virgin when I was in nigeria, have started promising me pvssy, that I should come back to nigeria to see them. Each time they ask "when are you coming back?" My reply is "to do what?" grin so because you promised me pvssy, I should enter plane and start flying back to nigeria? grin pvssy no dey yankee? grin

Una dey find who una go use pregnancy and juju to tie down. God forbid bad thing. angry
Lwkmd savage you are Bro

No.CHILL lol

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
electronic:

Issokay
I dey look una...

A beg how much be student Honda price?
Something Affordable...
grin
you can get a good deal with between 2500 to 4k

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
Chai, I just decided to take a nap. what did I miss

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by electronic(m): 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
OluDare01:

you can get a good deal with between 2500 to 4k
Noted
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
electronic:

Noted
Good cars dey NY,NJ side, you can check craiglist
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by realestniggah: 12:42am On Jul 23, 2017
One day I will visit america ..That my dream

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by vickertony(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2017
OluDare01:
$108 shocked I paid about $40 here in Tennessee
What part of Tennessee Boss? Memphis?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2017
vickertony:

What part of Tennessee Boss? Memphis?
Cookeville
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
OluDare01:

Cookeville

Bros na Sch U dey?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 12:06am On Jul 24, 2017
yeah
tescoman90:

Bros na Sch U dey?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hushee(m): 9:16am On Jul 24, 2017
FrankNetter:
Settling in

As a fairly good-looking fella, when i went to church last Sunday, i was getting lots of stares from the females. grin grin

ha! where do i start from?? so much has happened this week.
=============================================================================

the weather has gone from bad to worse; my cousins who have been warning us about how cold chicago gets werent joking at all. If someone had told me that you would not feel the warmth of the sun even when its up there shinning down at you, I wouldnt have believed. grin

Some days back, i woke up around 8:00am (or so), peeked out the window, saw the sun up and blazing. It snowed the night before and I thought it would be nice to open up the garage door and shovel the driveway while wearing just my boxer shorts and one polo grin grin grin grin grin

kai! As I opened up the garage door, the cold hit me like a trailer! in my haste to run back inside, i even left the garage door open. grin grin
had to go back inside and dress like an eskimo for the task at hand.

================================================================================

the other day, I, my siblings and my cousins went sight-seeing. towards the evening, we drove past one nice neighborhood where almost all the houses were beautifully decorated with christmas lights. I was just thinking in my mind that these people dont know what to use money for grin grin

I don even miss many sweet parts before, I'm starting from the first page this time around. I think Frank is always busy these days.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by streetsalad: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2017
OluDare01:

Good cars dey NY,NJ side, you can check craiglist
Very confirmed Bro!!!
But the prices dey fear me. shocked
How do you move the cars my place far ohh

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ichommy(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
KillerFrost:
Page 1-98 in 24hrs

pheeeeeeew!

All i can say is yankee must be the heaven we read about in the Bible!.... God willing we'll get there! Oh-bi grin well done!

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Oloniyan(m): 11:54am On Jul 25, 2017
OluDare01:
Cookeville

please I just Pmed you.... I wish to clarify some things about ESTU from you
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:58am On Jul 26, 2017
grin who goes there?

9 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 4:18am On Jul 26, 2017
streetsalad:

Very confirmed Bro!!!
But the prices dey fear me. shocked
How do you move the cars my place far ohh
what part of America are you?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 4:18am On Jul 26, 2017
Oloniyan:

please I just Pmed you.... I wish to clarify some things about ESTU from you
I replied your pm but I don't school at ETSU
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by slendxy: 9:02am On Jul 26, 2017
FrankNetter:
grin who goes there?
O na eje o na ewe ndi nche iwe. Ok bye

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by vague: 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2017
Playa0ne:

The grass is not entirely greener anywhere, but then you can never understand till you relocate. Goodbye boy cool
share your own failures so we can understand you better

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.