Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,651 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? (1318 Views)

Help! My Business Name Is Already In Existence In Another Country, What Do I Do? / How Can I Send Money To Venezuela / Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by theguvnor: 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
To cut the story short, I need to send money to someone who is not in Nigeria. I've been to over 20 banks they all say they've exceeded their outbound limit of western union, RIA and money gram.

What do I do?
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by Zdoh(m): 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
theguvnor:
To cut the story short, I need to send money to someone who is not in Nigeria. I've been to over 20 banks they all say they've exceeded their outbound limit of western union, RIA and money gram.

What do I do?
How much do you want to send? I can help you But through e-currency, you can reach me on Whatsapp 08088759163. A
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by theguvnor: 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
Zdoh:
How much do you want to send? I can help you But through e-currency, you can reach me on Whatsapp 08088759163. A

Bitcoin? The person is not tech savvy.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
Talk to your accounts officer. They haven't exceeded any limit, they have reserved the foreign money for special customers. You could also pay the money to your alternative account and send the ATM CARD to the person in that country so they can withdraw the money using your card. That's what I did anyway.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by Zdoh(m): 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
theguvnor:

Ok which country is he/her?
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by theguvnor: 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
Zdoh:
Ok which country is he/her?
Ethiopia
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by theguvnor: 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
Dreamwaker:
Talk to your accounts officer. They haven't exceeded any limit, they have reserved the foreign money for special customers. You could also pay the money to your alternative account and send the ATM CARD to the person in that country so they can withdraw the money using your card. That's what I did anyway.

Thanks for the quick reply. Please what's an alternative account.

Also my brother works in the bank, he said there's a new CBN policy that you must have 16 inbound transaction for 1 outbound transaction. And they already have over 100 people on the waiting list
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
theguvnor:

Thanks for the quick reply. Please what's an alternative account.

Also my brother works in the bank, he said there's a new CBN policy that you must have 16 inbound transaction for 1 outbound transaction. And they already have over 100 people on the waiting list

An alternative account is when you have more than one bank account. For example, you have accounts with GTB, UBA and FCMB. GTB could be the one you use the most and the others are just accounts you opened because one fine girl came to you as a marketer to open account. Now you might now have lots of cash in the other two accounts because you don't use them often so if you transfer the money that you want to send to this account and spend the ATM card to the person by DHL, then they can use the card you send to withdraw. I know GTB reduced their oversea spending limit to 100 dollars a while ago, I don't know if they have reverted it.

I know that waiting list is protocol but these bankers know how to send money without following the waiting list protocol.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by theguvnor: 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
Dreamwaker:

An alternative account is when you have more than one bank account. For example, you have accounts with GTB, UBA and FCMB. GTB could be the one you use the most and the others are just accounts you opened because one fine girl came to you as a marketer to open account. Now you might now have lots of cash in the other two accounts because you don't use them often so if you transfer the money that you want to send to this account and spend the ATM card to the person by DHL, then they can use the card you send to withdraw. I know GTB reduced their oversea spending limit to 100 dollars a while ago, I don't know if they have reverted it.

I know that waiting list is protocol but these bankers know how to send money without following the waiting list protocol.

Yeah. I think the ATM is what I'll use. Thanks bro
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by Mille: 5:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
theguvnor:

Yeah. I think the ATM is what I'll use. Thanks bro

That person will be stranded the same way I am stranded.

No withdrawals on foreign ATM with Nigerian Debit Cards. At least, I'm sure of GTB and First Bank.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by ehisdan(m): 6:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
I am having the same problem as Op. Pls who knows how to deposit into neteller account. ATM method is not working.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by theguvnor: 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mille:

That person will be stranded the same way I am stranded.

No withdrawals on foreign ATM with Nigerian Debit Cards. At least, I'm sure of GTB and First Bank.

O boi!
So how did you get funds or plan to get funds.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by Pavore9: 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
theguvnor:

O boi!
So how did you get funds or plan to get funds.

I have 3 different bank cards here in Nairobi but no withdrawal!

Your person there should look out for Nigerians who wants Naira back home that is how many Nigerians in Kenya are coping.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by DonX001: 7:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
theguvnor:

What of using Paypal or Skrill, those ones are not as 'esoteric' as bitcoin to a non-techy user, and you could easily give them instructions on how to sign up, and then send the money to them through that.

But you'll need to find out whether they can receive Paypal/Skrill payments in Ethiopia though.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by theguvnor: 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pavore9:

I have 3 different bank cards here in Nairobi but no withdrawal!

Your person there should look out for Nigerians who wants Naira back home that is how many Nigerians in Kenya are coping.

Na wa o! Thanks for the reply bro.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by Pavore9: 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
theguvnor:

Na wa o! Thanks for the reply bro.

You are welcome.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by theguvnor: 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
DonX001:

What of using Paypal or Skrill, those ones are not as 'esoteric' as bitcoin to a non-techy user, and you could easily give them instructions on how to sign up, and then send the money to them through that.

But you'll need to find out whether they can receive Paypal/Skrill payments in Ethiopia though.

I was going to use Skrill, then he told me Internet has been blocked in Ethiopia.

It's year 2016 and governments can still wake up and block people's Internet.

I told him to go to the embassy so they'll advice him on what to do.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by DonX001: 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
theguvnor:

I was going to use Skrill, then he told me Internet has been blocked in Ethiopia.

It's year 2016 and governments can still wake up and block people's Internet.

I told him to go to the embassy so they'll advice him on what to do.

Internet blocked ke??
I thought its only places like North Korea and some crazy communist countries that would do that kind of stuff.
Na wa o!!!
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by theguvnor: 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
DonX001:

Internet blocked ke??
I thought its only places like North Korea and some crazy communist countries that would do that kind of stuff.
Na wa o!!!

Just Google Ethiopia Internet and see.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by DonX001: 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
theguvnor:

Just Google Ethiopia Internet and see.

Just googled it...wow! Those guys don mad o!

Wish you all the best in sending money across then. Hope you get a viable method ASAP.
Re: Help! How Do I Send Money To Someone In Another Country? by Zdoh(m): 8:30am On Dec 06, 2016
ehisdan:
I am having the same problem as Op. Pls who knows how to deposit into neteller account. ATM method is not working.
I can funds your neteller account, all i need is your neteller e-mail Id. Message me on whatspp 08088759163.

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Ponzi Scheme And Network Marketing. / Billionaire Ahmadu Chanchangi Is Dead / How To Send Personalized Bulk SMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.