Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) (64496 Views)

Soldier: The Python We Killed At Front Line Today / See The Big Snake A Lady Killed In Her Farm (Photos) / A Huge Python My Brother Killed In His Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by GossipHeart(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
hmmmm where did u see human blood? u be vampire?

Do you know what syringe is ??

Do you know that i can take my own blood using a syringe ??

How old are you ??

4 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Sanchez02: 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
stanlee303:

I believe you're wrong. It's a mamba
LOL... Trust me, the snake that was killed is a King Cobra. What you uploaded is a close shot of a black mamba, which tends to make it bigger than it is.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by stanlee303(m): 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
Cobras Have Hoods , that snake clearly doesn't.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by GossipHeart(m): 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sanchez02:

That's a King Cobra, and not black mamba. Black mamba in itself is not a black snake. More so, black Mambas don't grow to that massive extent. The yellow belly of this snake clearly tells you it's a King Cobra.
How old are you ??

Do you even know what king cobra is ??

In case you don't know, i will help you with the picture

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
Keneking:
*201 report on Snake death, 9 more to go before Year 2016 ends shocked shocked shocked

Who's keeping the statistic? shocked
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by tunjijones(m): 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
There was a story my mom told me abt dead snakes. She said she went to the farm with her dad many years ago.on getting to the farm d dad quickly spotted a snake which he killed without much stress. He cut the head of the snake separating the head from the rest of the body. They continued with their farm work till late in the evening. When they were abt leaving in the evening he remembered He had to bury the snake. As he took his cutlas to carry the head of the snake, it struck with anger and venom. Hitting my granddad on the hand. The head of the snake struck and stuck to his hand. If not for the timely intervention of the village haberlist the dead snake head wld have killed my granddad. Morals of the story is that some snakes are dangerous even when dead.

2 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by maj007(m): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
Melanogaster:
No, the snake is not poisonous, its called venomous. Olodo

Meanwhile, this topic wont make frontpage cool

You are the OLODO.

POISON is a synonym for VENOM.

2 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Polyestar(m): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sanchez02:

That's a King Cobra, and not black mamba. Black mamba in itself is not a black snake. More so, black Mambas don't grow to that massive extent. The yellow belly of this snake clearly tells you it's a King Cobra.
Where will you find King Cobra in Nigeria? Or even Africa? grin
King Cobra is found only in Southeastern Asia, especially India.

LOL! Maybe you don't know King Cobra is so big and poisonous it can kill and swallow a full-grown python, that's why you're comparing it with that small thing the Op is showing us.

3 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mikylopez:
dah girl tried ooo i cant touch a snake o I've never even seen a snake

You need to see one and overcome ur fear. Visit a zoo and glance at it from a distance first. smiley
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

The name of the snake is Black Mamba

You don't wanna come in contact with that evil

In 2009, i did an experiment with the poison extracted from it's mouth, i mixed it with human blood, the result was scary, in just 2 minutes, froze the blood
lol just because is snake is black doesn't mean it is a black. There are over 700 species of snakes worldwide, obviously this snake is not a black mamba. Just of drop of its venom can kill an entire football team. Inside of its mouth Is always black it is where it got it's name from, and it is known as the fastest snake in the world.

2 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by NovusHomo(m): 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
stanlee303:

I believe you're wrong. It's a mamba

A black mamba is not called this name because of its skin color. It is so called because the inside of its mouth is all black.

5 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Goahead(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mikylopez:
dah girl tried ooo i cant touch a snake o I've never even seen a snake
Some men do have nonvenomous snakes in between their legs, it'd be fun exploring them. Good luck dear
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
maxwell60:
lol just because is snake is black doesn't mean it is a black mamba moreover, black mamba are not even black . There are over 700 species of snakes worldwide, obviously this snake is not a black mamba. Just a drop of a mamba venom can kill an entire football team. Inside of its mouth Is always black it is where it got it's name from, and it is known as the fastest snake in the world.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Emmylo14(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
It's Cobra
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Omzie(m): 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
donfemo:

A bite even when dead??

Not a literal bite....what he means is that if your body comes in contact with the fangs (yeah i know the snake is dead) it will still release the same toxic poison it does as when alive

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Polyestar(m): 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
Here's how a King Cobra looks like. This is no photoshop!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4571585_images9_jpega2713086b7798d42474fb1a10bb59582
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
Looks like a black water snake. But these are endemic to North America, I have learnt. Many of them are not poisonous.

But dont go grabbing one of them to ask ''Mr Snake are you the poisonous or non poisonous type''?

If you see a snake, avoid it. Run away. Where there is no better option, Kill it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by stanlee303(m): 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
Polyestar:

Where will you find King Cobra in Nigeria? Or even Africa? grin
King Cobra is found only in Southeastern Asia, especially India.

LOL! Maybe you don't know King Cobra is so big and poisonous it can kill and swallow a full-grown python, that's why you're comparing it with that small thing the Op is showing us.

Abi oo
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by GossipHeart(m): 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
maxwell60:
lol just because is snake is black doesn't mean it is a black. There are over 700 species of snakes worldwide, obviously this snake is not a black mamba. Just of drop of its venom can kill an entire football team. Inside of its mouth Is always black it is where it got it's name from, and it is known as the fastest snake in the world.

Do you know what i studied in the university and what i do for a living ??

I will school you about snakes

2 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by johnsonjosbles(m): 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

Do you know what syringe is ??
Do you know that i can take my own blood using a syringe ??
How old are you ??
but u dnt say na ur own blood na, i'm 1yr old
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by sod09(m): 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sanchez02:

abi
d size is giving me headache
but there are no king cobra in africa

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Ladipodeal: 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
True life experience

A cobra was killed in our poultry way back. One of the men who were called to kill the cobra insisted they cut off the head completely before selling to the someone who showed interest. Don't know how the snake venom got into the guy trying to severe the head eyes .
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SIRmanjar(m): 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

In 2009, i did an experiment with the poison extracted from it's mouth, i mixed it with human blood, the result was scary, in just 2 minutes, froze the blood
Dat snake lookz more like a cobra.A relaxed cobra.Black mamba iz so rare to find here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by stanlee303(m): 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
OmaniPadmeHum:

Most likely a Black Water Snake (genus Nerodia). Many of them are not poisonous.

But dont go grabbing one of them to ask ''Mr Snake are you the poisonous or non poisonous type''?

If you see a snake, avoid it. Run away. Where there is no better option, Kill it.

Hydrous Genus Nerodias are only found in North America.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by GossipHeart(m): 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
SIRmanjar:

Dat snake lookz more like a cobra.A relaxed cobra.Black mamba iz so rare to find here in Nigeria.

You need to go back to school

West Africa is the home of black mambas

Kid, there are no cobras in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Tunjiife: 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pls das black mamba o
They should not play wt its fangs{teeth} o
It's deadly even when dead...
I min it stil retains its poisons even when dead....

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by sod09(m): 4:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
SIRmanjar:

black mamba are more Dan cobra in nigeria
check d head well
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by balanceofterror1(m): 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mattkent:

You need to see one and overcome ur fear. Visit a zoo and glance at it from a distance first. smiley

How can you tell someone who's in Nigeria to visit a zoo, is there any other zoo than....

3 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by stanlee303(m): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

I guess we are the only ones here that know what type of snake that is angry
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by jahrule: 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

You know next to nothing, Cobras are everywhere in Nigeria while you hardly come across black mambas. stop typing wrong thing confidently, for the fact that you write confidently doesn`t mean you know what you are talking about.

4 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

In 2009, i did an experiment with the poison extracted from it's mouth, i mixed it with human blood, the result was scary, in just 2 minutes, it froze the blood

And for the people saying that it's a king cobra, how old are you guys ?? Even a 4 year old kid can tell you how cobras look like but you guys stupidity is amazing

Cobras have flat hooded heads

There are no cobras in Nigeria

The only cobra you will find in Africa is the black-necked spitting cobra, and it's only in Mozambique

The second picture i will attach is how a cobra looks like

Cobras only show their hoods when threatened and ready to launch an attack, otherwise,they are nearly similar...

Don't degrade anybody's opinion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SIRmanjar(m): 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

Na oga scientizt u nid to go back to school.They ar mostly found in d eastern ad southern part of Africa.They are very few in d west .

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice / Man Dies In Car Accident In Asaba, Three Days After His Wedding (Photos) / Big Snake Seen Inside A Toilet (WC) In Ekpoma, Edo State (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.