Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

What I Saw In The Bible Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Saw In The Bible Today (1017 Views)

Fufeyin: I Saw The Death Of Abba Kyari, Prayed About It But It's The Will Of God / Have You Read Your Bible Today? / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw In The Bible Today by shortgun(m): 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
I will like pastors, Bible students, theologians to explain this verse I came across in the Bible today to me.

Proverbs 22:16
Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.

The part where it says whoever gives to the Rich will be poor

Does that mean as Christians we should not give gifts to the Rich?

Note: This is not a thread to show ur hatred for Christianity or Talk bad about the Bible.
Thank you.
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by menxer: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

That verse is outdated, now we are told to give to the rich (especially pastors) to tap into wealth. grin

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by psucc(m): 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
Why give to the rich if not in anticipation for a clap back?

The poor will only pray for you and do not have the wherewithal to repay your gestures. This is where the blessing lies.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by dkronicle(m): 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
try to understand. it means that who ever oppresses the poor*steal from the poor* and give what he steals from the poor to d rich will meet poverty. those guys dat have rich godfada dat tells dem to xtract from a poor man for them.. not who just give to d rich. didnt Jesus Christ healed a centurion kini.

3 Likes

Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by oluwalfa: 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
Yahweh is god of confusion. His son said that "to those who have, more will be given".

Please come to Satan today for real Salvation.
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by shortgun(m): 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
menxer:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

That verse is outdated, now we are told to give to the rich (especially pastors) to tap into wealth. grin
I don't think any verse in the should be outdated
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by sweettease(f): 7:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
One fact about life, people usually give to those that already have. My friend had a baby in a primary health Centre this year and her husband gave all staffs on duty some cash to show gratitude, when she was about leaving, she said they gave her a package that the govt sent to be given to all women who delivers there, it contained rice, garri, maggi, etc. but the woman who delivered before her and couldn't pay the 2k delivery fee was treated harshly and when the neighbour finally paid the fee, she left and she wasn't given the package. She needed it more but it was being given to people like my friend who didn't even use it at last.

We give more expensive things to the rich to impress them but tend to overlook the poor that needs them. In summary, it's sad but in this world, nothing goes for nothing. I think this is a type of giving to the rich we tend to overlook. The becoming poor of course is not always a literal wealth.
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by shortgun(m): 7:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
psucc:
Why give to the rich if not in anticipation for a clap back?

The poor will only pray for you and do not have the wherewithal to repay your gestures. This is where the blessing lies.
Makes sense....but there are instances where people brought gifts to the rich in the Bible
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by oluwalfa: 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
sweettease:
One fact about life, people usually give to those that already have. My friend had a baby in a primary health Centre this year and her husband gave all staffs on duty some cash to show gratitude, when she was about leaving, she said they gave her a package that the govt sent to be given to all women who delivers there, it contained rice, garri, maggi, etc. but the woman who delivered before her and couldn't pay the 2k delivery fee was treated harshly and when the neighbour finally paid the fee, she left and she wasn't given the package. She needed it more but it was being given to people like my friend who didn't even use it at last.

We give me expensive things to the rich to impress them but tend to overlook the poor that needs them. In summary, it's sad but in this world, nothing goes for nothing.

Tell us something we don't know.
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by shortgun(m): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
dkronicle:
try to understand. it means that who ever oppresses the poor*steal from the poor* and give what he steals from the poor to d rich will meet poverty. those guys dat have rich godfada dat tells dem to xtract from a poor man for them.. not who just give to d poor. didnt Jesus Christ healed a centurion kini.
I don't think dats what the Bible is talking about here.
The verse is talking about two category of people who will become poor as a result of their actions.
1.People who oppress the poor to get their way
2,People who give to the Rich.

I am very concerned about this verse cos am amongst those who give to the Rich
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by shortgun(m): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
oluwalfa:
Yahweh is god of confusion. His son said that "to those who have, more will be given".

Please come to Satan today for real Salvation.
People like u should steer clear of this thread

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by funshint(m): 7:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
It's very simple and straight forward. U don't oppress pple to become rich. The consequences is grave. And to those that give to the rich with the ulterior motive of seeking one favour or the other(bribery) will also meet their nemesis.
*Everything depends on your motive.
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by shortgun(m): 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
funshint:
It's very simple and straight forward. U don't oppress pple to become rich. The consequences is grave. And to those that give to the rich with the ulterior motive of seeking one favour or the other(bribery) will also meet their nemesis.
*Everything depends on your motive.
Nothing was said about "motive" in the verse sire
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by oluwalfa: 8:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
shortgun:

People like u should steer clear of this thread

I am protected by His Mighty Powers.

children of yhwh have nothing on me
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
shortgun:
I will like pastors, Bible students, theologians to explain this verse I came across in the Bible today to me.

Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.

Note: This is not a thread to show ur hatred for Christianity or Talk bad about the Bible.
Thank you.

If you want only Christians to respond to you, edit your title and write *Christian's only* if not demons will invade your thread
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
shortgun:

Thank you.

Don't oppress the poor and collect what he has and give it to the rich - if you do this , you'll become poor . Pay attention to the commas
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by shortgun(m): 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Don't oppress the poor and collect what he has and give it to the rich - if you do this , you'll become poor . Pay attention to the commas
This not what the verse is talking about
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by oluwalfa: 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pidgin2:

If you want only Christians to respond to you, edit your title and write *Christian's only* if not demons will invade your thread

Demons have souls too.
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
shortgun:

This not what the verse is talking about

This simply means

Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth will only come to poverty

AND

Whoever oppresses the poor to give to the rich will only come to poverty

Is it now clear ? I just broke it down for you
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by OtemWonyahweh: 8:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
shortgun:

Thank you.

According to the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH

[Tabioth 13: 1-6 ]
:

Now when Oz returned from the earth to join the gods who were making findings deep in the universe, he said, it is the dark age upon the earth. For lies has been made to prevail on earth.
2. And both Satan and Lucifer are upon the earth to cover the faces of the homos with deceptions. And the poor are giving their little tokens and energies to the rich in sacrifices and in silver and gold.
3. And the poor are becoming poorer, yet they did not take the words of Solmani into thought; for Solmani had cursed any poor homo who gives to the rich.
4. Saying, cursed is the poor who gives the little he has to the rich and lacks more. But this is the thing which happens upon the face of the earth now.

5. Also, all the true histories of the world are being changed by the scribes of Satan who called the things that are not as if they are. They are the descendants of Yacob the deceiver. And they have made Satan their god appear as if he is the Almighty God.
6. And they have also made Solmani look like he was a worshipper of their god. For Solmani never bowed to Yahweh from the first day of his life to the last. But in the books which the scribes had written, they had made Solmani appear as a worshipper of Yahweh and all the kingdoms which heard about the exploits of Solmani said, we shall worship the god whom Solmani worshipped while he was alive.

I pity those who give pastors their monies in the name of giving to a god undecided

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by menxer: 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
shortgun:

I don't think any verse in the should be outdated

Sorry. What you think is inconsequential in the scheme of things, per how pastors decide to interpret the Bible in their churches.
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by menxer: 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This simply means

Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth will only come to poverty

AND

Whoever oppresses the poor to give to the rich will only come to poverty

Is it now clear ? I just broke it down for you

The confusion is with the word "oppress." many think only of the political class in that regard not the pastors who uses godly guise to oppress the poor.

Oppression can be in any form, the worst being mental/spiritual dressed in "righteousness, Vis a Vis, God loves a cheerful giver, Sow into the anointing for a break through, taking care of pastoral needs opens God's store house for you, etc
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by oluwalfa: 10:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
menxer:

The confusion is with the word "oppress." many think only of the political class in that regard not the pastors who uses godly guise to oppress the poor.

Oppression can be in any form, the worst being mental/spiritual dressed in "righteousness, Vis a Vis, God loves a cheerful giver, Sow into the anointing for a break through, taking care of pastoral needs opens God's store house for you, etc

see them.
Re: What I Saw In The Bible Today by ScienceWatch: 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
shortgun:

Nothing was said about "motive" in the verse sire
Hi guys, is this thread about what I saw in the bible today?

ok. Here is what I saw in the bible today - Can you help explain verse Jon 5:35 It clearly says John was a burning and shining light. now I am already wondering if John was plugged in, where did they get electricity from ?

Here Jesus explains why all the miracles, prophecy, Signs and Wonders are an extremely important part of His Mission. Jesus says clearly in these biblical refs that the WORKS that He does bear witness that the Father has sent him.

Joh 5:35 John was a burning and a shining light: and you were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
Joh 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the miracles/ WORKS which the Father has given me to finish, the same miracles/ WORKS that I do, bear witness for me, that the Father hath sent me.
Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that does not honour the Son does not honour the Father who has sent him.
Today, we are blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

(1) (Reply)

Why Must Jesus Be Involved In Blood Sacrifice In Order To Save The World / 7 Reasons Why I Hate Pastors / Freeze Fires Back After Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Called Him A 'yoyo'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.