Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,910 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now (1593 Views)

Data Plans For Different Network Providers / Wow!! Get 10x (times) + 2,500mb (2.5gb) #22,500, 500mb #4,500 On Glo / 10 Categories Of People That May Not Afford To Browse When Data Rates Increases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by jaykaylegend(m): 7:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
Guys is it just me or the rate at which these network providers zap data after NCCs suspension of the Data hike is now alarming??

Imagine, etisalat 1k2 for 1.5gb plan that i did on Saturday morning, etisalat is telling me that I have less than 100mb left(data wey I dey manage for 2 weeks before) without downloading anything....

Someone also told me that MTN is also doing the same thing..

Is it like that with you guys??
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
I haven't experienced such with MTN, and I'm the type that does not shy away from downloading. And I stream all the time, data is still the same as before for me.
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by thesicilian: 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
This is Nigeria. I won't be surprised if they actually start giving us ghost data.

1 Like

Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by jaykaylegend(m): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
greenhulk:
I haven't experienced such with MTN, and I'm the type that does not shy away from downloading. And I stream all the time, data is still the same as before for me.
Then maybe its peculiar to only etisalat 1.5 GB that I used to manage jeje for 2 weeks or maybe a little bit less is finishing under 3 days..3 days without any downloads..
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
greenhulk:
Bro,please can u give me ur number, I need to ask you some questions, or can u reply your mail
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by joshikenna1(m): 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
Not true... I use both MTN & GLO. And everything is still Normal. just finished a month subscription on Glo that I subscribed 2 days ago and no problem.
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by aliyubaka: 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
The Zapping rate is out of this world. Most Nigerians do not know this. I pity this country. The network providers are ripping Nigeria off.
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by sodiquisty(m): 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
Same with mtn
I done tire for this Nigeria
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by giftedben: 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
Its also happening in MTN, mine was last week Monday. And now am getting 300mb as balance. Before people start quoting me wrong, they should remember MTN gives 1.5gb as bonus. I hardly download, just normal routine.. SOCIAL NETWORKING.
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by jaykaylegend(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
giftedben:
Its also happening in MTN, mine was last week Monday. And now am getting 300mb as balance. Before people start quoting me wrong, they should remember MTN gives 1.5gb as bonus. I hardly download, just normal routine.. SOCIAL NETWORKING.
sodiquisty:
Same with mtn
I done tire for this Nigeria
aliyubaka:
The Zapping rate is out of this world. Most Nigerians do not know this. I pity this country. The network providers are ripping Nigeria off.
toor, the thing tire me, imagine using 1.5gb under 3 days without any major downloads or streaming, just Facebook, nairalanders, Linda's blog, LIS finish..
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by STEKENT: 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
It is true, I use MTN they charge double of what they charge before.
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by augster(m): 5:16am On Dec 06, 2016
jaykaylegend:
Then maybe its peculiar to only etisalat 1.5 GB that I used to manage jeje for 2 weeks or maybe a little bit less is finishing under 3 days..3 days without any downloads..
na Etisalat you dey take play.. They can even zap someone's destiny

1 Like

Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 06, 2016
True.. Even the data validity time is no longer used by glo.

Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by mrbillz(m): 6:54am On Dec 06, 2016
I bought eti 15gb 28 november. To my surprise it stopped working last and i tot it was network ish. Checked my data balance and got nothing left. The last one i did served me for 3 weeks and few days with heavy usage... This is crazy!
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 06, 2016
pachman:
Bro,please can u give me ur number, I need to ask you some questions, or can u reply your mail

I replied u
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by somehowpenis(m): 7:55am On Dec 06, 2016
greenhulk:
what plan do you go for on the mtn?
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 06, 2016
jaykaylegend:

Etisalat are thieves, whenevery they otify u that u have 100mb left then forget it because in less than 1 minute they will tell u that u have 50mb left, an a few seconds later ur out of data.
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 06, 2016
somehowpenis:
what plan do you go for on the mtn?

i use all the plans depending on the condition. Right now I am on the 10k or 22gb plan.. so i have 44gb for the month because of the extra 22gb phone bonus. Normally I use the 5k for 10gb plan but decided to do 10k because of the NCC intended increase in data price.
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 06, 2016
greenhulk:

Etisalat are thieves, whenevery they otify u that u have 100mb left then forget it because in less than 1 minute they will tell u that u have 50mb left, an a few seconds later ur out of data.

You are 100% correct.
Etisalat is scam . Do you blame them in country where there is weak regulation.
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by ammyluv2002(f): 10:34am On Dec 06, 2016
aliyubaka:
Thank God, you also noticed! The zapping rate is truly out of this world especially with MTN....it started even before this NCC stuff. I noticed it and complained, but no one listened. Before now, I use up to like 50mb just surfing the net a day without any download, but since MTN introduced this new data plan, they claim I consume like 200mb surfing the same net without any downloads. It's just not fair, these network providers are like semi lords in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by dustmalik: 10:52am On Dec 06, 2016
I don't know about etisalat, but I'm currently using both mtn and glo, and even on 4G, I'm not experiencing unusual data zapping.
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by jaykaylegend(m): 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
greenhulk:

Bro you are in my mind, i created this thread when etisalat told me i had 100mb left and after replying coments on this same thread (without pictures oo) they notified me that i had less than 50 mb left.. and before i could say jack, i had run out of data within just three days..
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by jaykaylegend(m): 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
mrbillz:
I bought eti 15gb 28 november. To my surprise it stopped working last and i tot it was network ish. Checked my data balance and got nothing left. The last one i did served me for 3 weeks and few days with heavy usage... This is crazy!
walai i tire for etisalat ooo, the rate at which they cHARGE FOR DATA is damn too much!! and to think that they have the most expensive data plans is sickening...
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by SortOut: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
jaykaylegend:
Guys is it just me or the rate at which these network providers zap data after NCCs suspension of the Data hike is now alarming??

Imagine, etisalat 1k2 for 1.5gb plan that i did on Saturday morning, etisalat is telling me that I have less than 100mb left(data wey I dey manage for 2 weeks before) without downloading anything....

Someone also told me that MTN is also doing the same thing..

Is it like that with you guys??

Same here,
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by somehowpenis(m): 12:23am On Dec 07, 2016
greenhulk:

i use all the plans depending on the condition. Right now I am on the 10k or 22gb plan.. so i have 44gb for the month because of the extra 22gb phone bonus. Normally I use the 5k for 10gb plan but decided to do 10k because of the NCC intended increase in data price.
prior to our excessive usage and uncountable stream, how long does this 44Gb last you before it gets exhausted? .
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 07, 2016
somehowpenis:
prior to our excessive usage and uncountable stream, how long does this 44Gb last you before it gets exhausted? .

I normally do not track my internet usage, but it lasts a month.. unless when I have to download too many movies. What I normally do is if I have like 5-6 movies to download, I subscribe for Ntel 2 days unlimited plan for 1k which will take care of all the downloads for the week.

Below is the picture of my wife's MTN modem, she subscribed 2 days ago for the 5k 10gb. She is always connected to 2 phones when she's not home and connected to 4-5 devices when at home. She has used about 370mb in 2 days which is not bad because she's also a heavy user.

Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by somehowpenis(m): 7:44am On Dec 07, 2016
greenhulk:

I normally do not track my internet usage, but it lasts a month.. unless when I have to download too many movies. What I normally do is if I have like 5-6 movies to download, I subscribe for Ntel 2 days unlimited plan for 1k which will take care of all the downloads for the week.

Below is the picture of my wife's MTN modem, she subscribed 2 days ago for the 5k 10gb. She is always connected to 2 phones when she's not home and connected to 4-5 devices when at home. She has used about 370mb in 2 days which is not bad because she's also a heavy user.
370mb in two days is quite poor.. I don't normally track my internet usage too, I just need a plan that would take me up to a month before exhaustion.. I used to be on an unlimited plan but etisalat reviewed and ended the plan, now I found out 15Gb of data doesn't even take me up to a week before I exhaust it, (i only stream and play online games, and use instagram a lot ) .. so I was wondering a plan that would be suitable for me and will last me up to a month and at the same time not be ridiculously expensive...

I am contemplating the 44Gb from mtn you mentioned .. but I am still thinking if their is anyone much more better than it also? ..
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 07, 2016
somehowpenis:
370mb in two days is quite poor.. I don't normally track my internet usage too, I just need a plan that would take me up to a month before exhaustion.. I used to be on an unlimited plan but etisalat reviewed and ended the plan, now I found out 15Gb of data doesn't even take me up to a week before I exhaust it, (i only stream and play online games, and use instagram a lot ) .. so I was wondering a plan that would be suitable for me and will last me up to a month and at the same time not be ridiculously expensive...

I am contemplating the 44Gb from mtn you mentioned .. but I am still thinking if their is anyone much more better than it also? ..

I thought u have a link to unlimited etisalat
Re: It Seems Network Providers Data Rates And Charges Are Times 2 Now by somehowpenis(m): 1:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
greenhulk:

I thought u have a link to unlimited etisalat
yes, plan got ended by Etisalat after the NCC price review threat .. hopefully it will be back later on..

(1) (Reply)

Your Advice Is Urgently Needed. / LG V30 Review, Spec, Price And Release Date / Tech Reviews By A Nigerian - Ya'll Should Check This Dude Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.