Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy (8640 Views)

Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy / 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy / Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by Guru9ja(m): 8:40am On Dec 06, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
smiley . Glad it works for you.
Tank u my oga
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by Guru9ja(m): 8:41am On Dec 06, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
lol.. grin grin no be me oh.. I'm not on MMM nah grin
Nah Ultimate cycler we dey do
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:42am On Dec 06, 2016
UNIZIK1stSon:
Wow! This is Lovely!

Which App is best for Blogging on Wordpress with a Smartphone?

My site runs on blogger, I can't really say much about WP. I use Blogaway and bloggeroid for mine.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by godstime88(m): 9:02am On Dec 06, 2016
Thanks
It's so useful
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by hamzyluv(m): 9:07am On Dec 06, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Basically, blogging can be stressful but most times the stress level depends on your niche. Tech Bloggers get to do a lot of stressful work, from replying comments and emails to uploading roms and writing reviews of devices. Most comments on Tech Blogs are usually from people seeking clarification about something on the post or requesting for something.

I used tech here as a case study because it's my niche.
I'm a student of Uniport so I can clearly understand how blogging and school work can weigh you down.
Here are 5 strategies I use to reduce the stress.

1. Don't Search For News, Let The News Come To You
This is the best way to get latest updates without stressing yourself and going round tons of websites to get stories. An RSS feed reader can help you do this. Simply add the feed URL of all the top sites in your niche to the feed reader. Once there's a new story you get it instantly. No stress.

2. Schedule Posts For The Future
Assuming you have a lot of lectures during the week and you won't have enough chance to make posts every day you can simply make the posts on weekends then schedule it to post at any day of the week. Blogger and WordPress have this feature, it'll help you keep your readers updated while you attend to other relevant activities.

3. Let The Internet Work For You
You may wonder how you'll be able to share your posts if you schedule posts. It's very simple
I don't bother myself about sharing posts unless if I want to share it on Instagram or Google Plus Communities. Use IFTTT to automatically share your blog posts to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit and a whole lot of other websites. If you have a Facebook group, Hootsuite can handle the posting on the group.

4.Get Someone To Help You Run Your Blog

Automation can do everything for you but a human touch always stands out from work done by just computers. It's quite possible your RSS feed reader may not cover everything you need to know because you didn't add as many sites as possible. In this case, you can employ someone to post for you either on a weekly or daily basis if you have the cash. You can also offer the person an incentive like free data subscription every month.

5.Set A Schedule For Replying To Comments
You won't be on the PC or Phone 24/7. I hardly use my laptop to blog these days. I find it easier using my smartphone so it's possible you may also like using your smartphone. Set a specific time schedule to reply to Comments. This will keep your readers engaged and know when to come back and get a reply to their questions.

This is my 5 point strategy of reducing blogging stress as a student. It helps me have time for myself and school as well.
Hope you learnt something new today. I'd like to know ways you're using to reduce the blogging stress?
Bro , i wil like to know much about this blogging of a thing , i find difficult to do .....
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by olureignforever: 9:14am On Dec 06, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Basically, blogging can be stressful but most times the stress level depends on your niche. Tech Bloggers get to do a lot of stressful work, from replying comments and emails to uploading roms and writing reviews of devices. Most comments on Tech Blogs are usually from people seeking clarification about something on the post or requesting for something.

I used tech here as a case study because it's my niche.
I'm a student of Uniport so I can clearly understand how blogging and school work can weigh you down.
Here are 5 strategies I use to reduce the stress.

1. Don't Search For News, Let The News Come To You
This is the best way to get latest updates without stressing yourself and going round tons of websites to get stories. An RSS feed reader can help you do this. Simply add the feed URL of all the top sites in your niche to the feed reader. Once there's a new story you get it instantly. No stress.

2. Schedule Posts For The Future
Assuming you have a lot of lectures during the week and you won't have enough chance to make posts every day you can simply make the posts on weekends then schedule it to post at any day of the week. Blogger and WordPress have this feature, it'll help you keep your readers updated while you attend to other relevant activities.

3. Let The Internet Work For You
You may wonder how you'll be able to share your posts if you schedule posts. It's very simple
I don't bother myself about sharing posts unless if I want to share it on Instagram or Google Plus Communities. Use IFTTT to automatically share your blog posts to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit and a whole lot of other websites. If you have a Facebook group, Hootsuite can handle the posting on the group.

4.Get Someone To Help You Run Your Blog

Automation can do everything for you but a human touch always stands out from work done by just computers. It's quite possible your RSS feed reader may not cover everything you need to know because you didn't add as many sites as possible. In this case, you can employ someone to post for you either on a weekly or daily basis if you have the cash. You can also offer the person an incentive like free data subscription every month.

5.Set A Schedule For Replying To Comments
You won't be on the PC or Phone 24/7. I hardly use my laptop to blog these days. I find it easier using my smartphone so it's possible you may also like using your smartphone. Set a specific time schedule to reply to Comments. This will keep your readers engaged and know when to come back and get a reply to their questions.

This is my 5 point strategy of reducing blogging stress as a student. It helps me have time for myself and school as well.
Hope you learnt something new today. I'd like to know ways you're using to reduce the blogging stress?

You nailed it.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by SirMichael1: 9:20am On Dec 06, 2016
Guru9ja:
Nah Ultimate cycler we dey do

Something that has has crashed. You now telling me to corman be joining. (In falz voice) Is it that nothing last long in diz country?? cry
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by adekalumichael: 9:53am On Dec 06, 2016
Really helpful tips for bloggers. Though some niches which has to do with gossips or blogger's lifestyles may seem flexible compared to niches where one needs to do enough research before blogging.
I love the aspect of outsourcing my blog to an expert to write while I go about my other duties.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by Guru9ja(m): 12:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
SirMichael1:

Something that has has crashed. You now telling me to corman be joining. (In falz voice) Is it that nothing last long in diz country?? cry
funny Nigerians. its been upgraded to accommodate more participant. And am not forcing u
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by jose556(m): 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
Get a .COM for just #1,500.... Cheap deal, fast delivery.
Call 07063099645

Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by randomShek: 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
UNIZIK1stSon:
Wow! This is Lovely!

Which App is best for Blogging on Wordpress with a Smartphone?
Download the official app. That's what I use tho you have to use pc to set featured image, categories, tags and the likes
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by kinkonp: 9:22am On Dec 07, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
it actually depends on the platform your website is running on. I'm working on making Bots for Facebook Messenger. This kind of Bots should be able to handle advanced transactions. Sadly it won't be available till early 2017.

You can also integrate Payment systems like 2checkout, QuickTeller, Vogue or Etranzact.

Cheers smiley

i have some automated payment integrated... but there are some i havent done and dont know how to go about it....because of authenticity ..

voguepay and quickteller are integrated already

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Adsense Pin Verification Problem (one Month Left) / 5 Hot Niches Nigerian Bloggers Underrate -Techinfo / Differences Between A Webdeveloper And A Webdesigner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.