Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,866 members, 7,806,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? (55053 Views)

Why Men Feel Sleepy After Sex / 16 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Get Married According To Ada Bekee / Why Men Tired, Lose Interest, & Sleepy After Orgasm But Women Don't (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 06, 2016
Hello from the other side !! cheesy

I've always noticed that most men always doze off immediately after sex.

Well,I wondering what could be the cause because it's weird.

So Romancelanders (as it's so called) Enlighten me a little bit.

Have you also felt sleepy and slept off? please tell me about it!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by TrapHedges(m): 7:50am On Dec 06, 2016
not all men..

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by francislin(m): 7:52am On Dec 06, 2016
Tell us how many u v slept with dat slept after having sex wit u then i will give the answer.

390 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 06, 2016
75% of men that slept off did not use condom

20% of men that slept off used condom
Out of those 20%, 90% of them used other brands of condom other than Gold circle.

5% of men that never dozz off were rapist and sexual abusers

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by xedyl(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2016
i sleep 90% of the time,after rocking the boat. There are times i feel relaxe after Bleep & sleep off... other times i feel exhausted & i cud eat a whole spahgetti pack.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Smellymouth: 7:55am On Dec 06, 2016
Anty mi, please tomorrow early morning,come out from your gate,jog around your street from the beginning to the end only ten times..
When you finish, come and tell me how you feel..

You ladies think it is easy? Dude will be on top of you sweating like Shekau in Sambisa and whining his waist like Iyanya for 40 minutes while you lie down screaming, "Baby go deeper"..Do you know the amount of energy that is dissipated during sex?

As if that is not enough, the wicked girl will be whispering seductively, "Baby I want more"..Chisos!! More wetin? You wan kill person pikin!?Oya tell me what you want him to do after sex.. Harvest cassava for you?

Please ladies, when he is done, give him enough time to sleep and rest.When he wakes up, give him food with enough fish and meat..If after eating, he still looks tired,pet him to sleep biko.. Dem nor dey give person trophy after fvckiing..

809 Likes 63 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by McBrooklyn(m): 7:56am On Dec 06, 2016
But nothing still makes you ladies more confused than being in a relationship with a broke guy who is extremely good in bed cool

So forget the sleepy aspect, man pikin must definitely get tired after doing a perfect job as per say body no be firewood and we no be robot!! cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by eraly(m): 8:00am On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:

So true. I read a scientific explanation of it online some months back? Guess u ladies don't like it?

But don't blame us dear, it's nature. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Femiblacky(m): 8:15am On Dec 06, 2016
Because men are naturally wired up to fall asleep after sex...its nature

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Bishop4bella(m): 8:18am On Dec 06, 2016
Sometimes it even comes with headache. I don't like my girl disturbing me talk after the exercise.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by makelove2m(m): 8:20am On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:

Since S.ex is work, when you are done with it , you must relax and or sleep.............. when it is play to you, you need not to sleep................. but in the other hand when girls lay as log of wood, leaving the men to do all the work, one must get tired after it and required to sleep, ....if both of you do same at that same period, both of you will get tired and sleep off............... let us not forget that sperm is blood converted, so when you gave out or donanted blood you will get tired, weak and required rest or sleep for recovery............... allow men to sleep after sex that was when old men suggested that S.ex shpuld be done in the night not in day time, remenber those men that died on top of it............ they did that in day time after other hard labour

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 06, 2016
francislin:
[s]Tell us how many u v slept with dat slept after having sex wit u then i will give the answer[/s].
You're such a hypocrite !!
And if you don't know,we have atleast 7% of virgins out there and I'm one of them.
You can Quote me wrong Ion fvcking care !!
Fvck off !!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by MagnumXL(m): 8:25am On Dec 06, 2016
@OP After banging that kitty and making her scream, scratch my back and shake violently. I need a rest don't you think? grin

But before i can put in a 2 hour nap, you'll see she will wake you up again for another round sheesh

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by hylyne(m): 8:33am On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:
You're such a hypocrite !!
And if you don't know,we have atleast 7% of virgins out there and I'm one of them.
You can Quote me wrong Ion fvcking care !!
Fvck off !!

"I've always noticed that most men always doze off immediately after sex"

The quote above doesn't not, by anyway imply that you are a virgin.

Stop claiming, what you're not. Or should I assume that u copied the post from somewhere and didn't edit it.

165 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 06, 2016
It only happens at night after a long day because morning sex gives most men energy for the whole day.

30 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by ObioratheBully: 8:39am On Dec 06, 2016
sad

You think sex is easy?

Do you know the amount of energy we spend??

Worse when we ejaculate, the energy consumption is even more..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 06, 2016
The hormone levels of Prolactin, Oxytocin, and Melatonin all surge in Men after sex.
Working in tandem, they put men to sleep like babies after a good blow.

Source: MH

www.menshealth.com/sex-women/sleep-after-sex

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 06, 2016
hylyne:

"I've always noticed that most men always doze off immediately after sex"

The quote above doesn't not, by anyway imply that you are a virgin.

Stop claiming, what you're not. Or should I assume that u copied the post from somewhere and didn't edit it.

My dear,I'm a member of many relationship blogs where people usually gather to ask all sorts of r/ship questions.

From all indications and questions,I noticed men always doze off immediately after sex because the questions they ask said such.

So I came here to know why !!

It's just the same thing as seeing that a lot of grown up gurls menstruate,so as a guy you came here to know why it happens.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by kabanayol9(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:

My dear, I want to know the reason.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
not all undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
And some women as well
Man have a refractory period after coming and the body needs to refuel putting it simply and the way the male body does this is to induce sleep (in some men) by releasing serotonin and opioids. If they don't sleep there is going to be some "fatigue" chilling out involved and when he asks for a breather he needs it ....

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy depends on the type of sex na wink quickie grin no sleeping

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by ted1741: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Men sleep off as a result of several biological factors: First, the obvious reasons for sex’s somnolent sway: the act frequently takes place at night, in a bed, and is, after all, physically exhausting (often more so for the man than the woman, although this certainly varies). So when sex is over, it’s natural for a guy to feel sleepy.

Secondly, research using positron emission tomography (PET) scans has shown that in order for a person to reach orgasm, a primary requirement is to let go of “all fear and anxiety.” Doing so also tends to be relaxing and might explain the tendency to snooze.

Then there is the biochemistry of the orgasm itself. Research shows that during ejaculation, men release a cocktail of brain chemicals, including norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin, vasopressin, nitric oxide (NO), and the hormone prolactin. The release of prolactin is linked to the feeling of sexual satisfaction, and it also mediates the “recovery time” that men are well aware of—the time a guy must wait before “giving it another go.” Studies have also shown that men deficient in prolactin have faster recovery times.

Prolactin levels are naturally higher during sleep, and animals injected with the chemical become tired immediately. This suggests a strong link between prolactin and sleep, so it’s likely that the hormone’s release during orgasm causes men to feel sleepy.

(Side note: prolactin also explains why men are sleepier after intercourse than after masturbation. For unknown reasons, intercourse orgasms release four times more prolactin than masturbatory orgasms, according to a recent study.)

Oxytocin and vasopressin, two other chemicals released during orgasm, are also associated with sleep. Their release frequently accompanies that of melatonin, the primary hormone that regulates our body clocks. Oxytocin is also thought to reduce stress levels, which again could lead to relaxation and sleepiness. Now you know.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by wyzoe: 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
kenonze:
75% of men that slept off did not use condom

20% of men that slept off used condom
Out of those 20%, 90% of them used other condom other than Gold circle.

5% of men that never dozz off were rapist and sexual abusers

Expert grin

Or is that sexpert?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Melahou(m): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
you have always noticed abi
keep it up

men are not robot na
Besides some men dont have time to impress any lady sexually.

There is no award to be won so while kill yourself with sex from dawn to dusk

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
Not all the time, you must have traveled around the globe if you been wondering

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
Berlynn:
not all undecided

Veteran

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by GoldenJAT(m): 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
This question seems more like an experienced question...takin in2 consideration..d word MOST.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by BabaRamota1980: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:

we do it so yall can have time staring at us sleeping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by BabaRamota1980: 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
Raine80:
And some women as well
Man have a refractory period after coming and the body needs to refuel putting it simply and the way the male body does this is to induce sleep (in some men) by releasing serotonin and opioids. If they don't sleep there is going to be some "fatigue" chilling out involved and when he asks for a breather he needs it ....

Raine, you come correct, 1000 likes for you.

Ladies, try banging hammer to drive a 6ft long steel pile into the earth and get it done within 45mins. Thats what men do when we on top....hammering very fast to get the job done.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by SirMichael1: 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:

Sorry, I'm still a virgin so I don't know....

Why do you care since you're still a virgin. (That's what you said tho. undecided)

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Favourog13(m): 6:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
grin,haba this op sef.How many men u don see?
I dey suspect u shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Botswana Polygamist Pastor, Seraki Kemmonye Shares Photos With His 2 Wives / Canada-Based Nigerian Men Release Their Pre-Wedding Photos / Why Do Girls Avoid/Ignore Me? It Is Impossible To Get A Date!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.