Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

My Thought On God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thought On God (1475 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / Food For Thought On Muslim, A Must Read For All Religion / Giving Up On God And Going Back To The World ( edited ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thought On God by GeeCee(m): 6:49am On Jan 09, 2007
I would rather live my life believing there is a God and die 2 discover that there is none than live my life as if there is no God and die 2 discover that there is one.
Re: My Thought On God by luckyCO(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2007
Geege u are right
Re: My Thought On God by tenor(m): 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2007
GeeCee I share your thought on that too. Its much safer. Please tell that to the atheists.They are threading a risky path. They all feel like some philosophers. They try to understand a spiritual God with human reasonong!
Re: My Thought On God by KAG: 6:47pm On Jan 13, 2007
GeeCee:

I would rather live my life believing there is a God and die 2 discova that there is none than live my life as if there is no God and die 2 discova that there is one.

I'd rather live my life morally and ethically, than bother trying to resurrect Pascal, but that's just me.
Re: My Thought On God by angelz(f): 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2007
Dnt evn boda preachin 2 athiest. Mayb they xpect a miracle like d 1 d Apostle Paul xperiencd. My God is very much alive.
Re: My Thought On God by GeeCee(m): 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2009
:d
Re: My Thought On God by noetic2: 1:52pm On Jun 09, 2009
KAG:

I'd rather live my life morally and ethically, than bother trying to resurrect Pascal, but that's just me.
whats moral? whats immoral? where did u get the ability/teaching to distinguish between both?
Re: My Thought On God by jumie(f): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2009
@GeeCee,

Truth be told. Your are right!!!
Re: My Thought On God by mantraa: 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2009
"whats moral? whats immoral? where did u get the ability/teaching to distinguish between both?"

Do you think that the ability/teaching to distinguish between what's moral and what's immoral comes from the bible?
Re: My Thought On God by noetic2: 11:28pm On Jun 09, 2009
were u not taught, NEVER to answer a question with a question?
Re: My Thought On God by mantraa: 12:17am On Jun 10, 2009
Ok. apologies for being rude but your question seems to be implying that the source of morality comes from the bible.

If this is true and you are saying that everyone who is not a believer in the bible is immoral, then i would like to know why.
Re: My Thought On God by bawomolo(m): 12:35am On Jun 10, 2009
noetic2:

whats moral? whats immoral? where did u get the ability/teaching to distinguish between both?

history is the best teacher.  Even your bible uses history to scare you into being moral.

The right thing is determined by what's best for mankind.
Re: My Thought On God by noetic2: 12:50am On Jun 10, 2009
bawomolo:

history is the best teacher.  Even your bible uses history to scare you into being moral.

The right thing is determined[b] by what's best for mankind.
[/b]

what EXACTLY is best for mankind?
Re: My Thought On God by mantraa: 1:06am On Jun 10, 2009
ALTRUISM is best for mankind.
Re: My Thought On God by noetic2: 1:13am On Jun 10, 2009
mantraa:

ALTRUISM is best for mankind.
I cant believe this.

Can u explicitly state the convictions of altruism . . . ?
Re: My Thought On God by mantraa: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2009
Altruism is about selflessness and, in my view, an equal regard for others regardless of race, sex, culture and religion.
Re: My Thought On God by jagunlabi(m): 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2009
GBAM!
mantraa:

Altruism is about selflessness and, in my view, an equal regard for others regardless of race, sex, culture and religion.
Re: My Thought On God by jagunlabi(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2009
Since there are many different "one true gods",what if you reach the "pearly gate" and the God you see is not the one you subscribed to?You will still be screwed.If the God at the pearly gate is Allah,you(if you are a christian,that is),my friend, are toast! grin
GeeCee:

I would rather live my life believing there is a God and die 2 discover that there is none than live my life as if there is no God and die 2 discover that there is one.
Re: My Thought On God by jagunlabi(m): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
I believe the poster's best bet would be to try this one to be on the safe side,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJpZOljjG8&feature=channel_page wink
Re: My Thought On God by noetic2: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2009
mantraa:

how did u decide this was best for mankind?
who decided this? when? why?

what are the convictions of this "selflessness" and "equal regard"?

is this an sffiliation to atheism? naturalism? occultism? or satanism?

is this not a borrowed creed from other religions? are u not simply creating a new religion for ur self?

is this not a contradiction?
Re: My Thought On God by jagunlabi(m): 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2009
You trying to make a simple thing overly complicated.Lol! cheesy
noetic2:

how did u decide this was best for mankind?
who decided this? when? why?

what are the convictions of this "selflessness" and "equal regard"?

is this an sffiliation to atheism? naturalism? occultism? or satanism?

is this not a borrowed creed from other religions? are u not simply creating a new religion for ur self?

is this not a contradiction?

Re: My Thought On God by noetic2: 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2009
jagunlabi:

You trying to make a simple thing overly complicated.Lol! cheesy
how simple?
Re: My Thought On God by jagunlabi(m): 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2009
As simple as simplicity can be.Altruism is selflessness and compassion.It does not get simpler than that.
noetic2:

how simple?
Re: My Thought On God by noetic2: 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2009
ur ignorance is astonishing.
Re: My Thought On God by jagunlabi(m): 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2009
Yours,you mean? grin
noetic2:

ur ignorance is astonishing.
Re: My Thought On God by mantraa: 2:04pm On Jun 10, 2009
Altruism is simple common sense. We evolved brains intelligent enough to understand that we all benefit by acting altruistically to each other. The fact is; we are all equal, and we are all originally come from the same place, AFRICA. Regardless of what race or religion you are.

Respects
Re: My Thought On God by noetic2: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2009
mantraa:

Altruism is simple common sense. We evolved brains intelligent enough to understand that we all benefit by acting altruistically to each other. The fact is; we are all equal, and we are all originally come from the same place, AFRICA. Regardless of what race or religion you are.

Respects

you are so ignorant. muslims say jihad is simple common sense . . . .is it?

why postulate an idea u cannot explain explicitly? . . . . altruism ko, alter-truism ni
Re: My Thought On God by mantraa: 4:39pm On Jun 10, 2009
My friend, only a third of the worlds population are christians. Two thirds are not, and are not going to just go away, so you need to learn to live with that fact and learn to get along with people who have different gods to yours. This is what i mean by common sense.  Muslims are your brothers and sisters too you know, they just have different beliefs to yours. As do the hindus, buddhists, jews, rastafarians, athiests etc, and all the other different branches of christianity that you dont believe in.

respects

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Ridiculous Prophecy / God Of The Day - 3 / I Need All Healing Verses On Mathew, Mark, Luke & John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.