Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK (56279 Views)

Yusuf Buhari Secretly Acquired Power-Bikes, DSS Operatives Sacked - Daily Post / "Buhari Should Withdraw Army From The East & Leave Nnamdi Kanu Alone" - FFK / Why I Think Buhari Fired The Army From Aso Rock! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Souljaboi1: 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
You guys are talking about gun as if it is a plate of eba, egusi and N20 meat. So long as the name is "Gun", it definitely kills human beings. May you never be in a position where you will use money for food and development to buy equipment for death and destruction.

What are you saying ?

How can just any 'gun' suffice for the Army of the largest black nation, which is plagued by insurgency in the North and Militancy down South ?

How ?!

So we should send the Soldiers to war with village gun just because we want to save money to buy food ?

Does that even make sense to you ?
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by darknetcom: 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
Boko haram in trouble

why is england helping us??..

whats their motives again??..

i dont trust anybody white,,,..
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
bettercreature:
Government should also buy some sophisticated guns for our soldiers,i always feels like crying any time i see our soldiers carrying AK 47 in 2016

Those who are mentioning me seriously need orientation,I wonder why you are stilll singing AK47 like AKON when it's out of arsenal of Russia that made it

We are talking about assault Riffles that can release 2000 bullets per min not AK 47 with just 60 bullets

AK 47 is only good for Arm Robbbers not battlefield
So the guns you are talking about, have you found out how much its sold.. You expect the developed nations to sell their latest technologies so that you can now wage wR against them in future... life is all about survival of the fittest, you dont expect to go to a friend's house and sleep in his matrimonial bed, he would rather direct you to his guest room. This nations would never sell to us their best weapons because it becomes a threat to Africa and themselves. Lets keep managing the one we get for now.. if we start producing our own weapons then we wouldnt ave a reason to complain.

2 Likes

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by spinna: 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
bettercreature:
Government should also buy some sophisticated guns for our soldiers,i always feels like crying any time i see our soldiers carrying AK 47 in 2016

Those who are mentioning me seriously need orientation,I wonder why you are stilll singing AK47 like AKON when it's out of arsenal of Russia that made it

We are talking about assault Riffles that can release 2000 bullets per min not AK 47 with just 60 bullets

Dude the ak 47 is the holy grail of light machine guns, its reliable has a large round and good range, Mighty Russias Ak74 as seen in your diagram is just a slightly modified ak. Ak47s are good for our soldiers due to our sand dusty and tropical terrain because the gun has a tolerance for dirt that others don't have.

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by darknetcom: 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
bettercreature:

the ak47 is a very reliable weapon..

not so accurate...but is has a heavy punch..
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Kingbuhari(m): 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nigerians are too lazy so we can't construct that caterpillar/bulldozer in Nigeria we are only good in bad news... Buhari is a cow TUFIAKWA
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by 4dor: 12:17pm On Dec 06, 2016
BlueLORD:

Soldiers too are now very hungry. I was surprised to see a group of them collecting bribe on a Nigerian road the other day, unlike before.

Bet you've not been traveling that much, soldiers have always been doing that, especially on interstate roads.

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by darknetcom: 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
Kingbuhari:
Nigerians are too lazy so we can't construct that caterpillar/bulldozer in Nigeria we are only good in bad news... Buhari is a cow TUFIAKWA

its realy not that hard to replicate weapons...

we only care about profit..

we have no weapons fanatics...

its unfortunate..

our women only care about beauty..
the men only care about money and parties..

you can not create a strong nation with people that are like this..

we need fanatics..
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by SmartyPants(m): 12:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
adegeye38:

Ak47 fires 600 rounds in a minute, though its the cyclic rate of power,
The combat rate of fire is:
Semi auto: 40r/min
Burst: 100r/min
Distance 300 metres

The M16
Fires at 700-950 rounds per minute
Distance 3600 metres

No doubt the M16 is a superior weapon to the AK47 but not by that much. Especially looking at the figures you posted for range these have to be wrong. I think what you have posted there is the total range for the M16 vs the AK47's effective range. In reality AK47 rounds should generally travel well into kilometers but with a much shorter effective range, close to the figure you posted (200-300m). The M16 though better is not that much better and it's max effective range will be around 500m.

confirmed from this source: http://www.military-today.com/firearms/m16_vs_ak47.htm

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Enyimbamercedes: 12:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
CastedDude:
The Nigerian Army has acquired a new military hardware: Armtrac 400: The Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) which is manufactured in the United Kingdom -is inducted for Conventional Demining and EO Clearance Operations, Technical Survey and EO Reconnaissance, Support to C-IED operations Support to Route Clearance operations and Surface/Sub-surface IED Disposal. See photos below;

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/nigerian-army-acquires-sophisticated.html

They've gone and painted it this yeye camo color again. Tomorrow we will see it lying on its side like the former presidential helicopter they crashed

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by lovere: 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ak 47 remains world most reliable light arms
bettercreature:

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Agereje: 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2016
The AK is the toyota of the gun world- fucking reliable! US soldiers were dumping their M-16s for AKs in the jungles of vietnam.
The variants 74,104 with their scopes and grenade launchers will top about all the other rifles you have been reeling out

3 Likes

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by darknetcom: 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
Agereje:
The AK is the toyota of the gun world- fucking reliable! US soldiers were dumping their M-16s for AKs in the jungles of vietnam.
The variants 74,104 with their scopes and grenade launchers with top about all the other rifles you have been reeling out

they dont get!!..

our army dont have to be exactly outfitted like american armies to win wars..
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by MONITZ: 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
idupaul:

Criteria for ranking assault rifles is a lot and aesthetics grabs the least .. Most people are just wowed by the cosmetic cladding of newer rifles and not their overall performance ..I have been a rifle enthusiast for many years and i havent still seen an Assault rifle ranking that the AK47 didn't top. We all love the Tavor for its looks but its actually just a close quarter combat carbine meant for door to door combat, in a real theatre they wont compare to an AK 47 in most yards

http://www.thetoptens.com/best-assault-rifles/

Thanks for the clarification, like I said I don't know much about guns bt I know the TAVOR rifle is also very good..... I just learnt something new altogether.

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by lekkie073(m): 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
darknetcom:

they dont get!!..

our army dont have to be exactly outfitted like american armies to win wars..
yes...u r right. Wars r won by willpower and brave men. Not by the class of arms being brandished. I be seen a man use his hands to beat up another man armed with cutlass *no be joke matter*
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by darknetcom: 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
lekkie073:
yes...u r right. Wars r won by willpower and brave men. Not by the class of arms being brandished. I be seen a man use his hands to beat up another man armed with cutlass *no be joke matter*

they always forget that we have the numbers too..

always trying to be western..

its disgraceful...
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by emmancecute(m): 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
bettercreature:

What do you know about weapons?
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Kingbuhari(m): 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
darknetcom:

its realy not that hard to replicate weapons...

we only care about profit..

we have no weapons fanatics...

its unfortunate..

our women only care about beauty..
the men only care about money and parties..

you can not create a strong nation with people that are like this..

we need fanatics..
Trump said we are lazy and I agree with him.. instead of buying it abroad why not send our vibrant youths to go and learn how to build that machine from scratch.... only in Nigeria u will see certificateless incompetent cattle rearer as a President
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by dee02(m): 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
MASSOB in deep sh*t
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by adegeye38(m): 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2016
bettercreature:

I agree with you, but weapon for the army depend on the immediate need and uses, a regular NAF uses ak47, due to its realibilty and being cheap and ruggedness and easily assecible.
But when it comes to counter terrorism fighting or intensive war situations or rescue operations, we make use of more lethal assault rifles
Like the
M16 used by the us army
Berreter used by Italian army
FN NC also italy
Beryl from poland

So we dont have only ak 47

The Nigerian army basic hand held or hand operated battle weapons are as follows

Name country of origin

Beretta 92 Semi-automatic pistol Italy

Beretta M1951 Semi-Automatic Pistol Italy

Browning Hi-Power Semi-Automatic Pistol
Belgium Some of Nigerian manufacture.

Walther P5 Semi-Automatic Pistol West Germany

Beretta M12 Submachine gun Italy Some of Nigerian manufacture.

Heckler & Koch MP5 Submachine gun Germany

Sa vz. 23 Submachine gun Czechoslovakia

Sten Submachine gun United Kingdom

Sterling Submachine gun United Kingdom

Uzi Submachine gun Israel

Beryl M762 Assault Rifle Poland

M16A1 Assault Rifle United States

FN FNC Assault Rifle Belgium

Beretta AR70/90 Assault Rifle Italy

SIG SG 540 Battle Rifle Switzerland

Daewoo K2 Assault Rifle South Korea

AK-47 Assault Rifle Soviet Union Produced as OBJ-006.

AKM Assault Rifle Soviet Union

FN FAL Battle Rifle Belgium Local variant designated NR1.

Heckler & Koch G3 Battle Rifle West Germany Some of Nigerian manufacture.

BM-59 Battle Rifle Italy Some of Nigerian manufacture.
Vz. 52 rifle Semi-automatic rifle Czechoslovakia

Browning M2 Heavy machine gun United States

Degtyaryov 1938/46 Light machine gun Soviet Union

FN MAG General purpose machine gun Belgium Some of Nigerian manufacture.

RPK Light machine gun Soviet Union

RPG-7 Anti-tank weapon Soviet Union Some of Nigerian manufacture.

Missiles and Recoilless Rifles

Name Type Country of Origin

Swingfire Anti-tank missile United Kingdom 100 in stock

M40 Anti-tank weapon United States

Carl Gustav Anti-tank weapon Sweden 30 in service.

3 Likes

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Harvigh(m): 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
MetaHuman:
ak47 is the best assault riffle ever made..

All other assault riffles were built around ak47. including the M series.

Do a research. Don't let designs fool you.
While won't argue that the ak47 is a very good assault rifle, but saying its the best ever produced is just mere exaggeration. C'mmon man, its not even better than the ak74 which is actually an improvement on the ak47. I've done my research on that, u can also do ur research to understand what am talking about.

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
Souljaboi1:

What are you saying ?

How can just any 'gun' suffice for the Army of the largest black nation, which is plagued by insurgency in the North and Militancy down South ?

How ?!

So we should send the Soldiers to war with village gun just because we want to save money to buy food ?

Does that even make sense to you ?
Ok, go ahead. Give them the best guns. They will kill everbody. Then what nation will be left to rule? Guns do not solve problems.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by tyrone07(m): 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2016
bettercreature:

Please which assult rifle can release 2000 rounds per minute?
The Ak 47 is one of the most reliable assult rifles in the world and even those countries you mentioned still have them in use although they are not the standard military issue.
There is no ongoing conflict glibally in which this rifles aren't used, please get your facts right.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by grodt999: 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
An arms dealers said of the boko haram war

"Nigerian army is the number one supplier of military equipment and arms to boko haram, these days boko haram does not need to buy weapons, they just have to wait for Nigerian army to buy and then they capture them"
hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by alaskido(m): 1:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
This equipment looks like it is used for farming (tilling the soil and irrigation). Boys fit thief this kind toy o.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by TheAdvocate(m): 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
What I see is a grader. How can a military equipment come with that big glass? I hope the windshield is armoured sha
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by UuzbaGuuzba: 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
Fearcom:

Sorry but every country has it's ARMED FORCES and their primary objective is to PROTECT its territorial integrity(it's citizens). You can't protect yourself without weapons. This book haram war would have been crushed longest time if the "west" had supplied us with the weaponry we needed. Like I said, no money, otherwise it would have been time for us to look inwards.
I wish you were a soldier and daily have to contend between God and Man. God says "Thou shall not kill" Man says "go and Kill". The oldest living person is about 117years old. I dash you 100years. You will die on or before 2116 then you must face God. The issue of "Thou shalt not kill" must be resolved before you spend your eternity.
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by blackjah(m): 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
CXLVII:

Chai!

Biggest liar of all time!

I salute you!

There is nothing like AK48
see this one ooo, you dey army? we even have ak49 but that one doesn't cause much damages
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by dopedealer(m): 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
SmartyPants:

Okay one thing you have to understand is that there is a big difference between theoretical rate of fire and realistic rate of fire.

The guy i quoted said the AK47 has a rate of fire of 60 rounds per minute. How i wish i could give him a dirty slap!!

The AK47 theoretically can fire 600 rounds per minute and the Tavor can fire theoretically 700-900 per minute. The difference is not that significant.

But crucially, like i said, these are theoretical figures and the real-life rate of fire depends on how fast the person firing can re-chamber their weapon because no assault rifle currently can chamber that many rounds. Realistically the highest rate of fire a human soldier will achieve should be around 200 rpm.

Yo papa no waste em sch fees .. All correct
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by Fhemmmy: 1:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
Acquiring has never been problem with Nigerian government because we have the money, it has always been maintenance. ... show me same machine in 2 years
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by ibrahimbashir99(m): 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
mrvitalis:

Ok name a gun better than ak47

Olodo rabata!!!
Re: Ground Vehicle Acquired By The Nigerian Army From The UK by ibrahimbashir99(m): 2:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
TheAdvocate:
What I see is a grader. How can a military equipment come with that big glass? I hope the windshield is armoured sha

Grader? Oya clap for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19: Ganduje Rejects Kwankwaso’s Amana Hospital As Isolation Center / ‘I’ve Accepted My Fate’ — Sunday Igboho Speaks From Beninoise Prison / President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.