Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy (7802 Views)

N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State / Soldier Recognizes A Lady From Facebook At A Checkpoint In Adamawa state / Taiwan Orders Nigeria Office Out Of Taipei City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by AmadiAba: 9:01am On Dec 06, 2016
President-elect Donald Trump has spoken directly with Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen – breaking with nearly four decades of US policy – in a move protested by China.

The 10-minute telephone call with Taiwan’s leadership was the first by a US president-elect or president since President Jimmy Carter switched diplomatic recognition from Taiwan to China in 1979, acknowledging Taiwan as part of “One China”.

China’s Foreign Ministry said on Saturday that it had lodged a protest with the “relevant side” in the United States – with experts saying that officials in Beijing will have been angered by the call...

Trump had on several occasions during his electioneering campaign emphasized his uncompromising belief in ‘Right to self determination’ as a sacred and unalienable right of every free people, which would form a major part of his foreign policy.

FULL STORY HERE >>> http://www.igberetvnews.com/291245

2 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 06, 2016
Op do you have sense at all? How does your headline cause tension in the villa? Do you think that trump cares about biafra? If you think for a second that he does, then you need your head checked.

21 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by AmadiAba: 9:16am On Dec 06, 2016
"Self-determination is the Sacred Right of all free People" - Trump. So Biafrans are not free people abi? I no get your time this morning

agalamanyi:
Op do you have sense at all? How does your headline cause tension in the villa? Do you think that trump cares about biafra? If you think for a second that he does, then you need your head checked.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by pacino26(m): 9:18am On Dec 06, 2016
Hmm, this Trump of a man. I love his daring nature but then he's an American after all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by chibabe259(f): 9:18am On Dec 06, 2016
agalamanyi:

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 06, 2016
AmadiAba:
"Self-determination is the Sacred Right of all free People" - Trump. So Biafrans are not free people abi? I no get your time this morning

Loool keep waiting for Trump, he is jogging to Africa to fix it for us! You think the West care? Continue

22 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=chibabe259 post=51677963][/quote] Loool nice meme
Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by IykeChukz(m): 9:21am On Dec 06, 2016
To avoid NL racist ban, let me keep short.

Just a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by vitalisdiho(m): 9:23am On Dec 06, 2016
I believe that biafara will stand very soon.......I'm still watching the ladder.muhammed buhari will be the final president of one nation....2019 election will not manifest

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Etogist: 9:23am On Dec 06, 2016
Truly Biafra time has come and nobody can stop it. Biafra loading...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 06, 2016
agalamanyi:
Why are u frightened by what the op wrote? Did Trump had a 1on 1 discussion with u abt not giving a damn abt Biafra? I just wish u kill urself with hate,when he finally put a call to the Biafra leaders,just like he did in China-Taiwan relationship. #The separation of Nigeria is negotiable#

9 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by zendy: 9:28am On Dec 06, 2016
AmadiAba:

How are they free when they cant even pray in a High School field without being shot at?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 06, 2016
Running204:
Why are u frightened by what the op wrote? Did Trump had a 1on 1 discussion with u abt not giving a damn abt Biafra? I just wish u kill urself with hate,when he finally put a call to the Biafra leaders,just like he did in China-Taiwan relationship. #The separation of Nigeria is negotiable#
Loool who is the Biafra leader that trump would call? Get busy with life that's more important Biafra is a mirage. Let's get Nigeria working! Cause exactly the challenges we face as Nigerians, we would face as Biafrans.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 06, 2016
Some states in America want to break off, Scotland wants to leave United Kingdom, Niger Delta would want to leave Biafra( that should biafra occur) which I doubt.
People would always feel dis-satisfied that's my point. All the America cares about with a Trump President is sovernity. If a war in Africa would benefit them, they would start a war.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by seunmsg(m): 9:39am On Dec 06, 2016
Biafra will only happen after Texas and California are granted their legitimate right to self determination.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 06, 2016
agalamanyi:

Loool who is the Biafra leader that trump would call? Get busy with life that's more important Biafra is a mirage. Let's get Nigeria working! Cause exactly the challenges we face as Nigerians, we would face as Biafrans.
I can't see us ever been one. U that is singing abt us been one,knows we can never be.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by zendy: 9:43am On Dec 06, 2016
Its good to have an American president who supports self determination. Such a president is not likely to support "unity by force" as practiced in some parts of the world including Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by emmasege: 9:55am On Dec 06, 2016
Some people are just too dull to understand the basic mathematics of 1+1=2.

Intelligent observers of international politics will easily understand that Buhari is not Trump's kind of person just like Jonathan was not Obama's, and the Biafrans may have their support in Trump if their struggle is tactically and peacefully sustained. Good for them, the configuration of the world power has changed so abruptly in less than a year and it seems it's only Angela Merkel that is still standing alone among her colleagues with whom they influenced world's major decisions and direction in recent times.

With Trump and Putin on the same page and likely support from Theresa May, Buhari really has got to tread with caution in handling the IPOB palaver! He should go and learn the language of peace and how to befriend unfriendly zones, just like GEJ and Yar'adua did. Bullets can only silence people temporarily, they can't perpetually. He fuelled the fire of Biafra agitation and woke up the sleeping dog with his stupid comment of 97% and 5%, and obvious disdain for Southern Nigeria (Eastern Nigeria in particular). No leader does that and expects to have a peaceful reign.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2016
Running204:
I can't see us ever been one. U that is singing abt us been one,knows we can never be.
No country is one, but all countries have unified interest. Love and Prosperity of the Nation first!

1 Like

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by WINNERMENTALITY: 10:06am On Dec 06, 2016
emmasege:
Some people are just too dull to understand the basic mathemeatics of 1+1=2
Lol... From your own perspective though...

Its 1+1+1(-4= -1

That's exactly what Nigerian calculation is...Go to House of assembly u will understand better.
Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by basilo102: 10:26am On Dec 06, 2016
agalamanyi:
No country is one, but all countries have unified interest. Love and Prosperity of the Nation first!
Nigeria has no unified interest. That is the point, otherwise, there will be no agitations in the first place

6 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Metroescobar: 10:30am On Dec 06, 2016
grin
vitalisdiho:
I believe that biafara will stand very soon.......I'm still watching the ladder. MUHAMMED BUHARI will be the final president of one nation....2019 ELECTION WILL NOT MANIFEST

Ipob touts and senseless wishes!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by khSteel: 10:33am On Dec 06, 2016
emmasege:
Some people are just too dull to understand the basic mathematics of 1+1=2.

Intelligent observers of international politics will easily understand that Buhari is not Trump's kind of person just like Jonathan was not Obama's, and the Biafrans may have their support in Trump if their struggle is tactically and peacefully sustained. Good for them, the configuration of the world power has changed so abruptly in less than a year and it seems it's only Angela Merkel that is still standing alone among her colleagues with whom they influenced world's major decisions and direction in recent times.

With Trump and Putin on the same page and likely support from Theresa May, Buhari really has got to tread with caution in handling the IPOB palaver! He should go and learn the language of peace and how to befriend unfriendly zones, just like GEJ and Yar'adua did. Bullets can only silence people temporarily, they can't perpetually. He fuelled the fire of Biafra agitation and woke up the sleeping dog with his stupid comment of 97% and 5%, and obvious disdain for Southern Nigeria (Eastern Nigeria in particular). No leader does that and expects to have a peaceful reign.

You truly understand the whole equation. Angela Merkel is really standing alone atm.

Some people rallied for Trump's victory not because he is the better candidate but because the world didn't need the Clinton/Merkel combo; they would have greatly changed the world beyond recognition.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by CliffordOrji: 10:36am On Dec 06, 2016
Are you aware that Texas and California still seek to break away from the United States of Merica? Do you mean to tell us now that Donald Trump will grant both states their indepence since he also supports self determination
zendy:
Its good to have an American president who supports self determination. Such a president is not likely to support "unity by force" as practiced in some parts of the world including Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by CliffordOrji: 10:40am On Dec 06, 2016
seunmsg:
Biafra will only happen after Texas and California are granted their legitimate right to self determination.
Those ipod miscreants are uneducated airheads. Some of them do not know that America, just like Nigeria, also fought a Civil war between the North and the South to keep the country united

7 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by HtwoOw: 10:46am On Dec 06, 2016
Miscreants

Hahaha Biafra kor BiaTaiwan ni
Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by DozieInc(m): 10:48am On Dec 06, 2016
ok

2 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 06, 2016
agalamanyi:
Bullshit!

3 Likes

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by ElsonMorali: 10:55am On Dec 06, 2016
In a way I agree that Igbos be allowed to go (I hope no moderator will come and ban me for this, I'm just stating my opinion).

The way in which the so-called IPOB group is going about this is quite barbaric and that's why they don't have the sympathy of most level-headed people.

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that a clause be inserted in the constitution for secession, a referendum conducted so that we can be sure and then the results strictly followed.

A people shouldn't be held against their wish.

But we must be sure that majority want to leave.

1 Like

Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 06, 2016
Running204:
Bullshit!
then tear Nigeria and see if you would find what you seek! Is Enugu one? Is Anambra one? Is Lagos one? Is Kano one? Dis-unity must exist in every state even in families wing dey! We can either try to put off the flame or fan it.
Re: Biafra:tension In Asorock As Trump Recognizes Taiwan;shatters ‘one China’ Policy by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 06, 2016
basilo102:

Nigeria has no unified interest. That is the point, otherwise, there will be no agitations in the first place
They would always be agitation, the issue is greed and self interest. The West value state interest above personal gain, her personal gain is lawd.
When GEJ was president IPOB didn't protest, did GEJ tranform South South? Or Nigeria ? No is Buhari transforming Nigeria? Not yet! I think most people wey carry IPOB for head a jobless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National School Feeding Programme To Become Africa's Largest By End Of 2018 - VP / Ortom: Several Attempts Made To Eliminate Me But God Kept Me / List of State that has produce Nigeria No.1 (Head of state, President)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.