Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer (35775 Views)

Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? / When Did You Get A Job Offer After An Interview? / Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by zakim(m): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
Chris Kwekowe, a young Nigerian entrepreneur reportedly turn down a job offer be a software engineer at Microsoft, owned by the richest man in the world, Bill Gates to begin his own start-up in Lagos.

The twenty-three years old Lagos university graduate proudly revealed this to Bill Gates during a television interview for Africa’s brightest young entrepreneurs in August 2016, according to Vanguard.

He said he did so, to build up his own website called Slatecube– a website aimed at curbing Nigeria`s unemployment problem.

“When I told him, Gates was intrigued and he smiled. After the programme, all the directors were like, ‘Dude, you mean you actually turned down a job at Microsoft and had the guts to tell Bill Gates?’”

According to reports, a survey of 90,000 young Nigerians which was done in January 2016 discovered that 45% of college graduates didn’t have jobs with key reason on lack of professional skills such as: critical thinking, entrepreneurship, and decision-making.

He noted that Slatecube seeks to solve that problem by nurturing the graduates through digital internships and so far, Slatecube has an 80% employment rate for its users. Companies that have used the platform, have saved over $100,000 in 2015 by hiring skilled, ready to work employees.

Chris who recently won the 2015 Anzisha Prize which came with a $25,000 cheque, is currently seeking investors and potential employers to use Slatecube in America and expected offices in Kenya, Ghana, and South Africa in 2017.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/why-nigerian-entrepreneur-rejected-job-offer-from-bill-gates/174720.html#8e6TC9Jxjxu1EQJY.99

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
Seriously the boy get mind and strong otumokpor grin

A lot of Nigerians will even like to be cleaner for Microsoft. grin grin grin

Me reject bill gate abi bill fence. Kolework. The devil mumu no reach that side to misled me

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by phemsie(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
That's some big guts . I love that u will definitely go places. If only we have such young men here in Nigeria, we would have gone farther than where we are.

25 Likes

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Khd95(m): 1:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
I think he is quite stupid or inexperience

Why dont u work at microsoft for few years,while u as well start ur own #slatecurb,experience at microsoft will help u a great deal.

Biko which unemployment do u want to curb in dis buharimonic era

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by uc4uandc(f): 2:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
If ur papa n ur families poor and u reject Gate's offer, you be Great Idiot.
On the other hand, if ur Families can support ur ministry u get sense small pass tortoise.
I only wish u the best.

No be only this guy get potentials o! Many young Nigerian graduate are gifted (including me), but capital is Key. We start small, hoping to get bigger.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by CallofDuty(m): 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
The Juju in his village is very Sttttrrrrroooooong! cry cry

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Yoshy: 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
He is a guy with vision, back then in school, dude will skip lectures just to do his thing. Personally i believe he will achieve his goal and objective. He want to employ people not the other way round. Learn to dream big, innovate and visionize, don't talk bad about others because they don't think like you. #peace

108 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by registration(m): 5:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nice
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Benjom(m): 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
...wonderful
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by adonbilivit: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
h
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by BrutalJab: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
Adonbelieveit
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Onegai(f): 5:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
His startup is already making money. And he will probably get even more investors now.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by girlhaley(f): 5:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
Connect with bill gate......Lemmme do the job you refuse.....biko

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by ttime(m): 5:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
Khd95:

Why dont u work at microsoft for few years,while u as well start ur own #slatecurb,experience at microsoft will help u a great deal.

I think ur destiny is sealed in eleganza cooler already.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by jtjohn(m): 5:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
The Mod that ban me for no just cause....Thank u

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by WebSurfer(m): 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Pavore9: 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
It tales guts.

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by johnstar(m): 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
K
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by kinglekan: 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2016

Slatecube has a very friendly user interface. Its a nice concept introducing digital learning in Nigeria for free. The site is just like Alison or Lynda, however I believe there is lot of prospects if he has more digital contents that appeal to the Nigerian market.

To those saying he made the wrong choice by turning down the Job offer from Microsoft, learn to support and honour the choices of others. If you want to work for Microsoft then do that, we all don't want the same things out of life. I wish him the very best.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Peacetemi: 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Khd95:

He made his own choice, you have no right to call someone stupid for making a choice they think is best for them.

22 Likes

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by ademijuwonlo(f): 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
He has goals and he is working towards actualizing them.

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by ceeceebobo(m): 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
Kudos Chris! We are coming right behind you, to overtake you. wink

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Elgeelistic: 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
I think the young man is overly excited about his idea which is good, but he made a very big mistake by rejecting he offer. Take the offer, build your competence with Microsoft for one or max 2 years, get necessary connection and funds before you launch out on your own 100%.

However, I sincerely pray you prove me wrong in 5yrs time.

30 Likes

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Qmerit(m): 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
Khd95:

you re the one stupid and inexperience here oboy...
Not that young man ok.
Is not every body that says SIR, SIR, SIR.
Is Christ not human like Gate
Be there, shouting Buhari Economy/recession while your mates are making
waves/histories

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by dabrightt: 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
I Think he has vision but It should have been better for him to gain more experience with microsoft .. Anyway may God help you on ur dream

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Rett0: 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
Take the offer, get some experience and money, then move on.

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
That's Great !
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
The guy is very courageous & determined to attain his stated goal. I wish him all the best in his career pursuit.

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Tonyosas101(m): 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hard to believe
Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by tiwasiaife(m): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
NEW VEHICLE ASSEMBLING PLANT TO GENERATE 750 JOBS IN ENUGU NEWS | DECEMBER 6, 2016 | BY OUR REPORTER About 750 new jobs will be created between now and August next year when a Chinese firm Hawtai rolls out its Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs ) to be assembled at the Eastern Vehicle Assembling Limited (EVAL) in Enugu . This is as research conducted by the company indicated that at least thirty percent raw materials input sourced locally would form part of assemblage of the 24 th century stock of cars . EVAL Managing Director, Sir Joseph Okechukwu , who stated this in Enugu recently , added the firm was investing about five billion Naira into the project in line with the Federal Government ’s effort to localize industries. He stated that President Muhammadu Buhari would on December 10 th inaugurate the project sitting on 50 hectares of land at Egede , Ninth mile , Udi council area , adding that the vehicles are 100 percent steel construction. “The project is one of a kind because the vehicles we are about to bring into Nigeria , is a twenty four century technology vehicles . They are 100 % steel construction . This is in partnership with Hawtai in China. The vehicles are highly technological. It will for the first 3 Greal time system vehicle , ” he stated. Okechukwu , who was part of the Federal Government ’s delegation during President Buhari’ s visit to China, added that the interest in the Hawtai range of cars increased after the visit where the delegation discussed with officials of the company. “Haitai Motor Group , are the only Chinese Vehicle manufacturer with 10 years experience in SUV production , largest clean diesel , and Intellectual property right on automobile. They intend to develop our own local materials to support the industry which has a time frame . They will reduce our dependence on foreign components. We are going to have supporting industries that will help in the components of the vehicles . They are bringing quality vehicles not fiber . Affordability is the key and the vehicles are covered with five years warranty and they intend to have Showrooms in all the six geo political zones staring with southeast” , he said .

Re: Chris Kwekowe Rejects Bill Gates Job Offer by Asam2(m): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
to me he is wrong

he should accept the offer then start building his website and employment things letters, no matter how skillful you are, some one will see u down and teach u like a baby.

good for him..

National Task Force Screening Exercise / The Graduate That Advertised His CV At The Railway Station Finally Gets A JOB!! / When The Employer Wants You To Be 25years With 9years Experience