Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? (10277 Views)

Intelligent Design - A Rational Conclusion / Arguments Against Intelligent Design / Can NL Atheists Dare To Refute This Logical Evidence For Intelligent Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Ranchhoddas: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

No, but then he won't be the almighty. He's doing his best but if God can't create a plan without drawbacks or flaws, then he is not all powerful... If he was all powerful, he would have the ability to create a system where "evil would not be necessary"... Could god have prevented the death of the child while his plan still works perfectly?? U can't choose one or the other, it has to be both
I'm perplexed. What exactly do you mean by almighty?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
NinjaX:

Weird as it may seem, that law goes further to defeat the existence of God and the cycle of life - as the bible states that God has no beginning nor end.

Boom! Again we are hurled back at the starting point. More confusion.
Chai... This is totally new to me... Buh I guess that's the appeal of religion, no questions asked, simply believe... Therefore, no confusion...
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I'm perplexed. What exactly do you mean by almighty?
Almighty means someone who can do ALL THINGS, ANY THING.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Ranchhoddas: 8:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

Almighty means someone who can do ALL THINGS, ANY THING.
This is where I think you get it wrong. God's omnipotence does not apply to illogic. He can not make a rock so heavy He would not be able to lift, He can not make a square circle etc.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 8:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is where I think you get it wrong. God's omnipotence does not apply to illogic. He can not make a rock so heavy He would not be able to lift, He can not make a square circle etc.
Really?? That is in itself a limitation and limitations are against the idea of omnipotence... And am not even talking about illogicality...
When God created the earth, while allow earthquakes if he could have excluded them completely.. At the time of creation ooh
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
Still no proof of a great flood ever happening though
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Scholar8200(m): 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
But how will a no-intelligent design make sense to the intelligent? Can a baby scribble on the sand with his legs and it be discovered that he just wrote a nursery rhyme?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Ranchhoddas: 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

Really?? That is in itself a limitation and limitations are against the idea of omnipotence... And am not even talking about illogicality...
When God created the earth, while allow earthquakes if he could have excluded them completely.. At the time of creation ooh
Limitations are against your idea of omnipotence, not the Bible's. You are arguing against a God you have created.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Limitations are against your idea of omnipotence, not the Bible's. You are arguing against a God you have created.
No! It's exactly the God of the bible...
Bible says God can do all things, so that means God could have created the earth without the needs for earthquakes?? Is that right??
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

Chai... This is totally new to me... Buh I guess that's the appeal of religion, no questions asked, simply believe... Therefore, no confusion...

Exactly! Which is why I'm caught up between Atheism and Theism.

The inconsistency and incredibility of religion was why the idea of faith got invented; faith is used to tie loose nuts at the final resort.

Religions appeals only to sentiments, it cannot survive for long against logic. And last time I checked, burning passion overrides reason, and decisions laced with sentiments often yield negative results.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Ranchhoddas: 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

No! It's exactly the God of the bible...
Bible says God can do all things, so that means God could have created the earth without the needs for earthquakes?? Is that right??
He also could have created a world with the need for earthquakes. Is that right?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

It's amazing that u didn't look for the Hebrew and Greek translations of the word under ground but if it were a passage of the bible not scientifically accurate, u would bring in different translations to show that the English translation is not correct...
Anyways, Gen 8:2
2 The outlets of the water beneath the earth and the floodgates of the sky were closed. The rain stopped, 3 and the water gradually went down for 150 days
So the passage through which the water burst through was closed before the water started going down... So where did the water go... See, just when you thought your bible had scientific backing, it shoots itself in the foot once again

You have this very wrong mentality of assuming that everything must agree with science when science is even trying to make sense of it all.

Thank you for admitting from what you wrote that the water came from underneath. If you agree it came from underneath and science is just discovering that now...I do not think you should then worry about where the water went because that would surely be discovered soon as well by your very precious science.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

Describe God?? I don't believe in God, if tomorrow there's proof of the type of God that we imagine, then I would be the most ardent believer

if tomorrow there is proof of God that you imagine so I asked you what is the description of this type of God which you imagine?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

U have still not countered my argument... Omniscience doesn't remove anything from the argument... Make this easy for both of us... Use the earthquake analogy to disprove my argument

You always think everything must be an argument and someone must disprove something. I speak from a position of knowledge while you are the seeker. I will tell you what I know so its up to you to sit down and marinate on it or to keep looking for whom would keep up an imaginary argument with you.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 9:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
He also could have created a world with the need for earthquakes. Is that right?
If he is good... Y create need for earthquakes??
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:
what is good? Can you explain "good" to us?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by ifenes(m): 9:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

1. Who is Jesus to you ?

2. Is life on earth a creation of a higher civilization supposedly called the Elohims

3. Can you explain how life ultimately began

Jesus is a lane man's story of how unique man is. Jesus is s metaphor to reform deeply religious human. On the contrary it has nothing to do with Christianity. Jesus is an embodiment of a enhanced and functioning mindset. But Jesus is not real,but an illustration.

5 Likes

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Ranchhoddas: 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:
Necessary 'evil' ??
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
4everGod:

You always think everything must be an argument and someone must disprove something. I speak from a position of knowledge while you are the seeker. I will tell you what I know so its up to you to sit down and marinate on it or to keep looking for whom would keep up an imaginary argument with you.
Of course it's not an argument... I made a valid point and u have not been able to counter it... Not because u don't want to coz u've tried many times but because u can't... This argument has been made by many philosophers without any satisfactory response from the theologists, if u studied philosophy in university u would've encountered this argument...
And u don't speak from a position of knowledge, u only assume there is God, in fact there is more evidence of evolution than creation... But that's not even the point, all theists have tried and failed to address this dilemma, so it's nothing to be ashamed of really.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Necessary 'evil' ??
How can something be necessary for God?? Can God make that evil no longer necessary?? It's seems u people don't really understand the point am making here
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
ifenes:

Jesus is a lane man's story of how unique man is. Jesus is s metaphor to reform deeply religious human. On the contrary it has nothing to do with Christianity. Jesus is an embodiment of a enhanced and functioning mindset. But Jesus is not real,but an illustration.

Buddha , Confucius , Jain nko
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
4everGod:

if tomorrow there is proof of God that you imagine so I asked you what is the description of this type of God which you imagine?
I imagine the same type of God you do... Only that I know it's not true because of the realities of this world... That God is only in our imagination... Well, u can't get everything u want, right??
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=foladara777 post=51697562]
Of course it's not an argument... I made a valid point and u have not been able to counter it... Not because u don't want to coz u've tried many times but because u can't

Not indulging your craving does not mean i have no answer and in fact the answer has been staring you in the face all along. Sometimes its best to let someone wallow so they can realise how dirty it is down there and seek to be cleaned

... This argument has been made by many philosophers without any satisfactory response from the theologists, if u studied philosophy in university u would've encountered this argument...

Everyone has a mind which they choose to accept or reject things with just as you are doing here.

And u don't speak from a position of knowledge, u only assume there is God, in fact there is more evidence of evolution than creation... But that's not even the point, all theists have tried and failed to address this dilemma, so it's nothing to be ashamed of really.

On the contrary i speak from a place of knowledge. I say this because i have experience...and that trumps assumption any day. You are the one having assumptions of God not existing and assuming that life began with a big bang and even here on this thread the article has clearly shown intelligent design as randomness cannot give purpose. The so called proof of evolution which you have is streamlined to support the big bang which we all know is a deliberate act but the more they do this, the more creation speaks for itself like in the case of this article. The last part of the article said this and i quote (Note the part in red)

Aside from potentially changing scientists' understanding of water reservoirs far below the Earth's surface, Hermann said this research champions a new way of thinking about the deep Earth in general. The researchers would not have found this new phase if they had favored the accepted version, he said.

So can you tell me what the accepted version was?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Ranchhoddas: 10:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

How can something be necessary for God?? Can God make that evil no longer necessary?? It's seems u people don't really understand the point am making here
I understand that you are hell-bent on arguing against a God which you have created in your head. If you disagree, show me from the bible how you arrived at these omni omni attributes you are so determined to confer on God.
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

I imagine the same type of God you do... Only that I know it's not true because of the realities of this world... That God is only in our imagination... Well, u can't get everything u want, right??

You are contradicting yourself.

First you say this Christian God is flawed and cannot be good or omnipotent and here you are saying you imagine the same type of God i do?

You then went ahead to boldly declare that you know its not true and that God is only an imagination. smh And you call yourself rational?

How can you imagine what you do not believe in or what you believe does not exist? Where and how would you even begin to imagine God since he does not exist?

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=4everGod post=51697861][/quote] Really?? This study proves creation?? Plsss... There is actual evidence of evolution, fossils and the rest... U people claim the beauty of the world and stuff proves the awesomeness of God but the imperfections are not of God... For example, a bouncing baby boy= God is great, a baby with down syndrome or conjoined twins= ?...
And don't pretend u just don't want to answer, if you knew the answer u would say... I understand why you won't admit the inconsistencies of the Christian god, I also didn't admit it when I was a Christian
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
4everGod:

You are contradicting yourself.

First you say this Christian God is flawed and cannot be good or omnipotent and here you are saying you imagine the same type of God i do?

You then went ahead to boldly declare that you know its not true and that God is only an imagination. smh And you call yourself rational?

How can you imagine what you do not believe in or what you believe does not exist? Where and how would you even begin to imagine God since he does not exist?

undecided
I imagine a lot of things I do not believe... I imagine that batman is real and he comes and defeats boko haram but I don't believe in him or that he exists
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=foladara777 post=51698500]
Really?? This study proves creation?? Plsss... There is actual evidence of evolution, fossils and the rest... U people claim the beauty of the world and stuff proves the awesomeness of God but the imperfections are not of God... For example, a bouncing baby boy= God is great, a baby with down syndrome or conjoined twins= ?...

I honestly do not think you reason rationally. When did i ever say imperfections are not attributable to God? I simply told you that even an intelligent designer can choose to make something imperfect so he can bring about a perfect purpose out of it. I believe you can understand english.

And don't pretend u just don't want to answer, if you knew the answer u would say... I understand why you won't admit the inconsistencies of the Christian god, I also didn't admit it when I was a Christian

Your mind is making up things as you go along. There is no inconsistency with God. So far in just a few hours i have seen so much inconsistency in you which you have failed to see.

God has a purpose in a bigger picture and you are too finite and too infinitesimal to be privy to it. Heck you are not even privy to the goings on in your life in advance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

I imagine a lot of things I do not believe... I imagine that batman is real and he comes and defeats boko haram but I don't believe in him or that he exists

You do not imagine a batman boko haram encounter so stop lying about that. The point is this..if you are absolutely sure God does not exist why would you go through the motions of imagining that He does? Are you having conflicting interests?

Its like saying i do not believe in 5 legged dogs then one day i begin to imagine one and saying oh how i wish they exist. For what purpose? Is it that i feel they could actually fit into my world or in some way have a role to play in it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by foladara777(m): 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=4everGod post=51698666][/quote]
Lemme explain for the last time since u don't get the logic... Why would the almighty God need imperfections to effect his purpose... If he's God, he should be able to effect his purpose without imperfections...
Say what u want but a God that kills 42 children is not even good in the first place
And how come u know what I can and cannot imagine... Are u God too??
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

Say what u want but a God that kills 42 children is not even good in the first place

You mean it is wrong for God who gave them life to take it back for whatever reason ?
Re: Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
foladara777:

Lemme explain for the last time since u don't get the logic... Why would the almighty God need imperfections to effect his purpose... If he's God, he should be able to effect his purpose without imperfections...

Again you are making things up as you go along. Now you are switching to the 42 Lads and not Children.

Let me even ask your supposed logical mind a question.

The bible says 2 she bears came out and went for these 42 lads right? They were not Children. The translation says Juveniles and those are Lads or rightly put teenagers.

You actually believe 2 she bears would come at 42 young lads and they would stand there watching and waiting for the bears to kill them? I mean they would stand there and wait for their own turn to die? So what happened to the flight instinct which is most appropriate?

The Bible said they were split. This means they were scattered and not killed. The interpretation says SPLIT. So i do not know where you got yours from.

Now to the top i have asked you repeatedly, does being perfect mean you cannot create imperfection?

You were asked to define ALMIGHTY and you said one who can do anything, anytime and anyhow yet you ask this question?

If God is Almighty and PERFECT as you put it then how is it that in his Almighty nature he cannot yet create imperfection for a conclusive perfect purpose?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What are your three most important prayer points For 2022? / Polytheists Vs Trinity / Does Praying For The Dead Really Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.