Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Naija Music Industry Needs To Wake Up - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Naija Music Industry Needs To Wake Up (513 Views)

Bosun Performance At TVC Wake Up Show. He Is A Nairalander / 5 Trending Topics For January In The Nigeria Music Industry / Biggest Moments In Nigerian Music Industry In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naija Music Industry Needs To Wake Up by sebali: 7:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
Abt an hr ago I turned on the T. V to sound city and they were showing Top Ten Kenya... I was obviously late as I met the show at no. 3 up wards... I listened to just 3 songs and realized the music industry in Nigeria needs to wake up from its slumber or risk losing hold on Africa as we currently do.... Remember when American artists use to flood naija 4 shows. Its no longer the case because our music grew. Thats what's happening right now in east Africa, their music is getting better and better with the likes of Diamond Platinumz, Sauti Sol etc.

What made the difference btw kenya top 10 and naija top 10

1. The beat was different for all 3 songs I listened to unlike naija were the industry is now a Mono-beat industry
2. The lyrics were tight....Unlike were Naija hit song=gibberish
3. The 3 videos I watched were decent... No yansh sampling, no breast flaunting, etc

If we don't sit up, what happened to Nollyhood a few yrs ago(its picking up now) would happen to the music industry.

N. B: I downloaded 2 of the 3 songs i met.
1.Stars by Sauti Sol(its a song of hope, good lyrics)
3. One Time by Rosa Ree(For rap and metaphor lovers... This is dope)

U can download them from www.tubidy.com

1 Like

Re: Naija Music Industry Needs To Wake Up by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 08, 2016
Why are they not dominating Africa?

If one Nigerian artists should go to their country you will see them rushing to meet him...

Don't make it sound as if we don't have people that sing with good lyrics in naija, we have them here too.

Whatever that will bring in the money, Bros continue to do it

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

MUSIC: Lady Vee - Song For The Street / A Nairalander Release New Track Tittle:- African Beauty / Ex Bbnaija Housemate Uriel Oputa Team Up With Baseline For A New Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.