Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,852 members, 7,798,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' (1154 Views)

First Episode Of Game Of Thrones Was Pirated 55 Million Times In Just 24 Hours / The Entire Storyline Of Game Of Thrones Season 7 Leaked Episode By Episode / Game Of Thrones Season 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' by Jalapa01(m): 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
Guess what, Game of Thrones fans? The Winds of Winter, if you can believe it, is not going to be a happy read.

George R. R. Martin has confirmed as much.

While answering questions onstage at Guadalajara International Book Fair, the author addressed the tone of his next instalment.

"There are a lot of dark chapters right now in the book that I'm writing," he said. "You know, it is called The Winds of Winter, and I've been telling you for 20 years that winter was coming. And winter's the time when things die, and you know... cold, and ice, and darkness fills the world.

"So this is not going to be the happy, feel-good book that people may be hoping for."

Yep, that's right: "Winter's the time when things die." That doesn't bode well, does it?

Martin went on to say that some of the characters are in a very dark place.

"In any story, the classic structure is things get worse before they get better," he said. "So things are getting worse for a lot of people."

During the hour-long Q & A (which you can watch in full above), Martin also spoke briefly about the end of his A Song of Ice and Fire series.

"We'll see by the end of the book if I've left any loose ends," he said in response to a question on juggling so many different characters. "I hope not.

"That's not to say that everything is going to be tied up completely neatly in a bow. I think there's a difference between a loose end and something that's deliberately left by the author ambiguous, or something for the readers to think about and worry about and debate about."

So from the sounds of it, A Dream of Spring might not be an entirely neat finish to the series. Or — as you probably guessed — a cheerful one.

"I'm not going to tell you how I'm going to end my book," said Martin. "But I suspect the overall flavour is going to be as much bittersweet as it is happy."

More details at http://www.bookspen.com/hints-game-thrones-season-7-george-r-r-martin-confirms-winds-winter-will-not-happy-book/

1 Like

Re: Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' by Lh19(m): 9:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
R. R. Martin is one of the most slowest authors in the world and I honestly think after the release of Winds of Winter they won't be another book again cuz he would be dead before he concludes it.

angry angry angry
Re: Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' by franugo(m): 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
Lh19:
R. R. Martin is one of the most slowest authors in the world and I honestly think after the release of Winds of Winter they won't be another book again cuz he would be dead before he concludes it.

angry angry angry

lol, u no well o
Re: Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' by Lh19(m): 7:16pm On Dec 07, 2016
franugo:

lol, u no well o

Bros you sef reason am na, it takes the guy years to complete one book and he don already old sef na death remain for am.
Re: Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' by pamcode(m): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2016
Lh19:

Bros you sef reason am na, it takes the guy years to complete one book and he don already old sef na death remain for am.
He is 68 already but then if he has no terminal illness he should still be alive in the next eight to ten years.
Re: Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' by Lh19(m): 9:56am On Dec 08, 2016
pamcode:
He is 68 already but then if he has no terminal illness he should still be alive in the next eight to ten years.

Bros, trust me there won't be another book. He's too lazy to write and he's getting older now and that means he needs more time in order to complete a book.
And to make matters worse he hasn't finished Winds of Winter yet so I'm affirmative he would never release the next one.
Re: Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' by pamcode(m): 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
Lh19:

Bros, trust me there won't be another book. He's too lazy to write and he's getting older now and that means he needs more time in order to complete a book.
And to make matters worse he hasn't finished Winds of Winter yet so I'm affirmative he would never release the next one.
You are right i read some where that we should not be expecting the completion until late next year. Looks like we would have to just do with the HBO adaptation. But i would love if he could finish it.
Re: Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' by Lh19(m): 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2016
pamcode:
You are right i read some where that we should not be expecting the completion until late next year. Looks like we would have to just do with the HBO adaptation. But i would love if he could finish it.

I wish so too but we can't all get what we want cry cry cry
Re: Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' by Jalapa01(m): 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
Lh19:

I wish so too but we can't all get what we want cry cry cry
Whatever the case, shey next season is the second to the last?
Re: Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' by Lh19(m): 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
Jalapa01:
Whatever the case, shey next season is the second to the last?

Yes bro angry angry but I heard HBO is considering making a Game of thrones prequel grin grin
Re: Author Of Game Of Thrones Novels Gives Hints Season 7 And 'the Winds Of Winter' by Nickizoe(f): 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
Awwww!

(1) (Reply)

TSTV To Start Commercial Sales November 1st - NAN / Nigeria Movie: CRAZY PEOPLE!!! Will Hit The Cinema On The 25th Of May / American Movies Versus American Tv Series : Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.