Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,545 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:39 PM

Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase (27943 Views)

FG approves Tax Reduction For Telecom Firms / FG Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase / NCC Suspends Data Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by MsFaith: 7:07am On Dec 07, 2016
May God help our country.
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by soccerdrum(m): 7:08am On Dec 07, 2016
All this ministers sef.. I believe say nor be dem deh sub their internet.
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by OneangleFarms(m): 7:08am On Dec 07, 2016
where re the G boys? I trust the new price will not affect you guys.. God will surely continue to bless your hustles... cos na uno dey help we wey dey try survive.. Petrol price no stop hustle.... now internet price can not.. God bless every unemployed Graduate... God bless good mums, you will all enjoy the fruit of your labor... God bless all bread winner of every family.. God bless every good husbands ... God bless everyone on Nairaland.. SEUN i respect you so much.. I have been blessed so much here on Nairaland.. Lets look up to God only not this evil politicians .... Nigeria will be great again ..

3 Likes

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by chuksoyo21(m): 7:09am On Dec 07, 2016
N-Power Oyigbo Whatsapp Group Chat Link

https:///6ANi9hWMg6mAial6xRyWkG

or call=>08069512904
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by Heterodox(m): 7:09am On Dec 07, 2016
Fix things or get loss. Unfriendly environment? Fucking make it friendly then!!
Anyway, with my signature, the increase should not bother you.

1 Like

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by Opakan2: 7:10am On Dec 07, 2016
E good sef.. we go rest from 'begun doing', 'begun eating'.. bla bla bla people wey full Nairaland with their yeye grammar

wretched people won't need to worry about internet again. Another boost for cafes
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by jahsson(m): 7:11am On Dec 07, 2016
Until we #BOYCOTT these people... They wont have sense....

1 Like

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 07, 2016
candy:
Is it our fault that the government has failed to provide favorable operating conditions for telecos? If the operators, despite the harsh operating conditions are willing to sell below 0.90k, why will NCC discourage them from doing so?

Are the consumers themselves not already overburdened with tax, lack of stable electricity, delayed/unpaid salaries? Who now protects us, if NCC protects the smaller operators by allowing a benchmark price of 0.90k, even when the likes of Airtel are willing to go as low as 0.46k?

Are the new/smaller operators they seek to protect not aware of these harsh economic realities before choosing to invest here? I think they should instead look for heavy investors to help them compete with the big guns in the industry.

I still don't see NCC's point. Let the market dictate the price!

Thumbs Up! Your head dey there kampe. My thoughts exactly. Baldadash.
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 07, 2016
Monopoly with the cheapest tarriff is a welcome development

2 Likes

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by pol23: 7:12am On Dec 07, 2016
This enough reason to accept data increasement and government removement.
stupid leaders every where in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by shumuel(m): 7:13am On Dec 07, 2016
sad chai !
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by SycophanticGoat: 7:14am On Dec 07, 2016
dustmalik:
I knew the suspension of pricing increment was just a temporary stall, that it would eventually be implemented anyway. Useless country.

Mr man, stop wailing and shout Sai Barbarian for me... cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by greenermodels: 7:14am On Dec 07, 2016
only the strong and those filled with grace or both would survive this this buhari regime. in God i trust.
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by Aliyukb: 7:15am On Dec 07, 2016
l do not see any genuine reason for hiking the data price from NCC .
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 07, 2016
timbros:
This man keep referring to the days of NITEL. How many operators were in existence then?

I still don't get it. So NCC is more interested in the protection of the so called smaller operators than the over 170 million consumers nationwide?

This is absolutely disgusting.
Really absurd..interests of Starcom and Smiles are more paramount than most Nigerian.

Must those small operators come into the business when they have no strength to compete with big boys like globalcom , MTN et al who have paid their dues in the past ..!

1 Like

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by Lekewhite(m): 7:16am On Dec 07, 2016
It a pity that despite our trust on this government, they keep making us regret why millions of Nigeria voted them in. why can't this old men stop all this excuses all in the name of their selfish pocket interest... O God what a useless government we have.
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by greenermodels: 7:17am On Dec 07, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Mr man, stop wailing and shout Sai Barbarian for me... cool cool
he's already wailing with style.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by Linux007(m): 7:18am On Dec 07, 2016
The government are supposed to find the solution to reduce their cost of operation, not the masses bearing the brut.
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by SycophanticGoat: 7:19am On Dec 07, 2016
candy:
Is it our fault that the government has failed to provide favorable operating conditions for telecos? If the operators, despite the harsh operating conditions are willing to sell below 0.90k, why will NCC discourage them from doing so?

Are the consumers themselves not already overburdened with tax, lack of stable electricity, delayed/unpaid salaries? Who now protects us, if NCC protects the smaller operators by allowing a benchmark price of 0.90k, even when the likes of Airtel are willing to go as low as 0.46k?

Are the new/smaller operators they seek to protect not aware of these harsh economic realities before choosing to invest here? I think they should instead look for heavy investors to help them compete with the big guns in the industry.

I still don't see NCC's point. Let the market dictate the price!

Glo even goes as low as 25k/KB. You know, the NCC isn't trying to help any small operator, forget all the nonsense they're spewing here. The useless body called NCC wants to help Buhari fleece Nigerians as usual. Don't be surprised they'd get some cut from the increase and also, they see Internet as a luxury that not everyone should be able to afford.

By the time the demon from Daura is through with Nigeria, even war torn countries will be thanking God their country isn't like Nigeria. I just pray that I'd have left this hell hole by then.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by Atiku2019: 7:21am On Dec 07, 2016
We are waiting ........ cry

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by modsfucker: 7:21am On Dec 07, 2016
In another development, NNPC has directed that no filling station should sell fuel (PMS) below N140 per litre. The recent move by the agency was to save smaller stations from being forced out of the market due to price war going on in the market.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by OversightTM(m): 7:21am On Dec 07, 2016
timbros:
This man keep referring to the days of NITEL. How many operators were in existence then?

I still don't get it. So NCC is more interested in the protection of the so called smaller operators than the over 170 million consumers nationwide?

This is absolutely disgusting.
You can imagine the level of intellect a so-called minister can have. We've four major telcos and he keeps talking about monopoly and NITEL,I just tire...

3 Likes

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by curvilicious: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2016
Anybody who is understanding should explanation this men to me
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by Jabioro: 7:25am On Dec 07, 2016
The NCC had comes to senate floor to speak twisted grammar,ranting and unrelized self injuries..l can understood d useless mouth..
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by SycophanticGoat: 7:26am On Dec 07, 2016
greenermodels:
he's already wailing with style.

With style or he's now a full blown wailer? When people (Shi'ites and IPOB) were massacred by NA, when Buhari disobeyed Court orders, when Buhari started increasing prices of one thing or another, when Buhari was goofing here and there, when he took more than 6months to select cabinet members and even ensured his nepotism status came to play, when Buhari's men were characterized with trial and error, and policy summasult, when Buhari was shielding criminals in his cabinet, he and his ilks were busy hailing Buhari. Now, just because NCC want to increase ordinary data, he's wailing more than the wailers?

4 Likes

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 07, 2016
Buhari was sent from the bottomless pit of HELL to IMPOVERISH the common man!
If we don't CAGE the DEMON asap, naija 'll sink!
# BUHARI MUST GO!
# the diabolic nomad derives joy in seeing people SUFFER!
#CAGE the crazy bald head!

2 Likes

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by wristbangle: 7:26am On Dec 07, 2016
These foolish people don come again with their cock and bull story.

The Minister of communication who looks unkempt and NCC rogues needs to be sack with immediate effect. Their role play is nothing but shameful and derogatory.
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by bond007i(m): 7:27am On Dec 07, 2016
so what this man is trying to tell me is that Nigerians are not suffering from lack of power or even the security situation?
weyre rey o!
Or is it that the man didn't do economics in secondary school, or maybe the NCC is suffering from collective amnesia!
I THOUGHT MARKET FORCES DICTATES THE PRICE, SINCE WHEN DID NCC BECOME A MARKET FORCE, no be free data and calling them dey do?

Awon oloshi

2 Likes

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by bareal(m): 7:27am On Dec 07, 2016
Evil people everywhere!
Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by SIRmanjar(m): 7:28am On Dec 07, 2016
If una try am eh.I go single handedly terrorize all d hole telecom company.I go destroy servers,burn telecom buildings, destroy advertising bill board,vandalize anytin wey relate to telecom.Me wey de use 1.5gb under 3dayz.I redy protest go asorock.
Abi una dey craze 4 diz country sef?I no dey too drive car.Y?petrol cost,food item cost,evry damn tin cost.Yeye pipu.Cowz
Highest I destroy my fone start to dey right letter.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Advises Nigerians To Brace For Telecom Data Price Increase by debuscket(m): 7:28am On Dec 07, 2016
Some people are so bent on killing and burying us in this country. This useless minister is more concerned about the interest of few operators than millions of Nigerians languishing in hardship.

I wish I can invoke thunder on some pple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recommemded Ucbrowser Add-ons To Download / Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why / Get Etisalat Data Plan.. 2gb For N2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.