Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,010 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance (29776 Views)

Nigeria Receives 2018 AWCON Trophy After Defeating South Africa (Video) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: AWCON 2018 - 4 - 0 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: AWCON Finals (1 - 0) On 3rd December 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 07, 2016
Pinnick threatens players as Sanusi begs for time

The drama surrounding the payment of match bonuses and allowances of Super Falcons by the Nigeria Football Federation gets messier yesterday (Tuesday) as the players threatened to hold onto the African Women Cup of Nations trophy they won last Saturday.

The NFF had promised to pay the players and the officials on Monday when they returned to the country on Sunday after claiming their eighth AWCON title in Cameroon, but officials of the soccer federation did not even show up at the Agora Hotel, Abuja where they lodged the team on the said day let alone give them money.

Our correspondent learnt on Tuesday that things almost got out of hand when the NFF President, Amaju Pinnick, eventually visited the team and told them that there was no money to pay.

Sources at the meeting told New Telegraph that the meeting almost ended in fiasco as the players vowed to remain at the hotel until their money is paid.

They even grabbed the trophy they won and vowed not to release it until they are paid. “Pinnick was trying to pacify the players to exercise patience that they will be paid soon, but they (the players) asked him to be specific and the manner those of them asked the question got the NFF boss angry,” a source who was at the meeting told New Telegraph.

“The NFF boss was not happy with the way the stars were handling the issue and made some statements that also infuriated the players. I won’t tell you what Pinnick said because it is better you people don’t write those things.” The NFF General Secretary, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi, had earlier visited the team and also begged the players to be patient.

He attempted to give them N50,000 each as transport fare which they rejected. One of the players, who did not want her name in print, said they would stay until concrete arrangement is reached on the payment.

“We are aware of what happened to the U-17 and U-20 female teams who left with empty promises and we do not want to have the same ex-perience.

Before we left there were promises they made and until they fulfill them we will remain in this place,” she said. In a statement released by the federation, Sanusi was quoted to have said at the meeting that: “I have come to appeal to you, to understand the situation of the federation and the country at the moment and exercise patience.

“We will pay you all monies you are being owed as soon as we receive same from the government, just as we paid the U-17 boys who won the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile last year, after the tournament.

And just as we sorted out Coach Samson Siasia’s wages as soon as we had the funds, after the Olympics.” He added that: “We know we have financial commitment to you (players and officials of Super Falcons) and we have not at any time stated otherwise. But the money is not readily available at the moment.”

Sanusi said the NFF had embarked on aggressive drive to find a permanent solution to the issue of owing players and coaches. “In relation to all these, we are in the process of sorting out our TSA domiciliary accounts so that we can receive our due grants from FIFA and CAF, including the $80,000 prize money from the AWCON, once it is available.”

Meanwhile, Sanusi has confirmed that the NFF is waiting for words from the Federal Government on when the African champions will be hosted to a state reception.

“The reception is out of our hands. We are waiting on the Federal Government, and as soon as we have confirmation of the date, we will inform the players and officials to regroup in

https://newtelegraphonline.com/shame-falcons-seize-awcon-trophy-reject-nffs-n50-000-allowance/

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by softMarket(m): 7:05am On Dec 07, 2016
YES!!!
I support them 1000%

THUnDER FIRE NFF THERE!

233 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by Bishop4bella(m): 7:07am On Dec 07, 2016
Shameless NFF. Embezzlement is their watch word.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by Damibiz(m): 7:10am On Dec 07, 2016
Infact....u guys should go nd sale that trophy to Cameroon,i think they will be very happy to Buy it,since money no dey..........my fellow NL abi dis plan no good ?

213 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by Damibiz(m): 7:12am On Dec 07, 2016
Infact....u guys should go nd sale that trophy to Cameroon,i think they will be very happy to Buy it,since money no dey..........my fellow NL abi dis plan no good ?#hala madrid

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by DIKEnaWAR: 7:14am On Dec 07, 2016
Bishop4bella:
Shameless NFF. Embezzlement is their watch word.

True NFF embezzle their money, true we have an incompetent Minister of sports, the real problem is Buhari who thinks sports is a waste of money and not important. Let his zombies deny it, but that is the truth.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 07, 2016
am very sure Nigeria is not owning any of the NFF officials , but the super falcons can always be fed with stories....50k t-fare for a whole national team after winning the title. what if they came second or third. That cup must remain "seized" till further notice.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by Tallesty1(m): 7:17am On Dec 07, 2016
You will never see sarrki on threads like this

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 07, 2016
I love this style

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by rayblast(m): 7:33am On Dec 07, 2016
Seize ke? Falcon una dey para o. Make una catch Dalung and pinnick comot dem boxers join dem boxers with d Trophy.
correct set of ladies !!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by Jafar1: 7:39am On Dec 07, 2016
50,000? NFF IS SHAME TO FOOTBALL

NO WONDER OUR NT COACHES KEEPS RESIGNING...TGEY SHOULD SELL THAT TROPHY AND MAKE USE OF THE MONEY

11 Likes

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by decatalyst(m): 7:57am On Dec 07, 2016
Most of our public figures are a joke!

The most annoying of them all is the so called 'technical advisers' 'special advisers'. Shameful set of people

5 Likes

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by def111(m): 8:08am On Dec 07, 2016
Na buhari work be that. evil president... 50k wan no reach $200,... if I be one of those player, I go carry the cup travel to my club in Europe

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by youngmexxy: 8:09am On Dec 07, 2016
kai...what if they had not won the trophy??

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by ki10(m): 8:30am On Dec 07, 2016
with the way things are going in this country any hope for we the grassroot footballers

4 Likes

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by GossipHeart(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2016

Buhari is a big joke

The other time, it was a man from far away Japan that paid for our Super Eagles hotel rooms fee at the Olympic

Our National team did very well even without the support of the government and the same man was impressed with how well we did and he gave the Super Eagles millions of naira, what happened next would shock you :

The government wanted to seize the money and share it among themselves

Buhari is a disgrace

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by herzern1(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2016
AFCON winninq entitlement is around 1-2 million dollars.

I thouqht CAF rewards all competitions winners.

Oh oh!.The ladies want entitlement and bonuses.

The economic condition isn't on the proqressive side younq ladies.Exercise a little patience.

ASUU is threateninq strike already.We have priorities!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by veekid(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2016

buhari sef
Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:23am On Dec 07, 2016
Pinnick at it again

3 Likes

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by LesbianBoy(m): 9:24am On Dec 07, 2016
What kind of mumu government is this bikonu? angry

How did we even get here as a nation sef?

Nothing seems to be working! angry

And as for that pinnick whatever! Na God go punish am! How dare the Idiot man threaten the players because they are demanding for their money! No be the idiot wey throw lavish birthday party some days ago wey the likes of e-money and co. attend! If you see this bastard house you will be asking yourself if the house is in nigeria or abroad undecided

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2016
Useless nation.
Sai BaBa

1 Like

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by Goat4sale: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by SurePresident: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2016
Any power! that wants to belittle my effort and achievements, ......
Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2016
Funny but expected

3 Likes

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by ActivJJJ(m): 9:24am On Dec 07, 2016
See me see trouble ooo. grin
Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by kelvyn7: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2016
shocked
Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by soberdrunk(m): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2016
Chai!!! See as shame dey catch me!!! Nigeria why?? All these our 'newspaper billionaires' nah things like this una suppose dey 'nip in the bud' and prevent from getting out to public knowledge, my people say "if your person is put to shame and you are not ashamed, its obvious you have no shame". This is a national disgrace to all of us!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by mustymatic(m): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2016
How is this shame now? Graduates are yet to receive 30k? grin
Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by EternalBeing: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2016
Our Govt no try at all.
Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by wristbangle: 9:25am On Dec 07, 2016
What have we done to deserve this ridicule as a nation. May God disgrace these NFF people and other evil leaders in this nation.

6 Likes

Re: Falcons Seize AWCON Trophy, Reject NFF's N50,000 Allowance by tchimatic(m): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2016
Wat a shame........ after all dr effort they r to receive a misery stipend as reward.............which way naija??

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chelsea Announces Signing Of Ross Barkley From Everton (Photos) / Emmanuel Emenike Allegedly Attacks Single Mom In Lagos After A Disagreement / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.