Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,995 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. (1570 Views)

Infinix Hot 7 And Infinix Hot 7 Pro Specs : Upcoming Infinix Smartphone In 2019 / Chinese Smartphone Oppo's Working On A Wireless Charging Mode / Beast Chinese Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by amosunmd: 9:53am On Dec 07, 2016
The Gionee M6, together with a number of advanced Chinese high-tech products, was sent to space. After 33 days, the reentry module of the Shenzhou-11 spacecraft successfully landed in Inner Mongolia on November 2016. Gionee was one of the only electronics products, and the first and only smartphone to be sent to space by China.

The journey to outer space is complex and unpredictable, therefore, the selected products needed to be stable and safe. As the only selected smartphone, the Gionee M6, a phone which focuses on quality, easily qualified, and proved it through its successful return. In fact, Gionee was selected as a “CASC-specific product” in early 2010 because of its concentration on quality development. Just like CASC, Gionee believes that the concentrating on quality is the foundation of sustainable development.

For 14 years, Gionee has constantly focused on their independent R&D capabilities and pursuit of technology innovation. With more than 1500 engineers and 4 R&D centers, Gionee’s guarantees a high performance throughout the development of a complete unit. Gionee’s independently developed products have obtained 1,557 national patents in China so far. In addition, the production capacity of the “Gionee Industrial Park” has the ability to reach 80 million units per year, making it the largest mobile phone production base in Asia.

Every Gionee product, including the M6, undergoes incredibly professional and strict tests across China to ensure a high quality. 40 reliability tests are conducted over 2 weeks in a laboratory with nearly 100 sets of reliability testing equipment. These tests cover climate, mechanical environment, endurance, handset protection, surface processes, performance evaluation, and other related reliability tests. Because of these tests, we believed that Gionee’s products would be able to accept and pass the test of outer space.

Due to these rigorous tests, it was no surprise to us that Gionee was chosen as the first smartphone to be sent to space. Gionee’s features go beyond its high quality with its long-life battery, privacy protection and selfie flash. Gionee is destined to be a competitive global smartphone manufacturer as its great efforts in product development continue.

Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by openy: 10:24am On Dec 07, 2016
shocked gionee again, also making high tech
phones.
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by Kiady16: 11:50am On Dec 07, 2016
Gionee M6. Dope phone. Available in the market by Monday.
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by wiliz(m): 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2016
Pls wen will m6 mini be available?
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by Kiady16: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2016
wiliz:
Pls wen will m6 mini be available?
coming soon.
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by amosunmd: 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nice achievement
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by amosunmd: 10:50am On Feb 01, 2017
amosunmd:
Nice achievement
thanks
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by Justiyke4u: 11:09am On Feb 01, 2017
Sounds like a paid news. Op am referring to you o

1 Like

Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by Donprinzee: 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2017
Buy ham And Buy Hand AC join...
The Phone Hot Like Fire..
On the Phone and Give it 10 Mins on Heavy Usage It will be Hot more than Heater.
If You haven't use the Phone Don't Quote me and Say Rubbish
And If You have and you are just The Call and Put it back inside your Pocket type till you wait for your next CaLl don't say Rubbish Because clearly You have not use it actually.
It's a Beast, But a Beast On Fire..
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by openy: 3:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
Donprinzee:
Buy ham And Buy Hand AC join...
The Phone Hot Like Fire..
On the Phone and Give it 10 Mins on Heavy Usage It will be Hot more than Heater.
If You haven't use the Phone Don't Quote me and Say Rubbish
And If You have and you are just The Call and Put it back inside your Pocket type till you wait for your next CaLl don't say Rubbish Because clearly You have not use it actually.
It's a Beast, But a Beast On Fire..
did you encouter this issue? thats the question i want ask you.
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by kelxon(m): 6:25am On Feb 02, 2017
Gionee M6 Group has been created, join with the link
https://chat .whatsapp .com/JJOZ0KVfRdRLbd9fZrt09J

Remove The Spaces
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by Donprinzee: 1:36pm On Feb 02, 2017
Letsreason:

You are right. It gets hot but not really hot. In fact, you can reduce it by switching on power saving mode. It goes a long way to making the phones' s temperature close to normal on heavy usage.

Despite the little hotness, Gionee M6 is a beast u wouldn't want to miss. I have used it for sometime now and so far so good it's one of the best phones as of today.
You can check my complete unbiased review of the phone HERE

Will You Be Surprised if I tell you have Used 3 Pieces of Gionee M6.
One of My Neighbor is Complain about the same hotness
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by dustmalik: 8:53pm On Feb 02, 2017
Letsreason:

Not too hot once power saving mode is activated
Power saving mode is a feature meant for conserving battery, and in turn, reduces performance. So why would one deliberately reduce the performance/power of a phone? If you didn't need that much performance/power, why buy that phone in the first place?

My point is, by using power saving mode, you are defeating the whole purpose of that phone. In other words, that is not a solution to the overheating problem. So yes, like that other guy pointed out, it's a flaw in the phone.
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by Donprinzee: 9:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
dustmalik:

Power saving mode is a feature meant for conserving battery, and in turn, reduces performance. So why would one deliberately reduce the performance/power of a phone? If you didn't need that much performance/power, why buy that phone in the first place?

My point is, by using power saving mode, you are defeating the whole purpose of that phone. In other words, that is not a solution to the overheating problem. So yes, like that other guy pointed out, it's a flaw in the phone.
I Wonder Oh
Why not buy a Phone with less Configuration that won't Get Hot..
Imagine I Now Settle for Gionee M5 Plus
Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by Donprinzee: 11:10am On Feb 04, 2017
Letsreason:

Like i said, the hotness is not that much and not even all the time.
I agree it's a flaw on the phone but apart from that, other features are very fantastic. Very impressive phone i must say.
Yes The Phone is Superb

1 Like

Re: Gionee M6: The First Chinese Smartphone In Space. by Dandsome: 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
amosunmd:
The Gionee M6, together with a number of advanced Chinese high-tech products, was sent to space. After 33 days, the reentry module of the Shenzhou-11 spacecraft successfully landed in Inner Mongolia on November 2016. Gionee was one of the only electronics products, and the first and only smartphone to be sent to space by China.

The journey to outer space is complex and unpredictable, therefore, the selected products needed to be stable and safe. As the only selected smartphone, the Gionee M6, a phone which focuses on quality, easily qualified, and proved it through its successful return. In fact, Gionee was selected as a “CASC-specific product” in early 2010 because of its concentration on quality development. Just like CASC, Gionee believes that the concentrating on quality is the foundation of sustainable development.

For 14 years, Gionee has constantly focused on their independent R&grin capabilities and pursuit of technology innovation. With more than 1500 engineers and 4 R&grin centers, Gionee’s guarantees a high performance throughout the development of a complete unit. Gionee’s independently developed products have obtained 1,557 national patents in China so far. In addition, the production capacity of the “Gionee Industrial Park” has the ability to reach 80 million units per year, making it the largest mobile phone production base in Asia.

Every Gionee product, including the M6, undergoes incredibly professional and strict tests across China to ensure a high quality. 40 reliability tests are conducted over 2 weeks in a laboratory with nearly 100 sets of reliability testing equipment. These tests cover climate, mechanical environment, endurance, handset protection, surface processes, performance evaluation, and other related reliability tests. Because of these tests, we believed that Gionee’s products would be able to accept and pass the test of outer space.

Due to these rigorous tests, it was no surprise to us that Gionee was chosen as the first smartphone to be sent to space. Gionee’s features go beyond its high quality with its long-life battery, privacy protection and selfie flash. Gionee is destined to be a competitive global smartphone manufacturer as its great efforts in product development continue.

Wow nice, but my Tecno go go moon

(1) (Reply)

Am Scared Of Carl Care These Days / Help My Nokia X Disappeared All My Sim Contact / Samsung J2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.