Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,502 members, 7,801,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Red Ashes - Literature (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (592104 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by alarmednigerian: 11:30am On Feb 24, 2017
I don't know wat Lade did 2 u o, but please forgive her. Haha another rape ke?
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
another rape!!

Victor disgusts me already. a fully loaded dangote truck should just reduce him to a mass of flesh. is it too much to ask for, chumzypinky?
Re: Red Ashes by GodsMopol: 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2017
Chumzy I just wanna say you're dishing out a lovely story. I'm not sure you've noticed the number of views you get on every page. it shows how absorbing your story is... {just imagine those views to be money. will be like #200,000 for every single post.(you definitely will be the next Alakija)}. Someone told someone that told someone that told me that you have a bone in your oven. If that's true, then you need (won't say a lot of) rest. Don't mind the Afonjas and Ipob and Buharians ( according to nairalnaders) that keep screaming 'UPDATE update UPDATE update...without cutting you some slack.
well, my major and most interactive personality or character is .......... none. no vex but I Love your story too much to the extent of reading it by this time of the day. <more tolerance to your husband that keep seizing your phone>.

dude, your face is everywhere on nairaland, looool, I thought you should know God has a plan for you, that plan is in your Bible, take much time to stay with it
Re: Red Ashes by talk2saintify(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
this is pure wickedness... angry angry

victor? yhur cup dun full

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
khalifahsparkles:
another rape!!

Victor disgusts me already. a fully loaded dangote truck should just reduce him to a mass of flesh. is it too much to ask for, chumzypinky?
it wasnt another rape incident oo. Jolade was raped once apart from Nathan's
Re: Red Ashes by damis28crown(f): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
hian wen i thought thins hv turn gud fr jolade nt nwin its yet to com ha na waw wich kian elder bro be dis 1 nw na to kil am remain oooo nene nd nath am waiting fr 2 of u o
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
NATHAN.
I dropped the call still not feeling uncomfortable. I didnt understand myself these days. But nowadays, his body yearned more and more for Nene.

He missed her. He knew he did. And he knew she missed him too, he had seen it in her eyes.

But what if she doesnt miss you?

He shook the thought away. He suddenly felt like seeing her.

'a kobo for your thoughts' Myra said placing a cup of hot coffee on his table.

I stared at her 'isnt it too late for a hot coffee?' I took a sip anyway. It burnt my tongue and i winced.

'not when your mind is wandering' she said in a singsong tone 'do you know what my stepmum used to tell me? A hot tongue-burning coffee brings back wandering minds. Thats to say, when you feel the hotness on your tongue and you wince, you find yourself not thinking too much about the situation' she winked.

I just smiled. My eyes landed on her exposed cleavage.

'so tell me Nath' she leaned closer 'what were you thinking about?'

I swallowed 'i was thinking your dressing to work nowadays is becoming provocating' i said in the politest way possible.

'huh?'

I could tell she was slightly embarrassed so i smiled to make her feel better 'i mean, you look hot, beautiful and sexy. But, dont you think its too revealing? And somewhat irresponsible?' i grinned

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Queengolden(f): 3:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
rite at the front sit
Re: Red Ashes by heemah(f): 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hehehheehhe! Myra be catching feelings already. grin grin
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
Chumzypinky:
NATHAN.
I dropped the call still not feeling uncomfortable. I didnt understand myself these days. But nowadays, his body yearned more and more for Nene.

He missed her. He knew he did. And he knew she missed him too, he had seen it in her eyes.

I stared at her 'isnt it too late for a hot coffee?' I took a sip anyway. It burnt my tongue and i winced.

'not when your mind is wandering' she said in a singsong tone 'do you know what my stepmum used to tell me? A hot tongue-burning coffee brings back wandering minds. Thats to say, when you feel the hotness on your tongue and you wince, you find yourself not thinking too much about the situation' she winked.

I swallowed 'i was thinking your dressing to work nowadays is becoming provocating' i said in the politest way possible.

'huh?'

I could tell she was slightly embarrassed so i smiled to make her feel better 'i mean, you look hot, beautiful and sexy. But, dont you think its too revealing? And somewhat irresponsible?' i grinned
too short.maw!maw!!maw!!!
Re: Red Ashes by mizchoc(f): 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
I dunno Wu is even worse.. Chuks or Victor..

Chai... Jolade mi.. she haf suffer for Africa ni..

As far Nathan and his secretary, them never talk Wetin dey work them..

nice one Chumzypinky
Re: Red Ashes by ikombe: 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
When i finaly see victor undecided

Nigga u dieng 2day

Re: Red Ashes by siralabai(m): 6:26pm On Feb 24, 2017
Tooooooooo short! Tooooooooo short!! Tooooooooo short!!! Chumzypinky you can do better than that jare! Haba! The suspense is three much
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2017
so Nathan get sense like dis
Re: Red Ashes by harunablezin(f): 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2017
l lyk ur manner of approach.... Nate
Re: Red Ashes by uniqueogo(f): 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
Bia Nathan I never want make madness strike you abeg stay away from that girl mbok
Re: Red Ashes by charytea(f): 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
ChumzY Mama.... Please update nah please. I have been reloading this page since aftErnoon
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2017
siralabai:
Tooooooooo short! Tooooooooo short!! Tooooooooo short!!! Chumzypinky you can do better than that jare! Haba! The suspense is three much
sori dear, was typing when something came up so i had to post. It'll be completed tomorrow...
Re: Red Ashes by teel123(f): 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
Chumzypinky pls dnt offend me by making Nathan fall for Myra or else u will be a LIAR FOR AFRICA. More strenght
Re: Red Ashes by ladyverere(f): 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
gtin:

No amount of love shud mak him arange her rape jst so she can look towards his direction

How did Kelvin arranged for Jolade's rape? Remember, Nathan exposed her to that horrible incidence? Kelvin's fault is knowing fully well who the culprit is and then shielding the criminal!
And then to worsen matters, he failed to tell Jolade he will never be able to father a kid biologically.
These are Kelvin's crimes.
Re: Red Ashes by ADECULATE(f): 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2017
Chai victor u don already die jare, see how many people wan shoot u gun. LOL. Bt u deserve it sha
Re: Red Ashes by gtin(m): 10:43pm On Feb 24, 2017
ladyverere:

How did Kelvin arranged for Jolade's rape? Remember, Nathan exposed her to that horrible incidence? Kelvin's fault is knowing fully well who the culprit is and then shielding the criminal!
And then to worsen matters, he failed to tell Jolade he will never be able to father a kid biologically.
These are Kelvin's crimes.
I agree with u actually my statement was made before Kelvin's POV
Re: Red Ashes by siralabai(m): 10:44pm On Feb 24, 2017
Chumzypinky:

sori dear, was typing when something came up so i had to post. It'll be completed tomorrow...
OK
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 1:40am On Feb 25, 2017
iamlynn:
serious gbege

which knd gbege
Re: Red Ashes by alarmednigerian: 7:31am On Feb 25, 2017
Hehehe Chumzypinky we are on frontpage again. Kudos
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:31am On Feb 25, 2017
Chumzypinky:
NATHAN.

'huh?'

'i dont understand' she looked over her body.

'what i meant is, you should dress corporate. Not revealing your cleavages. I'm sure you're not here to seduce anyone right?' i smiled again.

'oh' she said getting what i meant, then she looked down slightly embarrassed 'i thought you liked it that way'

I shook my head 'its because i appreciate you, thats why i wouldnt like you dressing up this way'

The door opened and my mum walked in and eyed Myra 'excuse us' I could tell my mum never really liked Myra, she said the girl looked like an opportunist.

'yes ma' she started leaving.

'wait' mum said and turned to her 'i really dont know what your motives are in this office, but the next time i bump into you dressed like a cheap slut waiting for the next available man to pick her, be lest assured that i'm going to personally fling your miserable and pathetic self out of this office, do you understand?'

I saw tears well up in Myra's eyes before she left.

'that was harsh' i said.

Mum sat opposite me 'she hasnt seen anything yet. I still wonder what you do with that girl in this office, to me oo, she's not competent enough to be your PA. I mean, what does she advice you about? Very soon, i'll be forced to fire her'

'you obviously do not like the poor girl. If you become close to her, you'll actually understand that she's a good girl and she's good at what she does'

'you too are obviously blinded by whatever she gave you to chop. Thats your business. Thats not why i came here anyway. I wanted to ask you about DeMantra's contractors and how much it would cost to hire them'

'uhm, how many of them?'

'say twenty'

It was time to retire home. When i came out of the office, i met Myra packing her things. She looked rather dull than she had been in the morning and i knew it was because of my mother's words. She probably felt bad since i had told her the same words earlier.

'Myra?' i called.

She looked up at me and forced a smile, then she continued packing.

'are you done? I could perhaps drop you off at the estate you live'

'no thanks, i already have a cab waiting for me downstairs'

'i insist Myra'

'i also insist'

'Myra, are you mad at me?'

'no, i'm not, why should i? I have no right to bed mad at you, do i?'

'whats that supposed to mean?'

'what its supposed to mean and what it actually means is that whatever you do should just slide when it comes to me, because i dont have emotions and i dont have a right to be angry' there was hurt in her voice.

I swallowed and touched her shoulder 'i'm sorry about what my mum said to you earlier. Try to understand that she was only trying to advice you, maybe she didnt do it the right way but she actually meant no harm'

'really?'

'yeah'

'who do you think you're fooling Nath? You think i'm actually blind not to know that your mum never really liked me? She doesnt like me and thats why anything i do is faulty in her eyes. Maybe i should just turn up my resignation letter, maybe then everything would be alright' She was tearing up now.

'no, there would be no need for that. I'm very sorry about everything. What do i do to make up for what she did to you?'

She just shook her head and sobbed.

And so i hugged her to make her feel better.

When she finally stopped crying, i offered to take her out for dinner but she refused, instead she said i should stop over for dinner at her house. I thought for a while and i finally agreed. We walked hand-in-hand out of the company laughing together.

'where's the cab waiting for you downstairs?' i asked.

'actually there was no cab waiting for me, i was just teasing'

We laughed.

TBC

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by seedorfy134(m): 7:34am On Feb 25, 2017
nice one
Re: Red Ashes by djgreenland(m): 7:35am On Feb 25, 2017
Our story hit FP.... Thanks for the good works ma'am,
Re: Red Ashes by lobiologs(m): 7:36am On Feb 25, 2017
I woke up like this. Thanks for the update. We should get like 5 updates over the weekend yh? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Red Ashes by mismore(f): 8:03am On Feb 25, 2017
Finally, the story is on FP! Weldone madam pinky.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:11am On Feb 25, 2017
KAINENE.
MozB, Kaka and i sat just outside my house which was directly opposite a small garden. There was a large umbrella there, a table and three chairs.

There was a bottle of wine there and suyas.

We cracked jokes together and laughed like oldtimes. Kaka and MozB were acting all lovey-dovey again and i just hoped, things didnt get messy as it had done before.

'i think your beau is calling you' MozB who had been fooling around with Kaka's phone said and handed the phone over to her.

'yeye pikin' she playfully slapped MozB's shoulders 'hello love'

MozB and i exchanged glances then winked at each other.

'oh yes, i'm fine... I'm actually back from Portharcourt... Yes, i'm with Kainene and some other friend of mine... Oh, yes! That would be fun, please come over will you?'

MozB and i exchanged glances again.

'She lives at Chikain's estate nah..Estate 2 oo... Eh, when you get to the gate, just buzz me. Alright, expecting you...i love you too sweetie' She dropped the call.

'your beau is coming over?' MozB asked.

'yeah, gat a problem with that?'

'hmm, i'm finally going to see the man that swept my stubborn friend off her feet after Xaviercasmir' i said.

'oh pullease! The names of losers shouldnt be mentioned her abeg'

'kosi wahala'

We continued jisting when a car pulled up in front of my next door neighbour's house. MozB asked Kaka if it was Davidson but she said that wasnt his car.

They continued talking but my mind wasnt there. I wondered who my nextdoor neighbour was. Whether it was a he or a she. How the person looked like. If the person was actually friendly.

There was a saying that said "your neighbour is you second god" Besides, i was a pregnant lady. Though Kaka was going to be staying with me henceforth, what if something happens and she's not actually available and then my labour comes in the middle of the night, who was going to help me? My nextdoor neighbour.

I continued watching.

A familiar lady got down of the car first. She had on a tight black short high waist skirt and a red blouse that had a low neckline, exposing a lot of cleavage.

Then he came down.

I frowned. Nathan? No, couldnt be?

Wasnt that Myra? His PA - His lover?

No!

'babyK, whats supping?' Kaka asked then followed my direction 'ahn-ahn, no be Nathan be that? Is that the girl he's sampling now?'

'mehn! The babe is hot' MozB added 'Nene, hafa nah, package me the girl number nah, make i dey contact her, no levels'

'must you joke with everything?' i asked rather angrily. I saw the look on his face and i smiled in apology.

'he has seen you' Kaka said and i looked up to see him walking towards me. Myra was still standing, watching him with an embarrassed look on her face.

'Nene? What a pleasant surprise!' he came close to me with a smile on his face.

'hi Nathan' Kaka said.

Nathan spread his arms and she stood up and hugged him. He looked at MozB who had a scowl on his face and just smiled, then he returned his gaze to me.

He squatted in front of me and tucked my braids behind my ear 'how have you been?' he asked.

'i really dont understand you' i spat 'is it that you dont stick to the rules you make, or is it that you find it amazing to walk in and out of people's lives anyhow you like? Is that it?'

Hurt flickered in his eyes.

I continued 'few weeks ago, you were shouting and calling me all sorts of names, telling me it was completely over. Same few weeks ago, you were telling me you never mingled with rude personalities and also few weeks ago, you turned down my offer of friendship and said there was someone else in your life. Thats the someone else' i pointed at Myra 'what are you doing here? Why did you come here? Do you have a problem sticking to your own rules. Please and please, Nathan. I am begging you for the last time, dont even come close to me again. You warned me the first time and i'm warning you the second time. Whatever we had in the past is something called - Past Tense. Our Tense is in the Past, thats why its called Past Tense. Past. Not Present Participle. And i dont remember the two of us being friends, because last time i checked, i had a rude personality, very rude that i didnt deserve to be friends with pleasant personalities such as yours. Why you came here, i dont know. If its Kaka you came here to greet, just a simple wave from that side would have solved us the whole stress of getting to see each other's ugly faces, right?'

He continued looking at me.

'i'm trying not to be rude. I'm trying to remain as polite as i can be. Please dont keep your lover waiting, go back to her' i picked my plate and went inside the house.

'i'll talk to her' i heard Kaka say before shutting the door loudly

TBC

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 25, 2017
seriously Nene?? when are you going to learn?? abi Na pregnancy things dey make her do shakara, the girl get craze for head aswear, bring it on

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.