Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,385 members, 7,781,104 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:58 AM

Red Ashes - Literature (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (591068 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by Azeequeen(f): 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
sotadegrt:

who turns down such an offer? #waiting for the genuine one in #dotherroom# *winks*
For your mind shey?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
Azeequeen:
You have three children and another is on the way?
Your oga dey try o

Btw,please and please,just borrow Jolade's mum small sense
lol, are u jealousing?
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mummy chumzy embarassed can u put me as one of d characters nd put me in d place were I will shoot chuks wit a pumping action. Please am begging u.#kneeling_down. I promise to marry ur daughter nd take her to Paris.. #puppy_face. embarassed
Re: Red Ashes by Azeequeen(f): 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
Chumzypinky:
lol, are u jealousing?
No ooo...I just dey wonder noni,I no go fit born four
Re: Red Ashes by Azeequeen(f): 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
Chumzypinky:
lol, are u jealousing?
Re: Red Ashes by Azeequeen(f): 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
Chumzypinky:
lol, are u jealousing?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
MABEL.
I was talking with my said manager when Nathan walked into the sitting room. I looked up at him and smiled, he pecked both my cheeks 'hi son'

'hi mom. Good day Mr Benjamin' he greeted the manager.

'good day mr Nathan' the man smiled 'i'm surprised you even know my name, owing to the fact that you've never even acknowledged my presence ever since i started coming here'

Nathan smiled at him 'sorry about that,' then he sat beside me with his arm around my neck 'so whats up with the company?'

'what exactly do you want to know about the company? Should i start with the name of the company?' the manager joked.

I laughed 'why would you say that? Nath, dont you know the name of your mother's company?'

'of course i know. Imore Group Of Companies'

'i'm very surprised now,' the manager said 'i never knew you would even know the name'

'why would you say that?' i asked.

'because he's clearly not interested in anything pertaining to the company'

'uhm, thats why i'm here...' Nathan said looking at him, then back at me 'i want to resume work in the company. I want to start working. Even if its the lowest staff in the company, i want to learn everything about the company so i'll be able to handle it in the future. I must confess Mr Benjamin, that you've really tried alot for this company. Due to my mother's state of health, she hasnt been able to handle anything but you've given it your best. I really appreciate. I would want to start work soon and i'll really appreciate if you teach me all there's to know. I'm a fast learner you know. I want to take responsibility for my mother's company now. I mean if i dont handle it, who would?'

'wow wow wow!' the manager clapped his hands 'i must say that i'm very impressed. Is this you Mr Nathan?'

'and i'll really appreciate if you'd just call me Nathan' he leaned closer and pecked me on my cheeks. Both he and Claire had taken that as a habit and they always teased me about how chubby and soft my cheeks were.

I smiled proudly 'i'm very proud of you son'

'i'm also proud of you mum'

KAINENE.

'so i met this very annoying dude at the club and he called himself...uh...what was that name again? Davidson or Dandyson, something like that, but it has son attached to it. The guy was cute sha, with very nice dimples. It didnt even look like he came to the club to flex, it was just as if he came to win souls for christ' Kaka narrated as she sliced the cabbage. We were at the kitchen preparing fried rice and salad for dinner.

'so he was now toasting you?'

'eh, not exactly. He just dropped his complimentary card but i left it at the club. I aint gat no time'

'hahahahaha. Middle finger babe'

'but the guy was cute sha. Nice dimples'

'cuter than Xaviercasmir?'

'please dont mention the name of that loser'

'i'm sorry'

'what of Nathan?'

'Nathan dey oo. I've adviced him to be part of his mother's company. You know he really isnt interested. He doesnt want to work but i've opened his eyes to see that there's no food for lazy men. He cant be depending on his mother's wealth everytime'

'true talk'

'and he said he's going to start working. Kaka, i'm in love and there's this peace i feel inside whenever i'm around him. I've never felt this way before Kamsi. Remember i once had a crush on MozB? But i didnt feel this way. I cant live without Nathan. I'm very sure of that'

'hmm, thats you trying to rub my failure on my face'

'oh baby you know thats not true...' i hugged her from behind 'and i swear, this your hot ass makes me wanna rape you right now'

She shook herself free 'you wanna rape me abi? Abeg oo, i be virgin. But wait oo, apart from the day he disvirgined you, have you both ever had sex again?'

'yeah. Three times'

'and i hope he uses protection. So he doesnt score a goal before marriage'

'lol. Funny enough, we never remember to use protection. But i'm covered sha. Nothing dey shele'

Then she stopped slicing and turned to me 'Nene, i've made a decision'

'what is that?'

She hugged me 'i want to relocate'

'what?' i pulled away and looked at her 'i'm sorry that i might not be available during your wedding'

'Kaka, what are you saying?'

'this place holds nothing for me anymore. I'll be back but it wont be anytime soon. I just want a change of environment to forget about everything i went through here. Babe, i'm leaving the country'

'what?!'

'i already made arrangements with Amanda my elder sister abroad and she's asked me to come over. I'm afraid Nene but i'll leaving before the end of next week'

Tears stung my eyes 'Kaka, what are you saying?'

'Nene, i'm sorry but i just have to do this. I just hope you understand. Nene, i'm sorry'

'this is not fair! This is not fair! I'll never forgive you for this. I hate you! You're heartless!' i ran out of the kitchen in tears.

TBC

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
wizsolzy:
Mummy chumzy embarassed can u put me as one of d characters nd put me in d place were I will shoot chuks wit a pumping action. Please am begging u.#kneeling_down. I promise to marry ur daughter nd take her to Paris.. #puppy_face. embarassed
lol, na my daughters go carry u go Paris no b u
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:53pm On Jan 23, 2017
Azeequeen:

u get toto wey dem wan take born am b4? *covers face* make i no spoil pple children oo
Re: Red Ashes by Hadassah43(f): 8:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
kaka pls dnt go, am begging huh, nd thumbs up madam pinky
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
Chumzypinky:
tanx dear
tz a pleasure
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
Chumzypinky:
lol, na my daughters go carry u go Paris no b u
Nah. Its my duty.
Re: Red Ashes by Winters22: 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
Chumzypinky:

u get toto wey dem wan take born am b4? *covers face* make i no spoil pple children oo
too...to..? mummy what is toto?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
Winters22:
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2017
Winters22:
Ehhh d tin confuse me oo.. I like to know too...
Mummy chumzy over to u.
Re: Red Ashes by hatchetman(m): 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2017
Chumzypinky:

ah ahn? wetin b dis toto wey pple dey tok sef..mama help me abeg
Re: Red Ashes by Jellymusty(f): 9:40am On Jan 24, 2017
Mummy Chumzy don't mind hatchetman and winter 22, they don't know that there are children like me here.
Re: Red Ashes by rechybabe(f): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2017
Hi chumzy weldone u're doing a great job dear. E no easy d way u combine d story,wk and family babe u dey try.abeg make i be d new character wey go correct jolade brain
Re: Red Ashes by hatchetman(m): 1:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
Jellymusty:
Mummy Chumzy don't mind hatchetman and winter 22, they don't know that there are children like me here.
accordin 2 ur comment ah dey suspect say toto na bad tin
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2017
hatchetman:

Lol .... Laugh won kill me.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
hatchetman:
no b bad tin, una pst no dey preach am 4 chrch 4 una?
Re: Red Ashes by harameede99(f): 5:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
Aunty chumzy abt dat chucks abeg shey u no fit fu am sey as he dey go aouse make e get accident make e jst die lyk dat abi make im sef get amnesia dnt let im ruin chioma oo
Re: Red Ashes by twinkiet(f): 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
Mummy pinky, I really don't know what to qualify you with..... Family,work and still writing a story. You are my role model. I love you
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
twinkiet:
Mummy pinky, I really don't know what to qualify you with..... Family,work and still writing a story. You are my role model. I love you
i luv u 2 honey
Re: Red Ashes by damsel14(f): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
chuks is a bad omen to kaniene nd er mother...

sips my beer...........
mummy chumzy hope ma baby is kicking sha nd how hus nd kidz...keep up the good work
Re: Red Ashes by hatchetman(m): 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
Chumzypinky:

no b bad tin, una pst no dey preach am 4 chrch 4 una?
ah neva hear dah word b4 o..
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
JOLADE.
'so, thats it oo...' Folake finished laughing. She was peeling oranges. We were sitting at the balcony adjoining her room. She was narrating her experience with a lesbian at a bank earlier that day.

Truthfully, my mind wasnt there. What i thought about was my future. Where was i going to start from? With a bastard child? No father. No husband. Where do i start picking up the pieces of my life from? I wasnt even sure if Nathan was what i wanted. But i was very sure that paying him back in his own coin was something that was going to give me so much satisfaction and happiness.

He ruined my life. And he was going to pay dearly for it. That i was going to make sure of. If it hadnt been for him, i wouldnt have been in the situation i was today. He was going to pay for everything he did to me. He was never going to find happiness. He thought i was going to let him enjoy his relationship? Then he was wrong! I would do anything in my power to...

'Jolade! Jolade! Where is your mind?'
I raised my head to look at Folake 'where is your mind? I've been talking without any response from you, is anything the problem?'

'no, not at all' i lied.

'hmm, here...' she handed me an already peeled orange 'have you registered for ante-natal?'

'not yet'

'how far gone are you?'

'twelve weeks'

'you have to register for ante-natal then. How does it feel being pregnant?'

I smiled 'honestly, its awesome. I speak to my child everyday you know' i placed my hands on my stomach remembering i hadnt talked to him or her for almost a week now, so many things running through my mine.

'wow! How do you know he hears you?'

'i feel his/her kick'

'would you rather want to have a boy or a girl?'

'anything God gives me Folake. A child is a child'

'i agree with you' she dipped her mouth into her orange 'so juicy!'

'right' i tasted the oranges as well.

'you know, i've always wanted to have a child of my own too..' she looked at me 'someone that would call me mummy, someone i can proudly call my child. Someone i would sacrifice my happiness for in order to give him/her the happiness he/she deserves. You see, i might not really be the best mother on planet earth. But i'm going to be a mother who's going to do anything to make that child live a happy life and not a regretable life'

'are you reffering to mum?'

'exactly!'

'you know, mum isnt all that bad'

'coming from a naive little mummy's girl!'

'seriously. She might do things in a bit nasty way but she's still a good mother and you should appreciate all her efforts'

'wait till you're forced to get married to a man that treats you like trash. Maybe then, you'll understand'

'hmm'

'mother has ruined all of our lives. And even now, i'm ashamed to call her a mother. Bidemi is suffering where she is right now. I suffered too and thats why i willingly left Ayoxelee, that man is a monster! A psycho! Jolade, my only prayer for you right now is that you dont have to go through what Bidemi's going through right now or what i had to go through as well. If i were you, i would use my tongue to count my teeth. That you're pregnant for a man doesnt mean he's your soulmate. It doesnt mean that man is yours. Never force a guy into marrying you simply because you're carrying his baby. There are many babymamas out there, living their lives with wonderful husbands. Jolade, you'll find a man who will love you just the way you are. Nathan or whatever wont give you the happiness you deserve'

'but i love him...'

'but does he love you? Bidemi loves her husband but he doesnt love her. Because i dont see why a man in his right senses, a man who claims to love his wife would treat her in the way Bidemi's being treated. Jolade, be wise. Something doesnt have to happen to you before you learn your lesson. People say experience is the best teacher, fine! But you dont have to experience stuff before you learn your lesson. You can also learn from other people's lesson you know'

'true talk'

'so my dear, i wont force you into doing something you really dont want to. Its your life. But its my duty to advice you. You alone know whats good for you'

TBC

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by yusufibrahim(m): 9:44pm On Jan 24, 2017
Anty Chumzypinky thanks for the update as God bless u.... More grace to you #Respect
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
yusufibrahim:
Anty Chumzypinky thanks for the update as God bless u.... More grace to you #Respect
God bles u 2 my dear
Re: Red Ashes by BreezyMidas: 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2017
[color=#550000][/color]
Chumzypinky..I am more than impressed sweetie. Keep shining
Re: Red Ashes by harameede99(f): 10:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
Anty chumzy abeg make chuks get accident on his way hme oo
Re: Red Ashes by kajsa08: 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
cry @chumzypinky is that all? cry cry e be like say make u no stop. anyways good night. :* kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.