Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Red Ashes - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (592093 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by ibullem(m): 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
xaviercasmir:
Wait ooo i am not a cassanova oo LOL.
Nice work and more ink to your pen dearie.

Dude ... you're so bursted. cheesy

nice one chumzypinky...

The sudden change in Nathan tho... trying hard to recreate a much better image of him in my mind. but no luck yet LOL.

can't get past the inhumane act of dumping Jolade by a cementery at 2am at night... at least not yet.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2016
gtin:
I am nt understanding is Xavier trying to replace Nathan since Nathan is becoming a gentleman?
I dont understand wat
you
mean
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
Prisomic casmir14 moshmustapha You guys should tempa jstice with mercy na.pls read n comment
Re: Red Ashes by BlizzydoDo(f): 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
Interesting story.....more ink to your pen dearie
Re: Red Ashes by prisomic(f): 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
Busted!!!!!(covers face)sorry dearie....u just awesome..i dey ur back tanda!!!
Re: Red Ashes by Hundreddegrees(m): 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
Story is full of ups and downs.. .

Nice one bro
Re: Red Ashes by gtin(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chumzypinky:

I dont understand wat
you
mean
I mean is Xavier now behaving like the old Nathan
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
MABEL.

I had always knew a time was going to come when Nathan was going to ask about his father. And so as he grew up each day, my heart skipped. What do i tell him? How do i tell him about his father? How do i tell him his father abandoned us? How do i tell him?

But as each day came and went, Nathan never asked. At a time, i became skeptic. Wasnt he like every other male child? Why didnt he care about the whereabouts of his father?

'you have to tell Nathan about me Mab, tell him about me, his father' Jude stated.

I sighed and rolled my eyes 'thing is Nathan doesnt give a damn about you. He has never asked about you, not even once'

He smirked 'thats because you never told him anything about me'

'i cant lie to my son Jude. And most especially, i cant lie to you. Jude, you're wasting your time. You're greatly mistaken. I've told you this before and i'm saying it again. I dont know how long it'll take you to decipher what i mean'

He frowned 'what do you mean by i'm wasting my time?'

'i expected you to be smarter than this Jude, but obviously, you just proved to be nothing but a dullard. You know what? Everyday, i cant just help but thank my maker that i never ended up with you, how would i have coped with a dull man like you? You aint even smart enough to read the bold handwriting written on the wall, clear for you to see'

'you're confusing me Mabel, what are you insinuating?'

'i'll tell you some other time. Thats if you still cant decipher what i mean. But the buttom line is, my son and i do not need you. We dont need you one bit. We've been living our lives for 26yrs without you and we will do even better without you! Stay away from us Jude, i noticed you've had some people follow my son around. But i'm going to warn you now, stay away from me! Stay away from Nathan, leave us the hell alone!'

'what is wrong with you Mab? For how long will you continue hiding my son from me?'

I shook my head 'you're even more dumber than i thought, i swear'

'Mabel. Mabel. Mabel. How many times did i call you? I'm warning you...' he raised his finger 'you dont know how dangerous i can be. Do you know how affluent i am? I can easily crumble you. With just a snap of my finger...' he snapped his finger 'i want custody of my son!'

Then i laughed. I laughed so hard we started drawing attention from those sitting nearby. I had wanted to come out clean but then seeing how foolish my dear ex boyfriend was, i just wanted to play along.

'you wont have custody of your son Nathan. Because your son doesnt even know you exist' i winked, then laughed again.

He looked irritated and angry 'stop this madness Mab! Its so irritating!'

'why dont you impregnate some other woman? Why cant you leave my son and i alone?'

'he's my son, my blood!'

'and he's mine too!'

'you've had him for 26yrs'

'no difference...' i picked up my bag, put on my black glasses, then i blew him a kiss 'see you around Honourable Jude Honson' then i walked away.

KAINENE.

I pulled the wailing Kaka into my arms. She was wailing too loud and i was scared her mother would deduce something was wrong.

'Kaka, calm down, calm down. Stop crying, he isnt worth your tears. Look at me, look at me...' i placed my hand under her chin and stared into her eyes 'Xavier or Barrier, whatever doesnt deserve you. Its good you found out the kind of bastard you're dating now than finding out when you're already married. Xaviercasmir doesnt deserve you Kamsi'

'you dont understand...' she cried shaking her head 'i love Casmir, he's my love. He's my life, my heartthrob. I gave my all to this man but at the end, he was banging his filthy, ugly and shapeless neighbour. Babe, check me out now, dont i have what it takes to keep a man? Why do i keep having badluck with men? Just take a look at me...' she cried harder 'i thought we were going smoothly. I thought we were going to be a perfect couple but....' she started crying again.

I couldnt bring myself to tell her that she brought everything upon herself. If she hadnt dated Xaviercasmir, whatever his ugly name was, she wouldnt be crying now and even cursing her mother for birthing her.
This was why i hated men. They siezed every opportunity they get to take you for granted. I was better off without them, no one could tell me otherwise.

'to think he was even banging her doggie. Doggie is something we always have, not like i starve him of that position. Wetin i do am?'

'babe, the earlier you start leaving men alone, the better for you. This is not the first time you're nursing a heartbreak, nor the second or the third, what is wrong with you? Let them be! Learn to say no Kamsiyochukwu, when will you ever?'

'i love am Kainene. To think it was even the bitch who sent that text telling me to come with his phone. She just wanted to show me she had him now. She was the one who saw me first and her moans increased immediately she saw me....' she pulled her hair.

TBC

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
Hundreddegrees:
Story is full of ups and downs.. .
Nice one bro
I am nt a bro. I'm a sis
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chumzypinky:
U ds prettyhurts, u read bt u dnt comment, its nt fair oo, rememba, u mite b an author sumday, hw wuld u fil wen u're writin, pple ar readin bt nt commentin?

Uh-oh uh-huh dear, but I've commented and it still doesn't mean I won't comment again. Oya come and take hug, be careful my baby might vomit on you. Congrats on making FP and also try to number your work like chapter one or episode 1,2 e.t.c
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
Prettyhurts:

Uh-oh uh-huh dear, but I've commented and it still doesn't mean I won't comment again. Oya come and take hug, be careful my baby might vomit on you. Congrats on making FP and also try to number your work like chapter one or episode 1,2 e.t.c
Lollzzz, if ur baby vomits on me, i wil vomit on her too. Tanxxx dear.
About d numberin stuff, na wa oo, i've gone far alredi, i dont even knw wer 2 start frm. And i have d problem of rememberin my chaptas evritym. Not my fault, i've got 2 many stuffs on my head *winkzz
Re: Red Ashes by Nmaglit: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
quote author=Chumzypinky post=52008115]Nmaglit Tijehi Crazo i dey c una oo[/quote]

No wahala I dey wait

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
Dedicated to Prettyhurts and Xaviercasmir, the heartbreaker.

JOLADE.

'why are you staring at me like that?' i barked at Kelvin. He looked down and walked away.

I felt guilty shouting at him but it wasnt my fault. I was just in a bad mood and i found myself shouting at all the maids. Its true that i never treated the workers well and that was because they werent my class. They were under me and thats where they were going to remain, under me.

I added finishing touches to my make up, applied red lipstick, smack my lips then stood up. I smoothed my red chiffon gown which had a gold waist band. It was a gown Bidemi had gotten for me the last time she visited Nigeria. It was a pencilled gown with flowery designs at the neck and hand. And it was very expensive.

Instead of remaining at home all day, i decided to pay a visit to Folake, my immediate elder sister. Folake hardly visited the house. And that was because of mum. They were always at loggerheads with each other and mum dreaded having Folake around.

It all started from when Folake was forced to marry Senator Ayoxelee. Folake had been in love with someone from a middleclass family and they had planned to get married with her sponsoring the wedding but mother would have none of it. And she had wasted no time in arranging Folake and the Senator's marriage..

And thats why till date, Folake wanted nothing to do with her.

It was no news that Folake was still having an affair with her ex-boyfriend. Her husband had caught them several times and reported to mum but he never divorced Folake even when she had dared him to several times. The reason being his political career would be shattered should the media get wind of their divorce.

And so Folake had remained in the house, sometimes inviting her lover over even when her husband was around.

'where are you headed? To see Nathan?' mum's voice rang out from her room as i passed it. I was oblivious of the fact that her door was ajar.

I stopped and turned 'i'm going to see Folake'

'dont you have better things to do than visiting Folake? Like going over to Nathan's house, cooking for him, and taking care of him like a woman should care for her man'

'Nathan and i are not on good terms mother'

'and so, it is your duty to settle whatever differences are there between you two...' she came out of her room and closed the door behind her 'Lade, you're my last child and i care about your happiness. If you like hate me later, the way Folake hates me now simply because i wanted her to be happy. Even if Folake hates me from now till the end of the world, i will not shake. She's my child and i am her mother. Knowing fully well that she can have anything at all that money can buy, that she can have anything she wants at her beck and call is enough reason for me to stay alive. Bidemi is happily married to her doctor husband overseas and i want you to be married as well. Lade, dont give up on Nathan simply because he said you lack self respect. A woman is said to lack self respect when she's fighting for something that rightfully belongs to her. You love Nathan and i know he loves you too. You guys will make the perfect couple....' she said with a broad smile.

I faked a smile and walked away. True, i loved Nathan, but did he love me too?

I walked to the red Toyota Camry and inserted my keys into it. As i opened it, i sighted Kelvin watering the flowers in the garden.

I dropped my gold Chiffani purse in the car and walked towards him.

'Kelvin?' i called as i walked towards him.

He stopped and turned to me, then he lowered his head.

'why cant you look me in the eye?' i asked him.

He didnt say anything.

'look at me, Kelvin. Look at me' He raised his head and looked at me.

I reached for his hand and squeezed it and i could tell that gesture surprised him.

'i'm sorry about my reaction earlier. I was in a very bad mood. It wasnt my intention to shout at it. I'm sorry' i couldnt believe i was apologising to a common helper in my house.

But all the same, he deserved it. He had helped me once and i was going to be grateful to him for the rest of my life.

He only smiled 'no problem ma'am. There's no need apologising to up. I understand your plight'

I drew back 'what plight?'

Then he looked down. And i realised he had been eavesdropping my conversation with my mum. He knew about Nathan.

I just shrugged, dropped his hands and catwalked back to my car, entered and drove away to my sister's house only for me to be welcomed with the sight of my sister being placed over the table and banged by someone dressed in white and black, obviously a chaffeur in the house!

TBC

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 4:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
This Folashade get mind oo
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Lollzzz, if ur baby vomits on me, i wil vomit on her too. Tanxxx dear.
About d numberin stuff, na wa oo, i've gone far alredi, i dont even knw wer 2 start frm. And i have d problem of rememberin my chaptas evritym. Not my fault, i've got 2 many stuffs on my head *winkzz

LOL, thanks for the dedication dear. Grateful but kukuma hol your vomit biko. Agbọ ụmụ aka na nke okenye abụghị otu (children vomit and adult own ain't the same)
Re: Red Ashes by ayoxelee(m): 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chumzypinky we go fight o, na which kind LovePeddler u kon go kari gve me as wive naw, beta pikin dy fo grnd u no gv me na dat Ashawo wy common chaffeur dy bang cme b my wifey, I'l nor say anytn o. BTW, I'm anticipating romance between Kelvin n Jolade
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
Sandra2winstar remember u're an author too, hw wuld u fil wen u write n pple do nt comment? Eh? I've bin seein u viewin bt i've neva 4 1ce cum acros ur comment, so nt fair...
Re: Red Ashes by sandra2winstar(f): 6:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Sandra2winstar remember u're an author too, hw wuld u fil wen u write n pple do nt comment? Eh? I've bin seein u viewin bt i've neva 4 1ce cum acros ur comment, so nt fair...
Honestly, I started reading this yesterday. But I can see you're doing a good job. Ride on, I gat you back.
Re: Red Ashes by angelliza(f): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
The story is Interesting More knowledge to continue d story
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
angelliza:
The story is Interesting More knowledge to continue d story
Tanx dear
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
sandra2winstar:

Honestly, I started reading this yesterday. But I can see you're doing a good job. Ride on, I gat you back.
Ok honey
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
ayoxelee:
Chumzypinky we go fight o, na which kind LovePeddler u kon go kari gve me as wive naw, beta pikin dy fo grnd u no gv me na dat Ashawo wy common chaffeur dy bang cme b my wifey, I'l nor say anytn o. BTW, I'm anticipating romance between Kelvin n Jolade
Lolll, u no even happy sey i carry senator gv u. Assumin sey i gv u gateman, u 4 begin dey complain........
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
Empress101 d gods jst pstn dey watch u
Re: Red Ashes by rosypearl(f): 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
A pretty good update keep up the good work, more ink to ur pen n more ideas popping to ur head
Re: Red Ashes by ayoxelee(m): 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Lolll, u no even happy sey i carry senator gv u. Assumin sey i gv u gateman, u 4 begin dey complain........

ehen... d senator even mk sense but d wife just get as e b
Re: Red Ashes by MozB: 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
ah ah whats wrong na? People be banging here and there... Ohr.. Lemme find my levels too o grin grin grin
Re: Red Ashes by Tuhndhay(m): 4:42am On Dec 18, 2016
jagugu88li:
Ok so.....Nathan has a father, Jude....i see....make I go read again.

Self respect, preach Nathan preach. Nene's jazz is natural, I tell you.

So my author calls me an early sleeper cheesy....I'm not actually, its the time difference that's all.
Creeza Lawhaladey Girlhaley Bummybummy, come see oh!

nastynic Tuhndhay I know you'll bothe respond next year embarassed. When you finally do, drop a comment abeg...........then follow
Thanks for the invitee dear, i really appreciate
Re: Red Ashes by Tuhndhay(m): 4:54am On Dec 18, 2016
Chumzypinky .... Nice creative plot... Nathan is 26,Nene is 24, Mabel and Chioma, the offence committed against her what could it be Jolade and Kelvin, maybe Kelvin was from the woman raped at togo or allegedly threw herself at "Chuka Igho", Kaka let's see about her (do you know what Kaka means),
Do women with Jolade's low self esteem exist
I also live your pidgin-style influx into the story. Jagugu88li read from around after 3:00am to 4:52am, Greg42 come and join in reading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by empress101(f): 5:52am On Dec 18, 2016
awwwww cry.... dearie, evn if I dnt say smfin.. jst knw u gat a unique story OK? I love it... thumbs up!!
Re: Red Ashes by ibullem(m): 6:35am On Dec 18, 2016
ayoxelee:

hahahaha...
the chaffeur is only doing his duties ... you know... warming the engine for you... so you will meet it in perfect shape grin
Re: Red Ashes by Ehmjay(m): 6:40am On Dec 18, 2016
I'm loving this lovely piece...Pinky take a bottle of lucozade boost to boost and energize your writing pen
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 18, 2016
I'll tell you one thing.....Nathan is not Jude's son. "I wanted to come clean but decided to play along"......"you are more dullard than i thought"

Chuks is still my main suspect, concerning this Nathan matter

Prettyhurts my dear, Kamsiyochukwu? Please do the needful....God has....?

Tuhndhay:
I also live your pidgin-style influx into the story. Jagugu88li read from around after 3:00am to 4:52am, Greg42 come and join in reading
Where have you been?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.