Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,747 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS (50099 Views)

Obi Madubogwu Dies Of Fever In Lagos, Corpse Heads To Anambra / Obi Madubogwu Is Dead After Battling Diabetes (Photos) / Obi Madubogwu's Leg Is Decaying (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by skyo78(m): 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2016
Why are the bank details and phone number hidden?

How are your readers expected to help?

2 Likes

Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by histemple: 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2016
sod09:
y are day always asking for help

Because they are not as rich as people think.
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by IamISRAEL(m): 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2016
dainformant:
Veteran Nollywood actor and producer, Obi Madubogwu, is critically ill, following a long battle with a Diabetic wound. Mr. Obi who recently came out of coma -is currently has ran short of funds to continue his treatments and medication and now is on the verge of losing his leg in order to save his life. An online campaign has been launched to help the movie director get back on his feet....

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/obi-madubogwu-another-veteran-nollywood.html

I thought they said Easterners are billionaires? he should help himself
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by icankel: 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2016
Chai..was dat y i dont see him on movies. Quick recovery bro
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by ugochukwufrenzy: 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2016
I loved dis man's movies while growing up.
.u shall rise again sir..where all dose actors and actresses who show off deir millions.. dey will do nw as if dey did not see dis
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Kbantin: 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
and a blogger bought 70million suv yesterday. .and dis man is short of fund to treat himself..nawa o
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by alaskido(m): 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
Buy why?
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by moshino(m): 4:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
it is well with him

It will be well with him if you send him that money you have, instead of using it for short-time olosho.
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2016
So sad, he is now a shadow of his former self. May God heal him
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by VickyRotex(f): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
IamISRAEL:

I thought they said Easterners are billionaires? he should help himself

You guys don't have to involve Tribalism in everything. Haba!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by midastouch: 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
There is no need for this to happen.

Please let him or anybody that is close to him google how to prepare oil from the flowers and leaves of cannabis indica strains. The oil is both for oral and topical use. It will heal the sore within 2 weeks at most. Real powerful and potent stuff. A word of caution: prepare the oil yourself, do not buy from anyone no matter what! A lot of people are desperate to scam anybody in need also, the need for quality control.
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2016
Deem:
Is a great actor...pls I need his account details

I solicit for you assistance too. If you can help me.
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by jimenyo: 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
You will not lose your leg in Jesus name!
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by VickyRotex(f): 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
midastouch:
There is no need for this to happen.

Please let him or anybody that is close to him google how to prepare oil from the flowers and leaves of cannabis indica strains. The oil is both for oral and topical use. It will heal the sore within 2 weeks at most. Real powerful and potent stuff. A word of caution: prepare the oil yourself, do not buy from anyone no matter what! A lot of people are desperate to scam anybody in need also, the need for quality control.

Midastouch, if you feel the solution you're proferring will work, why not just give the wife a call.

Just checked the poster's page for the contact. I've attached the screenshot of the contact I got from the Poster's page on Facebook.

Don't know why the Op had to tint the numbers, if he wants us to assist.

PS: It's just a suggestion, please don't feel compelled to.

It just breaks my heart to see people sick and helpless.

2 Likes

Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by chiraqDemon(m): 5:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
Come u posted this so we could just know or so we could help?
Why are u now censoring the number even the help line has been censored so if i want to help how do i onow the number
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by IamISRAEL(m): 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
VickyRotex:

You guys don't have to involve Tribalism in everything. Haba!
Are you to tell me what to post?
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
PappiSnow:
What is diabetics wounds?

when you are a diabetic.. wounds take a long time to heal or do not heal at all.. which is the cause of loss of limbs and even blindness.

Eat right, Exercise right
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Baroba(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
Quick recovery brother..The best advice I can give to anyone with Diabetes or pre diabetic is to switch to a low carb high fat diet..Ketogenic diet.. Insulin therapy in Naija no be beans...I have an aunt that was spending 5k per vial, once she cut out all the excess starch she was eating, her blood glucose level returned to baseline..
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by absool(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
Never heard of him
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by PappiSnow: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
LaEvilIMiss:

when you are a diabetic.. wounds take a long time to heal or do not heal at all.. which is the cause of loss of limbs and even blindness.

Eat right, Exercise right

I walk several kilometers daily, does that make up for exercise?
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Dething: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
Pls who has a clear portrait of him? May God heal him In Jesus name.
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Montaque(m): 5:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
Its so sad that the Actors Guild hasn't thought it fit to provide health insurance services or joint pool fund for its members. Every day we see one actor crying for financial assistance to pay hospital bills, while his colleague is on another thread displaying his customised gold iphone 7.

1 Like

Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by onatisi(m): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
it is well with him
It is not well with him
He needs money to get well.
That is why they are appealing to ppl to help him.
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
May GOD heal him
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by darf(m): 6:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
We can get him to use our wound care for diabetic chronic wounds...call 07044405763

Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
9jakohai:

Well, in diabetics, if they are not keeping their blood sugar under control by taking their drugs regularly, if they get a small injury on their foot...they can develop a would which gets easily infected, and even worse than a 'normal' person because 1) the high blood sugar plays havoc with the healing process 2) the high blood sugar provides lots of nourishment to the bacteria 3) High blood sugar also attacks the nerve supply...which reduces one's ability to feel pain, so if you are a diabetic with poorly controlled sugar, and you hit your toe against stones on the floor....you may worsen the wound because the pain which you are normally supposed to feel as a warning signal is gone.(Similar process in leprosy...which is why lepers lose their hands and fingers).

That is why when you have diabetes.....keep that blood sugar under control. Because diabetic foot is very very difficult to treat (People end up spending weeks and naira in the hospital). If your loved one has diabetes....beg am in the name of God to take his or her drugs regularly AND to stick to the diabetic diet.

God bless you for this information.

What is the difference between the insulin dependant and the nun-insulin diabetes?

Please is there any diabetic symptoms? And how can know such symptoms.

Can i man of 30 years be diabetic?

What are the main cause of diabetes?

Thanks in advance
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by ylaa(f): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
Pls how can I reach his wife? I will like to contribute my own widow's mite.
I also urge my fellow nairalander to join hands n Lez help our hero in need. Nothing is too small. Even 500naira from half of nairalanders is something.
Pls lez not let him die. Thank you
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
It beats me why many Nigerian so-called celebrities never consider buying health care insurance. You see them fall apart and turn to beggars whenever they have even the simplest health challenges.

We all need special orientation in order to understand the importance of our health and also making provision for unforseen health challenges.

Meanwhile, sir, get well soon. I sincerely hope some good Samaritans come your way and put an end to your misery.
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
jimenyo:
You will not lose your leg in Jesus name!

So Nigerian! Imagine!

1 Like

Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by shinebabe(f): 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2016
9jakohai:

Well, in diabetics, if they are not keeping their blood sugar under control by taking their drugs regularly, if they get a small injury on their foot...they can develop a would which gets easily infected, and even worse than a 'normal' person because 1) the high blood sugar plays havoc with the healing process 2) the high blood sugar provides lots of nourishment to the bacteria 3) High blood sugar also attacks the nerve supply...which reduces one's ability to feel pain, so if you are a diabetic with poorly controlled sugar, and you hit your toe against stones on the floor....you may worsen the wound because the pain which you are normally supposed to feel as a warning signal is gone.(Similar process in leprosy...which is why lepers lose their hands and fingers).

That is why when you have diabetes.....keep that blood sugar under control. Because diabetic foot is very very difficult to treat (People end up spending weeks and naira in the hospital). If your loved one has diabetes....beg am in the name of God to take his or her drugs regularly AND to stick to the diabetic diet.

Good point.
Additionally you can take Ruzu herbal bitters. It has been proven to take care of diabetes effectively. Mail my username at yahoo.com for details.
Re: Sick Obi Madubogwu On The Verge Of Losing His Leg To Diabetes. PICS by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 07, 2016
Joeblack01:
[color=#006600][/color]

God bless you for this information.

What is the difference between the insulin dependant and the nun-insulin diabetes?

Well, insulin dependent diabetics use regular insulin injections to keep their blood sugar at a normal level. Depending on needs and on the patient it can be once to several times a day.They need the insulin injections because their pancreas( an organ below your stomach) cannot produce insulin at all , mainly due to genetic factors.

Non-insulin dependent diabetics (Type 2) have pancreas that still produce some insulin...just not enough. So, they need medications to help their pancreas produce more insulin , as well as medications to reduce absorption of sugar (breakdown product of food) from their intestines. They also may need insulin, especially when they are seriously ill. Some of them may eventually need to change to insulin full time.

As a rough rule of thumb....type I diabetics present/fall ill young (as children) type 2 diabetics present at a much older age (but this is not a fast rule...type 2 is appearing at younger age due to bad Western diets, and sedentary lifestyle).

Please is there any diabetic symptoms? And how can know such symptoms.

Well, the classic symptoms are frequent urination, loss of weight, general weakness and eating heavily. But many times, there may be no symptoms....just high blood sugar on doing a test.(Regular checkups can catch the issue early).

Infact, according to one of our country's experts on diabetes....if you are having symptoms , the problem is very serious. Check your blood sugar regularly!(once every 4-6months).!

Can i man of 30 years be diabetic?

Unfortunately yes.....especially type 2 diabetes.

What are the main cause of diabetes?

Thanks in advance

1.Poor diet and lack of exercise
2.Genetics...especially type 1 diabetics. (that is...if there is a history of your mother or father or other relatives having diabetes
3.Old age (your body is wearing down...and that includes the pancreas.)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banky W And Adesua Etomi's White Wedding Photos In South Africa / Don-jazzy - A Slave Master? (pictures) / "I Will Never Try It Again": Mike Ezuruonye Cries On Walking On Suspended Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.