Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading (16404 Views)

Resource Control Splits Senators / Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading / APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by nnamdismart: 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
it's a welcome development
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by enigma3000: 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
Omudia11:
Cool
A picture is really worth a thousand words
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
herzern1:
It seems they forqot the President has Veto Power.

PMB can veto that bill and it won't see the liqht of the day.

Oh!,I forqot,Most of them are only interested in the paddinq of budqet.

You also forget that 2/3 of the House of rep can pass it into law without the executive assenting it

3 Likes

Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by ericmore38: 12:26am On Dec 08, 2016
good
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by akilo1: 12:28am On Dec 08, 2016
before house of rep doing this the common sense senator is busy on twitter #ben bruce

1 Like

Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by micfoley: 12:28am On Dec 08, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by estyvino(m): 1:10am On Dec 08, 2016
emmalexabl:

herzern1:

You need insight on how this nation can be great again, you need history teacher

Nigeria was once doing well without oil, so you see!

Tho you probably a teenager
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by DedeNkem: 2:04am On Dec 08, 2016
Northern parasites won't let the bill pass!

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by MONITZ: 2:32am On Dec 08, 2016
This bill is dead on arrival, It is as sure as death..
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:

You also forget that 2/3 of the House of rep can pass it into law without the executive assenting it
2/3 of BOTH the Senate and House of Reps
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 3:20am On Dec 08, 2016
Who are they fooling,after enriching themselves with our oyel they now want to cutoff from the rest of the country after discovering oil and minerals in the north,we are all in this ship together,we will continue sharing the loot amicably.

Una don deplete our oyel wan run abi.una never see sumptin

4 Likes

Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Blue3k(m): 3:49am On Dec 08, 2016
justscorchone:
Who are they fooling,after enriching themselves with our oyel they now want to cutoff from the rest of the country after discovering oil and minerals in the north,we are all in this ship together,we will continue sharing the loot amicably.

Una don deplete our oyel wan run abi.una never see sumptin

Sunk cost fallacy at its worst.
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Jelomy: 4:03am On Dec 08, 2016
steppins:
DOA. People like Aregberascal would clearly see a reason not to pay salaries and infrastructural development.
States like Lagos and Ogun go use tax pursue people comot.
The northern governors would turn their people into refugees in their own land.
As for the Eastern and the South South governors, Na season of plenty(Ebonyi state excluded)
It's a good form of development, but it can never happen.
why is Ebonyi state excluded? Do you know anything about Ebonyi in relation to mineral resources? Smh for you..

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 4:13am On Dec 08, 2016
Finally! The bill that 'll reset the dumb nomad's brain & eventually coerce him to throw in the towel!
Buhari's ONLY achievement is the VERBAL diversification of nig's mono economy!...pathetically clueless dude!

1 Like

Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by oduastates: 4:31am On Dec 08, 2016
alizma:
can't wait to see kogi in total control of ajaokuta steel company, itape iron ore, obajana cement deposit, gold deposit in yagba west etc.

Kogi is a Nigerian construct.Let me complete it for you .

And come back home
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by discusant: 5:39am On Dec 08, 2016
ojmaroni247:
This na initial Gragra it won't fly unless oil has been found in the North, abi Dem done find am already na em make Dem Wan pass am.

Lol. Did you not read the stances of Speaker Dogara and the other northern Rep against the Bill?
Dogara even called it a wasted exercise debating the Bill.

In Nigeria of rigged political structure that has twenty federal units in the north, resource control can't be incorporated into the constitution, as 19 northern Houses of Assembly and most Southwest Houses of Assembly can't accept to pass such amendments to the constitution.

Unless the TonyeBarcanisters from the Southsouth can provide a formula to include Resource Control into the constitution.

The Barcas sit tight in one Nigeria asking for political restructuring and resource control, as they forlornly hope for the day Arewa shall say "Yesssssss" to resource control and political restructuring.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by alizma: 5:50am On Dec 08, 2016
oduastates:

Kogi is a Nigerian construct.Let me complete it for you .
And come back home
can you explain in a more understandable language/expression?
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by discusant: 6:06am On Dec 08, 2016
akilo1:
before house of rep doing this the common sense senator is busy on twitter #ben bruce

Loooool.

Bruce wants to Tweet himself to Presidency.
As if he didn't observe how helpless Goodluck Jonathan was as president.

Nigeria's political structure was rigged to such that Arewa has near-absolute majority in the country's political process to direct who ever is president and what can happen in Nigeria.

Otuoke couldn't even get common running water from Jonathan's presidency. But the $1.09 standard gauge railway lines were built in the north during Jonathan's presidency.

Obasanjo as president couldn't even asphalt the road to his Ota in Ogun state. He seized Lagos state local government allocations during most of his tenure, perhaps in a bid to satisfy northern kingmakers that he was still loyal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Kingbuhari(m): 7:20am On Dec 08, 2016
Blue3k:

Not sure if you know this isn't tribal issue it's political. Besides it's only northern politicians I've seen against it. Then SW states also support this aswell. Even northern politicians wIould do it for their own self interest for tax revenue.

Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/restructuring-nigeria-yoruba-agenda-yakasai/
I wholeheartedly pray so... let's see who is the real parasites
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 08, 2016
herzern1:

His veto can only last out his tenor in office, and let's not forget that he can't veto his impeachment
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 08, 2016
CFCman:

2/3 of BOTH the Senate and House of Reps
Yea
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 08, 2016
herzern1:

Another Iqnoramus.

Go read up on the concept of Government.

If PMB is aqainst this bill,I REPEAT IT CANT BE ACTUALISED.

He only needs the support of his people(excludinq Southerners).

instead of cheering him to use his veto power, like you are implying with your comments , why don't you be objective and base your analysis on the overall growth of the country?,na wah for una o
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by dualsurvey: 9:29am On Dec 08, 2016
ajayiopy:
Buhari might be the last president of Nigeria. However, let all the state work on the discovery of more minerals , otherwise state like Osun and the likes cannot survive without federal allocation
U will be surprised with the rate of developments from those states if such bill is passed. They too have great mineral resources in large deposits, including gold. So don't come to quick conclusion.
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Ababadada: 10:10am On Dec 08, 2016
That bill is for only solid minerals not crude oil.
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Justiceleague1: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2016
KingBelieve:
Good development, we in d Niger Delta are watching from a distance. No resources control, No support from d Niger Delta Youths. cool
they aint gonna pass that bill. The constitution amendment committee is made up of 'them hausa parasites' and they are gonna reject it. If they rejected the pib bill,what do u expect here?
But times up,the parasitic north cannot hold us to ransome anymore. We must possess our possession by all means. Isnt it a taboo that we are debating over how to own what rightly belongs to us in the 1st place?!

2 Likes

Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by drnoel: 10:39am On Dec 08, 2016
herzern1:

U didn't know? That power has been cubbed by the house. The new rules is that any bill passed by both upper and lower houses and rectified by the state houses will be considered law if the president within 30 days fails to return the bill to the house for amendment stating his greviances. Meaning the president can't veto any bills again but must explicitly write his problems with a bill within 30 days, if he fails to do so that bill becomes law.
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by timsTNA: 10:53am On Dec 08, 2016
steppins:
DOA. People like Aregberascal would clearly see a reason not to pay salaries and infrastructural development.
States like Lagos and Ogun go use tax pursue people comot.
The northern governors would turn their people into refugees in their own land.
As for the Eastern and the South South governors, Na season of plenty (Ebonyi state excluded)

It's a good form of development, but it can never happen.

What do you mean by Ebonyi excluded? Care to expatiate
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by leospruce(m): 11:50am On Dec 08, 2016
I can't believe some SE SW SS pipo are against this,this is a welcome development @least our lazy governors should start working rather than bein dependen on papa fg and mama senate.see with these if boko haram like them bomb there state resources nah there biz if militant like them do like wise nah our biz.i c igbö pipo and mostly jigawa state being 9ja richest states!!hope we south south make good use of oil to be able to trade better with our compatriots but nice initiative now I know we got. Good thinkers up there kudos
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by obim55: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
I have a strong feeling with the passage of this bill that oil has been discovered in the north. I will fold my hands and watch events as they unfold.

1 Like

Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by aburi2008: 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
I strongly believe dt lawmakers from northern extraction will neva veto this bill, that's y d likes of Ibrahim Sadiq argued on it and Yakubu Dogara also concurred to his argument....well we're watching, let d game begin....wch eva way Biafra is all I seek and dt we'll get
Re: Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading by Blue3k(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
Is their a way to see the voting record of the politicans concerning this bill. This will tell us who needs to be replaced and who holding back progress for nation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Has Fallen Sick And Is Now Been Treated At The Presidential Villa / Senate Directs Investigation Into Excessive Bank Charges / Atiku Abubakar Receives Signed Copy Of ‘A Poet Who Died By His Poem’ (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.