Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! (39081 Views)

More Trouble In Buhari Camp: Buhari’s Men Subdue Amaechi, Initiates Probe / Dino Melaye To SARS: "I Will Kill Myself And Put You People In Trouble" / Governor Wike Views Port-Harcourt City From A Helicopter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by MrCyril(m): 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
TROUBLE IN PORTHARCOURT CITY!!

Please, all PHC resident:
Have you all noticed
that thick black soothes are all over Portharcourt - even inside the homes- the sole of your feet is very black and we inhale quantities everyday.

Early in the morning your cars are all covered with the same thick soothes.

Nobody seem to be saying anything about it.

Please, my people, what is going on? Could it be that a company is messing up the environment so massively and threatening our survival and we don't seem to know and care?

I am worried.

Let's push this until it gets to the appropriate quarters for answers and solutions

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by abiki(f): 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
You're so right. Thought i was the only one that noticed.

23 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by MrCyril(m): 10:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
abiki:
You're so right. Thought i was the only one that noticed.
you can imagine the stuffs we have been breathing in. Not good for health at all, something needs to be done about it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by TheEastActivist: 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
Pinshure or idinblivit

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by obongitiad(m): 10:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
Yeah I noticed how dirty the sole of my feet was. At first I was surprised, then I shrug it off with the excuse that it just might be dust dats all.

Maybe u shd have a biochemist test the dusts under the feet of two or three people for any negative discoveries.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Csami(m): 11:33pm On Dec 07, 2016
I noticed it 2days ago. The sole of my feet was as black as coal today too, despite the fact that I didn't go out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yarimo(m): 11:41pm On Dec 07, 2016
You are confused instead of you to go out and confirm what is happening and take pictures and videos , you are here opening thread nairalanders should help you. As if what you are scared for nairalanders are not scared for. Smh grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by dunkem21(m): 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
Lalasticlala, this is serious o..

Thinking of oil servicing firms embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Cjrane2: 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2016
Dem want to dash cancer to all PH residents.
Only God knows who is responsible.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by talk4free: 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2016
yarimo:
You are confused instead of you to go out and confirm what is happening and take pictures and videos , you are here opening thread nairalanders should help you. As if what you are scared for nairalanders are not scared for. Smh grin

Congratulations for being the most stupid person on nairaland. What has the op said or done that is wrong in your eyes? I was looking at the black dust I had been noticing for the past week wondering if I was the only one. Then I called people in Woji, elelenwo, transamadi and abuloma and they all confirmed observing same. No one has a clue where its coming from so what video do you expect from the op?

We are talking about a serious environmental hazard here and little kids with fragile lungs are breathing this same soot.

Abeg for people with brains anyone with any idea what's the cause of this? Apparently its been on for months but people are just noticing it now.

169 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Rucheen(m): 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
That's a London-type Smog.

1 Like

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
Serious pollution.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yarimo(m): 12:00am On Dec 08, 2016
Silly kid keep on asking stupid question,don't go out and confirm what is happening. Keep on sitting in your dirty toilet and to be posting idiotic comments grin
talk4free:

Congratulations for being the most stupid person on nairaland. What has the op said or done that is wrong in your eyes? I was looking at the black dust I had been noticing for the past week wondering if I was the only one. Then I called people in Woji, elelenwo, transamadi and abuloma and they all confirmed observing same. No one has a clue where its coming from so what video do you expect from the op?

We are talking about a serious environmental hazard here and little kids with fragile lungs are breathing this same soot.

Abeg for people with brains anyone with any idea what's the cause of this? Apparently its been on for months but people are just noticing it now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by talk4free: 12:07am On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
Silly kid keep on asking stupid question,don't go out and confirm what is happening. Keep on sitting in your dirty toilet and to be posting idiotic comments grin
My toilet is better than your living room. I can bet your life on it.....naaa don't even bother. You life is worthless too.

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yungbillionaire(m): 12:12am On Dec 08, 2016
op God bless u for dis topic...ive been very troubled at d rate at which i have been mopping my house, due to how how our soles keep getting darker...
itz almost as if i dont know how to do chores anymore..pls, dis is really serious and we need to put it out dere to let people be more observant, cuz trust me, i believe many people havent noticed dis yet.

14 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by yarimo(m): 12:14am On Dec 08, 2016
talk4free:

My toilet is better than your living room. I can bet your life on it.....naaa don't even bother. You life is worthless too.
alert alert!! NAIRALANDERS village boy detected grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by ojmaroni247(m): 12:28am On Dec 08, 2016
Me too this is freaky.....
Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by PDJT: 1:01am On Dec 08, 2016
Killing you lots slowly, whilst they live in the best cities in the world with their families.

3 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by MONITZ: 2:25am On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:

Who is this simpleton, eh... ??

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by Adminisher: 2:37am On Dec 08, 2016
Everytime you post stuff supporting pipeline vandalism and illegal refineries please know what you are supporting. "Buhari wants to kill us", "Buhari wants to kill us". You need to tidy up your thoughts and reactions to contemporary events.
The ND is taking a beating on the environment from illegal refineries some companies are hiding under that to perpetrate unacceptable operating conditions.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by sinkhole: 2:50am On Dec 08, 2016
But they said we have Environmental Protection Agency in this country, must the citizens start dropping dead before somebody will say something?
If the thing is as black as you guys post here, then it does not look like the normal harmattan dust which may be expected at this time! With a black pollutant like that, it seems something must be burning somewhere very close to the city (most probably, hydrocarbon) and I could just imagine the quantity of carbon nanoparticles plus numerous other particles the citizens must have inhaled. CANCER is loading for the people of Port Harcourt and its environ (I know some people will shout "not my portion in Jesus name" SMH for them)!

7 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by juman(m): 3:00am On Dec 08, 2016
Unfortunate country.

3 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by differently: 3:27am On Dec 08, 2016
Op u 'r right,I was thinking it's hamattan dust,don't know if it's worst in my area

3 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by ezeagu(m): 3:53am On Dec 08, 2016
PDJT:
Killing you lots slowly, whilst they live in the best cities in the world with their families.

They do not leave those their gated enclaves, if you see the way these white people talk about Nigerians you will know anger.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by gangwolf(m): 3:59am On Dec 08, 2016
Climate change is real and i wonder if these Companies care about our environment. Cause they ain't making any major effort to reduce the gases they emit into the environment.

2 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by nabiz(m): 4:09am On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
... are you alright at all? I think the moderator should start screening people before allowing the to join nairalaand

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by hotiegold(f): 4:24am On Dec 08, 2016
Honestly, it's good this observation was raised bcuz for many weeks here in Rumumasi, I mop the house like crazy yet I noticed my soles are always black. Its seriously an environmental hazard

4 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by QuotaSystem: 4:34am On Dec 08, 2016
Are the opinions of 'environmental activists' against Niger Delta militancy now required?

I hope people will now begin to consider the health and environmental effects of oil bunkering, pipeline vandalism and illegal refineries more seriously.

9 Likes

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by lovere: 4:50am On Dec 08, 2016
yarimo:
Trash...I wonder how people reason sometimes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thick Black Particles: Trouble In Port-Harcourt City!! by otokx(m): 5:05am On Dec 08, 2016
It's a terrible thing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Campaign Rally In Kaduna State Today-photos / Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka / Photos And Video From Kwara PDP Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.