Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) (25663 Views)

Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. / Female Petrol Station Attendant Was Overpaid N5000 By Customer.See What She Did / Secondary School Teacher In Kogi Returns N130k After She Was Overpaid By Govt(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
GossipHeart:

Some people are born to be poor for the rest of their lives

The government have been stealing our money from 1923 and all of a sudden you got the chance to repay them and you foolishly returned the money

Chai
True.

But this touched me:

"And I know, by His grace and mercy, I have saved the man's career and job. I am a satisfied man even in my condition."

The person that made the mistake would've been crying that his life is over, but thanks to Mr Leo, he's saved. The person was probably not a big gun, just an ordinary official. Mr. Leo doesn't look like he's suffering, and I don't think he will suffer again. Hopefully.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by etinanguy(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
D
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by dopedealer(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
rusher14:
The way EFCC works these days one might be tempted to return his salary.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by LilSmith55(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
The money was to be laundered through him.

exactly
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by femi4: 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
Young03:
Had he not returned it
government will know later

Don't quote me
He's a contractor.... He will not allow N1008,000 to jeopardize future contracts
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by sidneyj(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
he returned it after using it for mmm grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
pls anybody wants to register me for MMM jare.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by adesamix(m): 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
change begins with me.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
Social Media trumpet blowers...
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by oscaruzie(m): 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2016
him for no return am nah...naija govt.? I hear. no mata how long it takes, someone would find out and start probing him, even on his deathbed ni....

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2016
Thank God the man is a good man.

Has the person who made the mistake probed/questioned and dealt with?
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by exlinkleads(f): 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2016
Teewhy2:
That is to say not all Nigerians are corrupt and there is a future for the country, only if we can imbibe in our children the culture of honesty and be straight forward.
The family is the bedrock of a good Nigeria.

u think it works that way

dont u know that there are some bribes you yourself know that if you dont collect it, you will still do what needs to be done

or they will waste u and waste the life of your family.

u think say government na chere kam bia

u can actually talk anything when you are outside the game but when you are inside.....hmmm ur mouth will be guarded.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by permanentgrace(m): 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
dancok:
pls anybody wants to register me for MMM jare.

Let me register you pls. I beg of you. That referral is very important to me. PM pls.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
Sad that the op or whoever pushed this to fp cannot count. From 1,008,000 to 1,800,000.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by martineverest(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
'SHOCKS EVERYBODY' this shows how corrupt nigerians are
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by robay1(m): 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
GossipHeart:

The government have been stealing our money from 1923 and all of a sudden you got the chance to repay them and you foolishly returned the money

Chai
I wonder ooo,if na ordinary common man money,e for better,but government money,I go chop am
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by temi2008: 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
GossipHeart:

Chai
Jesus Christ! Look at the mind set of so called great leaders of tomorrow? Lord have mercy.castigating him for doing right. Haba! By the way, the 1 million and eight thousand Naira will not make me rich forever? He did the right thing and should be celebrated even though most Pple will throw Jab at him and call him names.. You have done the right thing thing.. We should all follow suite too.. I believe we will get there one day .Bravo sir
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by temi2008: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
GossipHeart:

Chai

Jesus Christ! Look at the mind set of so called great leaders of tomorrow? Lord have mercy.castigating him for doing right. Haba! By the way, the 1 million and eight thousand Naira will not make me rich forever? He did the right thing and should be celebrated even though most Pple will throw Jab at him and call him names.. You have done the right thing thing.. We should all follow suite too.. I believe we will get there one day .Bravo sir
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by edunaking: 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
nice one but very rare
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by loomer: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
exlinkleads:
he is nothing more than a fool

who the money help now

instead of giving it to one office of the government who will end up not remitting back to the account,

why dont him use it to give the motherless or help other needy in the society, if na him conscience they kill am.

1million naira nai make am a fool?
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
permanentgrace:

Let me register you pls. I beg of you. That referral is very important to me. PM pls.
pm not function.where u base
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by waluga(m): 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
dont be fooled by this...check out the tweet pics very well and the personal message sef....
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by hopeforcharles(m): 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
cuteme88:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! If i were on his shoes i will do the same thing. Make bad dream no kill me..
I will use the money do MMm and then return the seed money to them. There is a way this thing is done use the do sure business and go inform them ownes that u will return it that way they will say i am half truthful and have maybe a recomendation
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by YaksonFCA(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nice one. Keep it up.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by uwajeh(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
Your caption says N1.8 million while the documents say N1,008,000. Kindly amend your caption.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by LCASHMAN(m): 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
Return the money and move on with your life, we don't care. Talk about on behalf of my wife and ancestors. FOH
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by rottenegg: 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
I'm waiting to hear the "real" version of this story! Return ko, upright Nigerian ni!
See as the cheque rumple like say them force am sign the thing!

Na so we read say security see bag of cash for bank premises return am...forgetting that if he didn't, CCTV camera for finish him life!

Super story!
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by donodion(m): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
A Nigerian contractor that could do this is worthy of another contract appointment.

Hes proven himself as reliable please.
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by Maximus85(m): 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2016
rem44:
Sincere people are in Nigeria. A typical example is Leo Leo Umana, who was mistakenly overpaid to the tune of one million eight thousand Naira (N1,008,000) by Akwa Ibom State Secondary Education Board (AK-SUBEB).

The Ikot Ekpene borWednesday, 7th December, 2016, paid back the said amount into the account of SUBEB in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital.

Mr Leo Umana took to Facebook to share the news and wrote....

"This is unprecedented, it has never happened,  you are indeed a good man. God ll bless you and your family".  AMEN.

Mr Inyang
Account Section
SUBEB, AKS

I had a contract job with State Universal Education Board (SUBEB). After the job completion, I was mistakenly over-paid with sum of 1 million, Eight Thousand Naira only (1,008,000.00).

When I discovered the discrepancy, I notified the Account Department, and I promised to refund the said amount of money. Firstly, they were shocked by my action as a Nigerian, as it was not discovered by the Auditors.

Today being 7th of December, 2016, as a true patriot and a servant of the Most High God with the fear of God, humanity, conscience and future:

I, Mr Leo Leo Umana on behalf of myself, my wife and kids paid the sum of ONE MILLION, EIGHT THOUSAND NAIRA (1, 008,000.00) back into the AK-UBE ACCOUNT.
Attached here is the Cheque and deposit slips.

In a time like this recession and Economic quagmire, Xmas, school fees, it would have been very useful but I thank God for the grace and conscience to report and return the money.

And I know, by His grace and mercy, I have saved the man's career and job. I am a satisfied man even in my condition.

All glory return to God'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/akwa-ibom-man-shocks-everybody-by.html

One, you didn't tell us how much the contract is and your profit.
Just return the money and stop praising yourself. Allow us praise you. You put your pictures and snap the cheques and tellers. Your intention is not noble.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by MPEROR1: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2016
ISONG was from Akwa Ibom State we do stuff like that
Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by cyberguy72(m): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
The guy fit don launch the money for MMM collect profit oo.Imagine wot N2m would generate in a month on MMM......cool 700k

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Contractor Returns N1.8m Overpaid To Him By Government (pics) by tjskii(f): 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
B4 nko, that huge amount of money and u think government wee not notice, the guy is just practicing self preservation o jere, mke efcc no go carry am for house, sharp guy e don dey take style tell govt say him need pay skool fees and house rent, hope ur Hustle pay o oga

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Are You Developing Yourself In Life? / Kenya Brown's Cheese: Female Workers Made To Strip Over Used Sanitary Pad / Sport Betting Addiction —the Great Career Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.