Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW (11406 Views)

FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. / Osinbajo And Fashola Visit Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Bridge (Photos) / Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by sorom4: 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
Confused Government
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by Metroescobar: 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nation of excuses!
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by obataokenwa(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
controlling 20 LGA in Lagos state is too small compared to almost 800 LGA, Abuja inclusive. Fashola should atleast apologise to GEJ for all the condemnations. I so much love what Bishop Oyedepo said yesterday.... "they don't know what else to do, if they know, let them do it".

2 Likes

Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by willibounce1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
Even when th power plants were working, we never enjoyed light. Now that they are down, no more hope.
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by donodion(m): 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
This is diaappointing and unacceptable on the part of ministry of power.
Besides, shortage of gas supply ( thanks but no thanks to gas pipeline explosion qs a result of the militias), the rest in quote could be largely blame on; inefficient, inconsistent and unreliable maintenance practises.

For goodness sake what happened to power back in the case of accidents or failed power structure.
Yet The DISCOs sought to have tarrif increment with little to nothing worth commending to show for.

Every ministries need quartely evaluations,appraisals and or restructure.

Who will Fashola blame now?
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
Makes no difference to we In Niger State. Even at the peak of power generation, we didn't have more than 2hrs light per day. Kokan any fvcking body
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by giles14(m): 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
osahonmk:

Nine of the nation’s 26 power plants did not generate any megawatts of electricity on Wednesday, coupled with significant reduction in the generation from two of the hydropower plants and several others.

The Shiroro Power Station in Niger State and Jebba Power Station in Kwara State saw their output fall to 300MW and 381MW, respectively, down from 450MW and 476MW on Friday, according to industry data obtained by our correspondent.

Unit 411G3 of Shiroro was out for water management, while 411G4 was out on maintenance.

Jebba’s unit 2G4 was also out for water management and 2G6 due to burnt generator winding and automatic voltage regulator.

Generation from Egbin, which is located in Lagos, with an installed capacity of 1,320MW, was said to have been limited to 160MW as of 6am on Wednesday, largely due to gas supply shortages, compared to the 172MW recorded on Tuesday, November 29.

The nation recorded another total system collapse on Sunday, December 4, the second in less than two weeks. The national grid had collapsed on November 24, the data showed.

The total national power generation fell to 3,251MW as of 6am on Wednesday, down from 3,574.2MW on Monday, November 28.

The power plants that were idle included Olorunsogo II in Ogun State and Ibom Power in Cross River.

Other plants, which did not generate any megawatt of electricity, were Afam IV & V, Odukpani NIPP, Trans-Amadi, AES, ASCO and Gbarain.

Olorunsogo’s units GT1, 2, 3, 4 and ST2 were said to be out due to gas constraints, while ST1 was out on maintenance.

The GT1 unit of Ibom Power was out on guide vane problem, while GT2 and 3 were out due to maintenance of the gas station for 45 days since October 21.

Twelve units of Afam IV & V were said to have been de-commissioned and scrapped; units GT13, 14, 15 and 16 were out on blade failure; GT17 and 18 were out due to burnt generator transformer; while GT19 and 20 were awaiting major overhaul.

Odukpani’s GT1 was shut down due to low excitation; GT2 out on maintenance; GT3 tripped on fire alarm; GT4 out due to unit transformer problem; and GT5 out due to gas constraints.

Trans-Amadi’s GT1, 2 and 4 were out due to gas constraints and GT3 out on fault, according to the data.

The AES was said to be out of production; ASCO’s GT1 was shut down due to leakage in the furnace; and Gbarain’s GT2 was out due to gas constraints.

http://www.energywatchng.com/nine-power-plants-shut-shiroro-jebba-lose-245mw/
but Lagos has crude oil n gas so why is the Egbin powerplant still been starved of gas.

d same goes to alaoji powerplant in abia n the other one in imo .

we need to decentralize power in dis country
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by lawalosky(m): 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
osahonmk:

Nine of the nation’s 26 power plants did not generate any megawatts of electricity on Wednesday, coupled with significant reduction in the generation from two of the hydropower plants and several others.

The Shiroro Power Station in Niger State and Jebba Power Station in Kwara State saw their output fall to 300MW and 381MW, respectively, down from 450MW and 476MW on Friday, according to industry data obtained by our correspondent.

Unit 411G3 of Shiroro was out for water management, while 411G4 was out on maintenance.

Jebba’s unit 2G4 was also out for water management and 2G6 due to burnt generator winding and automatic voltage regulator.

Generation from Egbin, which is located in Lagos, with an installed capacity of 1,320MW, was said to have been limited to 160MW as of 6am on Wednesday, largely due to gas supply shortages, compared to the 172MW recorded on Tuesday, November 29.

The nation recorded another total system collapse on Sunday, December 4, the second in less than two weeks. The national grid had collapsed on November 24, the data showed.

The total national power generation fell to 3,251MW as of 6am on Wednesday, down from 3,574.2MW on Monday, November 28.

The power plants that were idle included Olorunsogo II in Ogun State and Ibom Power in Cross River.

Other plants, which did not generate any megawatt of electricity, were Afam IV & V, Odukpani NIPP, Trans-Amadi, AES, ASCO and Gbarain.

Olorunsogo’s units GT1, 2, 3, 4 and ST2 were said to be out due to gas constraints, while ST1 was out on maintenance.

The GT1 unit of Ibom Power was out on guide vane problem, while GT2 and 3 were out due to maintenance of the gas station for 45 days since October 21.

Twelve units of Afam IV & V were said to have been de-commissioned and scrapped; units GT13, 14, 15 and 16 were out on blade failure; GT17 and 18 were out due to burnt generator transformer; while GT19 and 20 were awaiting major overhaul.

Odukpani’s GT1 was shut down due to low excitation; GT2 out on maintenance; GT3 tripped on fire alarm; GT4 out due to unit transformer problem; and GT5 out due to gas constraints.

Trans-Amadi’s GT1, 2 and 4 were out due to gas constraints and GT3 out on fault, according to the data.

The AES was said to be out of production; ASCO’s GT1 was shut down due to leakage in the furnace; and Gbarain’s GT2 was out due to gas constraints.

wich way NiGeria sad
osahonmk:

wich way NiGeria
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by winterfell007(m): 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
i don't get it why as a nation we have totally refused to explore the offgrid system. i keep saying that the conventional way building big power plants and conveying them through large, expensive powerlines is becoming outdated. modern power technologies makes easier to light communities with various low-cost renewable energy technologies (RET) with stronger battery system that can stand alone.

other schemes include embedded power generation which large industrial companies and housing estates like Dangote, BUA, Chicason group, Honeywell, flourmills,wempco, NLNG, PZ and so on are exploring it already. companies like Mantrac, Clarke, FG Wilson and others power manufacturing companies are building mini power plants consisting of 1megawatts to as a large as 50 megawatts that can be deployed instantaneously. Europe and Asia already exploring these system of power generation for optimal performance

must we tie our future to senile,expensive and inefficient system that has defied all solutions...?

3 Likes

Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by Jesusloveyou: 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
GossipHeart:

Buhari is the best president in the history of Nigeria

I hope he rules Nigeria for 100 years
yea! Buhari still remain the best president in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by CioAngels(f): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
freemanbubble:
Na WA o. three hours on six hours off Na I'm bedc dey do us for okhoro Benin city. which means in a month we dey get light for only ten days. then the remaining twenty days Na off things.
even the three hours when we take dey manage get Na prayer plus abeg
most times we nor dey get am for that three hours but the six hours off Na for sure.
it seems the the nation is retrogressing not progressing.
Na revolution suppose fit this country where all youth go come together and fight the government. uprising.
but that can not happen because Nigeria is more of a battle field between the igbo and hausa. where the Yorubas are pretending not to be on any one side but carefully examining it they are on the Hausa side.
I pity for this nation. make my bsc show make I find my way out of this country. NIGERIA is a mistake
For me, the battle should be No longer for the Youth, the situation now, is beyond the Youth, it is mothers affair, but majorities of our mothers will tell you they are very busy in the office even when they just sit story telling. At times, i ask, who are these mothers working for, if not for the Youth. Mothers are watching brilliant youth roam the street for jobs already reservered for politician childrens, while the children with pass grade of our stealing leaders are secretly employed. Fashola once said, there were No white colar jobs, yet, his families were secretly employed. What fashola meant then was that, for the poor, if you like come out with the best grade, go and learn vocation at a makeshift shop with No tools and Light as the price to pay for not being a thief(politician).

1 Like

Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by CioAngels(f): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
freemanbubble:
Na WA o. three hours on six hours off Na I'm bedc dey do us for okhoro Benin city. which means in a month we dey get light for only ten days. then the remaining twenty days Na off things.
even the three hours when we take dey manage get Na prayer plus abeg
most times we nor dey get am for that three hours but the six hours off Na for sure.
it seems the the nation is retrogressing not progressing.
Na revolution suppose fit this country where all youth go come together and fight the government. uprising.
but that can not happen because Nigeria is more of a battle field between the igbo and hausa. where the Yorubas are pretending not to be on any one side but carefully examining it they are on the Hausa side.
I pity for this nation. make my bsc show make I find my way out of this country. NIGERIA is a mistake
For me, the battle should be No longer for the Youth, the situation now, is beyond the Youth, it is mothers affair, but majorities of our mothers will tell you they are very busy in the office even when they just sit story telling. At times, i ask, who are these mothers working for, if not for the Youth. Mothers are watching brilliant youth roam the street for jobs already reservered for politician childrens, while the children with pass grade of our stealing leaders are secretly employed. Fashola once said, there were No white colar jobs, yet, his families were secretly employed. What fashola meant then was that, for the poor, if you like come out with the best grade, go and learn vocation at a makeshift shop with No tools and Light as the price to pay for not being a thief(politician). May all the Deities in Nigeria humiliate all our stealing politicians.

1 Like

Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by Jesusloveyou: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
obataokenwa:
controlling 20 LGA in Lagos state is too small compared to almost 800 LGA, Abuja inclusive. Fashola should atleast apologise to GEJ for all the condemnations. I so much love what Bishop Oyedepo said yesterday.... "they don't know what else to do, if they know, let them do it".
oyedepo should go and kill himself.
I am still waiting for him to open the gate of hell.
They are the corrupt pastor That pray for ineffectual buffoon to be stealing our commonwealth.
We wouldn't have be suffering power situation now, if not for ineffectual buffoon criminality

1 Like

Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by PAQ(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nigeria is blessed with wind, our coastal regions are highly windy, yet no wind mills.

We are blassed with sun, 12 months a year, yet sloar energy is scarce.

We are blessed with gas, so much that we burn them freely every day for some decades now.... Yet we have gas shortages.

Yet, there are many alternatives to power i dont even know about, but these politicians make us spend money every year on power that we neva see. Some of you need to visit PH or Bayelsa, there is no light at all! As a matter of fact in Bayelsa state the government house n its environment is in darkness 80% of the time. Two things that will move this country forward is power n accessible roads. Nigeria can neva have a Mark Zuckerberg or Bill gates without power, if those 2 guys where born in Nigeria they maybe in a ministry now or doing yahoo yahoo.

3 Likes

Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by IamISRAEL(m): 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
This country sef
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by Blue3k(m): 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
Pathetic. Oh well it won't be like this forever.
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by mapet: 3:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
donodion:
This is diaappointing and unacceptable on the part of ministry of power.
Besides, shortage of gas supply ( thanks but no thanks to gas pipeline explosion qs a result of the militias), the rest in quote could be largely blame on; inefficient, inconsistent and unreliable maintenance practises.

For goodness sake what happened to power back in the case of accidents or failed power structure.
Yet The DISCOs sought to have tarrif increment with little to nothing worth commending to show for.

Every ministries need quartely evaluations,appraisals and or restructure.

Who will Fashola blame now?

Can you please elaborate on this?

I think it is beyond those. I will like someone on the inside to help us with proper information. My suspicion is that these power plants are either requiring turn-around-maintenance or they are largely over/under flogged hence incessant breakdowns

1 Like

Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by divide9ja: 4:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
osuofia2:

SMH............YOUR MONIKER

Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by huntax(m): 5:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A VALID REASON WHY THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT HAVEN'T INVESTED IN SOLAR PANELS FOR POWER GENERATION? THE SUN IN THE NORTH ALONE CAN POWER THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA.
SO WHAT IS STOPPING THE GOVERNMENT FROM DELVING INTO THIS OBVIOUS WAY OUT OF POWER PROBLEM?
Sorry for the caps, it's just so painful I can't turn on my lamps anytime I feel like.... And if ever I turn it on in the afternoon, it's to check whether power has been restored or seized.
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by juman(m): 6:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
Incompetency of first order.
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by specco(m): 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
GossipHeart:

A beg, if na curse stop am.
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by poseidon12: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
GossipHeart:

Bad guy. I would not wish Buhari on my enemy. That image drives home the sarcasm.
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by Blue3k(m): 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
huntax:
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A VALID REASON WHY THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT HAVEN'T INVESTED IN SOLAR PANELS FOR POWER GENERATION? [s]THE SUN IN THE NORTH ALONE CAN POWER THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA.[/s]

No solar energy can't power 160 million plus people. The power is intermittent. No way to store the erergy like coal or gas. The Nigerian Government is incompetent and or just waiting on private partis to invest. Solar in general more expensive then fossil fuels

Yes theirs more then enough energy. Nigeria just has bad policies.

1 Like

Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by shabakm: 10:36pm On Dec 08, 2016
point of correction jebba power station is not in kwara state but niger state
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by cardoctor(m): 3:25am On Dec 09, 2016
My area is in total darkness as I'm writing this. Not surprised sha
Re: Nine Power Plants Shut, Shiroro, Jebba Lose 245MW by huntax(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
Blue3k:

No solar energy can't power 160 million plus people. The power is intermittent. No way to store the erergy like coal or gas. The Nigerian Government is incompetent and or just waiting on private partis to invest. Solar in general more expensive then fossil fuels

Yes theirs more then enough energy. Nigeria just has bad policies.
Thank you for this eye opener.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'I Have No Hand In The Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye' - Yahaya Bello / The Third Force Best Bet Ahead Of 2019 Elections / INEC: PDP Lauds Onochie’s Rejection, Urges Buhari Not To Re-Present Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.