Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown (16347 Views)

5th Anniversary : Nigerian Couple Breaks The Internet With Family Pictures / Beautiful Photos Of 5 Family In Matching Outfits / How Often Do You Visit Your Hometown/village? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Revolva(m): 10:14am On Dec 08, 2016
December is a time when many Nigerians leave their abode in the city and hit the road to travel to their hometown. A hometown that is remote and a place that they visit once a year. Although some Nigerians don’t look forward to such an unaccustomed live in the countryside, you can make it a memorable December despite your reservations. So, whether you are travelling to Nnewi in the Southeast or to Zaria in the North, i gather ways you can have a memorable Christmas with your family even if you are in your hometown.

Organise a family reunion

The perception some Nigerians have about visiting their hometown and hobnobbing with family members can discourage you from organising a reunion. But the family is everything. They are the ones you ask for assistance when you need it. Then if you have the opportunity to bring them together under one roof to wine and dine, you should take advantage of it. Invite them to an evening party at your family house. You will get to distant cousins, nephews, and your daddy’s brother’s sister whom you have never met. It is a very good feeling!

Go hiking with your children

You are in your unspoilt village where civilisation is yet to massively encroach. It will be a wonderful moment to go hiking with your children. You show them the town halls, the stream where the village fetches water, and visit places where all you can have fun soaked in joy and laughter. Your children will always remember these moments. A mix of life in the city and in the countryside will give them a better perspective to life. They know that life is not all about the city.

Enjoy street food or local delicacy at a local restaurant

If you grew up your hometown, you know that nearly everything is natural and undiluted. This is why you should enjoy your favourite street food or local delicacy at your preferred spot. You won’t want to leave. This because you get the real taste.

Check out festivals

Because the people who reside in the village know that December is the period where families and friends who reside in the city return home, they usually fix festivals at these time. At the same time, family meetings are scheduled for this period. So, don’t miss these festivals. For example, if some parts of Enugu, they usually have their masquerade festivals in December. You can even book a hotel if the celebration runs into the night. Don’t forget to go with your spouse.

Relive village experience with childhood friends

You don’t just visit your hometown and leave without helloing your childhood friends. In fact, it is an opportunity to relive your childhood experiences. You talk about the shenanigans you engage in over a calabash of palm wine and goat meat. You will return the city a much happier person and your reservation about the village will have evaporated.

https:///5-ways-to-have-a-december-to-remember-with-family-in-your-hometown/

5 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by afanide: 10:22am On Dec 08, 2016
Interesting points...... cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 08, 2016
Revolva, how you doing?cool
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by inemani: 10:56am On Dec 08, 2016
Just make sure your pocket is loaded else OYO na your name. You can't just visit your homeboys and girls like that na, money must change hands mbok.

14 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Revolva(m): 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
Joavid:
Revolva, how you doing?cool

fine and you
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
Revolva:

fine and you
doing great!
nice thread and on point.
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Jh0wsef(m): 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
DIVIDE MUMMY AND DADDY WITH SIBLINGS INTO TWO TEAMS.

THROW BANGER AT EACH OTHER.

THANK ME LATER gringringrin

11 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Young03(m): 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
carry latest range rover like aunty Linda own
even witches and wizard go hail u

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by lollmaolol(m): 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nice write up.

Since Lagos is my hometown, I'll go swimming at Makoko and touch lifes at Christmas. Family and friends will be visiting us on boxing day.

Nairalanders are invited. But no snake talk is permitted in our house ooooo...before I change am for you. grin lalasticlala take note!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by SexyNairalander: 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
friends feel free to follow me and like my sexy picture
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
Please don't eat anything you see evil people are everywhere.
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Avoid all those Oloshos on holiday..
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by eewardelvis(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
New packaged original beats by dre solo HD headset for sale.. If interested DM me on WhatsApp 08117652066
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by chrisbaby24(m): 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ok...na for people wey get village ...me wey dey villageless...wetin I go cum do....!!
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by babasolo(m): 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
chop plenty food...

anyway.... Some Peeps Are The Cause Of Their Unemployment And Not Their Village People.How Will Your Cv Be Up To 24pages, If Your Employer Told You He Wanted To Read A Vangurd Newspaper He Would Have Bought One Himself...
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
well this Xmas I'll try and enjoy it.
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by midehi2(f): 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
i cant even dare go out much, hian! my own na to chop ofada rice, pounded yam & black soup, all those village menemenes grin chai i cant wait ooo
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by smartbros(m): 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
nice thread bet in oda news........e no go beta for nff,dalung and buhari for nt paying our girls
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by sammuell(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
Am gonna go try it
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by nickxtra(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
And pray very well against village witches before you go.
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2016
embarassed
Go for the night mass on Christmas Eve..
Light bangers!! cheesy
Drink Palmwine. I used to drink Palmwine like a fish back then!! With my Grandad grin

Get to meet your cousins!!

Mehn!!! Nostalgic feeling..
Can someone sponsor my visit to Naija next year?? Any Good Samaritan Biko
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Ibangap(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nice points. And against most people's perception, the expenses might lesser than they think.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by jaymejate: 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
If i show my pikin from where i de go fetch water come house. They go fear me

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by bowman000(m): 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
Ok

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by Raphafire101: 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
Above all, organise prayers for safe enjoyment....
Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by petkoffDrake(m): 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
Mine is always boring cry

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown by hayordele1: 10:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
what's this above me now

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Thread To Celebrate Our Mothers On Mother's Day / My Brother-In-Law And I / Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.