Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,860 members, 7,806,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians (14458 Views)

Lady Bans Timi Dakolo From Performing In Abuja For 'Disgracing' Popular Pastor / Sarkodie Replies Yemi Alade Over Her Claims On Him Disgracing Her Three Times / The 10 Hottest Nollywood Actresses In Yoruba Movie Industry (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by pol23: 5:04am On Dec 09, 2016
Mehn.
That girl possessed her possession ooo.
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by LilTyRoNe: 7:26am On Dec 09, 2016
Edenliv:

From the look of the scene it just little comedy scene
But my argument is that the poster want cheap publicity on his page........

Ok but that shouldnt be the reason you should refer to him as idiot igbo boy,you should have left the igbo and call him only idiot boy, its so tribalistic,no offence take note
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by Iyalaya556: 7:28am On Dec 09, 2016
LilTyRoNe:

Ok but that shouldnt be the reason you should refer to him as idiot igbo boy,you should have left the igbo and call him only idiot boy, its so tribalistic,no offence take note
are you minding these tribalist??

1 Like

Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by unapologetic: 8:38am On Dec 09, 2016
kkkashanw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiAVv0BcOLI

please is this how to act a romance scene

Well, it wasn't supposed to be a normal- romance scene but a comedy-romance scene. Sometimes,It's good to do proper analyzing before rushing into conclusions. Dear son, take a note of that because you will need it in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by Tyviv(f): 8:41am On Dec 09, 2016
undecided
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by Iyalaya556: 8:48am On Dec 09, 2016
unapologetic:

Well, it wasn't supposed to be a normal- romance scene but a comedy-romance scene. Sometimes,It's good to do proper analyzing before rushing into conclusions. Dear son, take a note of that because you will need it in life.
shoroniyen
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 09, 2016
Hahahahahahaha.
Uh na no go kill me...
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
kkkashanw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiAVv0BcOLI

please is this how to act a romance scene
it is obvious you don't know IJEBU is a comedian,I like that guy die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
juman:
You are wrong.
You cannot judge the whole industry using just one scene of a movie.

The main problem of the industry is piracy. If the film makers get the value for their films, they would churn out fantastic films like before.
But nigerian governments are incapable governments, cannot stop copyright infringement.

Piracy made them come up with that crappy, non innovative scene?
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by Iyalaya556: 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
AkinPhysicist:
cool Igbos are stupid people - they can't differentiate between comedy and romance. cool
lol...it might be a Yoruba boy that posted it
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by AkinPhysicist: 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
Iyalaya556:
lol...it might be a Yoruba boy that posted it

cool I know the guy - he is an Ipob yoot cool
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by Krisgift(f): 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
lwkmd. the scene is amazing.
op, what was you problem with the scene again?
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by Iyalaya556: 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2016
Krisgift:
lwkmd. the scene is amazing.
op, what was you problem with the scene again?
i tire oo
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by kkkashanw: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
hmmmmmm
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by niyot124: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
LilTyRoNe:

Who mentioned igbo now that is how you tribalist behave, the matter and issue you have with the person has now turned to their tribe,even you know that IGBO movies are the number 1 Rated in nigeria apart from Normal English nollyfilms in all genres so go and sleep mr man

My dear, get it right, Genevieve, Ramsey Noah, omotola jolade and the likes, act NIGERIAN ENGLISH MOVIES and not IGBO MOVIES. The fact that a lot of igbo people act in this movies doesn't make it IGBO film abeg.

There are strictly Igbo movies(igbo wood) just like Yoruba movies, they aren't just Popular cuz most people don't understand igbo.

Get it right undecided

There is a big difference.

And please Don't ever say IGBO film is the no 1 Rated indigenous movie in Nigeria. Iffa hear.

Most of those igbo actors wouldn't have been popular if not because they acted in English movies. But in Yoruba we've got popular people that didn't have to act in English movie to gain their popularity.

Eg Funke Akindele, Toyin Aimakhu( not yoruba by tribe), Fathia Balogun (not yoruba by tribe), Kevin ikeduwa( igbo by tribe),odunlade Adekola, etc.
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by oboy3(m): 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
niyot124:

My dear, get it right, Genevieve, Ramsey Noah, omotola jolade and the likes, act NIGERIAN ENGLISH MOVIES and not IGBO MOVIES. The fact that a lot of igbo people act in this movies doesn't make it IGBO film abeg.

There are strictly Igbo movies(igbo wood) just like Yoruba movies, they aren't just Popular cuz most people don't understand igbo.

Get it right undecided

And please Don't ever say IGBO film is the no 1 Rated indigenous movie in Nigeria. Iffa hear.

Most of those igbo actors wouldn't have been popular if not because they acted in English movies. But in Yoruba we've got popular people that didn't have to act in English movie to gain their popularity.

Eg Funke Akindele, Toyin Aimakhu( not yoruba by tribe), Fathia Balogun (not yoruba by tribe), Kevin ikeduwa( igbo by tribe),odunlade Adekola, etc.
@ bold,and everybody understands Yoruba,okwia?

1 Like

Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by niyot124: 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
oboy3:
@ bold,and everybody understands Yoruba,okwia?

Of course not, but more people understand Yoruba and Hausa undecided

Fact
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by oboy3(m): 10:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
niyot124:

Of course not, but more people understand Yoruba and Hausa undecided

Fact
same way a child raised in a village somewhere in Igboland will think More people understands Igbo, don't travel and learn,stay in oshogbi and be speculating

MRs speculator
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
niyot124:

Get it right undecided

It's actually Yoruba actors whom English movies made popular.
Who knew your actors before igbos brought them to English nollywood?

You forgot that what you call English nollywood started as igbo industry where the actors started using English to go global.
Osuofia, and all the people you know acted igbo movies first.
Living in bondage being the first home video was first in igbo, the international recognition it got made them go English.
Even after that, more igbo movies came out which are far more popular than any Yoruba movie can ever be.
Who watches yoruba film aside SOME Yoruba's?
Crappy nonsense you people churn out.
Even for a comedy, that scene up there is ridiculous

1 Like

Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by niyot124: 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
oboy3:
same way a child raised in a village somewhere in Igboland will think More people understands Igbo, don't travel and learn,stay in oshogbi and be speculating

MRs speculator

You reasoning is shallow. I'm talking about the general perception of Nigerians.

Based on population, of the three major tribes, the Igbos are the smallest in size. It's only natural for more people speak Hausa and Yoruba.

Even your brothers that have migrated to South Western states, especially Lagos learn speak Yoruba.

What are you saying?? undecided

Please come up with better points
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by niyot124: 10:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You forgot that what you call English nollywood started as igbo industry where the actors started using English to go global.
Living in bondage being the first home video was first in igbo, the international recognition it got made them go English.
Even after that, more igbo movies came out which are far more popular than any Yoruba movie can ever be.

Keep convincing yourself with lies, it suits you grin

I don't have the time and luxury to start analyzing things to you . You can check the replies I gave to your fellow people.
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by niyot124: 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Bdw Jenifa's movie alone beats all those so called movies(never even heard of some) you just mentioned,in terms of popularity and all, just so you know tongue grin
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
niyot124:

Keep convincing yourself with lies, it suits you grin

I don't have the time and luxury to start analyzing things to you . You can check the replies I gave to your fellow people.

Shallow replies.
Jenifa Yoruba movie is watched by Yorubas people. Not outside SW.
Don't compare with living in bondage and those early igbo movies watched globally.
Igbos are far better in marketing and distribution
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by oboy3(m): 11:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
niyot124:

You reasoning is shallow. I'm talking about the general perception of Nigerians.

Based on population, of the three major tribes, the Igbos are the smallest in size. It's only natural for more people speak Hausa and Yoruba.

Even your brothers that have migrated to South Western states, especially Lagos learn speak Yoruba.

What are you saying?? undecided

Please come up with better points
Until a credible census is conducted, I refuse to believe Yoruba/Hausa are more than Igbos,take it or leave,small land mass doesn't necessarily mean less population

that's why I said you need to leave Oshogbo and travel out,we also have your brothers here in igboland who speaks clear Igbo,I remember when I met a met a certain wale in awka who spoke fluent Igbo, you won't even know he isnt Igbo until he tells you,I can't even start mentioning Hausas here in IMO state who speaks Owerri more than I an Anambraria

you are the one who needs to come up with better points
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by niyot124: 6:36am On Dec 10, 2016
oboy3:
Until a credible census is conducted, I refuse to believe Yoruba/Hausa are more than Igbos,take it or leave,small land mass doesn't necessarily mean less population

that's why I said you need to leave Oshogbo and travel out,we also have your brothers here in igboland who speaks clear Igbo,I remember when I met a met a certain wale in awka who spoke fluent Igbo, you won't even know he isnt Igbo until he tells you,I can't even start mentioning Hausas here in IMO state who speaks Owerri more than I an Anambraria

you are the one who needs to come up with better points

Arguing with you is hopeless just like the your Biafra. grin

Lol, so I'm in Oshogbo right grin

Smh, even if I am, does that stop information from getting to me.

You need enlightenment. You people should just stop trouping into SW abeg. You people are choking the Landlords.
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by niyot124: 6:39am On Dec 10, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Shallow replies.
Jenifa Yoruba movie is watched by Yorubas people. Not outside SW.
Don't compare with living in bondage and those early igbo movies watched globally.
Igbos are far better in marketing and distribution

Omg, lwkmd. Globally my foot.

Just face it, your people depend on the Yorubas to exist.

Don't worry we accommodate all manner of things(people) undecided
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 10, 2016
niyot124:

Omg, lwkmd. Globally my foot.

Just face it, your people depend on the Yorubas to exist.

Don't worry we accommodate all manner of things(people) undecided

Chaii...you are too tribalistic, even as I am Yoruba but mehn this your own strong gaaaaan.
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by oboy3(m): 7:47am On Dec 10, 2016
niyot124:

Arguing with you is hopeless just like the your Biafra. grin

Lol, so I'm in Oshogbo right grin

Smh, even if I am, does that stop information from getting to me.

You need enlightenment. You people should just stop trouping into SW abeg. You people are choking the Landlords.

Did I ever mention Biafra here?,you are losing in the argument then you bring in Biafra,check the history of my posts on Nairaland,i hardly talk about Biafra

I can't stop my people from trouping to Sw,same way you caan't stop your people from trouping into the SE

1 Like

Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by niyot124: 10:32am On Dec 10, 2016
oboy3:
Did I ever mention Biafra here?,you are losing in the argument then you bring in Biafra,check the history of my posts on Nairaland,i hardly talk about Biafra

I can't stop my people from trouping to Sw,same way you caan't stop your people from trouping into the SE

How many people troupe in SE?? Abegi

Do you even know that the "Osogbo" you keep mentioning boast of a stable electricity supply ? Obviously you don't.

I had to mention Biafra cuz you fail to see reason and I consider that hopeless in comparison to attaining what is called Biafra.

Apart from maybe Enugu, no state is enticing enough in the SE to witness mass trouping in. Even the Enugu is not among the first class states in Nigeria in terms of development.
Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by oboy3(m): 10:40am On Dec 10, 2016
niyot124:

[s]

How many people troupe in SE?? Abegi

Do you even know that the "Osogbo" you keep mentioning boast of a stable electricity supply ? Obviously you don't.

I had to mention Biafra cuz you fail to see reason and I consider that hopeless in comparison to attaining what is called Biafra.

Apart from maybe Enugu, no state is enticing enough in the SE to witness mass trouping in. Even the Enugu is not among the first class states in Nigeria in terms of development. [/s]
Your opinion tho

I wouldn't lose sleep over that

Re: This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians by niyot124: 10:45am On Dec 10, 2016
truthsayer007:

Chaii...you are too tribalistic, even as I am Yoruba but mehn this your own strong gaaaaan.

I won't be this tribalistic if not for what I've seen and experience. Also, on nairaland here the Igbos have always been the most tribalistic. Someone needs to give them back in their own dose.

They always feel Nigeria and especially the Yorubas owe them. They say they developed Lagos, imagine that effrontery. Whereas everyone contributed to the development of the state one way or the other.
If truly they developed Lagos, why not develop their own states the same way.

They dislike the Yorubas yet they troupe in to our land en masse to make a living. The Lagos state government are generous enough to give them political seats, despite not being the only non-indegene tribe in Lagos. They can NEVER do that in return.

They are so selfish and Jealous and I know they always wish Lagos state belongs to them and is in the SE. Other tribe don't make a fuss except them.

I don't them, I've got correct igbo friends bdw. I just hate their thinking and mentality at times.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insider Confirms Chioma Has Been Sleeping With Peruzzi, They Are Not Cousins / Tacha Advises Nigerian Electorates To Have Sense & Vote Good Leaders In 2023 / 16 Year Old Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels N*de Photos & Video Surface Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.