Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast (32647 Views)

Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma / Lump In The Chest- Graphics Pix Attached / Man Discovers A Lady Has Breast Lump During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Gabriel6(m): 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hi guyz. i just got newly married and found out that they is a round, hard stuff in one of her breast, i asked her about it, she said it happened when she was 15yrs (now she is 23). she told her mum about it and the mum told her it was a normal thing, that it will soon go. she waited for many years it was still there instead of going it was increasing. and her parent refused doing anything about it, she said she went to hospital on her own, after a doctor examine her he said it was not cancer because cancer does not move but hers does. that it was just a lump. now why i need you guys help is because she is presently pregnant and i don't want a situation where by she won't be able to breast feed the babies. pls to save the life of my unborn babies help me with any way i can solve this problem. epp a brother, and before i forget she is carrying double in her womb.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by yomi007k(m): 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
Yea....

Not all lumps are cancers truly but to be on the safer side, an exisional biopsy shud have been done.

I dont joke wt any type of lump because its abnormal.

I suggest u go to a tertiary govt hospital. Not private I beg.

Be safe.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by ucheheart(m): 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
But it is just a lump bother not urself

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by delishpot: 5:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
The doctor she went to, did he not ask her to do a biopsy? Where they will collect some small piece to check if there are any cancerous cell? Even if it turns out not be be cancer, he still should recommend that she remove the lump as according to her, it is growing bigger in size. Imagine if she leaves it for another 5years. Na wa o.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by yomi007k(m): 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
ucheheart:
But it is just a lump bother not urself

My brother some benign lumps hv tendency to becom malignant over time.

Although its not common but prevention is better dan cure.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by dominique(f): 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2016
It's just a benign lump or cyst. if it was going to turn cancerous, it would have done so years ago. I don't think it will prevent her from breastfeeding but if she feels uncomfortable about it, she should have it removed. Only the area will be given anaesthesia and the lump will be removed in a matter of minutes.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by yomi007k(m): 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
dominique:
It's just a benign lump or cyst. if it was going to turn cancerous, it would have done so years ago. I don'tthink it will prevent her from breastfeeding but if she feels uncomfortable about it, she should have it removed.

Lol...how long does it take for a lump to becom cancerous?

Some women see it in 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s.

Truth is it varies.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nutase: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
Fear not. God is in control. She will breastfeed your children and both of you will live till old age.

***Modified***
For those of you quoting me I'm sure you all missed the part were they went to the hospital and they told her it wasn't cancer. If the doctor felt she needed an operation he would have recommended one. You are all diagnosing cancer when the hospital has said it is not cancer.
I never asked them not to visit a hospital and I never would.
We should learn the difference between encouraging someone who is scared that it would affect his wife's ability to breastfeed his kids and someone who has not seen a doctor at all.
If you do not have anything to say just SU and don't add more fear to the man's heart.

26 Likes

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Rainradio: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
After the breastfeeding please encourage her to get it removed, some benign lumps when left over time due to hormonal changes and other underlying factors can become malignant ,the removal process is usually outpatient,she comes in they remove it and she can go back home same day.......better still do more research online

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by dominique(f): 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
yomi007k:

Lol...how long does it take for a lump to becom cancerous?

Truth is it varies.

Cancer cells multiply fast especially one such as this that is unchecked. But in this case, the lump has been there for 8 years, I don't think a lump that is potentially cancerous can remain benign for so long. i stand to be corrected though.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by yomi007k(m): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
dominique:

Cancer cells multiply fast especially one such as this that is unchecked. But in this case, the lump has been there for 8 years, I don't think a lump that is potentially cancerous can remain benign for so long. i stand to be corrected though.

U r right abt d growth rate but a fraction of benign lumps can later bcom malignant.

I think it jus pays to be safe.

Dont u think?

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by dominique(f): 7:58pm On Dec 08, 2016
yomi007k:

U r right abt d growth rate but a fraction of benign lumps can later bcom malignant.

I think it jus pays to be safe.

Dont u think?

Yes, it's advisable that she removes it.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
One of the major characteristics of a malignant tumor is "metastasis"

If a tumor/lump is cancerous, it's more than likely to "metastasize" (I.e. Move to other areas of the body) and invade surrounding tissues.

In your case, it is benign. For 8 years, you've had that and it has not spread (if it has, your doctor would have picked it up in his various examinations).

The chances of a benign tumor/lump becoming malignant are rare indeed but those chances exist nonetheless even if it's a 0.1% chance.

It's no bother really. But you can have it removed. Benign cases respond really well to treatment. Your doctor will have to run more checks to be super sure even after removal (take no chances). smiley

Meanwhile, you should be on a kind of anti-cancer diet prior to that. Example: cut down on red-meat like pork, beef, etc and canned tomatoes....

All is well.... smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2016

Stop pressing her breast all the time

I speak from experience

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by KingEbukaNaija: 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
Gabriel6:
Hi guyz. i just got newly married and found out that they is a round, hard stuff in one of her breast, i asked her about it, she said it happened when she was 15yrs (now she is 23). she told her mum about it and the mum told her it was a normal thing, that it will soon go. she waited for many years it was still there instead of going it was increasing. and her parent refused doing anything about it, she said she went to hospital on her own, after a doctor examine her he said it was not cancer because cancer does not move but hers does. that it was just a lump. now why i need you guys help is because she is presently pregnant and i don't want a situation where by she won't be able to breast feed the babies. pls to save the life of my unborn babies help me with any way i can solve this problem. epp a brother, and before i forget she is carrying double in her womb.

Visit the Lord's Chosen , Headquarters . Similar numerous cases have been solved by God . You need help , she needs help - I proffered the best solution .
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by TINALETC3(f): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
May God heal her
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by brostheo(m): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
Picture of her boobs or you just talking thrash

But you be say you not see her boobs before una marry?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by WebSurfer(m): 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2016
oh shit...cancer
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
Oga Consult a gynaecologist..

What exactly dyu hope to get coming here were plumber go dey for doctor..I pity you

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Thepasserby(m): 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
click here for a list of things to expect in 2017
www.nairaland.com/3506986/5-things-expect-2017
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
Cancer loading...
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by lollmaolol(m): 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
dominique:

Yes, it's advisable that she removes it.

I agree
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by phemmylink(m): 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
pic pls
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Visit the Lord's Chosen , Headquarters . Similar numerous cases have been solved by God . You need help , she needs help - I proffered the best solution .
Make it a point you do this ^^ after seeing a Doctor, otherwise.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by stevenson007: 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
Sorry can you show us the pishure of her breast lets see, so we can give a tangible advice not like this one! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by YoursGEJ(m): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
OP, if the lump has been there since she was 15, then it is probably benign and is not dangerous. But I'd advise your wife to go see the doctor and get an x-ray just to make sure
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by Ajiswaggs(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
Picture of her breast with lump please....let me see what I can do

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by dubbiskelly(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
It's probably a benign growth that can be excised via a lumpectomy which is an out patient surgery. But have her checked out by a medical professionly first.
Re: My Wife Has A Lump In Her Breast by bettercreature(m): 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
thePretender:
Oga Consult a gynaecologist..

What exactly dyu hope to get coming here were plumber go dey for doctor..I pity you
Exactly! they are in the best position to help him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October / “ewedu” Can Prevent And Cure Ebola – LUTH Consultant / Itching After Bathing - I Need Help...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.