Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,232 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:03 AM

Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters (942 Views)

Tony Nwoye & APC Supporters In A Beer Parlour Chilling Anambra (Photos) / Ebonyi APC Supporters Clash With PDP Youths (Photos) / Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by Nobody: 4:56am On Dec 09, 2016
Ahead of Saturday’s legislative rerun in Rivers State, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, has urged members of his party to retaliate whatever action they get from loyalists of the Peoples Democratic Party.
Odigie-Oyegun, who spoke at the mega rally of the APC at the Yakubu Gowon Stadium in Port Harcourt on Thursday, described the rerun as “the beginning of a rescue mission” and encouraged the people not to be intimidated.
He said, “I am glad with what I am hearing here today; very glad. If they push you, push them back. If they slap you, slap them back.”
He expressed his satisfaction with the turnout at the rally, and urged the people to head to the polling units in droves on Saturday.
Odigie-Oyegun said,“I am very pleased with the turnout here today. It shows you are truly ready. As you can see, we came in force. The whole federal might is here. You have the governors of this nation here today.”
He added, “We are sending one message, and that message is clear. It is that we respect you the people of Rivers State. We respect the courage of our members in this state. We want to let you know that we have heard your cry; we have seen your anguish; enough is enough. This is the beginning of a rescue mission.
Also speaking at the rally, the Minister of Transportation and the APC leader in the state, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, said the poll would be an election of their (APC) lives.
Amaechi, who is a former governor of the state, called on the APC supporters not to be afraid but to ensure that their votes were protected.
He stressed that he would not entertain any excuse on result sheet snatching and advised party faithful in the state to retrieve any election materials taken away during the exercise.
He said, “This is what is called election of our lives. You know I have never spoken like this before. Do not kill anybody; but, don’t allow yourself to be killed. We also have to protect ourselves.
“I don’t want to hear that they snatched the result sheet from you. If they snatch it, collect it back from them. My phone will be switched off. Nobody should call me. The only time you will call me is from 6pm when you have won the election.”
No fewer than 12 APC governors, National Assembly members and other public office-holders attended the rally.
The Chairman of the APC Election Campaign Committee, Alhaji Mohammed Ganduje, urged the APC supporters in the state to take cover whenever they were shot at.
The Kano State Governor urged the APC supporters in the state not to hesitate to shoot back at their attackers during the election.
But the Governor of Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike, disagreed with Ganduje over his comments on the election.
Wike, who spoke through his Commissioner for Information, Dr. Austin Tam-George, said Ganduje’s call on the APC supporters to take cover and shoot was a way of inciting violence in the state.
“This is a shameful and egregious invitation to violence by the Kano State Governor,” Wike said.
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by Nobody: 4:57am On Dec 09, 2016
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by Atiku2019: 5:03am On Dec 09, 2016
Only a fool will die for any politician grin....Feel free to support them, but when it becomes violent "Abandon Ship" grin

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by IykeChukz(m): 5:07am On Dec 09, 2016
Lolz... For Wike's State?

Oyegun please go and sit down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 09, 2016
power and money are the only two motivating factors that encourage our so called politicians to vie for positions.....the plight of the common man is none of their business..... smh.... i personally don't take them serious because i see them as comedians , competing with the likes of basket mouth in stand up comedy..... anyway , some hungry supporters will still die for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by Nobody: 5:19am On Dec 09, 2016
political hoodlums..d poster below me shaaa
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by seunmsg(m): 5:30am On Dec 09, 2016
“I am glad with what I am hearing here today; very glad. If they push you, push them back. If they slap you, slap them back.”

What is Oyegun smoking?

We should not encourage violence in anyway. We all condemned Obasanjo's do or die politics, we should all condemn the language of Oyegun and governor Ganduje. We want to see a very peaceful election in Rivers state and not one where people are slapping and shooting each other.
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by Corrinthians(m): 5:38am On Dec 09, 2016
seunmsg:
“I am glad with what I am hearing here today; very glad. If they push you, push them back. If they slap you, slap them back.”

What is Oyegun smoking?

We should not encourage violence in anyway. We all condemned Obasanjo's do or die politics, we should all condemn the language of Oyegun and governor Ganduje. We want to see a very peaceful election in Rivers state and not one where people are slapping and shooting each other.
The sadest thing is; you dont find these people's children anywhere near polling units on election day!! They are either flown abroad or instructed to sit at home in the safety of a retinue of security officers!

Whichever way the election goes, only the children Of the poor and oppressed die in the process.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by bodejohn(m): 5:55am On Dec 09, 2016
Slap back only if Oyegun's children will be part of those that will be slapped.

Our politicians will never learn...#electionisnotwar!!!!
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by pyyxxaro: 6:05am On Dec 09, 2016
APC..... Change embarassed
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by rayblast(m): 6:12am On Dec 09, 2016
I dey wait for d day wey Channels abi TVC go show me where dis politician children dey vote. Abeg make una see wetin person grandpapa and Apc leader dey talk for mouth ? Dis people no get quality of leadership at all.Dem no get our interest for mind. They are just there to cause more problems for our country. Make we dey kill ourselves for una abi make una own children dey Yankee.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:15am On Dec 09, 2016
Corrinthians:
The sadest thing is; you dont find these people's children anywhere near polling units on election day!! They are either flown abroad or instructed to sit at home in the safety of a retinue of security officers!

Whichever way the election goes, only the children Of the poor and oppressed die in the process.

You've Said it All smiley
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 09, 2016
What a Fatherly Advice lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 09, 2016
Isn't it obvious these politicians don't care about us ? They'll send their wards abroad, and advice other people's children to push and slap people in the name of election.

Wisen up Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by omowolewa: 6:29am On Dec 09, 2016
Na battle field?
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by collitexnaira(m): 6:47am On Dec 09, 2016
Apc, party made of thugs and tyrants, imagine what a party leader is advising his members to do ,, and those idiot won't be there in person when the fight starts but will be using gullible Youths who can die for just 1000 naira given to them
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 09, 2016
if military man slap u nko grin slap back and die
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by firstking01(m): 6:56am On Dec 09, 2016
Just imagine the advice the idiot is giving his fellowers, and at the end of the day he will call himself a leader...God, i hate APC with passion.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 09, 2016
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by orisa37: 8:03am On Dec 09, 2016
Fulani Herdsmen hooliganism.
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by AllTheWayUp: 9:11am On Dec 09, 2016
grin grin cheesy

APC thugs go die like ants on Saturday

Rivers State is PDP
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by able20(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2016
bodejohn:
Slap back only if Oyegun's children will be part of those that will be slapped.

Our politicians will never learn...#electionisnotwar!!!
!
Oyegun yeye man. Becos he slapped Tinubu back and won abi, try it again
Re: Rivers Rerun: If They Slap You, Slap Them, Oyegun Tells Rivers APC Supporters by Frankiss44(m): 9:39am On Dec 09, 2016
Just imagine what is coming out from the mouth (anus) of a national figure

(1) (Reply)

‘blaming Jonathan For Our Woes, Not Acceptable Anymore’ / Re: Killing Of Southern Kaduna People By Fulani Herdsmen / Why Ipob People Keep Lying They Fought Nigeria Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.