Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle (5964 Views)

Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / Wife Breaks Bottle On Husband's Head After He Slapped Her-neighbours Hail Her On / Man Tricks His Baby Who Refused To Take Milk From A Feeding Bottle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:49am On Dec 09, 2016
The Screaming Eagle is actually one of the highest reviewed. Sold at auction or by an exclusive mailing list, it was one of the rarer wines for such a new vintage. Only 175 cases were produced, even less were produced of the following years. The bottles were sold in up to six liters though so if you bought one, you were set for a good amount of time if you didn’t rush yourself.
Last sold at a charity auction in 2000 for $500,000 the high demand quickly ran through the supply of this new wine. Not bad for a wine that had only gone to market 5 years earlier.

PRICE Per Bottle: $500,000 ie N250,000,000

Culled From PalmDiscovery
Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by thesicilian: 11:52am On Dec 09, 2016
Why is it so expensive?
Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:55am On Dec 09, 2016

Screaming Eagle is one of the original Californian "cult wines". Proprietor Jean Philips never dreamt that her wine would be so sought after, when in 1992, after years of selling grapes to Napa Valley wineries, she decided to find out if her home-made wine, created in a plastic trash can, was any good. She took a sample down to Robert Mondavi where they thought enough of her dark, rich, cassis-flavoured Cabernet to encourage her to bottle it, though they snickered at her proposed name. The rest is history.

Screaming Eagle's 100% Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard is ideally situated. The soil is virtually a rock pile on a gentle, west-facing slope east of the Napa River. Drainage and exposure are excellent. The property is at a point in the valley where the weather is hot enough during the day to ripen Cabernet to its optimum, yet the grapes are cooled by the afternoon breezes that blow north from San Pablo Bay.

Only 500 cases a year of Screaming Eagle are produced under the direction of winemaker Heidi Peterson Barret. The resulting wines are brimming with deep, plush layers of flavour, echoing currant, cassis, blackberries and black cherry. The tannins are soft, round and polished, yet firm enough to give every indication that Screaming Eagle wines will age beautifully for 10 to 20 years.
Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by Jafar1: 11:57am On Dec 09, 2016
will it make me 20years younger?
Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by ibibiofirstlady(f): 11:59am On Dec 09, 2016
Jafar1:
will it make me 20years younger?
Perhaps yes!
Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by chriskosherbal(m): 12:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
#250,000,000 for a wine hmmmmm.......... God I will buy this wine in the future by your grace I really want to feel it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3476612/having-manhood-challenges-come-see

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
Because they used gold to make it abi? undecided
Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by Splinz(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
You mean it's an elixir of immortality
Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by zeb04(f): 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
is it made with blood?
Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by ChemicalReaction(f): 12:33am On Dec 10, 2016
thesicilian:
Why is it so expensive?
Because it's the water Jesus turned into wine at the wedding feast.
Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 10, 2016
Nonsense
Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 10, 2016
chriskosherbal:
#250,000,000 for a wine hmmmmm.......... God I will buy this wine in the future by your grace I really want to feel it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3476612/having-manhood-challenges-come-see

you have a very nice dream keep it up
Re: Meet The Most Expensive Wine In The World, Sold For 250 Million Naira Per Bottle by thesicilian: 8:39am On Dec 10, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Because it's the water Jesus turned into wine at the wedding feast.
Hahaha. Indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Are We Living In A World Of Indecency Or Fashion / A Married Man. A Single Lady. The Infidelity Trend... / Goodbye Nairalanders, I Will Commit Suicide To End My Worthless Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.